[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I just wanted to pop in to say that I feel like /a/ is generally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 23
File: 1418112644913.gif (550 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
1418112644913.gif
550 KB, 728x720
Hey I just wanted to pop in to say that I feel like /a/ is generally just fine, and wouldn't really do anything drastic to change it.

It's always had people bitching on both sides, either about normalfag/crossboarder/reddit boogeymen or people bitching about /a/'s elitism.

I don't feel like it's gotten worse or better. It's just /a/.
>>
>>517909
You are a cute person.
>>
/qa/ really needs to be deleted.
>>
>>517909
Well look at that, a sensible weeb. Good to hear, /a/non. What do you say about the weeb friends who want to make a new anime general board?
>>
>>517923
What "weebs" have you been talking to that have a different opinion from the OP?
>>
>>517916
Who the fuck cares? The mods don't listen to all the /qa/ whining. Especially not yours. Frankly, it's shameful that people have the time to sit around on /qa/ saying "ugh delete this board" when the board has influenced nothing. Why the fuck do you care so much?
>>
>>517909
Kawaii text is kawaii.
>>
>>517928
All I'm seeing is you giving more reasons to delete /qa/
>>
>>517923
>What do you say about the weeb friends who want to make a new anime general board?
I think that's a very drastic thing to do and would have negative repercussions.
>>
>>517932
Because you're so fucking self-centered that you're blind to anything that doesn't further your own ambitions.
>>
>>517956
and you learned all that about me because I want /qa/ to be deleted?
>>
/a/ is a worthless pile of shit and I hope everybody who posts there gets banned from 4chan and from real life. It is a hilarious joke that weeb manchildren have legal protection and you cannot murder them for sport.
>>
File: 575910.png (82 KB, 293x247) Image search: [Google]
575910.png
82 KB, 293x247
>>518062
You seem like a very unpleasant person anon.
>>
>>518066
i was only teasing you qt anon

*kisses your cheek and ruffles your hair*
>>
File: 1461911102431.jpg (51 KB, 415x411) Image search: [Google]
1461911102431.jpg
51 KB, 415x411
>>518069
T-thanks. Y-you too.
>>
>>518075
I want to make you my slave. I'll put my cock in your butt and then you'll go limp and start to moan as you splay out into the bed sheets. It'll be really cute to watch, especially when I'm squeezing your butt and listening to your moans peak and ebb as I thrust deep into your bottom.
>>
File: 1425622193825.jpg (17 KB, 213x268) Image search: [Google]
1425622193825.jpg
17 KB, 213x268
>>518077
Whoa there. We've only just now decided on being friends.
>>
>>518081
There's no point in dancing around it, I feel a connection with you and I want to make you mine. Pretending to be only interested in you as a friend would just lend to misunderstandings.
>>
>>517971
>learned

Please, don't flatter yourself. You're easier to read than a children's book.
>>
File: 1329186634222.png (262 KB, 457x380) Image search: [Google]
1329186634222.png
262 KB, 457x380
>>518082
I think it's pretty clear we've already reached a misunderstanding mister.
>>
File: 1456766657678.jpg (28 KB, 310x346) Image search: [Google]
1456766657678.jpg
28 KB, 310x346
>>518069
>>518075
>>518077
>>518081
>>518082
Please pay a visit to this thread to realize you're despised everywhere, you disgusting homosexual pieces of human trash: >>517169
>>
File: 1418352413358.png (757 KB, 755x544) Image search: [Google]
1418352413358.png
757 KB, 755x544
>>518095
I'm not gay anon. Nor am I ERPing. I'm posting cute girl reaction images.
>>
>>518093
How so? You're going to have to be explicit, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.
>>
File: 1421470006377.png (50 KB, 178x162) Image search: [Google]
1421470006377.png
50 KB, 178x162
>>518097
I think you should cut it out anon. You're upsetting the new normalfag userbase apparently. We have to cater 4chan to them you know.
>>
>>518097
I'll be explicit. CUNT! FUCK! SHIT! DICK!
>>
>>518120
*makes an embarrassing sucking noise while giving you head and then glances up in embarrassment*
>>
File: 8458753.jpg (251 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
8458753.jpg
251 KB, 1280x720
I don't watch anime, but never complain or whine about it or people posting anime reaction images/webm's, but I can't stand the console wars on /v/. They're so violent and hateful.
>>
File: 1425821902983.gif (87 KB, 209x172) Image search: [Google]
1425821902983.gif
87 KB, 209x172
>>518126
/v/ is a shithole dude. I say this as someone who loves vidya, it will never get better. It's userbase is almost as large as /b/. You're much, much better off mentally and emotionally by just never going back. I stopped going and I do not miss it at all.
>>
>>518126
/v/ went to shit when off topic threads started getting deleted. Who the fuck wants to talk about VIDEO GAMES? What kind of fucking loser is over eighteen and plays games or gives a shit about console wars? Just stop moderating it and let it become work safe /b/ again, it'll be much better that way.

