[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Allow GamerGate/Censorship Talk On /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 1442371638530-1.gif (1 MB, 432x512) Image search: [Google]
1442371638530-1.gif
1 MB, 432x512
Hiro, while you may not be familiar with this, I wanted to get your take about this particular subject and the importnat point of it: Should the mods be allowed to censor anything they don't like, such as GamerGate on /v/?

What do you think personally? Should anything related to video game culture be allowed as well without having to worry about mods deleting our threads? We need your honest opinion on the matter so we can finally get this subject cleared up after almost two years
>>
>>555141
>>>/8ch/
>>
>>555142
aka "I don't like something so I'll just tell them to go here instead".

Go back to the IRC mod shill
>>
>gaymen
you need to be 18+ to post on this site
>>
>>555143
No /gg/ is just pure cancer and ignoring it is the only way to stop it
>>
>>555141
It's got nothing to do with videogames.
You're lucky your epic twitter screencap threads are even allowed.
>>
>>555147

>game journalists have nothing to do with video games

You're not wrong, but it's rare to see people admit it so blatantly. That said, I think to be consistent /v/ should ban all game "journalism" not just people calling them shit.
>>
The "war" is over.
Take it to 8gag.
>>
>>555146
>ignoring it is the only way to stop it

why were they banned from 4chan, then?
That isnt ignoring, that's taking action and removing it.
>>
VIDEA GAMES

The problem is how shrill you cunts are. You're hypervigilant for anything that could remotely be considered censorship, and when you find an example you turn full Eliot Rodger. "See! This is those fucking cunt women's fault! Always cunting and plotting against me!"

You're drama queens, malcontents, and just generally unpleasant people. We're all glad you were chucked out. One need only do a google image search for "gamergate" to see all the delusional comics and reddit bullshit you spawned. Suck a dick.
>>
>tfw you were in the thread where Vivian James was created

I could've stopped this. If only I posted something
>>
>>555155

>muh eliot rodger
>muh women

Go back to tumblr. GG's a hollowed-out shell of its former self and there's still no one there even talking about women as a group.

I see more women hate the average day on /pol/ than in a year browsing KiA.
>>
>>555147
Except it does because it's video game CULTURE. it's specifically stated in the rules of /v/ that it is allowed
>>
No one cares about your autistic twitter crusade.
>>
>>555152
You get banned because no one wants the narrative to continue, the reason why video games are shit now is because you gave these tumblr feminist fucks a voice with the backlash

and now we have SJW infested in games, please dont allow another wave of this shit to hit games
>>
>>555157
We want to talk about censorship and corruption of gaming media. No one really uses GamerGate anymore, but it's ideas are still around. Faggots like >>555155
>>555151
>>555146
Are simply either defenders of the mods, people from Tumblr and Reddit, or mostly from NeoGaf. They're simply not welcomed on here and should just leave
>>
>>555162
We still want to talk about it. You don't seem to get that moot caused this mess. He was the one who overreacted.
>>
If Hiro says it's allowed than its allowed. If not its not. I want his opinion.
>>
>Gamergate was essentially /pol/'s first public operation, before KiA, Milo and the other freaks co-opted it
>/v/ was caught in the crossfire

I actually feel kind of bad for /v/ here.
>>
>>555171
KiA is kill now. Its basically become a shithole that no one even likes, not even GG supporters.

Milo triggers liberals and SJW's and he's actually very smart to.

/v/ was the one who started it, /pol/ were the ones who did a lot of the secret operations. /pol/ were also the ones who found out moot's girlfriend was cheating on him
>>
>>555157
>>555157
You know 4chan was around before tumblr, right? And that we might overlap with parts of tumblr, and that's ok?
We're not the media's "secret underground hacker misogynist white supremacist website". If you buy into that stereotype then 8gag is more suited to you.

And of course GG is a shell of its former self. It was completely morally and ethically bankrupt from the beginning. You guys are crawling back here because you were such failures.

>browsing KIA
Of course you don't see much of that on KIA. You guys have to tread carefully because your movement started with harassing Zoe Quinn. Your sub will be deleted in an instant if you don't behave, lol. These things you mention are not virtues, they're evidence of what bad people you are.
>>
sure is 8gag tonight
>>
>All posts should pertain to video games, their consoles, AND VIDEO GAME CULTURE. Threads should remain on topic and stay in theme with the board. Don't post off-topic garbage.
And before any of you bring up flame wars, why do the mods allow console war threads constantly and never delete them?

>>555182
le 8gag boogyman

>>555181
>It was completely morally and ethically bankrupt from the beginning
You're fucking stupid right? Please tell me you're just pulling shit out of your ass that moot, Kotaku and all the other gaming outlet sites told you right? GamerGate was created to fight against ethics in gaming journalism. People got sick of censorship of Japanese video games, giving into feminists, and basically shoving their political beliefs into their reviews.

The ones who "hacked" all those people were rouges. You can't just go ahead and said /v/ did it.
>>
File: wo6oQhv.jpg (605 KB, 2160x2250) Image search: [Google]
wo6oQhv.jpg
605 KB, 2160x2250
>>555177
Fuck me, I remember when this happened.
>>
>>555141
You did get banned for newfaggotry, not for discussing censorship.

You flooded every frequented board with this bullshit, because you shitfaced /v/irgins and your reddit fellowship were too stupid to use the catalog.

Not because anyone did care about offtopic threads, but because the community you brought was as dumb as the topic itself.
>>
>>555181

>all that mad

Never saw it on gghq either, or any of the other places you kept pointing. The "harassing Zoe Quinn" thing was always a hoax - one Kotaku made up to cover for its own severe CoIs - and you fell for it.
>>
>>555196
A hoax like the holohoax?

It's funny you guys have to continuously "correct the record" because you have such a bad rep.

If you want to come back to 4chan, why not stop being a gamergater? You only ever have the other side more ammunition. If you're going to come here and scream "FUCKING TUMBLR NEOGAF REDDIT KEK NUMALE" people are just going to laugh at you and tell you to go back to 8fag.

