[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fan/ - Fantasy and Science Fiction board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: fantasy-winter-wallpaper-1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
fantasy-winter-wallpaper-1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
I can't believe this isn't a board yet.

There are several very popular series of books, novels, films, games and other forms of art that relate to fantasy. The trouble is, there isn't an official place to discuss them.

Where do you want to go to discuss Star Wars lore? There's plenty of threads on /tv/, but /tv/ is a hive of shitposting, and they don't want it there. There's a Star Wars general on /co/ and /tg/ but it doesn't make sense that there are two generals for the same niche on boards that only just relate to them.

The Elder Scrolls has a general on /tg/ and /vg/, and while the /tg/ general is good, it barely has anything to do with 'traditional games', yet the discussion of lore deserves a place above /vg/.

Where do you want to go if you want to discuss the books of Lord of the Rings or A Song of Ice and Fire? You're literally stuck on /tv/ which is a farce. /lit/ won't tolerate genre fiction on their board, and I've seen genre fiction threads get deleted because of this. I understand /lit/ wants to keep proper literature on its board but it makes no sense that very popular works of fantasy have to be on /tv/, considering people may not want to talk about their adaptions and be stuck with shitposters, but instead talk about the books and their universes.

So I call out to you hiro- make a fantasy board. The problem with genre fiction books not having a place to be discussed on 4chan is a big problem considering they're so popular with pop cultural communities, which make up a lot of 4chan. It would be a place for all major and minor works of fantasy and SciFi, so they can be discussed in depth in a place they can all truly belong and call home.
>>
1st for Azor Jon
>>
2nd for Jon
>>
3rd for J
>>
4th for
>>
SORRY ANON BUT THIS ISN'T /Q/.

CONSIDER LEAVING FAGLORD
>>
>Star Wars
/tv/

>Elder Scrolls
/v/

>LotR and ASoIaF
/lit/

>but these boards don't wanna talk about my shit
You realize there are other sites on the internet besides 4chan, right? Go somewhere else if the meanies on /lit/ laughed you off the board.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.