[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What offends you on 4chan? Be honest. Someone just posted pics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: sadboy.png (617 KB, 897x714) Image search: [Google]
sadboy.png
617 KB, 897x714
What offends you on 4chan? Be honest.

Someone just posted pics of dead American soldiers on /pol/ and that deeply disturbed me.
>>
>>526225
People who don't have the stomach to be here.

Fuck off you weak cunt.
>>
>>526227
>People who don't have the stomach to be here.
>juding the entirety of this website based on the most extreme

The edge is extreme in this /b/tard.
>>
>>526225
nothing really offends me

say whatever or post whatever
>>
>>526229
/diy/ actually, but we all came from /b/, and if you didn't, you have no right to complain about the dark shit that happens here. You are but a tourist with no understanding of the fabric of the city.
>>
>>526236
And for the record, beheading videos with sound always fuck with me, but you know what? I watch them anyway, to remind me how dark the world can actually be, and how comparatively good I have it. I'm certainly not going to cry on /qa/ about it.
>>
>>526225
Hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.
The same thing which offends me about people in general.

それとも、generals. I really don't like how they and those generalfags have negatively impacted the boards they persist on. They act as vacuums which suck in outsiders who do not care for the board proper and it promotes a general lack of respect or care for the greater board. I guess you could compare it to financial refugees who illegally find their way into wealthy nations, subsist off tax payer funded welfare and refuse to adapt to the society they find themselves within.
I guess that also falls within a sense of hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty, as a general modus operandi of those involved in the hiveminds within the generals. Not everyone who uses generals are like that, though they are really the extreme minority and their presence is usually seen as an offence, even if they are "natives" of the given board the general resides within and happen to take an interest with the general topic of discussion and naturally find themselves popping in from time to time. Those individuals are usually there for the actual topic as opposed to the generalfags who fester there to defend their artificially constructed sub-community and spend more time shitposting with meta drama merely as a means to keep the thread alive.
>>
>>526236
>>526240

You described how I watch it. I have feelings. I'm not autistic. It doesn't mean I won't go through a gore thread. It just means I can have a wider perspective on them beyond what I would have years ago. I pitied that Canadian that was recently beheaded, for example. And an image of dead American soldiers bothers me. It doesn't mean I won't look at it. It doesn't mean I blame the uploader or want it removed. It just means that that's an offensive situation and that sparked some of those feelings in me.

I'm just curious as to what gets posted here that people here would be bothered by.
>>
>>526241
The community sticks together. Those who only stay on general threads are only seen in those general threads. That's the only community they care about. They dip in and out of 4chan. I can't see why one should be offended by it. It just shows the flexibility of this site.
>>
>>526240
I've been in a fair few wrecked threads in my decade or so here and have a rather similar mindset as yourself. A lot of the shit I've seen, often external but prompted from something inevitably posted on /b/, has lingered in my mind for years, not in a positive way, but at least it has provided a sort of perspective of how life can be for many people in real terms living in less modern countries.

It is one of those things which are probably hard to explain to an outsider who hasn't spent, well, probably too much of their life on 4chan. A close family member was once absolutely disgusted by the fact that I was familiar with the ISIS beheading clips, for example. Sure, people are content with seeing something on the news and emotionally responding to it but they aren't comfortable with the idea of facing the actuality of that emotional kneejerk. I mean, if you're going to be disgusted by something and get angry over it from the comfort of your lounge in front of the idiot box, why not push your comfort zone a tiny bit more and at least experience to a larger extent of the imagery and a sense of context of that which are you responding to? I mean, at least we have the fortuitous situation of being able to be privy to these acts from a very safe distance.

People didn't like the Vietnam War being broadcast in a similar way, I guess.
>>
The sad thing is that if you phrased the question as, "What annoys you on 4chan?", people would have no problem admitting. So many people here get offended by the word offended.

I don't know if this is how it's phrased, but what offends me is when people don't meter out their words properly. Like, when people are just having a normal argument over something, and then someone comes in and launches a full-on, vociferous tirade. Or, if one person is being civil and respectful, and the other is just unnecessarily mean and insulting. The key-word being "unnecessarily". I see it a lot here. People wanting to dominate/subjugate others. Yeah, it happens in real-life, but there are some rules against it.
A good example, in this thread, of the type of person I don't like is >>526227. No reason to type like that.
>>
>>526243
>The community sticks together.
They generally "stick together" in the same sense than a hive of bees stick together, attacking all outsiders, trying to claim the patch of the given board as their own. This isn't a traditional BBS forum and that isn't how 4chan functions. It is extremely arrogant and antagonistic to do so. Boards are for everyone.
>Those who only stay on general threads are only seen in those general threads.
They also act as a gateway for outsiders to the rest of the board, but without the natural process of lurking and adaptation. You see this on /a/ and it is a highly destructive process.
>That's the only community they care about.
They often spend days, weeks, months bitching about internal meta drama and making it impossible for the people who actually want to discuss the topic to do so. This drama bullshit is only possible due to the persistence of the threads.

