[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The case for /ar/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 11
File: confused slut.jpg (21 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
confused slut.jpg
21 KB, 300x240
Anime/Manga Retro would be a good idea. Discussions of retro anime on /a/ tend to get buried by the faster-paced discussions of current series. Normally threads about older shows get buried because less people have actually seen them and those who have seen them are not likely to notice a thread or reply to it.

Having a board just for discussion of retro anime/manga would allow a place for people to go specifically for discussion of older shows, resulting in threads that would be slower but would live for a few days at a time. I could see a lot of good discussions cropping up from people who go there specifically in search of that kind of discussion.

It might also encourage us to mind our backlogs more.

But, how old would "retro" be? Even though the word "retro" makes you think pre-2000, I would personally say anything older than 10 years should be considered fair game. This would make Ergo Proxy just old enough and Spice and Wolf slightly too new, to give an idea.

Thoughts?
>>
Fuck off, we're getting /vj/ before /ar/
>>
>>568597
/vj/ - Vidya Jeneral?
>>
>>568597
Fuck off, there is no "we" who wants that, only (you).
>>
>>568595
modern /a/ hasn't even seen most retro anime
>>
File: 1326210829995.gif (451 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1326210829995.gif
451 KB, 400x300
>toradora was 8 years ago
>>
Anime isn't nearly big enough to warrant having an offshoot board considering that it's been in decline for the past 8 years or so.

Hiro needs to look into expanding /co/ due to the popularity of Homestuck, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, etc.

Seriously, when was the last time an anime series shook up the American anime market? Dragonball Z and Pokemon were all over the place. Now you don't see anime anywhere.
>>
>>568595
No, fuck off. That is absolutely fine because all discussion has been exhausted on that topic. Generals on the other hand an actual problem.
>>
>>568595
No board splitting

If your thread is so niche that it can't get a reply in the hour or two it takes to roll off the board then chances are nobody wants to discuss it.
>>
>>568727
SnK, but not to the degree of DBZ or Pokeman.
>>
>>568595
There is no case, fuck off.
>>
>>568760
Every thread that's not baiting for replies, currently airing, or about something wildly popular is simply going to die unless it has an autistic fanbase dedicated to keeping it alive. This doesn't mean that nobody wants to talk about less popular, it just means that /a/ is a very fast board.

If /jp/ and /m/ were merged back into /a/, upwards of ninety percent of their threads would die, given that /a/ is about ten times faster than each. Sure, half of each board probably doesn't deserve to exist, but that's still a lot of people being displaced.
>>
>>568595
It makes a lot more sense to have a board dedicated to manga. This is an objective and easy to moderate divide and there is already enough manga discussion on /a/ to popular a board dedicated to the medium.
It's weird how western/American cartoons and film have their own boards yet anime and manga doesn't, considering there is far more diversity of actual discussion on /a/ about anime and manga then there is on /co/ or /tv/ about cartoons or television.

>>568727
Kill yourself you fucking insufferable Burger.
The response to anime in America is entirely fucking irrelevant.
>>
I would actually go the other way around. Make a board that is purely for the newest seasonal anime shows. And perhaps the newest manga chapter dump.

Old or normal /a/ would be as it would be now, full with the waifugeneral, drawfag general, weekend waifu general, daily sakurafish, buyfag general, stalker points general, worst [current] season ever general, worst [next] season ever general, kyoani-shitpost general, madoka shitpost general, shounenshitpost general, one piece general, schwarzesmarken general, monster musume general, daily japanese learning thread general, it's time male homolust general, is this forbidden love yuri general, his waifu wears shoes general, loli picture dump generals, sadpanda generals, jojo thread general, tokyo ghoul general, one piece general, naruto general, osomatsu general, evangelion general, fate stay night general and 3x3 circlejerk general. Plus of course the occasional old anime discussion and some older manga dumps. Discussion about the state of the anime and manga industry, what other anime-watching website communities do and seiyuu threads also would still belong on /a/.

