[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
catalog should be default
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: problem.jpg (318 KB, 1870x901) Image search: [Google]
problem.jpg
318 KB, 1870x901
In recent times many boards in particular /v/ but also others constantly see the same type of threads for a subject
The result is you can some 3-6 threads about the same game in /v/´s case, pic related shows a particular high amount of overwatch threads
Its a given you will see many threads for a new game or just very popular game but often OP likely didt even look for similar threads
Additionally preventing mobile posters from starting a thread or simply register the filename "image" as spam should reduce the amount of spam

A staff response would be much appreciated but what /qa/ thinks would be nice too
>>
>>545447
You come in from the actual 4chan homepage instead of using your browsing history to select the catalog link of your favorite boards? The only time I use the old style pages is when I accidentally click on board links while looking inside a thread.
>>
>>545452
no, Always via a bookmark to /v/
the problem is not everyone is using any of the scripts to expand site functionally and mobile devices arrive on classic board style aka not catalog
>>
File: file.png (30 KB, 777x373) Image search: [Google]
file.png
30 KB, 777x373
>>545447
First they should fix the catalog so that it doesn't require Javascript to view.

>inb4 autism, [the current year]
Having your website work without Javascript isn't just for the nonfree.pizza crowd. Javascript-dependent websites break search engines (pic related), fail badly when the Javascript crashes (think people using older browsers), and are harder to customize (there's a reason 4chan X ignores the default catalog and implements its own).
>>
>>545504
i concur with the idea of getting rid of java script for the reasons you stated
hopefully a native replacement for 4chan X will be viable in the near future
>>
>>545447
>>545459
Yes, we should cater to outsiders even more. Great idea.

Drink bleach.
>>
File: 2335v3.jpg (117 KB, 503x334) Image search: [Google]
2335v3.jpg
117 KB, 503x334
>>545447
>catalog should be default
Wrong. Catalogue browsers should be range-banned just like those browsing from a mobile phone. Sorry Reddit, but you have to go.
>>
>>545578
>le reddit may may

Not saying I necessarily agree with OP, but to be able to view all of the threads on a board at once is nice.
>>
>>545578
http://dec.2chan.net/b/futaba.php?mode=cat
>>
>>545530
>muh secrit club
reality check, 4chan is well known and many experienced users do indeed use 4chan X or similar
reconsider your life

>>545578
>implying i use the site at all
we both know you are bad and should feel bad, nice try though
also way to make any points whatsoever
>>
File: 1459126718485.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459126718485.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>545680
>4chan is well known and many experienced users do indeed use 4chan X or similar
You need to experience both to make an educated decision, let new users figure out what they actually want.
>>
File: 1433007346459.jpg (76 KB, 764x720) Image search: [Google]
1433007346459.jpg
76 KB, 764x720
>>546067
As a matter of fact i have seen both sides of it
The problem we are facing is new users dont get the whole lurk moar part

Rule #4 for /v/ states "Please refrain from reposting. If possible, try to skim the board for threads pertaining to your topics/info that may have already been posted."
Everyone can make a mistake but when you see 5 threads for the same topic thats outright spam, /v/ is a very fast board and less than popular threads often get pushed off for yet another X thread
If catalog was default many new users would get the overview they need and hopefully post in an existing thread
>>
>>546088
>If catalog was default many new users would get the overview they need and hopefully post in an existing thread
Just like they would read a sticky with few tips?

It doesn't matter if it's something hidden in the rules page or at the top of the first page, murphy's law triumphs.
Hope won't do shit and shitting on new users might give them the impression it's OK to shit on everything.
>>
>>546093
Some people do read the sticky for the various boards and should be standard practice, In this case /v/ lack such a thing
Its not about shitting on new users but rather assist them to help improve the quality of the board in general

/v/ got a pretty bad case of duplicate threads around the clock but many other boards can manage fairly well
Its true /v/ is one of the biggest boards around which is exactly why we should help newfags to understand proper imageboard culture
>>
>>545447
>how dare you make more than 1 thread for a single topic
Fuck off generalfag.
>>
>>547825
when you get around 6 threads for the same topic its too much
did you even read the thread?
>>
>>547835
Yes and your a fucktard. Please lurk moar. There is nothing wrong with 50 threads for a single topic and 4chan has always been that way. Go back to whatever shitty forum you came from and stop forcing your cancerous culture no one wants here, generalfag.
>>
>>547847
>implying im a generalfag
So 50 threads for the same topic while unique tops gets pushed off? Thats stupid and only splits whoever would post into smaller threads
If anything i try to promote the idea of using the catalog and reading the god damm rules, hate to break it to you but you are a cancerous faggot
>>
I hate the catalog... The idea that you'll scroll by a thread and read the last 3 or 4 replies and determine if it is a thread you'd want to read is dead. People, in these modern tines, read and reply only to the OP.
>>
>>547851
>So 50 threads for the same topic while unique tops gets pushed off?
Yes you stupid faggot, because those 50 threads ARE unique. Please lurk the fuck moar.
>>
>>545680
>>muh secrit club
Oh yeah, every single time this is posted it's always fresh shit from reddit.
Lurk for at least 2 years before posting.
>>
File: >scret club.png (113 KB, 1855x472) Image search: [Google]
>scret club.png
113 KB, 1855x472
>>545680
>>muh secrit club
>>
>>547868
not true at all. besides do you really want to scroll though 6 or more of the same kind of threads?

>>547870
they are by all means not a unique topic and is therefore considered spam
so go lurk more your self pal

>>547907
>implying i even use that site
way to read the thread, i already denied such accusations and even if it was true the point is moot
in other news, i have been here a great deal longer than 2 years so kindly go fuck your self

>>547909
read that thing again, now reconsider your life
>>
>>545447
Be careful, OP, if you tell people to condense their threads they'll accuse you of being a generalfag
>>547825
oh fuck no I'm too late
>>
>>548379
OH SHI-
it was expected people would be at least somewhat opposed to the idea but this is getting silly
>>
still looking for a staff response and additional opinions
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.