Anime is shit by the way you aren't missing out on anything.
>>
>>518145
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>518156
You're a fucking manchild. Play your video games and watch your anime but shut the fuck up when actual men talk about actual things.
>waaah report report report
You're a faggot. Learn to deal with outside perspective.
>>
>>518157
Hey can I join in on Man Talk?
>>
>>518157
No, you're literally saying people on the video game board shouldn't talk about video games. That's fucking stupid, and one of the reasons the board is shit. Fuck you. I hate you.
>>
>>518164
Hey tripfriend, I'm gonna have you lay down on a bed, straddle your legs, and then squeeze your big soft butt cheeks, one after the other, and then I'll go in for some analingus, getting my tongue as deep into your butthole as possible.

>>518165
>it's off topic!
Who gives a shit the threads are better than most
>>
>>518169
*blushes uncontrollably* a-anon...
>>
>>518169
>Who gives a shit the threads are better than most
You'll have to enlighten me anon. I come from /a/. We don't allow feels threads or blogshit. How are off topic threads anything but complete cancer?
>>
>>518174
>I come from /a/.
Thanks for telling me so I don't have to talk to you anymore because I know you're a retard.

>>518171
I'm going to go jogging with you and then when we come back to our apartment I'll strip off your shorts and bury my face into your sweaty, stinky crevice, inhaling deeply and feeling my cock throb and fill with blood, and then I'll eat out your boypussy as I continue filling my nostrils with your musk. I'm getting especially hard thinking about smelling and sucking your sweaty penis.
>>
>>518181
Why are you even in this thread? You are literally everything wrong with this fucking website.
>>
>>518186
*slaps your butt and then kisses it*
Go get em tiger

You'll clean up 4chan for real one day
>>
>>518186
You leave him alone!
>>
>>518181
>18181
nice
>>
>>518188
I'm OP. I have a small feeling like you've not even read the topic of the thread. I saying nothing should be changed on /a/. Why are you derailing and also being very rude?
>>
>>518191
Fuck off tripfag.
>>
>>518191
Be my tripfag boyfriend

>>518195
Your thread doesn't call for a departure from the status quo so it doesn't have a valid reason to exist. You should be arguing with people bitching about or asking to change /a/, not making your own thread that doesn't really say anything. Anyways, it's /qa/, who cares
>>
>>518199
Such beautiful dubs m'lad
>>
>>518205
Thank you qt

Even if you dodge the question now I'll make you my bf one day
>>
>>518206
Catch me if u can ;^)
>>
>>518210
You're mine

I'm gonna get you and squeeze you up against my chest real tight
>>
>>518215
Don't make promises you can't keep
>>
>>518217
>implying I can't keep it
At this point you're already fishing for my replies like a good little slut. We'll be moving in together and kissing in two weeks
>>
>>518219
I've had my heart broken so many times, i just can't go through that again
>>
File: 1421471150619.jpg (154 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1421471150619.jpg
154 KB, 840x700
>>518219
>>518217
>>518215
>>518210
>>518206
>>518205
>>518199
I don't necessarily care for you two very much at all.
>>
>>518223
Hey bby whats ur name
>>
>>518222
Don't lose hope in people. I want to follow through for you.

>>518223
I'm sorry to hear that anon, I really value your companionship. Do you have something pertinent to the thread to say?
>>
>>518225
Alright Dave, who knows, maybe this thing is just crazy enough to work
>>
>>518225
>I really value your companionship
I want you to swan dive into a wood chipper.
>>
Kinda feel bad for OP. His thread got fucked and he seemed like a cool enough guy.
>>
>>518227
What's your rough location?