But a board purely for the newest season ought to be fine and always generate new content.
>>
Just delete all the generals and forced meme threads and everything will be fine.
>>
File: 1452266064425.jpg (39 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1452266064425.jpg
39 KB, 472x472
>mfw 2000 was 137 years ago
>>
>Splitting /a/
No fucking kill yourself, I am sick of this /ar/ meme.
You guys say you want to discuss retro anime but you can do this on /a/
>b-b-b-b-ut muh board speed
The reason threads die is you can't talk about retro anime because it has been discussed to death already and nobody is interested.
It is not like retro video games that you can replay and have a different experience or retro online games that will always have someone who wants to play online.

What /ar/ really translates to is /v/'s anime board to meme and circle jerk.
Please fuck off and die.
>>
>>569778
>>569214
>This doesn't mean that nobody wants to talk about less popular [things], it just means that /a/ is a very fast board.
>>
>>569780
Honestly I would consider a manga board considering it would solve the shitposting that happens when a popular manga gets an Anime adaption.
I am still against splitting /a/ in principle, especially when it comes to retarded ideas like /ar/ or god forbid /ag/.
>>
>>569784
We already have lots of general threads on /a/ anyway.
>>
>>568595
fuck off old fart
>>
>>569783
Nobody wants to talk about Retro Anime. I have seen successful threads that got over 100 replies, it was basically a chatroom or
>I watched x , it was good
>I watched x again, it was good
>What should I watch?
>80s anime was the best
>90s anime was the best
>404

You want a whole board of this shit because /v/ is mad we don't talk about Dragon Ball Z or cowboy beebop 24/7.

>>569786
Most of those generals need pruning, some are alright like drawfag threads because something at least happens.
Those generals about an Anime that aired months ago or generals about a manga that gets updated once a month need to go, there is zero discussion and Monster Musume has deteriorated to erping.

Generals go against the point of 4chan anyways, look at how shit /vg/ is.
A whole board dedicated to secret chatrooms ruled by tripfags, namefags and personalities that jack each other off all day.
>>
The retro anime board should just any series that's more than five years old, and by that I mean it shouldn't be a retro anime board at all.
>>
>>569805
Yes, we all need an Anime board just for /v/.
>>
>>569808
So /va/?
>>
Doesn't /v/ have anime threads anyway?
>>
>>569810
Nah call it /sh/ for shounen and just turn a blind eye when they talk about Beebop or Dandy.

>>569811
Nah, the odd off topic comment but from what I have see you can derail a whole thread with just an anime image.
/v/ sets up camp in /a/ sometimes when theres a seasonal anime they like like Umaru or OPM, I think it is Boku no hero academia this season.
There usually Dragon Ball super as well, you can see the difference in posting a mile away theres a lot of DELETE THIS, meme frogs images and the word cuck is frequent.
Dragon Ball super pisses them off to no extent though.
>>
>>569808
Believe it or not, there are people in this world who do things other than religiously watch airing shows despite not being /v/ users.
>>
>>569818
Lies and slander.
>>
>>569778
>discussed to death
There are plenty of problems with splitting off an /ar/, but suggesting /a/ has somehow discussed most old series to death is absurd.
The vast majority of /a/ doesn't know shit about older anime and manga beyond the usual collection of "classics" popular in the western anime community.
>>
There are many good arguments against this. Read the long post in this thread:
http://cuckchan.org/qa/thread/508640/
>>
>>569832
Then the one or two people who do know about the sekrit ancient Anime will have great fun discussing it.
>Hey Remember x
>Yeah it was good
>Yeah I agree
>404.
>>
>>568595
I agree fully OP
Whenever I want to find discussion on /a/ regarding older, well-made anime like Eva, GitS, or Bebop I usually have to go through pages upon pages of moe, waifu, and loli shit
>>
>>569840
>Not using the catalog
/v/ everyone.
>>
>>569839
There's no reason that people should have any more to say about any given airing show than an old series that most haven't seen before. Unless modern shows are just swimming with depth that old shows don't have, the difference in the amount of discussion is simply a function of how many people are watching the show at the time (and how likely they are to get into waifu wars, hype, and speculah).
>>
>>569840
/a/ tals about EVA all the time.
Also loli is not allowed on /a/, moe is not a genre and /ar/ will have plenty of waifushit since one of the oldest waifu wars still goes on today.

>>569843
Modern shows don't have depth, they are new thats all they have going for them when it comes to discussion thats what all Anime has going for it when it discussion.
Its the same crap every time, ever season and for every Anime but since the Anime is new it feels different.
Thats why no one talks about Retro Anime on /a/, it has been done or does not have enough people interested.

