[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Delete ID's ID's are just catering to people from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 1
File: id.png (1 KB, 107x18) Image search: [Google]
id.png
1 KB, 107x18
Delete ID's

ID's are just catering to people from other websites who are not used to anonymous discussion. It's a half-way-house between Reddit's create as many accounts as you want, and an option for full anonymity. There are always tripcodes for when using a unique ID is required. The reason why other boards hate /pol/ is not because of them being Nazis. It's because they operate differently that every other board. They don't understand how to have an anonymous discussion. They have an obsession with identity in /pol/, and this cleaks when they post on other boards where fully anonymous posting is the norm, they have to bring in their unrelated topics because they're posting as themselves, not as anonymous. They have to attack everyone for having a certain identity, rather than actually addressing the content of the posts. /pol/ is obsessed with identity, other people's identity, bringing their identity into everything, the only reason they want anonymity is for privacy, so things can't be traced back to them. IDs are proof of this.

If you claim IDs have a positive effect on the "quality" of discussion, ID's barely mean shit anymore with airplane phoneposting anyways. All it does is feed the illusion that you can identify who you're talking to.
>>
>>536808
>ID's are just catering to people from other websites
The whole idea of discussing politics on a japanese hobby board is exactly that.
Just delete that shithole and we can all have a peaceful time with our hobby.
>>
POO IN LOO PAJEET
>>
Haha what are you even mad about? Just make your own chan if you don't want it to be too popular.
>>
>>536808
IDs were supposed to discourage samefagging, but with all the ways around it shitposters have it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>536810
Dumb weeb.
There are politics boards on the japanese chans too.
>>
>/pol/ ---- again
Just turn all flags to jidf again and everyone will be happy.
>>
>>536820
Samefagging is part of anonymous posting. It always has been, it still is on every other board. It's actually still a problem on boards with IDs because of phoneposting. People who whine about samefagging are people from other sites with user IDs that don't know how to deal with it. And as you said, it doesn't work. It only gives the illusion that you can ID someone, making users post in a non-anonymous mindset. This only attracts refugee undesirables from other sites that refuse to assimilate to 4chan culture.
>>
>>536824
It's not like other sites don't have people with sockpuppet accounts.
>>
>>536825
You are completely missing the point. It is about the mindset of the poster, with the illusion that you can ID someone. There's also the fact that you have to raise post count on normal forums.
>>
>>536827
I'm not missing the point. I'm DISAGREEING with your point because you're wrong and an idiot.

I think you're comparing 4chan to something like Xeogaming Forums or Vizzedboard or whatever, and not to large places like Reddit. There are so many fucking people on Reddit that all of those usernames just blend together and it's unlikely you'll ever see the same person twice, much less remember them.
>>
>>536821
For Japanese politics. This is an ENGLISH image board, not an AMERICAN image board.
You cannot compare the lingua fucking franca language of the world to a language which is spoken in the extreme minority in one small nation, and expect a site created for the speakers of said nation not to be self interested. 4chan, on the other hand, has no localised "self" locality because we are from all over the world, something /pol/tards and by extension American teenagers, rarely seem to grasp.

Your comparison would only work if English was spoken in the extreme minority only in America, because retarded shit that is happening in Burgerland, or from a Clapistani perspective, is the extreme majority of /pol/. By this point /pol/ is basically just the butthurt rejects who couldn't handle the international banter on /int/. They're like Indians desperately trying to defend public defecation online. No one else fucking wants your ilk here- fuck off back to whatever normalfag shithole you crawled out of.
>>
>>536829
Where is 4chan hosted, anyway?
>>
>>536828
>There are so many fucking people on Reddit that all of those usernames just blend together and it's unlikely you'll ever see the same person twice, much less remember them.
Unless, you know, you do what the cancerous faggots who took over this site a handful of years ago do and linger in generals for most of the time and build up paranoid personas and attach faux identities to any anon who disagrees with them. Reddit has sub-boards for specific circle jerks. It isn't like the site is one fuck off huge board, similar to how 4chan isn't just one giant fucking /b/.
>>
>>536830
Irrelevant.
>>
>>536831
What does any of that behavior have to do with IDs?
>>
>>536825
>implying sock puppets are remotely the same

The entire point of sock puppets is the pretense that there's an identity to them. That's the complete opposite of anonymous posting where every single post has no pretense of identity at all. They're complete opposites.
>>
>>536829
4chan is an American site.
>>
>>536828
t. reddit expert
>>
>>536835
I'm saying Sock Puppets is Samefagging. It's making it look like there are two different people when in reality there's only one. They're different forms of the same problem. Your samefag issue isn't unique to 4chan and you're basically being a dumbass 12 year old who thinks that you're the only person in the world who has ever been frustrated with school before.

>>536837
I am an expert on many things.
>>
>>536839
>I'm saying Sock Puppets is Samefagging
There's a reasonable expectation of samefagging occurring on a fully anonymous website. There's a pretense of samefagging not being real when intentionally trying to create the illusion of another person.

