[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck. The current state of archives is a mess. What happene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: bsxiri.png (49 KB, 789x299) Image search: [Google]
bsxiri.png
49 KB, 789x299
Fuck. The current state of archives is a mess.

What happened to desustorage's plan after archive.moe died? It seems everything was forgotten. http://desustorage.org/_/articles/future/

Goddamn, archive owners, MAKE BACKUPS. Don't archive dangerous boards if you can't (LIKE FUCKING /b/).

Some "big" boards like /vp/ died, losing almost a year of content. This is horrible.

What solution could work, at this point?
>>
>>540375
Time Travel. Go back in time and warn the own er of fgts to stop archiving /b/.
>>
Frankly I do not think we lost anything of importance by losing /vp/'s archives. What else was exclusively on fgts?
>>
File: bjugtrx.png (43 KB, 276x620) Image search: [Google]
bjugtrx.png
43 KB, 276x620
>>540388
List of fgts.jp boards as of 2014-04-22
>>
File: 2016-02-25_14-14-30.png (33 KB, 165x289) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-25_14-14-30.png
33 KB, 165x289
>>540392
>/b/
Why the fuck would you archive /b/?
>>
>>540400
They archive /hm/ and /s/ and yet you wonder why they archive /b/?
>>
>>540402
fgts was taken down for copious amounts of CP, all due to /b/.
>>
>>540388
The CYOAs and idea threads.
Just because the only threads that you use are shit, doesn't mean there isn't good stuff.
>>
>>540392
Why all the image dump boards? That's a shitload of bandwidth for something far more accessible via other methods.
>>
>>540375
Any new updates from the fgts admin?

>>540392
>>540400
>>540402
/b/, /cm/, /hm/, and /y/ are being archived currently by the lesser-known b-stats. Fireden also archives /cm/ and /y/ (redundant).

>>540409
The other NSFW boards should be archived on a separate site that does not allow SFW boards but the internal/meta one.
>>
>>540388
Yeah, he edited the 404 page to say the files are definitely gone.
>>
It's a shame but it happens.
>>
>>540426
Does the server wipe them?

fgts admin is really stupid
>>
>>540428
it was hosted on OVH, which is a hosting service that has a habit of deleting fucking everything if copyright claims / cp claims aren't treated quickly.
>>
If you think archives are a good thing, you do not understand the ephemeral appeal of chans.
>>
>>540445
Except 4chan (and other imageboards, not "chans") hasn't had an "ephemeral appeal" in years. Generals are now recurrent, and archives aren't harmful, anyway. The faggots who can't lurk and keep posting the same threads over and over will still be here no matter what.

Archives are really useful for old threads you want to check out once in a while, for seeing what happened to your thread after you went to sleep, and so on.

Not every board is /jp/ where people are looking for a complete 2chan-culture clone (and even then, /jp/ recently has mostly been "I want to [verb] [character]" threads repeated ad nauseum).
>>
File: TP.jpg (75 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TP.jpg
75 KB, 1920x1080
>>540386
I'm on it.
>>
>>540452
>for seeing what happened to your thread after you went to sleep, and so on.

nigga 4chan has a built in archive now
>>
>>540429
Seems extremely dumb to use a hosting service like that. Then again, people are foolish enough to make deals with Jim Watkins, so I guess everyone makes mistakes. Hell, even a big company like Nintendo made the mistake of partnering with Gamespy, which fucked them in the long run.
>>
>>540452
Didn't even name the best purpose: Seeing deleted posts. So you can find out what the mods are hiding.

Honestly though, I am really surprised there was not someone else out there backing up fgts' archives.
>>
>>540408
I don't even go to /vp/. Both of those sound like shit to me. If they were so important to you, then you should have saved them yourself. I save threads that I make or like.
>>
>>540452
>Not every board is /jp/ where people are looking for a complete 2chan-culture clone
Sadly /jp/ hasn't been like that since 2010.
>>
>>540470
I know, that's why I added the latter part (although I must agree that /jp/ culture has completely changed).
>>
>>540455
Not for deleted threads
>>
>>540375
>people using online storage to backup
>4chan of all sites
thats a bad idea
>>
File: 2b7.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
2b7.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>>540392
>/cm/
>/h/
>/soc/
>/y/
this is why you never leave japs in charge of things because of pure incompetence
>>
>>540375
Archives are cancer.
>>
Did anyone notice this? From the search I did I guess not.

http://dmcadefender.com/celebrating-the-death-of-fgts-jp/
>>
>>540898
>DMCA defender
What a bunch of fucking faggots
>>
>>540906
Just in it for money, that's all. And you know their clientele must have a lot of it. They are in the "reputation repair" business.
>>
File: Capture.png (38 KB, 822x144) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
38 KB, 822x144
>>540898
Why the fuck would you do this on top of not making backups?
>>
>>540375
Rip fgts.jp
Now i'll never know how much I posted now
>>
>>541228
Don't believe what those snakes say without hearing the archiver's side.
>>
>>542366
Yes it is
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.