Thats why every season you see so many people trying to hang on or start a general about something that aired last season, most of them fail because everyone who talked about it last season has moved on.
Thats the nature of the beast for most discussion on /a/, you had some generals and some of the huge classics gets threads but theres 0 new discussion.
It is the same crap day in and day out with a ton of off topic crap throw in.
>>
>>569214
>Every thread that's not baiting for replies, currently airing, or about something wildly popular is simply going to die unless it has an autistic fanbase dedicated to keeping it alive.
Welcome to the fucking 4chan format. Guess what, /a/ isn't fast. It is max a medium board. Guess what else? /a/ has old threads all the time and the last for a fucking long time. The difference is they just don't normally hit bump limit as it is and that they don't have old in the title. People just make threads for different fucking things and the conversation flows. You are literally complaining that there isn't a fucking 24/7 cancer general for your retarded topic.

Board splits are cancerous and retarded as hell. The people who request them should fuck off and stop trying to kill actual discussion and fun just so they can have a shitty hugbox.
>>
>>569895
>Guess what, /a/ isn't fast. It is max a medium board.
People like you are complete shit eaters. At "max" a medium board? So there's a chance that it's a slow board? I know that /a/ loves to endorse its own collective delusions, but open your fucking eyes. It's the fifth fastest board on the site and only looks "medium" if you use /b/ and /v/ as your standards.

>You are literally complaining that there isn't a fucking 24/7 cancer general for your retarded topic.
No, you fuckwit, people make 24/7 generals and fill them with cancer and other stupid shit because it's the only way to talk about something mildly old without the thread waltzing off the face of the earth in thirty minutes. Because you can't count on every passing poster to fill it with the shitty memes and canned replies of airing threads, you need to aggregate the fans together, and to do that you have to keep the thread alive because said fans are spaced out temporally.

If everybody bought the shit that retards like you peddled you'd think that every board slower than /a/ (protip: that's the vast majority of them) was made of nothing but shitty general threads.
>>
>>568727
We have a board dedicated to fucking papercraft.
>>
>another split-/a/-thread
Oh god why, I'm still recharging my autism after the last one
>>
>>569945
/v/ is still mad.
>>
>>569923
It isn't a fast board, you fuckwit. Threads last for days. A fast board implies fast, shit got in minutes. Threads can last an hour - 3 hours before even reaching page 10. That is hardly fast, its medium. It's only fast if you are comparing it to something like /po/.

No, people don't make generals because they have to. They do it because they don't fucking know how 4chan works and as such try to enforce cancerous culture and concepts. Don't fucking try that bullshit. Generals don't fucking exist to combat fast speeds. That is some of the biggest pile of shit I have ever heard. At the end of the day, you aren't complaining about anything constructive. Old threads are regular and lively. A lot of them don't hit bump limit, sure. But that doesn't matter. Most threads that exist shouldn't be hitting it anyway. 4chan isn't a fucking forum, threads don't have topics they are just a conversation and as such die when there is nothing left to say. Which is were lies in your problem. You are just simply upset the threads you like aren't popular, that's it. And because of that you want to split a fucking board/community in half simply so you can literally circlejerk about something you aren't going to care about one or two threads later. As a result basically destroying a board and limiting everything that could have occurred. All that discussion and fun.

You are literally complaining about 4chan itself. It is a ephemeral image board. It isn't about the past or the future, it is now. Shit isn't meant to last forever. Why do you think new shit is so popular and constant? Because 4chan itself encourages that shit. Old threads happen all the fucking time, they just aren't as heavy. Most of them are also shit because there isn't that much to say. An anon already posted a thread the sums this up perfectly. >>569834

Fuck off.
>>
>>569959
>It isn't a fast board, you fuckwit. Threads last for days. It's only fast if you are comparing it to something like /po/.
It's also way fucking faster /c/, /d/, /e/, /f/, /gif/, /h/, /k/, /m/, /o/, /p/, /r/, /s/, /t/, /u/, w/, /wg/. Oh hey, that's every single one of the original boards except /b/, /v/, and /g/! Except /a/ is STILL twice as fast as /g/.

