[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Standardized WebM Filesize and Audio Enabled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (46 KB, 650x380) Image search: [Google]
file.png
46 KB, 650x380
WebMs have become a staple of almost every active board on 4chan. Moot was a retard and there is no reason, especially today, to restrict audio and have a 3MB file size limit on WebMs outside of dedicated gif/webm boards.

Please allow audio and 4MB file size on all boards.
>>
>4MB
absolutely

>audio
go fuck yourself

i don't want to have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDy4sBkRTHE embedded in every other thread like back in 2011
>>
>>545108
Who fucking cares?

Putting fear of trolls ahead of giving people who can do something nice the tools they need is probably why 4chan is such shit today to begin with.
>>
>>545108
What, did you set webms to autoplay or something? Last I checked you have to actually click on them before they can rape your ears.
>>
imageboard
>>
>>545119
faggot
>>
>>545119
Audio is just images for your ears
>>
>>545119
>2016
>still thinking 4chan is just an imageboard
Fucking retard
>>
>>545119
its 2016 time to get with the times gramps
>>
>>545118
Even if it isn't on autoplay, you can't tell what the audio will be until you hear it. Hell, they could start the audio out normal and quiet, and then halfway through turn it up really loud and shitty.

If you want to have audio with your webm/video, just link to youtube, /wsg/ or host on some other website.
>>
>/tv/
>3mb
>no sound
why mook
>>
>>545321
>just link to youtube, /wsg/
Where it could do the exact same thing? This doesn't remove the problem in the slightest, so you might as well just enable sound webms in the first place.
>>
>>545403
dcma
>>
>>545037
Am I retarded or did they change the filesize limit back down?
>>
>>546064
>Dmca
that'd be stupid considering people link such webms from /wsg/
>>
>>546196
I don't think so
>>
File: aYkVqbcNA-o.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aYkVqbcNA-o.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
Can't belive there are faggots resisting. Even russian 2ch has 10MB restriction and audio enabled. Hiro, do the fucking audio thing. What is this, a cave man period?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.