Do you want me to post the embarassing gamergate images? Because I can.
>>
To me it seems like GG was a massive failure, it only gave more fuel to the fire of its enemies. You should just fucking move on from that embarassing insurgency bullshit. At least Chanology was somewhat effective in defaming Scientology.
>>
>>555202

>evidence for the holocaust: 6 million people dead, death camps, survivor testimony, perpetrator testimony, Nuremberg trials, etc.

>evidence that gamergate coordinated a harassment campaign against Zoe Quinn:

Both Kotaku and Polygon said so! And so did their parent companies! Surely they wouldn't lie about something they were directly involved in!

Please ignore the lack of even screencaps proving such a thing, let alone arrests or convictions. It's so blatantly false you literally just had to click a link to any site they assembled to realize it was bullshit.

If Gamergate was what you said it is, I'd be in prison with all our figureheads, not shitposting on 4chan.
>>
"video games were a mistake" - hideaki anno
>>
>>555213
"mistake were a video games" - onna okaedih
>>
Gamergate was the best falseflag operations by the league of social justice warriors.
>>
>>555211
That's the problem with anti-GG, they are so fucking delusional that they keep blaming GG for why 4chan went to shit, when in reality The Fappening is what caused things to go down hilll. That and moot's faggotry
>>
>>555213
this but unironically
>>
>>555141
GamerGate attracts redditors and tumblr faggots onto /v/. Why do you want people that isn't from the site to come here? Why the hell couldn't /v/, /pol/, and /b/ work together and beat the shit out of the journalists? Why couldn't the other boards join in? Why did fuckers from different sites who aren't part of the culture came here?
Fuck no, GG gives bad memories.
>>
>>555213
At least be a little creative and attribute it to miyamoto shigeru or something
>>
>>555141
cucks aren't video games
>>
>>555238
But those cucks make video games.
>>
>>555227

read this >>555195
he's right, you know?
You got banned for flooding every frequented board with this shit, just like the pre-/mlp/ MLP spam.
>>
>>555243
Then it was the redditors that caused the spamming of different boards you dunce.
>>
>>555244
yes and this is the reason why mods should kill these threads on sight, because they attract the most cancerous posters there are.
>>
>>555245
Making fun of SJW is a passtime, but fuck the redditors that come here who don't know the culture.
>>
>>555245
So then why are Redditors rampant on /tv/ and /v/ still? Banning GG did nothing at all, it just made things worse. But I guess you love your console war threads and your cute little shitposts
>>
Everything would have been fine had moot not gone ahead and acted like a little bitch. Don't you find it funny that as soon as Gamergate and /pol/ harbor happened moot quit 4chan?
>>
>>555163
>censorship and corruption of gaming media
from what? Ironically I've actually seen a turnaround in content from game websites. They used to kind of dabble in progressive politics of gaming, now they just report on games.

Honestly if you want to talk about video game media, its better to just abandon the gamergate label. Try also digging up stuff about bought reviews from EA, Activision and the like, astroturfing from big publishers and how hype is used to sell games that end up being very underwhelming. Also a good idea to talk about microtransaction creep and the rise of Incomplete games used as platforms to sell DLC to make up the deficiency.

The Zoe Quinn & pals ragefest ended over a year ago. Time to move on with the discussion.
>>
>>555255
We did abandon the GamerGate label. The mods are still banning anything that relates to talk about censorship or corrupted gaming journalism because "Its associated with GamerGate". Nobody uses GG anymore, but its ideas are still alive and well.

>Honestly if you want to talk about video game media, its better to just abandon the gamergate label. Try also digging up stuff about bought reviews from EA, Activision and the like, astroturfing from big publishers and how hype is used to sell games that end up being very underwhelming. Also a good idea to talk about microtransaction creep and the rise of Incomplete games used as platforms to sell DLC to make up the deficiency.
We do talk about that, we also want to talk about censorship, which is video game culture, which is allowed on /v/ as per the rules. Go read them
>>
>>555260
Bro, you wanna know why? Because you got redditors and tumblrinas under the skirts trying to invade the board.
>>
>Gamergate

reddit pls.
>>
>>555262
Take your hashtag justice and go back to twitter, kid.
>>
>>555262
And they didn't fucking leave. Had moot left GamerGate alone we wouldn't be in this mess. Instead because he and his SJW mod buddies decided to ban it, they all stayed around while a lot of people from /pol/ and /v/ bailed to 8ch.

The IRC logs proved that the mods were strongly anti-GG because of their personal beliefs and feelings. moot also was against it because, again, he's a liberal. His overreaction to GamerGate ruined 4chan and /v/ beyond repair. Had he just stayed out of it nothing would have happened.
>>
>>555265
What the hell are you on? I don't want redditors on 4chan and yet you're calling me some "activist" twitter faggot?
You know the reason it's getting deleted, it's because it breeds redditors out of the wall like rats.
>>
>>555253
think about it from moot's perspective.

he created the site as a naïve teenager looking for some anime and manga discussion online. as he got older, he saw the wierdos takeover the community and turn it into a cancerous growth. he got tired of defending the nazis and pedos who raped his website and turned it into their epic memeposting club.

when those idiots started attacking him, he turned /pol/ into a mockery of itself, full of spam, cucks and freaks, and decided to just leave as there's no point in staying when bored high schoolers and shut-ins hate you for no real reason and have turned your site into a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>555266
What is it besides confirmation bias that makes you think the IRC logs were real?
>>
>>555177
>Milo triggers liberals and SJW's and he's actually very smart to.
He's smart in that he recognized a group of rubes to exploit to get himself fame.
/pol/ was once a board paranoid about shills but they now eagerly embrace them.
>>
>>555268
Twitter is worse than reddit and tumblr combined. Yet it's GG's main battleground.
>>
>>555266
>Had moot left GamerGate alone we wouldn't be in this mess
Real talk, if moot left it alone, we would have more fucking redditors trying to LARP, trying to act like we need to have this "good guy" circlejerk and it'll devolve to something you see on redditchan.
We need to attack and yet no one throws a punch.
>>
>>555266
>Gamergate ruined 4chan

pretty sure it just ruined some assblasted /v/irgins and /pol/locks.
Nothing of value was lost
>>
>>555272
But I don't go on Twitter.
So this isn't applicable to whatever you got.
>>
>>555277
An average GG thread consists of some idiot posting hashtags for other Anons to brigade.
>>
>>555269
No see that's what you think of logical, but this is the real reason: moot was sick and tired of owning 4chan. Ever since 2008 and onward he lost interest in this site and wanted to sell it. When The Fappening happened his rage against his own site grew because he got dragged into court over it. It was during this time he was dating a woman who was interning at Gawker.