>No, people don't make generals because they have to.
There is pressure on people to create generals because that's how they get what they want - discussion of topics they like with people who also like those things. Nobody "forces" general culture. It's the natural method of organization for anyone who wants to talk about a thing that /a/ isn't currently creaming themselves over.

>Old threads are regular and lively.
Yes, when they are about flagship works. There are also a shit ton of works out there which are not flagship works which don't get attention because /a/ is - yes - a fast board.

>And because of that you want to split a fucking board/community in half simply so you can literally circlejerk about something you aren't going to care about one or two threads later.
If it were up to you no doubt /a/ and /b/ would be the only boards. Splits are not the end of the fucking world. If it's literally "/v/'s anime board" why would you not want it? Gives you a free opportunity to offload your trash, and since "nobody cares" about the topics it would discuss, you wouldn't lose a single fucking user!

>An anon already posted a thread the sums this up perfectly. >>569834
He refers to a "long post," but there are a whole lot of long posts in there.
>>
>>569815
Why does /a/ hate shounen so much? As well, I don't get the whole /v/ boogeyman. It's like the "go back to rebdit" of /a/.
>>
File: 4chan post speeds.png (155 KB, 240x1904) Image search: [Google]
4chan post speeds.png
155 KB, 240x1904
>>569966
>It's the natural method of organization for anyone who wants to talk about a thing that /a/ isn't currently creaming themselves over.
>natural
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH Don't fucking delude yourself, retard.

No, splits are the fucking end of the world. The thread explains quite fucking why. Splits fucking destroy boards, must we really cite /v/? And guess what? No one here is entitled to a hugbox. Do I hate /v/ermin? Yes, but I'm not a little bitch cuddled faggot like you who can't handle others that he needs his own little fucking hugbox. I can TOLERATE THEM and thus the result of that is that everything is 10x better. Why? Because that means the variation, quality and the fun of discussion is better. You are LITERALLY complaining about 4chan itself and that things you want to talk about aren't popular, that's it. Fuck off, even if you follow pic related, you still can't call it a fast board. If you actually used the board, you'd know it isn't. Most of those posts are in fucking cancer generals and the very few incredibly popular airing shows. That's it.

/a/ doesn't need a split to fracture the fun of it to cater a small portion of autists who want to circlejerk 24/7, it needs geberals banned. That's it. Stop treating 4chan like a traditional forum.
>>
>>569967
/v/has a tendency to troll /a/
>>
>>569969
>Don't fucking delude yourself, retard.
/a/ has been sitting in a collective delusion for a while now. Forget other boards, modern /a/ is even a fast board even if you compare it only to old /a/.

>And guess what? No one here is entitled to a hugbox.
You've been falling over yourself for a couple posts now demanding that the mods delete general threads because they're getting in the way of your special board where everything must be all ephemeral all the time or you'll be banned.

It would literally be a topic board. This screaming about /v/ hugbox shit and the death of variation is something you pulled out of god knows fucking where. And drop the "4chan is only 4chan if there's only one board" sophistry, /a/ and /jp/ have existed for a while and as far anyone can tell 4chan is still right fucking there where it used to be.

>Fuck off, even if you follow pic related, you still can't call it a fast board. If you actually used the board, you'd know it isn't.
If you used any board that wasn't /a/, /v/ or /b/, you'd know it is. Measure the time it takes for a thread to cycle off the board; that neatly ignores any general thread that collects a stupid number of posts. It doesn't get any slower.
>>
>>569974
>/a/ and /jp/
meant /m/ and /jp/
>>
>>569923
>>569966
I sometimes don't want to believe people are this stupid, but deep down I know they're hellbent on defending generals in any way possible that they make up the most inane shit to defend it.
>>
>>570138
You're right, the real reason generals exist is a bucnh of shitters from forums arrived and decided that everything had to be general threads because. How could I not see the obvious truth?
>>
>>568727
>Seriously, when was the last time an anime series shook up the American anime market?
Anime doesn't revolve around America, let alone the American mainstream.