>>518230
I hope you don't mean that. That's an awfully hateful thing to say. If you really do mean that I feel sorry for you because I want everybody to have a good life and I pity people with hatred in their hearts. Have a good life anon, I love you and will never reject you or say you aren't good enough.
>>
>>518233
East coast. I agree with what you said to that anon also. Holding on to hatred is the worst. I learned a long time ago that it's important to let that stuff go. You just end up hurting yourself when you live with hate in your heart.
>>
>>518236
>East coast
Okay it isn't happening. I hope you keep looking and find somebody to spend your life with. Don't lose hope.
>>
>>518239
I can't say I'm surprised. Why do we play these foolish games
>>
>>518243
If you get lucky it could be worth it. Better to try and go through some emotional turmoil than stagnate and wind up looking back on nothing. Don't give up qt tripfriend.

*pecks you on your cheek and then walks away with really short steps so my butt wiggles a lot*
>>
>>518245
*tips gold-rimmed bolo hat*
>>
File: 1340138229502.png (105 KB, 293x252) Image search: [Google]
1340138229502.png
105 KB, 293x252
>>517909
Lower the bump limit to 250 posts, make all threads autosage after 6 hours, disable the catalog, find a way to break the unofficial catalogs, DDoS the archives until they've all shut down, ban the very concept of general threads.
Wordfilter tumblr and imgur filenames and hand out three day bans to everyone who tries to post an image with one. Permanently ban from /a/ everyone who posts on a normalfag board. Permanently ban everyone who publicly admits to having seen less than 300 anime or who publicly admits to watching less than 10 anime a season. Permanently ban everyone who supports streaming, dubs, and localizations.

This isn't drastic, right?
>>
>>518273
>Lower the bump limit to 250 posts, make all threads autosage after 6 hours, disable the catalog, find a way to break the unofficial catalogs, DDoS the archives until they've all shut down, ban the very concept of general threads.

They actually should do all these.
>>
>>518273
That would have negative repercussions. I don't endorse that.

The only change I would make is to possibly lengthen the time allowed between posting. Oh and not really just /a/, but I would ban tripfags entirely. They are literally all scum.
>>
>>518273
>disable the catalog
Why?
>>
>>518283
I really would love a "new IPs must wait 5 minutes before posting" just so that people can't keep pulling this airplane mode bullshit so easily.
>>
>>518286
That would actually be kind of neat. You have to lurk for at least 5 minutes before posting.
>>
>>518286
Why only 5 minutes?

This could easily be several hours without affecting anybody but phone posters and ban evaders.
>>
>>518286
>>518288
>>518305
I think you guys kind of misunderstood what I was meaning. I meant having people wait several minutes before posting again. Slow down the board a bit, and make people carefully consider what they type.

Although I do rather like the idea of a mandatory lurk period for new IPs though. Didn't think about that.
>>
>>518311
I understood, I was just saying an interesting side-effect is mandatory lurking. So shitposters actually might have to read the board or thread a bit before responding.
>>
>>518316
Oh I got it then. I'm still not sure about some of the things the tripfag (It could be you've removed the trip, I don't know) said though. Why would someone want to remove access to the catalog? Some of his other suggestions seem good too, but would honestly have negligible results, while I outright disagree with some of them.
>>
>>518285
Catalog is the single worst thing to have happened to this site. I'd rather have ten more Chanologies and twenty more Gamergates than the catalog. It fundamentally changed how people interact on this site, how they make and post in threads. It literally turned 4chan into a forum. It's also the biggest reason why general thread culture is a thing, catalog view literally encourages creation of general threads and ghettoization of community into a hundred different subcommunities that no longer interact with one another.
>>
>>518398
*comes up behind you, grinds crotch on your waist, and shoves a finger up your bum while you bite your lip*
I disagree qt. The catalog allows posters to quickly navigate to the threads they're interested in, instead of having to wade through fast threads that stick to the first page. It makes it much easier to maintain slow, niche threads, as your thread is more likely to receive attention if it isn't on page one, and it also transports people knowledgeable and interested in certain topics exactly to where they want to be. You may be right in saying that the index builds a more cohesive board identity, but the catalog makes 4chan more entertaining and effective for genuine discussions.
>>
>>518273
>Lower the bump limit to 250 posts
>make all threads autosage after 6 hours
Congratulations, you've forced people to make at least twice as many threads for the shows they're watching. Since you completely removed the catalogs as well, good luck trying to find absolutely anything about any show you're watching in that fast as fuck board without being allowed to use anything other than page view.
>>
Threads should always automatically be on autosage mode, and you have to post a specific keyword in the options field to make the post bump the thread. It should be an option that only starts being effective after you've posted at least five posts with the same IP in the thread. If you ever switch IP, even if you revert back, you have to contribute five posts again. And if you do use the bump option, it should be visible to all, so that they can see that you thought that your post had something noticeable to say or was contributing highly enough to put the thread on the first page.
Combined with the idea of having new IP beings forced to wait five minutes before they can start posting new threads or make any posts at all, and you'd have people being forced to lurk and read a lot more.
>>
>>518602
>you have to post a specific keyword in the options field to make the post bump the thread
This is a fantastic idea. Retards with no idea what they're doing won't bump threads, so really shitty threads won't stay alive as long.