When GamerGate happened it was found out moot was close with Zoe Quinn and Anita. Both of them, including his girlfriend, convinced him to take down GamerGate and ban it from 4chan. Also there was this threat of a so called nasty "piece" from Cracked.com that moot for some reason was afraid of.

When the IRC logs were leaked, it was shown many mods were fired because they called out moot for acting irrational and idiotic and refusing to listen to people. /pol/ harbor happened because /pol/ was furious at moot for stabbing his own site in the back for his girlfriend. They found out his girlfriend was cheating on him and was only using him to progress her career. moot threw a bitch fit and went after /pol/ in a fit of rage. /pol/ then found out more info in that he was on Ashley Madison, and that he was into cuckolding.

moot then got sick and tired of 4chan and stopped being an admin, hoping to find a buyer. When he couldn't find anyone he gave the site to Hiro, as now moot could finally be free.
>>
>>555279
Proofs?
>>
>>555270
Do you really fucking think anyone could fake all that? All the names in those logs are real. They are confirmed real by moot himself, he said so in his farewell stream. Stop believing what the mods tell you. Those logs are legit, you cannot fake over 2+ years of IRC logs and somehow hit home with every single mod and janitor name.
>>
ITT people who don't know moot is a literal faggot and certainly has never had a "girlfriend".
>>
>>555273
Really now? Take a look at /v/ and tell me banning GamerGate made things so much better?
>>
>>555280
>moot was close with Zoe Quinn and Anita
>>
File: 1461109200128.gif (692 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1461109200128.gif
692 KB, 640x480
>>555282
>Do you really fucking think anyone could fake all that?
Where the fuck do you think you are right now?
>>
>>555287
Its true because he admitted he met the both of them and was pretty friendly with them. He was in touch with them around the time GamerGate was happening to.

Zoe Quinn was a former goon you know? Obviously she browsed /v/ a lot so of course she knew who moot was. moot met Anita at some convention and they really hit it off
>>
>>555286
It didn't. GamerGate should of, let me repeat, should of stayed at home, not letting reddit, not letting tumblr, not letting any goddamn site join in.
/v/ is in a sad state after GamerGate, and /v/ was in a sad state before it. I can't wait for E3 this year.
>>
>>555266
>Had moot left GamerGate alone we wouldn't be in this mess.
No, our mess would be fucking worse. Look at fucking chanology and the cancer it brought to the site when it entered the real world. GG was just a modern chanology and a repeat of history in so many fucking ways. You tards were already doing rl meetups last I checked. If left uncheck, you guys would of quickly went up and above the cancer of fucking chanology. No, you guys DID cause massive dints in 4chan. Don't delude yourself.

moot snuffing it out of 4chan actually killed the retarded movement and helped remove a lot of retard cancer that was coming here and is sadly still coming here. You really think the thing would of fucking died if it stayed here? Fuck no. It'd still be going ever stronger than ever. Remove your faggot lens looking at your cancer activist movement as some holy god and take a more objective look at it. There was nothing positive in it for 4chan. Not just did /v/irgins want you gone from here, every other board wanted you gone. niGGers were literally /v/ermin and most of the people in support of it were stupid redditards, like yourself.
>>
>>555288
I don't even know what to say. Stop being a mod shill and go back to the IRC and stay there. Keep believing whatever ALTERNATIVE, Invisbro and RapeApe tell you. Because if those logs weren't real, why do the mods delete and ban anyone on sight for even posting links to, or passages from the IRC logs? Surely they have nothing to hide if its all fake right? Its all banter guys!
>>
>>555286
Yea and you think somehow the board would be in a better state if it stayed? Don't be delusional, it would of gotten 10x worse. Go look at >>>/b/
>>
>>555290
Had GamerGate stayed things would be much better off because those Tumblr and Reddit faggots would have been drowned out and ran off. Instead they think because the mods are on their side, they can have it their way. Face it, /v/ got worse thanks to the banning of GamerGate.

>>555293
No retard, The Fappening was modern chanology. It was that incident that caused the downfall of this site. That moment made moot go insane. And I love how you say it removed a lot of the "cancer". That cancer went to 8ch and actually made a /v/ that is better run and better moderated than our /v/. Their discussions are much better than ours now. All those people were former people from our site who got disgusted at moot's faggotry. /v/ did not want GamerGate gone, moot, Reddit, the mods, and Tumblr did. That is the truth of the matter, and if you can't face it fuck off back to NeoGaf where you belong and stay there.
>>
>>555279
It was more the threads were mostly just
>haha BTFO tier shitposts
>haha look at this it
>quick quick spam this hashtag
>quick quick think of ways we can spread out influence so people stop thinking we are evil
>>
>>555298
>go look at /b/
How new are you? No seriously how new are you to this site? Everyone fucking knows /b/ is just Facebook but with porn now. It was like that 5 years ago and its like that today
>>
>>555294
I created some of them myself you dingus. That's why I'm in shock that people are gullible enough to have actually believe them. I wasn't the only one, lots of us /pol/lacks who were tired of 200 consecutive shekelshoah threads spamming our board fed them all kinds of misinformation to see where it ended up. We were pretty sure there were Breitbart reporters lurking and fishing for their next big click bait piece in the threads. It isn't like the 8gag justice crusaders weren't doing the same, also blaming their hashtag raids and article comment wars on 4chan.
>>
>>555311
>I created some of them myself you dingus.
I can anything on the internet to. Hell I invented a great tasting wine that's really tasty.

