[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OFFICIAL BAN ANTHONY FANTANO POSTING FROM /mu/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 16
File: 1463091870350.jpg (24 KB, 712x400) Image search: [Google]
1463091870350.jpg
24 KB, 712x400
>most of the threads serve little to no purpose.
>anthony does posts don't you mistake it (self promoting his channel is evidenced by the fact that almost every new video he posts a few minutes later a thread about it is up.
>anti fantano threads also serve no purpose.

I mean look at this thread about him that was posted. people cared more about a /mu/tant with a youtube channel giving something a 10 score and half of the comments in the thread are about his gf/wife. this is not musical discussion.
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S64828163#p64832155

PLEASE NEWMOOT, GET THIS CANCER OFF OF /mu/
>>
>>529509
Agree
>>
>>529512
Agree
>>
truu
>>
agree
>>
only if can we ban pitchfork posting as well
>>
>>529552
Agree
>>
Aye
>>
Agreed, but don't post this picture ever again
I hate looking at his stupid face
>>
Fantano related discussion is the only decent content on /mu/. Stop phoneposting to make it seem like you have popular support.
>>
I agree with this. Fantano threads don't contribute to /mu/
>>
>>529509
agreed
>>
He's part of /mu/ culture, like last.fm-posting and an acceptance of tripfags. Get over it.
>>
>>530034
No he isn't, stop making things up
>>
File: 620.gif (2 MB, 332x311) Image search: [Google]
620.gif
2 MB, 332x311
>>530037
Him being memed consistently since like 2010 proves otherwise
>>
>>529509
FANTANO IS BOARD CULTURE DELT THIS
>>
Yes, it's gone on long enough

>>530034
>an acceptance of tripfags
only a tripfag would claim this
>>
agreed, gtfo bald ugly fatty
>>
>>530039
fuck off dumb tripfag
>>
>all these salty James Blake fans
kekky
>>
Agree
>>
>>530056
no you
>>
>>529509
No
>>
ayye
>>
I just cannot fathom why anyone would give a solitary fuck about some random youtube vloggers opinions.

Even if you think he is funny and entertaining, his opinions hold no more weight than any poster on /mu/ and the fact that people actually put his opinion on a pedestal is truly amazing.

Youtube vlogger comments should stay on youtube, I don't make threads on /mu/ for RayWilliamJohnson or Shane Dawson.

Its ironic that a bunch of drones love to use the word ''normie'' so much and shit on r3ddit then go ahead and let their favourite music be dictated by a one time /mu/tant with a webcam.
>>
>>530084
Fantano has written for professional publicans and worked for his local NPR affiliate. He's not just some random guy off the street. The reason people care about his opinion is because for many /mu/ posters his taste and sensibilities line-up with theirs, and he can expose them to albums they normally wouldn't listen to.
>>
File: Everythony is Connectano.gif (2 MB, 678x509) Image search: [Google]
Everythony is Connectano.gif
2 MB, 678x509
>>529509
relax
>>
>>530089
they're fucking lazy.. he only makes videos that is *in* popula culture and in with the pitchfork crowd which is in itself bad but not as bad as a singular person shilling the fuck out of his videos on fucking /mu/. the guy is cancer and shouldn't be promoted. If I and a few of my friends made review youtubes would you all be pining over my every opinion??? I think not, you would probably make fun of me. He only got where he is at by shilling the shit out of himself which is against the goddamn rules.
>>
>>530096
There's no evidence that he shills his own videos, and his taste don't necessarily aline 100% with pitchfork's. So wrong on both points. And why does the fact that he records his own videos delegitimize his opinion? If you read the "professional" pitchfork review for Bottomless Pitt the points made are far less salient and interesting than Fantano's, even I do disagree with both reviews personally. He's not as much of a dilettante as you think he is.
>>
>>530034
>and an acceptance of tripfags
Put your trip back on, faget.
>>
He looks like a faggot. I bet he thinks he's better than everyone else. You can just see it in his eyes.
>>
>>530134
the fact that he had to go ahead and copy sam hyde's shtick on his personal youtube is proof he is insecure and he wants to be seen as someone above most people so he emulates others to appeal to those that are under him.. he's a fucking con artist pretending to understand music for personal gain, everyone.. how does no one see this?
>>
>>530141
>sam hyde's shtick
today I learned that Sam Hyde invented irony
>>
>>529509
Agree
>>
Agree. All e-celebs should be banned.
>>
This is actually like half of the reason I left /mu/
>>
Mods really need to do something about the viral marketing on /mu/. The fact that Anthony Fantano, Death Grips, and Have A Nice Life successfully memed themselves into that board's culture is sad.
>>
>>530141
>how does no one see this?
I don't browse /mu/ but if your board can't recognize attention whores for what they are then it's probably mostly normalfags.
>>
Agree, pull the trigger Piglet
>>
>>530089
this and also the amount of music he listens to is way more than most of /mu/ posters. so i'd rather listen to his opinions (not that i do) than some randomass anony on /mu/.
>>
Agree, turning into vapid shitposting
>>
File: views.png (1 MB, 1678x740) Image search: [Google]
views.png
1 MB, 1678x740
When will this meme that Fantano is a /mu/ meme end? The guy has hundreds of thousands of viewers. He doesn't have to promote himself on a Taiwanese scrimshawing board
>>
>>529509
I agree
>>
>>530160
God his face is so punchable.
>>
>>529509
>/mu/
>musical discussion