>And if you do use the bump option, it should be visible to all, so that they can see that you thought that your post had something noticeable to say or was contributing highly enough to put the thread on the first page.
Disagree with this. It should be invisible so new posters have to lurk a bit more before they realize it even exists. Also, if it's visible, there will come a point where people will bitch if you don't do it and it will be near pointless.
>>
>>518603
But then you could report those who use the bump option for every post after it has been activated for shitposting, and you'd have other users discuss, criticize, or ask the poster why he thought that his post was bump-worthy according to his opinion. To not deal with that hassle and getting banned regularly for bump-abuse, posters would have to try to post content of high quality to the best of their abilities.
>>
>>518614
*penis softens in disappointment*
That is even worse than it is now. When you bump a thread, that shouldn't reflect on the quality of your post, it should reflect on the quality of the thread you're posting in. If a thread is good and it's about to die, by all means you should bump it. You'll start a bunch of stupid bickering and pointless reports.
>>
>>518616
If a thread is good, it will have continuous discussion from users interested in the topic trying to keep it alive with good contributions instead of shitposts. Also, pointless reports would still remain an offense that earns you a warning or a ban for abusing it as it still does now. Those who try to derail a thread by goading the poster who used the bump option into pointlessly nitpicking and justifying the bump instead of trying to focus on the content quality of the post will remain shitposters that can then also be reported.
>>
>>518617
>it will have continuous discussion from users interested in the topic trying to keep it alive with good contributions instead of shitposts
No. Browse boards other than /a/. Threads about older, more obscure things or threads that require high effort responses like greentext threads struggle to stay alive and require interested people bumping them to keep them afloat amidst faster, formulaic garbage that most people on 4chan have proven they will consistently respond to.

>Those who try to derail a thread by goading the poster who used the bump option into pointlessly nitpicking and justifying the bump instead of trying to focus on the content quality of the post will remain shitposters that can then also be reported
You are encouraging people of doing roughly that though. It will be an annoying grey area, and will be particularly harmful on a shitheap like /a/ where everybody is trying to prove how they're a jaded oldfag tired of all the current shitposting.
>>
>>518623
Then perhaps other places are better for keeping obscure topics alive than 4chan. Some posters for example use the ghost function of the varied 4chan archive-sites for such a purpose.
>>
>>518636
Making bump manual would improve things but you want to do other things for no good reason that will make things worse. I don't want to talk about the same shit on 4chan all the time.

*starts tickling you all over and then pushes you down and starts sucking on your toes*

Cya later cute anonymous friend.
>>
If bumps are made manual It needs to be visible that the poster bumped the thread. More so than the thread simply going to the front page.
>>
I think it would be interesting if your first post in a thread didn't bump it, and if you could only bump a thread once every three posts over 5 words long. In the end, what's really needed is a userbase that will only post when they actually have something interesting and relevant to say. None of those terrible and worthless 3 word responses to keep a dead thread alive. I mean, if you actually liked what a thread was about, you would make decent posts that are actually worth someone's time, or simply let it die. Generals would be much less of an issue as well.

Basically:
Post less. Read and think more.

Unfortunately, critical thinking and showing basic levels of respect seems to be too difficult for many people here.
>>
>>518668
Why? Better to not make it obvious to newfags.

>>518688
>Generals would be much less of an issue as well.
No. Generals are populated by usually smaller groups of people replying to each other a lot, not people popping in for single replies. Some generals have posts with few words, but not all of them do. Making the first thread not bump posts will cut down on roll threads and other similar garbage though.

>In the end, what's really needed is a userbase that will only post when they actually have something interesting and relevant to say
Not happening. Most people on 4chan reply to things that are easy to reply to. The best way to get replies is to post something people hate so they'll barge in and say they hate it and start having flame wars. Not all boards have decent moderation, and you will find many boards where nearly copy pasted threads continually get a ton of replies, largely voicing opinions you've seen thirty times before.