Stop trying to put bullshit into your mouth. The IRC logs were real, period
>>
File: who does this remind you of.jpg (104 KB, 1059x546) Image search: [Google]
who does this remind you of.jpg
104 KB, 1059x546
>>555141
>censor anything they don't like

It's called moderating you moron. When you have a giant group of alt-right trolls trying to disguise their hatemob as a campaign for "ethics", don't act surprised when moderators don't want to put up with their shit.
>>
>>555317
But its totally fine to leave up dozens of shitposting and console war threads. But if you dare talk about censorship it'll be deleted. Double standard retard

Christ where the fuck is Hiro at? He needs to get in here and just say if he or won't he allow it
>>
>>555288
>someone wrote a fake log over 20 times the length of Atlas Shrugged out of pure autism
vs
>there was an actual log of years worth of IRC traffic and someone leaked it
>>
File: 1413761582078.png (2 MB, 1700x2000) Image search: [Google]
1413761582078.png
2 MB, 1700x2000
>>555316
Like I said, the only explanation for your gullibility is confirmation bias.
>>
>>555319
He's too delusional to believe it. That's what happens when you believe whatever the mods on IRC tell you
>>
>>555289
>Its true
>>
>>555320
>Let me go ahead and string together a bunch of random bullshit so it looks like it all connects to each other. That'll show those nasty GamerGaters!
>>
File: 1421556052287.png (132 KB, 1392x515) Image search: [Google]
1421556052287.png
132 KB, 1392x515
>>555319
>He thinks it was one person
It's astounding to me that you think there is even a remote possibility they were real. They read like a screenplay, not natural IRC speech.
>>
File: >8gag.jpg (265 KB, 960x635) Image search: [Google]
>8gag.jpg
265 KB, 960x635
>>555304
>Had GamerGate stayed things would be much better off because those Tumblr and Reddit faggots would have been drowned out and ran off
No, had GG stayed, tumblr and reddit would of stayed EVEN MORE BECAUSE THEY WOULD FEEL WELCOMED HERE.

>The Fappening was modern chanology.
What the fuck are you on about? The fappening wasn't activism, it was some faggot just dumping images. GG was the modern chanology in every form. Including the users being retards thinking 4chan is their stupid serious activist platform to make the world a better place.

> That cancer went to 8ch and actually made a /v/ that is better run and better moderated than our /v/. Their discussions are much better than ours now.
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA
AhAHAHA
Fucking retard, stay there then. I've checked before and it sure as hell isn't better. A lot of 8shit is just fucking /pol/ shit.

Most of the people who left were stupid newfags who had stupid ideals about what 4chan is and thought they could use it a platform for their stupid shit. Just the same as the stupid idiots in chanology who left. Here, would you like your image?

The truth of the matter is that you guys didn't belong here and it wasn't some super evil sjws that wanted you gone, it was the fucking users of the site. I don't mean newshits, I mean the actual users. People who wanted GG are /v/ermin, nothing more. Instead of spending your time being a pathetic faggot trying so hard to make it seem like his movement was some holy grace that was being mistreated and unrightfully banned, how about you come up with argument about why you belong. It being >vidyaculture isn't a answer, that shit should be removed from the rules.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is your stupid boogieman. You'll find a lot of the people who disagree with you on 4chan are actual fucking anons who don't want to tolerate stupid cancerous bullshit.

>>555310
>what is chanology
>>
>>555324
I can post all night, I was there and documented it all.
>>
>>555318
>But its totally fine to leave up dozens of shitposting and console war threads.

I don't remember people getting death threats and rampant anti-semitic attacks from console war threads...
>>
>>555304
>Tumblr and Reddit faggots would have been drowned out and ran off
No.
They shouldn't have been here from the start, it's an in-house project and we needed to take action. Dammit all I wanted was video games to burn and having a new era be forced by people raiding and attacking, not this bullshit circle jerk shit.
>>
>>555326
>literally a conspiracy theory
>>
>>555330
If you can't stand antisemitism on 4chan, please just leave and don't come back.

/v/ also never condoned the death threats at all. And most of those threats were either blown out of proportion or flat out made up
>>
>>555332
If only you knew how bad the activist faggotry cancer has metastasized offsite, only to return once in a blue moon to make threads like this.
>>
>>555339
You do know he/she is a pedophile right and rightfully deserved all that he/she got correct?
>>
>>555341
You know actual pedophiles from this site popularized the pedobear meme, right?
>>
>>555341
Literally who?
>>
File: shitposting.gif (665 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.gif
665 KB, 500x280
>>555338
>If you can't stand antisemitism on 4chan, please just leave and don't come back.

I don't have a problem with it here, but the mods have a problem with it being constantly organized against people on twitter

>/v/ also never condoned the death threats at all.
>muh it was made up

Of course /v/ never officially condoned it. Doesn't change the fact that it functioned as a de facto smokescreen for those people.

>video related
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6TrKkkVEhs
>>
>>555339
Those faggots literally couldn't collaborate to save their own site.
>>
>>555181
>we might overlap with parts of tumblr
>that's ok
Get out
>>
File: ShortsBitch.png (601 KB, 843x392) Image search: [Google]
ShortsBitch.png
601 KB, 843x392
4chan is not a place for activism goober gater.

