[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
making an /intg/ board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1463659318528.jpg (68 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1463659318528.jpg
68 KB, 420x420
i propose making a board solely for country based generals. not only would it stop /int/ being clogged up with the countless generals, the generals themselves would flourish from larger bump limits, less competition from other threads, and rules designed specifically with generals in mind. small generals especially would benefit from such a board.
>>
>>539222
this board would be nsfw of course
>>
>>539222
Or generals could just be banned.
>>
>>539222
Those generals are kind of the point of /int/.
>>
File: 1453803492222.jpg (28 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1453803492222.jpg
28 KB, 442x341
>>539905
>Those generals are kind of the point of /int/.

The purpose of /int/ is to discuss international culture with people from other countries, not to have circle jerk generals with one specific country or region
>>
File: 1327540504108.jpg (299 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1327540504108.jpg
299 KB, 2048x2048
Having multiple generals isn't a good enough reason to branch out a board. I don't think it was inconceivable that /int/ would have country exclusive threads, it's says in the rules that you can speak your own language after all.
/int/ has also grown more than average precisely because it has country-specific threads. They have regretfully become akin to chatrooms, but that is partially a result of high post rates arousing people to respond quicker and spending less time on thought and more on wit + combined with normalfags from social media who are able to post unrestrictedly.
Why would you want to give these people free reins to thrive(see: rot)? They wouldn't absorb and become accustomed to image board culture.

Finally, if people spend a part of their time posting in their own language then would it be wise to completely cut them off for doing so? A new board wouldn't be seperated by simple interests like /vg/, but there would be language barriers which would completely isolate threads. If they stayed on /int/ they would have more than a few things in common.
I don't think your suggestion is good.
>>
>>539222
Just move the generals to /pol/.
>>539905
They are the opposite of what /int/ should be about. You have everyone just staying in their countries general and roleplaying a country Instead of having various countries and regions interact with eachother. Atm /int/ is "blog circlejerks in different languages".
>>
>>540127
How about encouraging self-moderation?
>>
>>539946
>The purpose of /int/ is to discuss international culture with people from other countries
The purpose of any board on this fucking website is not fulfilled you retarded newfag.
>>
>>540111
>it's says in the rules that you can speak your own language after all.
Many of them are in English though. IMO they're simply illegal, they have nothing to do with /int/, with "international culture" (even the ones with different languages are just chatrooms completely unrelated to /int/), they shouldn'exist at all.
>>
>>539905
How can someone possibly be this incorrect?
/int/ was not made as a place for chat rooms- it was made for international discussion.
>>
tb h there should be an /intg/ board
>>
>>540155
So you're saying it would be perfectly alright to go on /a/ and post about western cartoons and comics?
>>
File: int.jpg (121 KB, 858x553) Image search: [Google]
int.jpg
121 KB, 858x553
>>539222
Yes, please.
The point is that generals get bumped all the time so the other threads are on page 4 or 5 after some minutes after the last post even if they have potential. And no one wants to reply in a "dying" thread on page 5 so they don't get bumped and die early. Generals on the other hand get bumped constantly because they are just chatrooms. This is wy we can't have serious disucssions. Just take a look at the archive, most threads die after a couple of posts, only generals reach autsage. Ban generals or make /intg/. The generals are chatrooms, where everyone speaks in their own language so no one else can participate. The rest of the board (non general threads) is literally dead.
>>
>>540734
there is a thread on the front page of /a/ currently that discusses how they think western cartoons and sitcoms are superior to anime
>>/a/141958729
so I guess, yeah, it broke 200 replies and has been on the front page for the last hour or two without a mod stepping in
>>
>>540734
>>540805
sorry I fucked up the link
>>>/a/141958729
no board really stays on topic anymore, especially not their original topic
/a/ doesn't discuss anime
/r9k/ has recurring threads and generals
/v/ discusses twitter more than video games
/sp/ discusses where you put ketchup
it's nothing new, and nothing will probably change
>>
>>540132
>self-moderation
You mean allowing hiveminds to dictate decorum. Yeah, because that worked so fucking well with /a/.
>>
>>540812
If you're right then you should argue for it and convince others to do the same. Naturally there will be trolls and newfags who will be in opposition. It honestly depends the most on if people actually care, but /int/ is a normalfag board now that I think about it, so it's probably a futile endeavour.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.