>>569846
>Modern shows don't have depth
>Its the same crap every time, ever season
You don't watch modern anime. You are just repeating maymays.
>>
Hiro needs to tear down the wall, merge /a/ and /jp/ and increase pages to compensate.
>>
>>570199
/jp/ is a halfway decent board by 4chan standards so I think it would be very cruel to force them to share a board with /a/.
>>
>>570199
No one wants a catalog full of generals.
>>
File: 1466683753280.png (742 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1466683753280.png
742 KB, 720x540
>>568595
That's not a bad idea. Make posting moeshit a bannable offense and I'm in.
>>
>>570201
No one said anything about generals, purge them.
>>
>>570204
Yeah, can't have people talking about untranslated VNs in new /jp/. We can toss them into the wild and see if a new thread for any given game can survive.
>>
>>570200
/jp/ was split from /a/, it's only natural for them to reunite.
>>
>>570204
I remember the last guy that said that. He has not delivered yet and we still have loads of generals to purge on /a/ including but not limited to Monster musume, jojo, sadpanda, buyfag and hxh.

>>570205
>discussion can only exist if it's in a general
Delusional, get over yourself. If it gets no interest then it's clear no one wants to discuss it. It being confined inside a general doesn't mean discussion will spark either.
>>
>>570209
>If it gets no interest then it's clear no one wants to discuss it. It being confined inside a general doesn't mean discussion will spark either.
Except people LITERALLY discuss it in /jp/ RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>570210
>Except people LITERALLY discuss it in /jp/ RIGHT NOW.
>see if a new thread for any given game can survive.
Except I'm talking about the fact that individual, untranslated VNs might not pique anyone's interest thus no discussion. And that's absolutely fine as they would not get any discussion in said general either.
>>
>>570209
The mods need to grow a pair and decide both among themselves and among us what needs to be done with them.

If a thread, especially a general, gets circlejerky it needs to get deleted. If there are repeated attempts at making threads about something with no discussion or content going on the offenders need to get banned, publicly preferably. There have been way too few public bans in the past couple years.

If a thread has actual on topic discussion going on and there are back to back threads (see: popular airing shows) there shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>570214
I wish they would too. The same generals themselves are complaining of 'bad moderation' when that same moderation allowed them to stay absent of content. One recent example is the monster musume general right now.
>>
>>570213
>Except I'm talking about the fact that individual, untranslated VNs might not pique anyone's interest thus no discussion.
Not a SINGLE fucking one of the VNs discussed in that thread would survive as a lone thread.
>>
>>570219
And this is bad because? Not that I agree with the merge itself in the first place, but if necessary they can move to the general containment board, /vg/.
>>
>>570220
I suppose that actually would be superior to the likes of hanging out with you retards.
>>
>>570221
Wow rude
>>
>>570222
Great post.
>>
>>570223
Just as good as yours
>>
>>570224
That wasn't me, and moreover, the comment in >>570209 remains utterly and completely full of shit, which probably goes to show that /a/ is full of delusional tards.
>>
>>570225
Who said that was an /a/ poster?
>>
>>570226
He was probably from /a/ or /jp/ given that people were discussing an /a/-/jp/ merge, and given the level of ignorance displayed about about /jp/, he wasn't from /jp/.
>>
>>570227
Correct. Nonetheless, a board merge is almost always a terrible idea.
>>
>>570230
That much I imagine most people can agree on.
>>
>>570230
A board split is always a much worse idea as well.
>>
>>570232
The /jp/ split was not unreasonable.

/jp/ did go to shit at some point, it's true, but only because the mods hung it out to dry for four years.
>>
>>570234
It was unreasonable. It was a split that wasn't asked for and not really needed. Even then, it wasn't even a 'split', as it was removing content that technically didn't belong on /a/. Splits that remove actual content, such as /ar/, are harmful to the boards and are bad always.
>>
>>570250
Nothing is ever "really needed" except server uptime. The creation of the board allowed for more varied discussion of topics than they would have had as random crap shoehorned into /a/.

I don't know what you're basing this "always bad" claim on except /v/, since it's the only discussion board to be split in recent memory.
>>
>>569967
>Why does /a/ hate shounen so much?
Most of it is overated crap and attracts retards, we don't hate all shounen though.
>I don't get the whole /v/ boogeyman. It's like the "go back to rebdit" of /a/.
It is not a boogeyman, we have a good bit of traffic coming from /v/, we would not hate /v/ if they tried to fit in and posted without being a retard but they bring all their shitty memes and you can see their posting style a mile off.
>>
>>570198
Foreign countries are probably the most relevant you dumb shit.