Bitching and emailing people is not going to fix your games. Accept that the tits have been decreased in size and move on with life. Hey, If you're on PC, there are always mods!
>>
>>555348
>he doesn't know, nor does he understand how to be a guerilla fighter on his own board
>>
>>555354
Please go home you reddit troglodyte SJW shit.
>>
File: worthless.png (156 KB, 362x259) Image search: [Google]
worthless.png
156 KB, 362x259
>>555357
>he thinks hate-filled shitposting is some sort of noble revolutionary movement.
>>
>>555359
Oh wow, i don't like shitposting about how the latest pair of video game titties are 3% smaller. Based on that statement i know use the boogyman invested website, reddit. (There is nothing wrong with reddit by the way)

Not an SJW. Grow Up.

I suppose i'm an SJW boogyman, sucks, tbqh.
>>
File: 1380749324194.jpg (176 KB, 840x673) Image search: [Google]
1380749324194.jpg
176 KB, 840x673
>>555227
>Why the hell couldn't /v/, /pol/, and /b/ work together and beat the shit out of the journalists?
There was donglegate, I guess. It basically started this whole mess, but it was funny at the time. I can't find the "/pol/ goes to /b/ to tell them about dongle woman" comic unfortunately.
>>
>>555360
>rebelling against the mods over the fact that they're from reddit is a bad thing
>he supports corruption
>he supports this new line of video games that has done nothing but stagnate.
>>
>>555364
>It basically started this whole mess
Nah, it was the thing from before, the MN9 shitstorm on the threads that everyone got rabid pissed over SJW shit. Plus donglegate help add fuel to the fire.
I still don't get why it couldn't of been inhouse, we don't need reddit nor tumblr to help.
>>
doxxing people you don't like is a pretty hypocritical thing to do on an anonymous forum
>>
>>555372
But it isn't.
>>
>>555368
>I still don't get why it couldn't of been inhouse
Because /v/ is nothing but a bunch of /v/ermin who are stupid as fuck. They intentionally took to it everyone else. It doesn't even matter if it was in-house only, it still would of gotten banned for being fucking activism cancer.
>>
>>555374
>Because /v/ is nothing but a bunch of /v/ermin who are stupid as fuck
You mean redditors who post on /v/ who have no business here.
>it still would of gotten banned for being fucking activism cancer.
No it wouldn't, because the fire would still rage.
>>
>>555363
Then I'm sure you like how current /v/ is. Enjoy rampant shitposting and console war threads
>>
>>555363
>there is nothing wrong with reddit
Then fuck off back to it. This isn't reddit, why do you wish to bring your shit here?
>>
>>555363
>not being an SJW boogeyman
Do you hate justice?
>>
>>555378
Don't try fucking blanket painting only redditors are /v/ermin. It isn't only redditors and there are tons more. Every single person in support of GG and encouraging its existence on /v/ was a /v/ermin.

No, it's fire wouldn't still rage. It would of died out just the same. It still would receive global hatred from the rest of the site and still been banned for being activism cancer. If it was a in-house product by /v/irgins, it wouldn't of even happened. Because they would be smart enough to know not to create chanology 2.0.
>>
>>555385
>Don't try fucking blanket painting only redditors are /v/ermin.
Oh, so you support redditors on /v/ now? Are you saying they aren't /v/ermin? What board are you from?
>It still would receive global hatred from the rest of the site and still been banned for being activism cancer
I know /pol/ would join in, everyone loves a good SJW removal.
>>
File: 1462791915687.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
1462791915687.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
>>555359
well lets sum up what the /v/irgin rampage has so far archieved:

You gave feminists a new forum and a new audience.
You skyrocketed Kotaku's advertisment income by clicking their shitty clickbait articles.
You made devs feel bad about designing female characters that please your neckbeard fantasies.

And you still dont realize that everything you do at this point will only make it worse.

I tip my fedora to you sir xD^^
>>
>>555393
>You skyrocketed Kotaku's advertisment income by clicking their shitty clickbait articles.
Hulk Hogan would like a word with you.
>>
>>555391
Nice /v/ermin arguing tactics. I didn't say that and you know it. Also, /pol/ is irrelevant as the tards who take shit seriously over there wouldn't even be able to find their own dick even if they tried. They'd be shutdown in fucking minutes.
>>
>>555397
>I didn't say that and you know it
You implied it. You implied that /v/ doesn't have a reddit problem.
>>
>>555395
Hogan filled the first lawsuit before you were even old enough to post on 4chan. Never got how you even remotely considered this "your" win, except for it damaging Gawker.
>>
>>555373
caring about identity so much is
>>
>>555397
>this delusional anon
>thinking /pol/ is irrelevant

yeah sure ok
>>
>>555398
>You implied it.
>Don't try fucking blanket painting only redditors are /v/ermin. It isn't only redditors and there are tons more
Nice try, /v/ermin. I didn't. Are you just trying to provide reasons why people dislike you guys?
>>
>>555411
who are you quoting?
>>
>>555415
Redditors are the fucking /v/ermin. Any good /v/irgin knows not to fuck with /a/, and knows to stay away and attack, remove and bully people from reddit.
>>
>>555420
All redditors are /v/ermin, all /v/ermin aren't redditors, you fucking retard.
>>
>>555421
No. Redditors are /v/ermin and that's that.
Maybe you should put away your blind hatred and realize that reddit is the fucking problem, not /v/. You fucking idiot.
>>
>>555420
>>555421
>>555422

/v/ is shit
>>
File: gg2.jpg (9 KB, 114x203) Image search: [Google]
gg2.jpg
9 KB, 114x203
Please don't. This shit brought Redditors to this place. We haven't forgot about your unholy alliance, /v/.
>>
>>555423
No one arguing that you dumbass.
>>
>>555426
>rebbit
>>
>>555430
>going on leddit
>>
>>555422
Oh wow, how much of a /v/ermin can you fucking get.
>>
>>555435
I don't post on reddit.
No I don't post on /v/ either.
>>
>>555434
I'll be honest I just saw a string of /v/'s and I thought i would just project my thought, who reads in 2016 anyways
>>
How would GG have gone differently had moot deleted /pol/?
>>
Why do Gamergays lack so much self-awareness?
>>
>>555143
No, you misunderstood. He means actually go back and stay there if you want to discuss your shitty drama for fags.