what board have you been on m8?
>>
BANTHONY FANTANO HERE THE INTERNETS

SOME FARTY BASSLINES
>>
>>529509
No, censorship is bad
>>
>>530178
This. Just fucking ignore the fantano threads if they make you so mad
>>
>>530150
This
>>
Aye
>>
>>530178
dat
>>
Ban Grimes-waifufags as well and this board will be great again.
>>
Ok
>>
i'm good. Fantano threads are bout the only interesting thing about /mu/ considering the fact that no music discussion actually fucking happens and people just sit around and shit post
>>
>>530180
Use the subject title then so they can be fiiltered
>>
>>530194
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT KEK NU MALE SJW KEK GAVE LEMONADE 8/10

top tier discussion
>>
File: 1444801161297.jpg (124 KB, 902x765) Image search: [Google]
1444801161297.jpg
124 KB, 902x765
>>529608
>>
>>530282
>KEK NU MALE SJW KEK
are you sure you're old enough to be on 4chan
>>
Fantano is part of /mu/ culture. If you don't like him, get the fuck off of /mu/.
>>
>>529509
agree
>>530034
>acceptance of tripfags
get the fuck out
>>
>>529509
stop crying you pussy
>>
If Pan can be banned on /co/ I don't see why Fantano can't be banned on /mu/.
>>
>>530341
This.
Being an obnoxious, self important prick attention whore is part of being /mu/tated. If you're not a narcissistic normalfag, you have no business being in /mu/.
>>
>>529509
Agree

>>530389
Fuck off, /mu/ is supposed to be about discussing music, not any of this autistic board culture you think is is. I swear you high school memelords ruin everything
>>
File: 1458419503800.png (237 KB, 588x434) Image search: [Google]
1458419503800.png
237 KB, 588x434
>people defending the melonman
>>
File: 1460773149226.jpg (2 MB, 1200x5314) Image search: [Google]
1460773149226.jpg
2 MB, 1200x5314
This has been a thing since at least 2014.
>>
agree
>>
I agree
>>
>>529509
support
>>
>>529509
Agreed

>>530158
He's basic bitch as fuck, though, I don't know what genres he's actually familiar with outside of the most entry-level stuff, besides maybe hip-hop
>>
>>530341
fuck off fantano. You are a fucking plebian.
>B-but muh board culture
>>
agree
>>
Agree
>>
>>529509
I doubt this will actually be enforced, but I wholeheartedly support this. I could go the rest of my life without seeing some 15 year old kid with a Cal Chuchesta pic greentexting on YouTube vids, thank you very much.
>>
Yes please ban discussion of him
>>
File: fantano shooter-uscb2015.jpg (24 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
fantano shooter-uscb2015.jpg
24 KB, 650x400
agree.

i dont like discussions featuring schools shooters on my /mu/
>>
File: MPP Fantano.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
MPP Fantano.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
Agree
>>
>>529509
Don't be mad that he memed himself to the top.
>>
File: 8989.jpg (59 KB, 462x617) Image search: [Google]
8989.jpg
59 KB, 462x617
>>531004
>underaged melonshit can't comprehend that people don't like his meme critic
>>
I support this this 100%
>>
agree
>>
>>531017
Man, were not samefagging. Is it really that hard for you to believe that people don't like fantano? Why are you defending him so vehemently? It's not like he'll stop making his reviews if he's banned from /mu/, you'll only lose your autismal meme threads
>>
retards
>>
I agree, Fantano-posting should be illegal
>>
>>530580
>Fuck off, /mu/ is supposed to be about discussing music, not any of this autistic board culture you think is is.
Hey autismo, the comment you responded to was clearly fucking sarcastic. Here is it again, this time read it real slow:

>Being an obnoxious, self important prick attention whore is part of being /mu/tated. If you're not a narcissistic normalfag, you have no business being in /mu/.

If you think that wasn't anything aside taking the piss, you may be retarded.
>>
>>531029
Hi, gene!
>>
>>531017
>>
>>531017
>>531004
pathetic
>>
agree
>>
For those too new on /mu/ to remember (i.e. 99.99% of the userbase) Fantano directly got his fame through /mu/.

How did this happen? Simple:

In 2010 YouTube was doing a spotlight for "new interesting channels" where one could vote for who they thought was the Best New YouTubber. You see at this stage Mr. Melon was a lowly Pizzaman with a webcam who vlogged on his opinions about p4k albums that (at the time) /mu/ liked, plus he was quite into 4chan, so the combination was perfect. He'd make threads about his videos asking "What do you think?" and because /mu/ was relatively unknown at the time users hailed him as a chamption of the people and would proxy vote for him to get the number one (like the Tokyo Hotel v MBV fiasco) and he eventually won.