>None of those terrible and worthless 3 word responses to keep a dead thread alive
Posting "bump" is fine. It isn't a waste of your time because it's one word. On 4chan, about 60% of threads are dead. You would know this if you made a thread in most places unless you were filling a preexisting niche (like making a thread for a a weekly anime airing on /a/). The thread slides down the catalog, and once it is at about page five it is unlikely somebody who does not already have it open will recover it. Half of the catalog is, essentially, buffer space for people to bump the thread back to where it will attract new posters (the top of the catalog). A thread which seems dead can snowball and enjoy some period of activity if you bump it. You're only forcing people to post seven word bumps instead of one word bumps.

The best topics on 4chan are not the ones that are easy to reply to. 4chan rewards post frequency, not thread quality, and that minimizes good content and encourages garbage, including general threads.
>>
>>518697
Seven word bumps are harder to do than one word bumps, so even that would already drastically reduce the amount of low-quality posts.
>>
File: Saya.full.737643.jpg (485 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Saya.full.737643.jpg
485 KB, 1000x1000
I like /a/ a whole lot. I actually see very little of bickering and calling each other /v/ and Reddit, especially compared to other boards. People on /a/ mostly just talk about the thread topic. Maybe I'm not involved in some of the really bad fanbases or communities there, or something, but it always struck me as strange that people said anything negative about /a/ at all.

You just go there and everyone talks about what they're watching and usually you're discussing it with other people who enjoy what you're watching (that's why they're watching it) and the conversations are pretty positive for that reason. Nobody really shits on each other's taste and everyone just lets everyone else be. I mean, I could go in the Jojo general and tell them how much I dislike Jojo, but why would I bother? I think most people on /a/ have that attitude.
>>
>>518700
Whining about people bumping threads makes 4chan worse. The absolute best thing you can do for a board is go to the back of the catalog and bump good threads that are just about to die. It is a one word post, if it wasn't made you probably wouldn't be reading the thread whose quality you claim to care about, you can ignore it.

>>518702
>I actually see very little... calling each other /v/
>Nobody really shits on each other's taste and everyone just lets everyone else be
I can't tell if you're sarcastic.
>>
>>518706
Good threads ought to die with dignity after everything good and worthwhile has been written about the topic, instead of being kept artificially alive.
Also, it's not like you can never make the same thread later again anyway at a better time.
>>
>>518706
>I can't tell if you're sarcastic.

I'm really not, but maybe the shows I watch just have more chill threads or something. Most /a/ threads are just people discussing the anime, livewatching it with each other, talking about things like whether the manga is translated, generally worshipping waifus, and so on. Very rarely do I see people getting on each other's cases about perceived /v/ness or Redditness.
>>
>>518708
>after everything good and worthwhile has been written about the topic, instead of being kept artificially alive.
This is absurd. When a thread 404s its topic is not exhausted. A thread could live much longer and have much more interesting discussion if you bump it when it's about to die.

>it's not like you can never make the same thread later again anyway at a better time.
Reposting stuff over and over again is obnoxious, and longer threads generally develop deeper discussion because they accumulate viewpoints and arguments for people to discuss.
>>
>>517909
Generals and daily threads need to die.
That's the only thing /a/ needs at the moment.
>>
>>518783
I don't want to imagine an /a/ where Jojofags and SNKfags are roaming free posting in other threads.
>>
>>518798
You have got a point, but they wouldn't behave like that in the first place if there were no catalog and generals.

Before the catalog and archive days there was some kind of natural balance that made fun/interesting threads float up to page zero and leave the shit or niche threads die in the abyss of page 1 and beyond.

And, well, when there was a shitstorm, you'd get lots of threads made about that, and this was also what made it fun back then.
See: CODE GEASS CODE GEASS CODE GEASS CODE GEASS CODE GEASS CODE GEASS CODE GEASS CODE GEASS CODE GEASS CODE GEASS.

I miss these days.
>>
>>518717
The threads that do have stuff being reposted over and over again and are long are those who are being vilified as generals where nothing really happens except for the thread to be kept alive over an extended period until bump limit has been reached.
And when making new threads, you're not supposed to repeat the very same things like the last time anyway. If all the discussion members do, it means that the thread's topic really has been exhausted to the point of repetition.
>>
>>518817
How does this conflict with anything I said? Why do you think I was implying slow, niche threads are prone to reposts (which is untrue), or that it is good if you copypaste an OP repeatedly?
>>
>>518823
If the thread's going slowly, try to repost the topic at another time. Or come up with a better thread topic that allows for quicker discussion. If nobody continues posting (because they became bored, had other things to do, died in the meantime, or don't know what to answer yet and need time to articulate their thoughts and how to contribute meaningfully), then no biggie. There are other things worth discussing about too.
>>
>>518825
>try to repost the topic at another time
It will not necessarily go more quickly later.

