[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sound Webm's. Why can't we have them? Is it because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1272284572264.jpg (30 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
1272284572264.jpg
30 KB, 307x386
Sound Webm's. Why can't we have them?

Is it because moot was and is a faggot?
>>
>>1145215
>>
>>570158
It's because new moot doesn't know how to computer, so he hasn't been able to implement it for other boards yet
>>
>>570158
Yes, it's Moot's fault, like most things that should have been changed but weren't. Keep asking Hiro and eventually he will change it.
>>
>>570243
No he won't, Hiro doesn't want a million DMCA requests just like moot didn't.
>>
>>570245
/wsg/ disproves whatever point you were trying to make.
>>
This is an image board, the theme is images. The only reason /wsg/ and /gif/ have sound is because their sole purpose is for people to post animated images or clips there, so obstructing that one purpose is unnecessary. Webms were in the first place only added as an improvement of gifs since they have much lower filesize and you can cram more shit in it. Nothing else.

Adding more functionality just because it's available isn't a good enough reason to do it if it detracts for the original purpose, that is, to share images. You might as well ask why we don't have mp4 or mkv support. That said, no one is hindering you from crosslinking /wsg/ or linking external sites.

I personally think that enabling sound webms on all boards would make shitposting shoot through the roof, since it would be too convenient to post videos from youtube, loud noises and make memeing in general too easy.
>inb4 some fag claims no one posts screamos or whatever on /wsg/
That shit will definitely spread like cancer on popular boards.
>>
>>570252
/wsg/ and /gif/ are two relatively small boards that can be easily moderated.
>>
>>570333
TLDR: Stop trying to destroy the core values of something you enjoy.
I agree with you.
>>
>>570333
>muh images
Fuck off we've had webms and gifs forever, your argument is fucking invalid.
Sound webms site wide would be a huge plus for OC creation and actually produce some better quality shit for once. It would be like the Bronze Age in Western civilization so stop holding us back you geocentric fucks.
>>
>>570354
There's plenty enough potential for OC here. Sound webms would just fuck the whole dynamics of the site up. I tried 4+5-1chan once and was instantly put off by their sound webms. Once you allow those you simply aren't an imageboard anymore. You're more like social media for autists. Stopping to watch complete videos doesn't suit the way I use this site at all. No videos and under 2000 characters is how this place will hold together no matter how much the userbase changes. Once you go allowing people to put bigger and crazier shit into their posts you're messing with the foundations of the site.
>>
>>570354
>2 years
>forever
You don't have to pretend that you read my post, but gosh.
>>
>>570333
>>570356
>muh imageboard
Christ you autists who can't handle changes are the worst
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.