>Your samefag issue isn't unique to 4chan
This is you missing the point entirely. You are implying that samefagging is a problem. Samefagging is normal and expected on 4chan. The fact that babies want IDs because they can't handle it just shows that they're used to dealing with websites with IDs.
>>
>>536845
>You are implying that samefagging is a problem. Samefagging is normal and expected on 4chan.
Oh, my mistake. You see, I came into this thread to reply to this person >>536824
> It's actually still a **problem** on boards with IDs because of phoneposting.

See, my reading comprehension must be a little lacking because I thought that samefagging was a problem. I guess not. Carry on, madam.
>>
>>536845
You don't have to be from a place that has one thing to want something fixed. What website exactly would people be used to not having tripfags to want to get rid of tripfags? People want tripfags gone even though they've literally always been a part of 4chan, right? So they must be from some website that doesn't have tripfags in order to want tripfags gone because they can't handle tripfags? Logic doesn't hold water.
>>
>>536844
> It's actually still a **problem** on boards with IDs because of phoneposting.
It's only a problem because people expect IDs to actually represent something. It was proposed that IDs were a solution to samefagging. The problem with IDs is not that fact that they ID someone. It's the fact that they create the pretense of being able to ID someone or being attached to an ID. This affects the way people post. For people who don't get new IDs, they feel the need to further entrench themselves. For people that can't spot samefagging behind different IDs, it only feeds to their samefag paranoia when posting on fully anonymous boards. People who do use multiple IPs to get new IDs still focus on IDs and talking to people who judge based on IDs, which is why they get new IDs in the first place, to create the pretense of a different ID. Either way, they are generally unprepared when posting on other boards to deal with how to post anonymously, and post in response to anonymous posters.

Also the post you replied to was deleted because of typos.
>>
>>536851
The post you replied to was deleted because the post you deleted was deleted and then I fixed the chain. I understood and didn't want to bring it up.
>>
>>536848
>What website exactly would people be used to not having tripfags to want to get rid of tripfags?
/b/ when it has forced anon. You do realize that use of tripfaggotry was prohibited for some time, don't you?
>>
>>536853
>/b/

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>536855
>newfag

Get out.
>>
>>536857
I'm not a newfag. I got dubs, dumbass.
>>
>>536858
>implying
>â–²
>â–² â–²
>>
>>536859
Excellent work, Anon.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be an even older oldfag and put on my trip like everybody used to. Check out my gorgeous 10 letter word.
>>
>>536861
Disregard that, I suck cocks
>>
>>536864
Oh well played... But what about THIS one!
>>
>>536866
dude wtf man
i don't want my name field to remember lightpenis XD
>>
>>536864
>>536861
Tripfags, they suck cocks.
>>
How many boards have IDs? /pol/, /soc/ and?
>>
>>536901
>cancer boards
What a coincidence.
>>
>>536901
/qst/
>>
>>536911
OK, so we have
>3 boards with IDs: /pol/, /soc/, /qst/
>3 boards with flags: /pol/, /sp/ and /int/
>>
>>536957
delet this
>>
>>536814
PAY DEBTS ALEXANDER
>>
>>537079
delet fags
>>
>>537081
i meant flags but delet fags too
>>
>>536808
>ID's are just catering to people from other websites who are not used to anonymous discussion.
Over 40 replies and nobody has told this newbie 2ch has had IDs on almost every board since 2000.
>>
>>537092
You do realize 4chan is not based on 2ch right?
>>
>>537093
What does that have to do with OP's point and mine?
>>
>>537093
Many Futaba boards show your ID or part of your IP/your hostname.
>>
>>537101
>>537098
It doesn't really matter. The problem is that you're mixing the two on one website creating two different attitudes about posting anonymously.
>>
>>537111
Then why mention Reddit at all?
>>
>>537124
Who are you referring to?
>>
>>537127
Myself
>>
>>537129
You mean Anonymous?
>>
>>537127
The OP.
>>
>>537132
Probably to trigger /pol/ and because 4chan is not 2ch or 2chan, and did not have IDs at it's inception, despite being made after 2000.
>>
>>537134
>because 4chan is not 2ch or 2chan
Fuck, we're getting nowhere.
I brought up 2ch and Futaba because the OP said IDs "are just catering to people from other websites who are not used to anonymous discussion", and even brought up 4chan's favorite boogeyman, when such a thing has existed in 2ch and Futaba since they started, and they're what 4chan are based on.
>>
>>537140
Well they weren't part of 4chan. You seem upset.
>>
>>537142
>Well they weren't part of 4chan.
Neither were image replies, did you know that?

>You seem upset.
?
>>
>>537147
And now you can do image replies on every board. IDs on the other hand currently only exist on a small handful.
>>
>>537151
I still fail to see how that's relevant to taking out IDs.
>>
>>536830
Flagfox shows various countries from america to many europeans to even sometimes south american countries.
>>
>>536808
/pol/ collectively agrees IDs are necessary.
Tough luck, retard. Go use your 0.02 collection to buy a fucking phone.
>>
>>536830

used to be fort worth texas
>>
>>537240
>/pol/
>the only board that need ids for their id hugbox
>cancer
>>
>>537240
So moots punishment (flags and IDs) wasn't really a punishment? More like an improvement of the board?
>>
>>537741
>/pol/ will defend this
keks
>>
>>537706
What do you care then? If IDs are only on /pol/ and you hate /pol/ then what are you asking for?
>>
>>537752
Because they post on other boards too.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.