>Or come up with a better thread topic that allows for quicker discussion
Quicker is not better. A thread for sharing greentext stories on /r9k/, for example, will likely have far higher posting quality than the rest of the board, even if it's also slower. A thread may survive off of its momentum, as bait threads often do, or they may survive off of a handful of interested people contributing high quality posts when possible as well as bumping the thread when it reaches page 8 or 9. Bitching about the latter is childish and stupid.

>no biggie
A slow thread can generate good content and entertain a lot of people, even if those people don't have something to contribute.

>There are other things worth discussing about too.
On many boards, most of the catalog is shit and only a fraction of it is decent. Keeping decent threads alive is the most practical way of improving a board's quality.

I don't see why this bothers you. /a/nons always get upset by the most innocent things in their zeal to whine about how something nowadays has gone awry.
>>
>>518839
If there actually are people bitching about the post, then it means that there is an audience waiting for a good contribution anyway.
And no one will bitch if the post used to bump it is of good quality. If one is willing to bump it, then one should own up to it.
Of course, there is a chance that no one is bitching because no one cares about the thread anymore and everybody left.
>>
>>518273
>>518398
Wow you're so fucking retarded
If you are not being ironic kill yourself
>>
>>518845
>If there actually are people bitching about the post, then it means that there is an audience waiting for a good contribution anyway.
I laughed at this. You have never been on a board where threads are universally hated but moderation is so nonexistent that they stay up for hours regardless. People come in and tell the OP to fuck off, they post roulettes to "derail" the thread when they only keeps it on autobump, they come in and start meta posting about how people need to stop replying to the threads in any capacity if they want them to go away. You have certainly seen people enter threads they hate and do nothing but bitch about the people in them. They are not waiting for a great contribution, they are whining.

>And no one will bitch if the post used to bump it is of good quality
If you like a thread enough to bump it you will make a good reply when you can.

>If one is willing to bump it, then one should own up to it.
Why do you get so mad at a one word post? Why does it bother you? There is a good reason to bump some threads and it's damn near harmless.

>Of course, there is a chance that no one is bitching because no one cares about the thread anymore and everybody left.
Okay, like most /a/nons, you're just stupid. There are plenty of agreeable threads that do not attract a lot of posters, and if you can't imagine any it's because you're a moron.
>>
>>518866
What is agreeable and a good thread is ultimately always in the eye of the beholder.
>>
>>518881
Many slow threads would be liked by the great majority of people browsing a board then, even if they aren't the fastest threads on that board. If you're really appealing to subjectivity then you can't say general threads are bad, or that much of anything is.
>>
>>518884
General threads on /a/ are bad. That's just how it is.
>>
>>518885
Why? What makes a thread a general? I just don't see what's inherently bad about them. Not the guy you're replying to.
>>
No one knows how to have fun on /a/ anymore, everyone is a butthurt autist.
>>
>>518095
>despised everywhere
>ERPing faggots are the worst type of weebs
>type of weeb
>everywhere
hmm
>>
>>518817
which are*
>>
Make buying a pass mandatory for posting on /a/.
>>
>>519253
Hiro pls go
>>
>>518713
I think this is the case for a lot of boards if you go to the right threads.

The more clickbaity and inflammatory threads will have more of this shit, and threads with a focused topic will be more relaxed.
>>
>>518591
Catalog might allow more genuine discussion for niche subjects, but it encourages turning the more popular subjects into general threads, and general threads by their very nature kill off discussions.

>>518601
That's literally the whole point. You're supposed to browse the board to get to the threads that interest you. You're supposed to notice the existence of the rest of the board while on your way to that one thread you want to post in, and this should encourage you to expand your horizons and hopefully get you interested in other threads as well. The catalog works in such a way that it makes it incredibly easy for you to find that one thread you're interested in and ignore the rest of the board. At this point I would not be surprised to find out that an entire third of /a/ only comes to /a/ for one specific thread and doesn't interact with the rest of the board at all.

