[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The bait meme is fucking retarded. >I know I'm getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1390553762945.png (29 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1390553762945.png
29 KB, 625x626
The bait meme is fucking retarded.
>I know I'm getting trolled so I'm going to reply to point out how not trolled I am
It wasn't even this bad when coolface was a thing.
>>
It's a nice fish. What I hate is when somebody is obviously joking, and a person will reply with "bait" or some variant. It's like there's no such thing as simple jokes, anymore. Everything's a meme or bait or whatever.
>>
>>442662
The real problem is people thinking others are getting trolled when they really aren't. This leads to failed trolls repeating their failure because they don't understand that they failed.
>>
I see a lot of this meme on shit boards like /b/ /v/ /pol/ and /int/

It's a completely non-constructive catch-all reply that doesn't need to take the form of meme images at all. Same goes for the Triggered meme.
I think it exists just to show off your hot meme pic rather than make any point, This type of posting seems to be the peak 4chan experience for a lot of shitheads on here.

I also don't understand why calling bait only applies to trolling when fishing for any mass reaction would be "baiting" by definition.
4chan used to be so cautious about validating or dignifying OP's argument, or humouring his need for attention. Thing's had to be relevant to Anon's interest or else OP was a faggot.

I digress, bait in its-self implies implications. You can affectively troll people by implying they were trolling to begin with, by using this 9gag image.
I best explanation would be these newfriends you're using this site with who are only experienced with the cancer.
>>
>>442663
This annoys me too. It's too easy to do so people just post it without thinking.
>>
>>442663
>What I hate is when somebody is obviously joking, and a person will reply with "bait" or some variant.
I liked, one time right after the Fallout 4 trailer was shown, I said something to the effect of "I like that they're doing [MY IDEA], Todd must've been lurking the day I described it." Obviously a joke, as nobody of any standing come to /v/, and nothing anybody says on /v/ has legs or will travel beyond its walls. The only two replies I got were people taking my comment at face-value, and assuming I was the kind of person who replies to Youtube videos with "BRB pewdiepie, I need to go eat dinner."
>>
>>442662
Are you new? The bait meme was big about year (two years?) ago. It's not even posted that much anymore.

>but it's posted on my home board all the time!
Then your home board is fucking garbage.
>>
I do like the sentiment behind posting these.

>i know you're trying to get reaction/replies from me
>well, I'm going to reply with this image

There's reason for the saying "don't feed a troll" and that kind of posting completely defeats it.
>>
>>442722
>Then your home board is fucking garbage.
Yes, /vp/ is complete shit
>>
>>442797
Wow, what a shock that the board where a bunch of manchildren talk about Pokemon is fucking awful.
>>
>>442695
>4chan used to be so cautious about validating or dignifying OP's argument, or humouring his need for attention. Thing's had to be relevant to Anon's interest or else OP was a faggot.
This. I miss this mentality so much. It's never coming back. Look at me commiserating. Kill me now.
>>
>>442797
I'm not surprised. I thought you were going to say /v/ or /r9k/ though.
>>
File: youcallthisbait.jpg (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
youcallthisbait.jpg
55 KB, 625x626
>>442662
Nice bait faggot
>>
Trolling hardly even exists anymore. People either don't know how to do it right, or they post something that, even if it was done with the intention of trolling, is indistinguishable from a real opinion. Yet paranoia over trolling has never been stronger.
>>
>>442817
420chan is more or less still like this
>>
>>442865
Trolling died out because people actually became that retarded
>>
>>442865
It's pretty obvious when an OP has something in it that is well known to derail entire threads.
>>
Itt: retards who are mad people don't reply to their bait
>>
>>442908
If you read the thread then you'd know they do get replies, they're all just fishy hook memes
>>
Posting that stupid bait fish is like admitting that you got really triggered.
>>
File: 35.png (5 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
35.png
5 KB, 300x100
>>442662
Nice bait thread, cunt
>>
>>442662
>post shit
>get a (You) from the someone
>it's just a bait image
>"w-why aren't they actually replying to my bait?"
please kill yourself
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.