[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we please ban people who do this? It contributes nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: samefag.png (6 KB, 530x154) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
6 KB, 530x154
Can we please ban people who do this? It contributes nothing to the thread, the very definition of shitposting.
>>
>>537813
>It contributes nothing to the thread, the very definition of shitposting.
The fact that you think this is a valid argument just means you're a faggot.
>>
Yet another thing that would be stopped if (You) was removed.

IDs don't help much either because people can just post on their phones and such. As was mentioned in another thread recently, perhaps visible sage was the only real clue to tell blatant samefagging by, and of course we don't have that anymore.
>>
>>537830
what the fuck are you talking about?
people have been accusing samefags for YEARS
>>
>>537813
Are you complaining about people calling other posters samefags or posting proof that they aren't samefags?
>>
>>537830
>visible sage was the only real clue to tell blatant samefagging by

I'm beginning to think that if we could magically sort everyone who thinks sage is a bad thing and everyone who doesn't into two separate sites, one of those sites would be pretty much the same as 4chan right now, and the other would be absolutely amazing.
>>
>>537813
>It contributes nothing to the thread
This isn't an argument here. Go back to whatever faggot forum you came from.
>>
>>537847
Sage itself is fine, it's just that stupid people used to (and sometimes still do) sage a thread just because they don't like it. They'll write "sage goes in all fields." I think removing visible sage was a good idea.
Also I don't think removing (You) would help at all.
>>
>>537813
>>537822
>>537830
>>537831
>>537845
>>537847
>>537880
>>537893
AlI me :)
>>
>>537893
>sage a thread just because they don't like it. They'll write "sage goes in all fields."
There was never anything wrong with this. Sage never had any defined reason other than to not bump a thread. Visible sage has tons of uses and people being scared someone might sage their thread and insult them will never be a reason to not have it. Instead of being a little bitch that someone sage goes in all fields your thread, don't fucking reply.
>>
>>537847
THIS
>>
>>537895
That's not the problem, though. The problem is, and I hate to use this phrase but it's true, people really do use sage as a "downvote." They'll shitpost 'sage sage sage sage sage" in a thread. THAT person is the one who shouldn't fucking reply. If you don't like a thread, report it, hide it, and move on, DON'T FUCKING RESPOND.
>>
>>537897
And I will put this fucking bluntly. Sage is a fucking 'downvote'. Sage only purpose is to not bump a thread. What it is depends on the community, culture and the rules of the board. Who the fuck cares if the person is downvoting your thread. Fucking ignore him and report if you don't like it. There was nothing wrong with people doing that when it wasn't consuming the entire thread, which didn't happen all that much unless the thread was shit. No, I'm not supporting mindless low-effort shitposting, but, bitching about this is stupid. Just fucking ignore it and the simple fact is, that isn't an argument for why visible sage shouldn't be here.
>>
>>537905
maybe if you cry harder they'll bring it back
>>
>>537813
Agreed. But I've seen it get deleted on occasion.

>>537905
>Sage is a 'downvote'.
No.
>>
I thought sage was a way for the users of a board to fill up the post limit of a thread they dislike without simultaneously bumping the thread in the hopes that the thread would be removed from the catalog by being archived faster when the bump limit has been reached.
Removing the visible sage made it so that you can try to kill the thread faster without people who like the thread calling you out for being a faggot who derails the thread by shitposting.
>>
>>537905
https://www.4chan.org/faq#sage
>>
>>537813
>>537822
>>537830
>>537831
>>537845
>>537847
>>537880
>>537893
Samefag
>>
>>538140
>No.
But it is, by both definition and function. From the Daijisen itself:
>高い所・位置から低い所・位置へ移す。位置を低くする。
>今までよりも低い段階に移す。
>位・階級を低くする。等級・順序などを下の方にする。

Sage is and has historically been used to bring down a thread. The problem is that fucking idiots like you have this retarded mindset that such an act is necessarily negative. I blame m00t in part for his public statements on the matter and that braindead sycophants just as yourself are only capable of parroting shit authority figures such as the admin say.

>>538168
Hate to break it to you anon but that is wrong. The only reason why it is worded like that is due to the retarded damage control in trying to make consistent for when m00t fucked up royally by associating 4chan with Reddit, thinking it was a good thing. Sage functions exactly how is does on the board software which was copypasted from in order to create 4chan. You know what happens when anons don't bump a thread? It gets hidden, buried towards the rear pages. What is the purpose of a "downvote"? To hide/bury a thread/post.

Try a little intellectual honesty and less site fanboy faggotry.
>>
>>538583
>bring down
It fails to lift a thread. That is not the same as bringing it down. You're trying too hard to be the contrarian who has a greater insight into things than the stupid masses do. It's not working.
>>
>>538168
Why would you bring up the faq page? It was made for stupid newfags to get a slightly better idea of the site, but, pretty much all the information there has no semblance in reality or 4chan.

Next time you want source something as your argument, pick something not retarded and just make the argument yourself.
>>
>>538583
>What is the purpose of a "downvote"? To hide/bury a thread/post.
That is incorrect. A downvote is used to show disagreement. If you want to hide or bury a thread/post, your best bet is the FUCKING HIDE BUTTON.
>>
>>537813
Neither does your samefagging, OP.
>>
sage isn't a downvote, according to the people who fucking invented it (2ch).

It was /b/tards who bastardized sage by making it seem like a downvote tool.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.