So then what happened? Well with the thousands of extra views he got Fagtano decided the nerds at /mu/ no longer served him purpose but he was still unstable in the proportions of views per video so he dropped not-so-subtle hints that "I'm in on the sekrit joek guis" which would lead to hundreds of newfriends questioning to this day "Is he a 4Channer".

This was up until 2 years ago when Fatano realsised "I have enough stable hits from people outside of 4chan to need those idiots that have helped me; an idiot vlogger with a webcam, to gain e-fame" so flip-flopped and started to shun his /mu/ roots and would act even more high and mighty and pander to more to the "ironic" crowd who were "hip to 4chan".

So, tl;dr: ban this self-spamming asshat from /mu/ to rid it of one of the cancers plaguing the board.

Oh and to any Fanta fans who will try and deny this; realise you are doing his job for him and he could care less about you other than the fact you give him undeserved views.
>>
Agree
>>
>>529509
agreed
>>
>>529509
Agree
>>
>>530160
he often posts screenshots from his videos before the video goes online
he also replied to threads on his twitter
there's literally no question he posts on /mu/
>>
>>529509
Only if we ban Kpop as well
>>
>>529509
Agree
>>
>>531661
this

it's blatant waifufagging and 0 music discussion, ever
>>
well what do you know? a fucking bullshit thread about nothing just got posted
>>>/mu/64900496
>>
>>529509
agree
>>
>>531677
they actually deleted it the absolute madmen
>>
if mods/janitors are actually reading this thread, can you do something about the 100 chart threads up at a time
also the 'check out my band/song/remix' threads that aren't posted in the soundcloud/bandcamp generals
place is a mess
>>
>>529509
agree
>>
>>531600
>This was up until 2 years ago when Fatano realsised "I have enough stable hits from people outside of 4chan to need those idiots that have helped me; an idiot vlogger with a webcam, to gain e-fame" so flip-flopped and started to shun his /mu/ roots and would act even more high and mighty and pander to more to the "ironic" crowd who were "hip to 4chan".
I'm not too sure about this. He still claims to love /mu/ whenever someone in the comments of one of his videos trashes the board and he pretty much laughed at any one of his fans who got offended when they thought he actually said "no one cares you anime fag", knowing full well it was /mu/'s doing.

Then again, this was all before Chris Harper Mercer.
>>
I've always thought fantano was okay. Just okay. His opinion has the same value as ours: Cause it's just an opinion.
>>
File: 1456714798015.jpg (83 KB, 862x862) Image search: [Google]
1456714798015.jpg
83 KB, 862x862
>>529509
>you will never be this buttblasted about a meme reviewer on youtube
>>
Agree
>>
Ban this bald faggot already
>>
agree
>>
Agree, though I would take it a step further and ban any mother fucker who decides to show their pasty face or cat and spam it non-stop.
>>
Not only that, but his red pill videos often turns his threads into /pol/ vs tumblr
>>
>>530039
Also please ban Montie. He's one of the most obnoxious tripfags on /mu/ and he's confirmed under 18.
>>
>>530706
missing that car seat faggot

he spammed his way onto matador
>>
Agree
>>
Agree baby
>>
if this thread isn't enough we can use this poll I just created. if anybody lurking see's this, please vote.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10227503
>>
File: youtube forums.png (110 KB, 1122x430) Image search: [Google]
youtube forums.png
110 KB, 1122x430
>music
>>
>>530039
I approve this message.
>>
>>532742
You could say the same thing of every thread about Grimes, half the threads about Thom Yorke, and a few others. /mu/ is only like 35% music discussion.
>>
>>532748
actual musicians
>>
File: 1460491501420.png (65 KB, 297x308) Image search: [Google]
1460491501420.png
65 KB, 297x308
>>529509
if you're gonna ban ecelebs from /mu/ then all the ecelebs have to leave /v/ and /tv/ too
only dealing with one board doesn't make any sense
RLM shitposting or fucking Matthewmatosis threads are just as bad, except their content is even worse than Fantano's
>>
>>529509
Agree
>>
>>529509
disagree
>>
>>532754
that doesn't make a difference lol
>>
he gave death grips a 10

agree
>>
This isn't /q/
Fuck off back to your entry level plebeian shithole
>>
>>532780
Because the balls are inert.
>>
Bantango Bantango Bantango Bantango
>>
I agree.
>>
File: duplicates.jpg (618 KB, 1819x955) Image search: [Google]
duplicates.jpg
618 KB, 1819x955
sort out the 500 duplicate threads that are constantly up wasting space
this is just a portion of the catalog
>>
this desu
>>
File: dicks the cat.png (81 KB, 185x209) Image search: [Google]
dicks the cat.png
81 KB, 185x209
>>533605
>bandcamp and soundcloud are the same website
>tapmusic and topsters are the same website
>>
>>532774
>only dealing with one board doesn't make any sense

that's the argument for getting rid of viral marketing, you dense fuck. /v/ got rid of it; why hasn't /mu/?
>>
>>529509
His videos bring about new threads here because people who watch his shit also post here, dumbass. It's not a conspiracy.
>>
agreed

also hes a terrible person
https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/686024199983464449
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.