If Japan was solely used as the indicator, Sony is still king.
>>
>>570259
And /v/ fucking died for it.
There is not argument that you can put forward that will convince me /v/ needs it own Anime board.
>>
>>570284
Anime is a niche hobby in Japan, never mind the world.
The industry is mostly supported by sweaty otaku while most Japs think adult men who like Anime are pedophiles.

>Sony is still king.
Sony is King.
>>
>>568727
>Seriously, when was the last time an anime series shook up the American anime market?

Attack on Titan. One Punch Man. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
>>
>>570284
Anime is made for the domestic market. As are J-pop, J-dramas and Japanese movies. Foreign sales are an afterthought.

>>570286
>most Japs think adult men who like Anime are pedophiles
This is not true and doesn't even make any sense. Mainstream anime and manga are full of adolescent characters too (and have nothing to do with pedophilia in any case).
>>
>>570289
>This is not true and doesn't even make any sense. Mainstream anime and manga are full of adolescent characters too (and have nothing to do with pedophilia in any case).
It is true and Anime is not Mainstream, Manga is mainstream and considered a perfectly acceptable and common hobby.
Anime is for children and Pedophiles who wish to pick up Children.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119 KB, 1280x720
>>570289
>have nothing to do with pedophilia in any case
>>
For the record I am not saying Anime is Pedophiles but stating that is how your average Japanese person views it, a medium for children or pedos.
I am a huge Anime fan myself and do not think it is for pedos.
I am mainly arguing because there are still people who think Anime is mainstream in the west when it is not even mainstream in Japan.
>>
>>570290
The #1 domestic movie last year was anime. The current #2 is anime. The #1 movie of all time in Japan is anime. Even late night anime has gotten popular enough that the #8 domestic movie last year was Love Live. Girls und Panzer is so popular it's been running in cinemas since November. When Evangelion came out it wasn't just an otaku hit, it was a mainstream hit. And so on. Most late night anime is more or less niche, but that doesn't mean it's some secret society.

Anime doesn't have anything to do with pedophilia, and the only known case of an otaku committing sex crimes against children occured three decades ago. If there have been any other cases I have never heard of them, nobody has ever cited them, and no academic writings on the topic that I've read have mentioned them.

>>570291
It doesn't. Do you even know what pedophilia is? And why are you posting Anne Happy like it supported your point? Even if those characters were real people (which they're not,), they're in high school. And there in fact are many Japanese live action movies and dramas that also take place in high school. Then there's mega popular idol groups like AKB48 that are comprised of teenagers who dress in school uniforms.
>>
>>570297
Meant to say: the current #2, including both domestic and foreign movies, is anime.
>>
>>570297
and those industries are mainly supported by pedophiles.

the idol industry is one big pedophilia ring. it's sad when a tv show about high school girls is made for old men.
>>
>>570297
see
>>570295
A couple of shows and movies does not mean the whole medium is mainstream, normalfags will adore ghibil movies yet shit on anything else Anime related.
Most people in the west think they and Dragon ball z are cartoons.
>>
>>570299
You are the pedophile here, and you are projecting your pedophilia onto other people.

>>570300
Did I or did I not just say the following, in the very post that you just quoted:
>Most late night anime is more or less niche, but that doesn't mean it's some secret society.
And I wasn't talking about just Ghibli. The current #2 is Detective Conan, the #1 domestic movie last year was Boy and the Beast by Mamoru Hosoda, and Evangelion, Love Live and Girls und Panzer are all late night anime.
>>
>>570304
>projecting
one only needs to look at the trends of anime. i'm not even going to get into child idols because i don't want to google those disgusting images. japan is a perverse, backwards country.
>>
>>570306
Pedophilia means a sexual attraction prepubescent children, not teenagers, and anime characters don't even look like real people. And just because a movie or show has children in doesn't mean it has fucking anything to do with pedophilia. You're the one who is projecting pedophilia everywhere. You're trying to convince yourself that you're perfectly normal and it's just everyone else who's a pedo.
>>
File: 9313465.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
9313465.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>>570309
>he thinks splitting hairs over pedophilia and ephebophilia will sway public opinion
you're just a pedophile resorting to semantic arguments
>>
>>570310
It is not splitting hairs. A 6 and a 16 year old are nothing alike.