He was being helpful.
>>
>>555143
>aka "I don't like something so I'll just tell them to go here instead".

Didn't you just do this yourself?
>>
>>555424
Had GG not been banned the Redditors would have been ran off after realizing that their SJW beliefs were not welcomed

Christ where the fuck is Hiro already?
>>
>>555141
I think you guys decide what you want to talk on /v/
>>
>>555517
Well, that's not true, Hiro. Mods and janitors decide. /v/ doesn't self-moderate, like /a/ does.
>>
>>555517
Please don't unban GamerGate.
>>
>>555517
Hiro! Listen, the mods don't want us to talk about it. They constantly delete any thread talking about censorship or GamerGate. The mods and janitors are doing things their way
>>
>>555517
We need you to firmly say once and for all "Yes you can talk about anything related to video games, even censorship and gamergate".

Sticky a thread on /v/ if you must
>>
>>555266
>MUH IRC LOGS
every fucking time with you retards
>>
>>555517
Please delete /v/. The board serves no purpose.
>>
>>555517
delet this board it is a shit
>>
>>555517
Woah, a random hiro. Please do not listen to /qa/ for this one. GG was banned for being activism, which doesn't belong here. It has a blanket ban on it not for 'censorship', but rather, to prevent people from continuing to use 4chan like as if it is some hub to make the world a better place. The decision on not allowing activism on 4chan was something decided at chanology days and has basically been on of the only things 4chan has globally agreed on.

>>555524
Don't listen to people like this one either. This is /v/ we are talking about. You say that and they will use it and twist it to talk about fucking everything. Rulefagging is cancer but /v/ is a bit of a special case.
>>
>>555141
Go to your kitchen, get a hold of the sharpest knife you can find and cut both of your wrists.
>>
>>555517
Video games only, nothing else
Ban all Steam profile/avatar/friend threads and make them to go back to /soc/
>>
>>555530
Except the days of "activism" are long gone and now people just want to discuss the issues of obviously biased journalism and the terrible direction the industry is going. That is video games discussion.
>>
I wonder if Hiro will get the get.
>>
>>555517
Dont change anything, just get more mods and jannitors
>>
>>555536
Please do not quote activism, GG was straight up activism.
>>
>>555536
Fucking this. Hiro listen to what this man has to say

>>555517
>>
>>555530
>Woah, a random hiro. Please do not listen to /qa/ for this one. GG was banned for being activism, which doesn't belong here. It has a blanket ban on it not for 'censorship', but rather, to prevent people from continuing to use 4chan like as if it is some hub to make the world a better place. The decision on not allowing activism on 4chan was something decided at chanology days and has basically been on of the only things 4chan has globally agreed on.
Hiro do not listen to him. He is simply making things up as he goes along. This is your site now. You decide what is and isn't allowed
>>
>>555539
That's debatable and you appear to have a strongly biased point of view on the matter; regardless, what it was is irrelevant. This is a discussion about the present.
>>
lol gg
>>
i want GG to stay banned despite supporting it because it makes 8gag butthurt and if it were unbanned the board would be filled with twitter screencaps

take it to /b/, maybe
>>
>>555544
ur'e an neger XD
>>
>>555517
See>>555546
Unbanning Gamergate cause a lot more shitposting and e-celeb bullshit that mods are already trying to ban

Let gamergate be banned
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6TrKkkVEhs

Gamergate is /pol/.

KEEP /pol/ ON /pol/! UNBAN GAMERGATE FROM /pol/ AND KEEP IT BANNED EVERYWHERE ELSE!
>>
>>555517
Keep GG discussion banned. It's mainly doxxing and posting people's real life information.
>>
>>555548
>e-celeb bullshit that mods are already trying to ban
E-celeb threads stay up for hours untouched. They are effectively allowed. What point are you trying to make here?
>>
>>555551
They only seem to go down when they devolve in "h-ha c-cuck!"
>>
>>555517
keep it banned mane
>>
>>555549
Not that bad of an idea.
>>
>>555544
>debatable
>Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, or direct social, political, economic, or environmental change, or stasis with the desire to make improvements in society and to correct social injustice.
Cunt, there is nothing debatable about this.
>>
>>555517
What a useless post.
Start taking charge around here. Get the fucking mods to delete anything that's even remotely non-videogames.
>>
>>555569
Hiro hardly ever did anything when owning 2ch, what makes you think he's gonna start now lol
>>
>>555569
Censorship in video games IS video game related. Its called video game culture, and it is allowed
>>
>>555517
Its not videogames, its just feminist related shit, and the tumblr girl they use as emblem only enables porn posting on a blue board wich is WRONG.
>>
>>555579
Kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>555517
SCAN YOUR AND REPAIR NOW
>>
>>555579
The video game culture part should be removed so people stop using it as a way to talk about fucking everything. The board should be about video games, not fucking 'culture'.
>>
>>555568
Exactly. None of those things are what GG was initially about. Is the extent of your experiences with GG based on reading the Wikipedia article?
>cunt
Guess the anti-GG are here and polite discussion isn't possible anymore.
>>
>>555579
>culture
LOL
>>
>>555584
>>555587
>>555581
Tough shit, go read the rules for /v/ newfags
>>
>>555517
I'm also screencapping this now. The mods now have no right to delete anything based on what you said. If they do, they go against everything you said, and are directly stabbing you in the back.

Its your site Hiro, you want it to be for us after all
>>
>>555586
GG at the start about trying to 'fix' video game journalism corruption.
> stasis with the desire to make improvements in society and to correct social injustice.
4chan isn't a site for people to use as a hub to fix injustice, fuck that noise. It does nothing but bring negative shit for every part of the site.

>Guess the anti-GG are here and polite discussion isn't possible anymore.
Are you retarded? This comment is hilarious. Are you seriously trying to pull this 'we arent the bad guys everyone else is please believe us hiro' shit? How pathetic are you?
>>
>>555517
Can you please permaban Mariel-X, he does nothing but lower the level of discussion on purpose and be nothing but a pain on the side in order to derail conversation.