As for having to make twice as many threads, so what? Sure, if one topic is so popular that literally half of the board are threads about that subject, then it's an issue. But if an anime just happens to have 2-3 threads about it up at the same time? Not a problem. Hell, if a very popular anime has five concurrent threads up on its airing day, it's still not a big deal. Threads are supposed to be conversations. You're supposed to make a thread about something you want to talk about. Be it a show, a specific aspect of a show, a specific character from said show, or whatever else. Threads are not supposed contain absolutely all discussion about a specific show/subject, that's literally forum mentality. "One anime = one thread" mentality harms the board as it pushes the idea that threads should only be about specific anime titles/episodes, which discourages people from more creative threads and overall makes the board more less interesting.
>>
File: 1436200852205.png (229 KB, 628x708) Image search: [Google]
1436200852205.png
229 KB, 628x708
>>518601
>>519557
Wait, actually you have a point. Removing the catalog, 250 posts bump limit and 6 hours until autosage is an overkill. Just get rid of the catalog and reduce the bump limit to 250 posts, no need for 6 hours until autosage. But no thread on /a/ should last for more than a day, so make it 24 hours until autosage instead.
>>
>>518095
THIS. Crossboarders from /soc/ and /lgbt/ are the worst. They attempt ERP and blogging all the time on /a/,

>>>/a/141071504
>>
>>519557
>>519562
We should ban retarded tripfags like you instead
>>
File: lmafo.jpg (32 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
lmafo.jpg
32 KB, 720x480
>>517909
>/a/utists seriously believe that their shitty board is the best place to discuss anime on the whole internet
>>
>>518398
You might be onto something.

Catalog gives all threads equal exposure , rather than the top 4-5 ones. I used to refresh page 0 when I wanted new content. Page 0 content was the most relevant and "best" content.

Now I can open up the catalog and the concept of pages means shit, its just a bunch of threads
>>
>>519557
>general threads by their very nature kill off discussions.
Great example of an /a/non parroting shit with no justification or understanding. If you do not have a general and a lot of people want to talk about something, you will wind up with four or five threads instead of one, which crowds the catalog and forces more things to 404. General threads themselves may have lower posting quality than most of the catalog, but they do not constitute a serious threat to the board as long as they go away sooner or later. It is one thread among 150.
>>
>>519678
I think a catalog is useful for super fast boards like /b/ and /v/ where you're likely to miss some things if you're only refreshing the first page.
>>
Filtering all the shit such as generals via the catalog makes so that there are only about 20 threads left, at most. If I hide a shitpost recursive filtering makes so that the rest of the whole thread gets hidden as well, thanks to autistic retards replying to said shitposts and trying to have "actual" "discussion" at the same time. Yeah, I definitely don't see any problems with post 2011/a/.
>>
>>519672
And what better one do you have to offer? Don't bother answering, I doubt anyone who uses an image like that has anything of value to contribute.
>>
>>520218
MAL is unironically better for discussing anime and manga in any serious sense.
>>
>>520252
I knew it would be a horrible answer. Get out of my sight before I shoot you.
>>
>>520253
I'm not that guy. /a/ is much worse than it would have you believe.
>>
>>520218
>And what better one do you have to offer? Don't bother answering
Please.
>>
>>520257
And MAL is still worse than that. I don't think you've spent much time in either place.
>>
>>519723
>If you do not have a general and a lot of people want to talk about something, you will wind up with four or five threads instead of one, which crowds the catalog and forces more things to 404.
This is not a forum. There is nothing wrong with having several threads about the same anime up. There is nothing wrong with old threads dying. Threads should be dying, constantly. That's literally the whole point of this site, how it works. We have the bump limit and limited amount of board space for a reason. Threads are supposed to be temporary. You make one, you discuss whatever it is you want to discuss, be it for 5, 50, or 150 posts, and then you move on to other threads.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. "This general is shit, but it only takes up one out of 150 slots so it's tolerable." I disagree. The thread is bad because the content of the thread is bad. And content of the general threads is almost always going to be bad because of the very design of this site. How many slots on the board a subject takes up is completely irrelevant (again, unless the specific subject has like fifty threads), what matters is the content of the thread. I would much rather have five "duplicate" threads that actually discuss an anime and then die than one general thread that exists forever, for literally no reason.
>>
>>520412
What is bad content in the context of /a/? What is good content?
>>
>>520412
>I would much rather have five "duplicate" threads that actually discuss an anime and then die than one general thread that exists forever, for literally no reason.
Your justifications for this are bizarre. Generals are not incapable of anime discussions, and many, many threads are on /a/ which have virtually no discussion of anime. Breaking up generals into five different threads is only destructive. There are multiple generals, and there's a desire among some people for each of them to exist, and splitting them each up into five threads will only consume more of the thread's catalog and kill off more decent threads. A thread is not better because it is shorter. A general is not inherently incapable of decent posting, either. Just hide threads you don't like instead of whining that they exist. A small number of threads you don't like do not ruin a board unless you bitch about them wherever you go.
>>
>>520424
The whole point of 4chan is that threads are temporary and limited. It's literally how the site works. A board can only hold 150 threads at the same time. These threads need to be bumped or they die. Once a thread reaches a specific amount of posts it can no longer be bumped and is on its way to death. General threads are literally created to circumvent that, to ignore fundamental site mechanics. They're basically an attempt to have forum threads on 4chan, threads that are permanent, where every new thread is essentially a new page of a forum thread (since we have the archives and can go find all the previous "pages"). They're fundamentally anti-4chan.