>you're just a pedophile
No, YOU ARE.
>>
File: PAYED.jpg (41 KB, 392x341) Image search: [Google]
PAYED.jpg
41 KB, 392x341
>>568727
>>568761
It's impossible to shake up the industry in the same way DBZ and Pokemon did anymore. They aired on TV alongside regular shows, so any kid watching TV saw them. Not many kids watch TV today, though, and even fewer anime are even aired. If you watch anime in this day and age, you have to willingly go watch anime on a site like Crunchyroll, or torrent it.

However, I would argue that current shows that make huge ripples in anime are more indicative of anime's popularity in the west than DBZ or Pokemon ever were. Because DBZ and Pokemon were just aired as regular shows, it wasn't all just anime fans talking about it. Today, however, you get shit like One Punch Man, SnK, and JoJo like >>570288 said making a huge splash on the Internet when it's backed by just anime fans. It really makes you realize how huge anime's demographic really is.
>>
>>570259
There doesn't need to be a 'basis' for why splitting up a fucking community and limiting fun and actual discussion is someone bad. Are you retarded? Anyone capable of fucking rational thought should be able to understand this. 4chan isn't a fucking traditional forum, when you split a board, you are doing more than just fucking removing a topic from a board and giving it a different home. You are fracturing a fucking community. Yes, a fucking community. Boards are fucking community. No, 'just use more than one board' isn't a fucking excuse. Most people aren't going to do that. And even when people do, you have destroyed a board, its community and you have killed various forms of fun and discussion all for the sake of a fucking dead abortion of a board that will lack any form of variation and fun. 4chan is best when everyone is forced to fucking interact with each other with similar hobbies, not split apart. That is one of the major things that have made the site great. The fact I can go to /a/ and talk to people of all kinds, even retarded /v/ermin, makes the board good. What does a board split do? It splits people. Some people are going to use certain boards exclusively and as such when NEVER EVER interact and everyone will lose out on all the fun and discussion it could generate. Unless the topic is going to make a medium-fast board, a board split nothing but a retarded idea that kills everything.

You are not entitled to a hugbox. If your topic isn't popular, then you simply die out. Otherwise, you have to generate interest. It is the way 4chan has always fucking worked. It isn't a fucking forum. Stop trying to fucking kill the site and segerate everything all because you don't like x person and because you want to be a little bitch faggot who wants to 24/7 talk about the same thing. Yes, it really is not needed. There is no need to throw a fucking wrench into the way the site has always ran and the very fucking things people have came here to enjoy.
>>
>>570318
This so much. People asking for a million boards basically want to turn this place into Reddit.

I don't hate Reddit and share any malice for it's userbase but seriously a lot of people who ask for this kind of crap and love generals should really move there, it is the type of website that suits them yet they won't go because of some stigma.
>>
>>570318
I don't like all the general threads on /a/, so I'm fine with splitting the board.
>>
>>570358
Bugger off
>>
File: 1456384092077.jpg (47 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1456384092077.jpg
47 KB, 720x480
Keep /a/ /a/. I don't 100% buy into the '/v/ cancer' thing but there is a very annoying trend of faggots who see Ghost in the Shell and suddenly think they're authorities on anime and enlightened crusaders against moe, when we all know that shonen is the true cancer.

A discussion of older shit is perfectly possible on /a/ provided that you actually understand how /a/ works. You can't just post 'I just saw Akira why is old anime teh best they had 19 tones of shading in each cell of animation and no moe-trash weebshit.' and expect any good to come of it though.