>>555580
>>
>>555517
I think what makes /v/ great is its lenience in subjects that are allowed. It does pertain directly to the industry of games and I think it should be allowed regardless of what people want.
>>
>>555517

please listen to >>555526

if no one wants to outright delete /v/ please make a proper video game board
>>
>>555517
ban Marielx permanently お願いします
>>
>>555598
>I think what makes /v/ great
>/v/
>great
You're the cancer killing this website
>>
>>555517
GG shouldn't be allowed. It always devolves into politics and other kind of shit flinging that have no place in a video game board
>>
>>555550
That is incorrect. It's about... Honestly I'm tired of disagreeing with you guys for shitposting. Thezoepost isn't really a good start for understanding it, but it's where it all started. There's also a non wikipedia wiki that does an excellent and balanced job of explaining it. I'm too tired to find it, but anyone who cares is more than welcome to look it up. The activisim argument is fair, though. 4chan should be a completely worthless place for completely worthless people, like you.
>>
>>555517
>hi i am admin sorry i am not gud at engrish would you like virus?
>>
File: 177750198205812.jpg (18 KB, 306x443) Image search: [Google]
177750198205812.jpg
18 KB, 306x443
There will never be a niGGer /v/. You can hang him from a tree, but he'll never sign with me. There will never be a niGGer /v/.
>>
>>555605
>4chan should be a completely worthless place for completely worthless people, like you.
you mad
>>
>>555517
Please do not unban gamergate. It will lead to 4chan being judged as a site for "raiders" e.g., people who attack other people online. It will lead to articles being made about 4chan that ruin it's reputation, and it will lead to advertisers not wanting to advertise on 4chan. What you decide to do is up to you, as you are the admin, but PLEASE take these things into consideration.

Unrelated:
Thoughts on gentoo?
>>
>>555593
>4chan isn't a site for people to use as a hub to fix injustice
I've already told you that it's irrelevant anyway because in the past. It's a completely different matter now, and closely tied to video games.
GG is being used as a blanket boogeyman term whenever a party somewhat close to socjus movements does something deplorable and members of /v/ speak against it.
>kill yourself
>you are pathetic
>cunt
My job here is done. It's pretty clear who are the people who create all the problems around here.

Discussions about the matter should be allowed on /v/ because relevant to video game culture. Proper moderation should be applied to prevent them from turning into shitposting circles, but I can understand, seeing this thread alone, how that would be difficult to do due to how easy one can falseflag on 4chan.
Regardless my point stands.
>>
>>555605
>Honestly I'm tired of disagreeing with you guys for shitposting.
>if someone disagrees with me its shitposting
Don't start this shit.

>The activisim argument is fair, though. 4chan should be a completely worthless place for completely worthless people, like you.
Since the very beginning, people came to 4chan to have fun, not being serious morons who aren't capable of understand the word fun and refuse to let people do that. The only worthless one here, is you.
>>
>>555603
I think the cancer killing this website is censoring topics for the sake of those who are bothered by it.
>>
>>555603
Leave Reddit
>>
>>555610
That could be a good thing. Draw the edgy miners back from the altchans and let the altchans prosper.
>>
>>555517
>>555597
This, please. More shit related to him here.
https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/536863/#536996
And everyone almost unanimously agrees to want him gone.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10316244
So please ban the tripfag Marielx from /v/.
>>
>>555613
Its mostly the mods censoring topics they don't like at all. But hopefully now since Hiro basically said we decide what we want to talk about, the mods will get the memo that moot's rules no longer apply
>>
>>555517
I do always admire a good anti-censorship stance, but I believe the quality of /v/ is probably better how it currently is.
I believe we at /v/ can agree in almost unanimity on a general stance on the matter, and that the subject is well past the point of its relevance.
>>
>>555597
I third this, he is an annoying fucktard
>>
>>555613

it is hate mongering and misinformation
>>
>>555517
How much would you be willing to sell the site for?
>>
>>555613
yeah sure
let's just have the entire catalog filled with GG threads
>>
>>555619
This is the mods' website. Hiro just browses it.
>>
>>555618
Ban him from 4chan period.
>>
>>555611
>I've already told you that it's irrelevant anyway because in the past
Except, its not. Because people are still trying to do the exact same fucking shit still everytime the topic is brought up. Grow the fuck up and learn to seperate politics from hobby discussion and fun.

>My job here is done. It's pretty clear who are the people who create all the problems around here.
Oh wow, are niGGers really still doing their 'pretend to be good guys, don't be the same' shit? Cut the act just because Hiro is here. Are you really trying to make the claim that people being aggressive and rude are the problem? Fuck off cancer.
>>
>>555626
That's what RapeApe and Swaglord want you to think
>>
>>555597
>>555618
just filter him you whiny retards
>>
>>555613
No, the cancer killing this website is redditors like you trying to start movements for shit no one should even pay attention to in the first place. People using boards as political mouthpieces instead of ways to discuss the topic the boards were designed for. Crying about censorship should only ever happen on /v/ if the mods aren't allowing people to shit talk a particular game, for example. Keeping political shitposting out of /v/ isn't censorship.