>I can't see why one should be offended by it.
Some of us have principles.
>It just shows the flexibility of this site.
No, it shows that when you try to use something in the manner in which it wasn't designed for, it creates issues. Trying to hammer in a screw doesn't illustrate the inflexibility of the hammer nor the screw, it shows the ignorance and stubbornness of the user.
>>
>>526225
Nothing has offended me, but that video of the brick flying through the windshield on the highway has scarred me forever.
>>
>>526243
>>>/a/141316049
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/141338202/

Have a look at the pseudo makoda generals and DJT, which someone has made a thread about on /qa/ at the moment. Two fine examples of generals on /a/ which really contract your entire gesture of any community or cohesion.
>>
>>526257
I've always had a perspective that there was a bigger picture even if there were feuds inside of a board. There's /a/ with their shitposting and feuds, and the prevailing sense of community beyond all of that. The mods are like bottom feeders filtering the pool, and 4chan itself is just a medium that remains neutral throughout it all.
>>
honestly pretty tired with the serious racism and misogyny on here desu
>>
>>526236
Wew. Someone didnt masturbate today. Why dont you diy up a gf so youll calm the fuck down. Whiny fucking queer.
>>
>>526723
I wouldn't say that kind of stuff offends me, but it does upset me how obliviously retarded so many can be.
>>
>>526747
I comes with the landscape t b h. Most users are easily impressionable, asocial teenagers or neets who lack social interactions. Have a community of actual racists/misogynists immigrate here and spread their views, and boom suddenly it's the norm.
>>
/pol/ suppressing discussion of anything remotely leftist. I just want to make fun of how retarded Trump posters are.
>>
>>526225
I get offended at people claiming street fighter is the best fighting game and people acting like sony is the holy saint of videogames.
>>
>>526757
Don't worry anon. Most people with more than 3 brain cells know how fucking retarded Trump supporters are. We just ignore them. Just know that you aren't alone.
>>
>>526768
What a fucking faggot
>>
>>526769
You can't expect more from a horsefucker
>>
>>526772
I can't disagree with the way my statement turned out, but honestly I was just trying to reply to my own post.
>>
>>526225
I think the only thing that's offended me on 4chan in like the last 3 years was some guy who posted pictures of dog mutilation and was sincerely and unironically arguing with people about how animal abuse or torture was justified, or they deserved it, or some inane crap like that.

But even then it wasn't really so "offensive" because I know people like that exist, and I also know that they are pretty much universally hated. Even in prison amongst inmates they're likely to get beaten to death out of hate.
>>
>>526774
Wasn't offended, but I once got into a very heated and disturbing argument with a guy that claimed, with complete sincerity, that when he fucked his dog it was 100% consensual and that it wouldn't be considered animal abuse if taken to court.
>>
>>526727
Wew. Someone didnt masturbate today. Why dont you diy up a gf so youll calm the fuck down. Whiny fucking queer.
>>
>>526225
>Someone just posted pics of dead American soldiers on /pol/ and that deeply disturbed me.
They're not soldiers, they're mercenaries. Welfare mercenaries. Fighting wars they have no cause to fight. Dumb fucking frogposter.
>>
>>526225
Cheese pizza
>>
File: 1395309664440.jpg (52 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
1395309664440.jpg
52 KB, 300x275
>>526225

>cross board arguments
>muh /pol/ posters on muh boards
>everything about /s4s/
>lazy mods
>mods with private agendas for being mods
>our new master keeps adding random stupid boards
>we never go and rape other sites anymore
>board elitism
>>
>>527151
follow up on my post

>most of /qa/ is like yelling into an abyss because we all know no mods or anyone else come here.

Really it's just muh /a/ is shit kill it or muh /pol/ is shit kill it. Only reason I come here is because every now and again we get a fair thread where we get along for awhile.
>>
>>527160
Usually because the people from the other two examples you gave got bored of pushing their agenda and left the board for a while.
>>
>>527160
>>most of /qa/ is like yelling into an abyss because we all know no mods or anyone else come here.
There are tons of mods and jannies here. They just don't listen to stupid suggestions.
Whenever a thread is made about a rule-breaking thread on an unmoderated board here, it gets deleted within a few minutes.
>>
people who say to delete /pol/. It triggers me so hard. I feel ashamed at how trolled I get at the mere mentioning of deleting my home board.
>>
>>527169
They also are very quick to do things like changing the post timer when people come up with a good idea for it.
>>
>>526225
The whole "wife's son" thing that /pol/ and /v/ have going on.

I actually have a "wife's daughter", as in a little girl I took in when I married a woman whose daughter's worthless biological father got himself shot dead trying to steal someone's Nikes.
>>
>>526225
Grown men who watch cartoons
>>
>>527201
You sure are easy to offend.
>>
>>526225
I'm ashamed to admit that the unionic casual racism and sexism once in a blue moon get to me. But only because I'm black and there are women in my life I deeply respect.
>>
Un-ironical political correctness. "White privilege" and "male privilege" used as serious terms.
>>
>>526241
Your japanese symbols offends me. Dumb elitist weeb.
You should be banned for posting indecipherable text (GR3).
>>
>>527201
People who are offended by anime offend me.
>>
>>527296
You offend me times 10. So it is you who should be ban
>>
>>527169
>be me
>4chan mod
>never bother to look at reports
>everyone knows only faggots do that
>pissing away time and decide to shitpost /qa/
>see thread entirely devoted to a single post
>realize g00k may yell at me if I don't fix it
>>
>>527553
>g00k
Reported for GR3, enjoy getting banned by the mods.
>>
>>526256
Oh God this. Fuck that video so much.
>>
>>526225
Tripfags and people that try to force memes.
>>
Rugby (aka handegg aka cuckhomoball aka sweaty mangrab) threads being allowed on /sp/ despite having an entire board (/asp/) dedicated to niche """sports""" that no G20 nation cares about.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.