Also 90% of old stuff can be talked about fine on /m/ since the classification is broad that pretty much anything science-fiction is welcome. For everything old that isn't /m/ just look for a Shoujo thread or whatever and there you go.
>>
>>570358
There is a even simpler solution to that. Ban the stupid fuckers. A split also would only further encourage their existence, causing both boards to quickly be swarmed by the fuckers more. No one but a small few of autists win from a board split.
>>
>>570361
If it's so simple, then why hasn't it happened yet?
>>
>>570362
If you paid attention you'd know. The mod who was going to do it got removed when moot was having a mod fit a few years back and the current mods ARE generalfags. Why would they ban their own little hugboxes? If they ban one, they have to remove all the others. It hasn't been done not because it can't be, but because the mods don't care about the board or the users.
>>
>>570363
Then why claim that there's a simple solution to it if it will never be implemented if all the mods are so-called general fags? It's absolutely impossible in that case.
>>
>>570365
No one is going to fall for this shitty bait argument or follow through with it. Most people see it daily. Don't try moving away from the point.
>>
>>570366
What do people see daily?
>>
>>570369
Your mother, kill yourself.
>>
>>570371
Okay, and what about the issue of generals?
>>
/ag/
>>
>>570363
Heres how you solve the general problem on /a/.
You give those generals a /got/ styled banned that the Game of Thrones generals got on /tv/.

Delete them until their general's content produces new content.

Take Monster Musume for example, I love the Manga and I loved the Anime. Have you ever looked at those generals?
It Roleplaying, circle jerking and waifuism. There is zero discussion until a new chapter comes out.
So delete those threads until a new chapter comes out, give them a five day peroid to discuss it and go back to deleting it.
If the Anime gets a season 2, allow the generals to continue for the season it is airing and then go back to the above rule.

Apply this to all generals except maybe the creative ones like drawfag or the Japanese ones, although they have the same problems as above at least there is some creativity happening.

Also delete everything thread that has the word "thread" in the subject. They are generals in disguise.
>>
>>570433
Finally a good idea, Hiro.
>>
>>570318
>No, 'just use more than one board' isn't a fucking excuse. Most people aren't going to do that.
You throw a massive fucking shitfit when people move into threads and make them into their own communities, but they have equal standing to tell you to fuck off when you tell them to use more than one thread. Yeah, "obviously" people should use more than one thread. Just as "obviously" as they should use more than one board.

But then, /a/ isn't actually a topic discussion board, so it doesn't actually matter what's good for topic discussion, right? It's a place where all your friends are, and everyone else should eat shit and die.

>4chan is best when everyone is forced to fucking interact with each other with similar hobbies, not split apart.
/a/ is literally the only board that makes it a point of pride that they never leave /a/. If people forced you to interact with the other communities on 4chan you'd probably throw a riot that would make nipplegate look like a candlelight vigil. You don't want to interact with the rest of 4chan because you consider the rest of the site cancer of some sort or another.

>You are not entitled to a hugbox. If your topic isn't popular, then you simply die out. Otherwise, you have to generate interest. It is the way 4chan has always fucking worked.
It hasn't worked this way since the day moot made /m/.

The only shiteaters on the entirety of 4chan who think any topic board slower than /a/ means "hugbox" live in /a/. You are raping the English language to death.
>>
File: lel.jpg (25 KB, 292x245) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
25 KB, 292x245
http://daily.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/newsplus/1466316283/

just look at these butthurt japs. these disgusting, sweaty, slovenly apes are what you weeaboos look up to when you watch anime.
you can see even more of their rage by googling "inurl:2ch.net kissmanga". reminder to never support the anime industry, as 95% of all otaku are xenophobic fucks. these people deserve to have their anime ruined until all of it looks like it was made by studio pixy.
>>
Why split the fanbase when it's already dead?
>>
>>570318
>It isn't a fucking forum.
Holy shit, there's people who still pull this "b-but 4chan isn't a forum!" bullshit?
>>
>>570527
>oh wow there is still people who use a legitimate argument
>>
>>570632
Who are you quoting?

4chan is an anonymos forum, by the way.
>>
>>570513
You seem upset.
>>
Board-splitting can be fine. After all, /jp/ and /m/ worked. Kinda.
>>
>>569969
Do you have a source for that pic, anon? That's really neat.
>>
>>570508
I don't even get why you make these points, are you just trying to argue?
>when you tell them to use more than one thread
No one is telling generalfags to browse other threads, people are against generals because they are kept alive despite no worthwhile discussion going on. Circlejerking is just a consequence of the above and isn't the primary reason why generals face disapproval so your entire point is moot.

>You don't want to interact with the rest of 4chan because you consider the rest of the site cancer of some sort or another.
Alright, but do you have an argument for it? As for your last point, I don't know how to make sense of it.
>>
>>569969
But generals aren't being banned at all.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.