/v/ has always been utter shit, but you people took it to a whole new level.
>>
GG is cancer
>>
/vpol/ here we come!
>>
>>555619
Well it's a big community, there's going to be vocal majorities and minorities. Why can't we just follow the good old
>if it is involved with the board subject it's allowed
?
>>555623
So what? Nobody was stopping you from posting your perspective and opinon.
>>555625
there's a rule that only one thread per subject is allowed, it's a moderation issue.
>>
>>555636
more like /shitposting/ here we come.
>>
File: 1411564797476.png (648 KB, 1000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1411564797476.png
648 KB, 1000x2000
>>555517
oh god please no

don't enable these people
>>
>>555638
>there's a rule that only one thread per subject is allowed, it's a moderation issue.
Generals are cancer, don't pull this shit. That rule should be removed.
>>
>>555640
What do you think of the relative merits of /mlp/ and /vpol/?
>>
>>555636
/vc/ - videogame culture

I cringed of the mere thought of it.
>>
>>555638
>there's a rule that only one thread per subject is allowed, it's a moderation issue.
so let's open the floodgates and make it even harder to moderate
>>
>>555517
Please don't permit it on /v/. Every single thread becomes about feminism, the culture war, and E-celebrities, as they always have.
>>
>>555645
videogame culture and politics
Gotta get the politics in there.
>>
>>555634
Why shouldn't they pay attention to it? Its their hobby.
What is even inherently bad about discussing politics if it pertains to the board subject?
>>
>>555618
>Not Rugg
Priorities anon, priorities.
>>
>>555643
Limiting a subject to one thread and having a reoccurring thread is not one in the same.
>>
>>555517
Actually, this. >>555627 Permaban him from 4chan entirely. Not even /mlp/ wants him around because he shitposted there too.
Hell, just look at this, and you'll see.
https://desustorage.org/mlp/search/username/marielx/
>>
>>555651
>Politics
>Pertaining to /v/ - Video Games
If you want to talk about "video game culture" aka hundreds of threads being outraged by the latest clickbait article on sites nobody here even reads, then do this >>555645

There's a reason why /a/ and /jp/ were split.
>>
>>555654
There is no difference at the end of the day when you force the entire board to stay in only one thread for a topic. The rule is fucking stupid and should of never been added. It goes against everything the site is built on.
>>
>>555657
Video game culture has been in the rules since the site was made you fucking idiot
>>
>>555657
If the government was deciding on a bill that would stop the production of video games this would be considered politics and it would also pertain to video games.
Why shouldn't people be allowed to talk about it?
>>
Hiro please come back now. We need you to make a sticky on /v/ about this and clear everything up once and for all.
>>
>>555659
I don't give a shit about how old the rule is, it's the reason the board has always been garbage and people like you keep making it worse and worse every year
>>
>>555649
But /vpol/ doesnt sound very good, in fact, it does sound like we are only trying to pull /pol/ to us.
>>
>>555651
>Why shouldn't they pay attention to it? Its their hobby.
There is a difference between paying attention and drowning the fucking board in shit no one cares about. 4chan isn't the place you go to be serious.

>What is even inherently bad about discussing politics if it pertains to the board subject?
Because you should grow up and learn how to separate politics from other things. Doesn't mean you can't, but, you shouldn't talk about it.
>>
>>555657
Hi!!
>>
>>555657
/a/ and /jp/ were split because moot didn't like that fact the board was filled with touhou. /a/ and /jp/ should be merged back together and visible sage should be turned back on.
>>
>>555666
/vc/ - Vidya culture and politics
or
Vidya culture and censorship
or
Vidya culture, celebrities, and censorship
>>
>>555674
Those all sound like a horrible idea. I have a better one.

/v/ - Video Games
>>
>>555664
>I don't give a shit about how old the rule is, it's the reason the board has always been garbage and people like you keep making it worse and worse every year
Ladies and gentleman, the newfag
>>
>>555671
also
1. Enable the robot on /pol/
2. Delete /r9k/
>>
>>555632
Filters arent meant to substitute moderation, he breaks the global rules constantly.
>>
>>555667
Once again, that's why we have rule 4 in the vidya section of the rules. It's a problem you'd want to take up with the moderators.
>you should grow up and learn how to seperate politics from other things
Threads not involving politics will still exist even if a gamergate thread exists.
I don't want to hear what I "shouldn't" talk about, I want to hear why it's absolutely necessary to censor it.
>>
>>555675
Genius!
>>
>>555678
Filters are for whatever you want them to be.
>>
>>555520
When you guys made a decision,
we make a rule.
Then mods follow the rule.
>>
>>555660
>If this impossible scenario happened why shouldn't people talk about it?
If that ever happens the sure, don't pretend that's what you're doing right now. All you're doing right now is talk about feminists, "journalists" and e-celebs that happen to align with your political views ad nauseum.

>>555676
>I ran out of things to say
>>
>>555676
Except, he's right. Mostly everything that has been wrong with the board has always had to do with that culture part and everytime you call out people for that shit they go
>its vidya cultures its allowed it doesnt matter how low quality and shitposty it is
The culture part is used to talk about everything but video games.
>>
>>555522
I think mods don't need to talk.
What we need is a rule.
>>
>>555682
Because Gamergate is a group of misogynistic trolls who harass women online for entertainment.
>>
>>555685
How do "we" the users make a decision?
>>
>>555685
HIRO
/qa/ IS NOT /v/
DO NOT USE /qa/ TO DECIDE THIS MATTER ASK /v/

DO NOT USE THIS BOARD TO DECIDE ANY MATTERS FOR ANY BOARD, ASK THE BOARD THEMSELVES. I REPEAT, /qa/ IS NOT /v/, DO NOT ASK IT.
>>
>>555685
Hiroyuki, I think 4chan needs to scan your and repair now.
>>
>>555686
>impossible
no, it's not and it was just an example.
Also gamergate isn't even about politics, that would imply it involves government.
And what the topic does is talk about how all those people are affecting the industry.
>>
>>555685
Hiro this is the second time now you've entered a thread where some 8gag gamergater convinced you a majority wanted something and entertained their notions of being some kind of majority somewhere. The first time was when you disabled the cuck wordfilter.

Please don't allow GG back on 4chan, it's activist cancer and is banned for a reason.
>>
>>555613
Shining a spotlight on a board or worse the entire site is not a good idea. What is a good idea, would be you not posting here anymore because you have an IQ of a bar rat
>>
>>555691
It starts by updating your Flash player.
>>
>>555689
It's an anonymous image board, you don't know anyone who is a part of the movement who would post here and you don't know what their intent is.
>>
>>555699
Their intent is to harass women. This is well documented.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.