[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You do realize nothing exists right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: summer-lesson-06-14-15-1.png (657 KB, 850x467) Image search: [Google]
summer-lesson-06-14-15-1.png
657 KB, 850x467
You do realize nothing exists right?
>>
>>567504
Of course I do.
>>
>>567504
Not only does nothing exist, but everything exists alongside nothing.
>>
File: 1439517555061.jpg (85 KB, 417x597) Image search: [Google]
1439517555061.jpg
85 KB, 417x597
>life has no meaning
>everything is futile
>we don't have free will
>god doesn't exist
>there is no objective morality
>romantic love is an illusion
>your whole life consists of passively suffering from events over which you have no control, and then some day you die
>>
>>567508
this guy gets it
>>
>>567508
my head hurts
>>
>Babby's first existential thought.

Get on my level. I operate on the assumption that we inhabit in a dimension that is constantly pulling our consciousness into a relativistic stupor and only through truly conscious acts (made unconsciously) we can transcend and truly see things as they 'are'.
>>
>>567527
The pain is more than real
>>
can this thread be the sticky of /qa/
>>
>>567504
If nothing exists then who was post?
>>
>>567504
She kinda looks like Hiro.
>>
File: camus.jpg (5 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
5 KB, 290x174
>>567504
Good.
>>
>>567504
Nothing is something.
>>
Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5DccgBYeM
>>
>>567631
https://youtu.be/qTeOfZgtGTU
>>
>>567509
>we don't have free will
What did he mean by this?
Everything else I can kinda agree on but this one point
>>
>>567504
but then who was phone?
>>
>>567504
If nothing exists, then there is no one to realize this fact. But it seems that there is someone.
>>
>>567631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4v7QnBEJVw

>>567964
Your thoughts can be quantitatively predicted before you are conscious of them. Neuroscientists have been doing experiments on this for years. The concept of "free will" is largely a red herring that has long been made irrelevant by our understanding of the 'deterministic' routes of how genes active and interact/adapt to environment.
Unfortunately this old hackneyed concept of "Free Will" mostly remains are a rather cynical undertone in bullshit idealism such as "The American Dream" and other such things which have been invented by industry and expanded on by the corporate realm as an effective means to keep the great unwashed distracted and happily running on the mouse wheel of society, keeping the lifestyles going for those rather few numbers of people/families who more or less control the modern world.

Free will as the concept stands cannot be taken seriously in a world wherein cheap and readily available drugs such as alcohol can be used to entirely undermine the volition of an individual.

>>568042
If a tree falls in a forest, are you still a nigger?
>>
>>568046
>Your thoughts can be quantitatively predicted before you are conscious of them

You're a cunt, could've you predicted that?
But seriously tho, that kinda sounds like bs, life has so much random viables in it you can't say we dont have a free will,
>>
>>568048
>But seriously tho, that kinda sounds like bs
Look it up.
The experiments exists.
The data exists.
The research exists.
>life has so much random viables in it you can't say we dont have a free will,
This is an argument from ignorance. You are no different than the religious person claiming that life cannot possibly have evolved via natural selection. Sadly the common folk seem to lag a few hundred years behind contemporary scientific research, as per the norm.
>>
File: 1440156693497.jpg (42 KB, 604x420) Image search: [Google]
1440156693497.jpg
42 KB, 604x420
>>567964
If you claim to have free will, I'll ask you to explain how you make a decision.

If you can answer this question by telling me a decision making procedure/algorithm then your decision was deterministic and hence not free.

If you cannot explain how you made a decision, then you obviously had no control over it.

Does this disprove free will? I'm sure it does.
>>
>>568048
>life has so much random viables in it you can't say we dont have a free will,
You don't have control over randomness either.
>>
>>568640
>If you cannot explain how you made a decision, then you obviously had no control over it.
That's like saying if you don't know how a car works you're not really driving it.
>>
>>568640
A decision is made by the process of having an impulse or an emotion that is rationalized in the logic center of your brain. "Control" is a misnomer word when it's as simple as an electron following the path of least resistance through your neural pathways.

You either like something or you don't. Everything else is just tolerance and tact.
>>
>>568652
That's why you need a driver license before operating a car. So you know how a car works.
>>
>>568640
I have a whole vocab of words to call you

Im using free will to call you a cunt
>>
>>568046
that whole paragraph is literally nothing
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
File: lmao.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>567504
>chinese game
>not a chinese girl
>white european girl instead
>drawing white girls were not enough
Literally, can't make this shit up.
>>
>>567504
You are only but a thought
>>
You don't exist. I don't exist. She doesn't exist.
Well, I guess I'm pretty normal. If nothing exists, then how can I be abnormal?
>>
File: 1466566039854[1].jpg (36 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
1466566039854[1].jpg
36 KB, 500x298
>>567509
>>
File: 1455659082336.jpg (288 KB, 1022x1280) Image search: [Google]
1455659082336.jpg
288 KB, 1022x1280
>>567504
>>
>>568963
theres a japanese girl in the game
you teach jap to the white girl
>>
I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.
>>
File: 1447040387612.png (47 KB, 142x178) Image search: [Google]
1447040387612.png
47 KB, 142x178
Reality is a meme
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.