[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Filter "really makes you think" on /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1449418362151.jpg (10 KB, 222x225) Image search: [Google]
1449418362151.jpg
10 KB, 222x225
>>
>>553108
Make it auto-ban people. Just imagine the butthurt of all those retarded shitposters.
>>
While we're at it, auto-ban anyone who uses the terms "Reddit", "Tumblr", "Normie", "Shill", and "Dumb frogposter".
>>
The key is to simply never visit /pol/
your quality of life will improve immediately if you follow this simple rule
>>
>>553421
Im a communist and I visit /pol/ to debate people with other viewpoints.
>>
1. Enable the robot on /pol/
2. Delete /r9k/
>>
>>553108
Really makes you think...
>>553422
Communism
Never
Works
>>
>>553420
Don't forget "Kys"
>>
>>553420
I'd agree only if you auto ban anyone who uses frog images. You can't go banning only one side. Dumb frogposter only arose because of people spamming. Don't be a hypocrite anon.
>>
>>553108
>Really makes you think
>Hmm
>>
>>553422
How the fuck do you subscribe to a political process that has failed in every single country it is tried?

>inb4 real communism hasn't been tried yet
Your 'real' communism will never be tried as it is a integrally flawed theory with consistent constant flawed execution.
>>
>>553108
Hell, just have a mod parked in /pol/ to ban shitposters. Or even better yet, have all threads in /pol/ be submitted through a filter that requires at least janitor approval for a while to combat shitposting.
>>
>>553896
Fuck that, its personal responsibility of every /pol/ack to avoid shit you don't like. Not the personal responsibility of one mod with a god complex to crack down on whatever pisses them off that day.
>>
>>553916
Well something needs to be done about the /b/-tier shitposting that's ravaging /pol/. We need a Hitler to gas the shitposters.
>>
>>553851
None of /pol/'s pet political theories have ever succeeded in practice.
>>
The problem I have with bans like this, is there are times when someone might legitimately say "it really makes you think." Back when dubs were new and annoying, moot filtered it on /v/; Trying to say "doubles" would spit you out at the "our system thinks your post is spam" screen. The problem, of course, is in videogames, you can be talking about stuff like "A sneak-attack doubles the damage."

If they filter the phrase, and people don't just instantly change the phraseology, AND IT WORKS, eventually people will forget and people who haven't a fucking clue will get hung up, and you'll see posts on /qa/ with screenshots of the comment field, with people saying "what part of this post is against the rules?! I checked everything!"

And there user-end filter options. So, just filter it yourself? And hide the stubs?
>>
>>553851
>with consistent constant flawed execution
Yes because capitalistic liberal democracies are so fucking successful, aren't they? America in the past 50 years alone has done irreversible damage to the environment and are responsible for fucking up the ecosystem of more countries than you have darts and a map to throw them at.

It's all fucking well and good to pretend like this system is so much better when you can safely ignore most of the ill effects it has on societies. The United States of Burgerstein are a complete fucking third world shithole for those unfortunate enough to have been born into the poverty cycle. The American dream is a lie to distract the mostly unthinking unwashed masses.
>>
>>553935
The only reason America gets to fuck up the rest of the world is because it is the economically largest and militarily strongest nation on Earth, which it is because capitalist liberal democracy is good at that kind of thing.

Also, they have a moat.
>>
>>553935
Are you making a case for environmentally friendly Communist countries?

You will have to point them out to me, because between the Soviet Union and Communist China it looks like they don't give a shit.

>>553930
The biggest political theory subscribed to on the board is democracy, the GOP revolution restored hope to the board that had long resigned itself to Doom Paul future.
>>
File: 1363061339136.jpg (116 KB, 504x401) Image search: [Google]
1363061339136.jpg
116 KB, 504x401
>>553931
I agree with several of your points, but ultimately all moderation is a game of whack a mole.

Take spamming nudes for example. Hypothetically, the mod deletes them and bans the individual; problem solved. However, in actuality, the spammer is on a proxy and the mod doesn't delete the post for about 15 minutes to a half hour. And the mod usually will only give someone a three day ban, so three days later the proxy or IP is able to spam.

And what's the permanent solution to this? There isn't one.

This is always going to be Sisyphean. It will never end. Today it's "wow, it really makes you think" and three months from now it could easily be "huh, well I never thought of it like that." It will never end, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't moderate recurring rule violates, like spam, which violate rule 3.

And, in my opinion, this spam - along with cuckold spam - is a deliberate attempt to make /pol/ look bad. Whenever you try to complain about spam on /pol/, you get posts like >>553421 which are either the spammer himself or someone who sympathizes with them. Apparently the problem is /pol/ with its politically incorrect subject matter, and not the fact that spammed phrases and OP's with sexual content outside of /s/, /hm/, /hc/, and so on is a bannable offense.

I certainly don't agree with >>553422 but I think people like him are a better example of /pol/'s userbase than the image of racists yelling at pictures of a white lady pointing at a black guy's cock, which is what the "delete /pol/" crowd wants /qa/ to believe /pol/ is.

/pol/ is right wing, and unchangeablely so, but we do have democrats and communists as equal members of the discussion. They, along with the right wing, have as much right to good moderation as any other board.

"Really makes you think" is not just spam, but fishing for replies with weak bait. Wordfilter the phrase to "I have nothing to say but here's a picture" is my recommendation. As well as turn on the robot on /pol/.
>>
>>553958
This is a good post and you should feel proud of yourself m8
>>
/pol/ is currently engaged in meme warfare. Think of those posts as combat training.
>>
>>553931
While we're on this subject, could we get some filter lists shared?
>>
>>553958
This is a good post
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.