The biggest problem with this is that it just doesn't work the same way. On a forum, you can have a thread with a hundred pages that lasts for years. Because that's how the site mechanics work. You don't need to worry about bumping a thread, a thread can get no replies in a month and it still won't 404. So in such an environment it's possible to have a long term discussion going on. But on 4chan, threads do need to be bumped constantly, because that's how site mechanics work here. Because of that, people post in general threads even if they have nothing constructive to add, just to keep the thread going. Which is why most general threads are 90% memes, reposts, and circlejerking. Sure, it's possible for a general thread to be good (for a while), and on some slower boards it's possible for general threads to remain decent. I can think of a couple examples of "general threads" on some slower boards that I don't dislike, and which generally remain on-topic.

So sure, generals are capable of discussing anime, longer threads are not necessarily worse than shorter threads, and a general thread can even provide better discussion than a random non-general threads. But due to the way this site works, general threads almost always deteriorate into memery. Which is why they as a practice should be discouraged.
>>
>>520606
And just to add this:
>>520424
>splitting them each up into five threads will only consume more of the thread's catalog and kill off more decent threads
You don't understand. All threads die. This is not a bad thing. All good threads die, all bad threads die. As they should. They're by their very nature temporary. If a thread reaches page 10, no matter how good it was, it's time is up and it should be laid to rest. You should not look back to older threads, you should seek out new threads, that's literally the whole point of this site. If duplicate threads are common enough that they drown out other subjects, then sure it's a problem. But if a duplicate thread just happens to have bumped a "good thread" off page 10? Who cares.

>Just hide threads you don't like instead of whining that they exist.
I'm not being one of those "stop liking what I don't like" faggots. There are many anime I don't watch and have no interest in, and I have nothing against their threads existing. But what if I do want to discuss an anime, and the anime in question was unfortunate enough to have its threads converted into general threads? It makes discussing and following the discussion much harder since 90% of the thread are going to be literal background noise.

>>520415
A thread is good if it's a) /a/ related and b) less than fifty percent of the posts in the thread are reposts. A thread is bad if it fails to fulfill these two basic requirements.
I would say these standards are more than reasonable.
>>
File: 1393590814008.gif (1 MB, 294x329) Image search: [Google]
1393590814008.gif
1 MB, 294x329
Fun Things Are Fun is a cancerous faggot and should GTFO
>>
File: 1343677785322.png (195 KB, 472x670) Image search: [Google]
1343677785322.png
195 KB, 472x670
>>520612
Dude, what the hell are you doing? You know we're not allowed to attack each other. If someone reports you to the Tripfag Council you'll be in deep shit.
>>
>>518273
> disable the catalog, find a way to break the unofficial catalogs, DDoS the archives until they've all shut down
Do you hate the concept of lurking or something? Terrible idea
>>
>>520735
People were able to lurk long before those came along. And besides, it's only lurking when you follow threads in real time but abstain from posting in them. Using the archives to try to catch up with a board's culture is cheating.
>>
>>520742
You are a cancerous attention whore with shit aste who likes moeshit
Why haven't you killed yourself yet
>>
>>520612
While I certainly enjoy shitting on the tripfags, I'm more inclined to say you're cancer what with the use of that gif and the term "GTFO"
>>
>>520818
>moeshit
You're the cancer. Fuck off.
>>
>>517909
More proof /a/ is full of mentally illl waifu fags
>>>/a/141105593
>>
>>520849
More proof that you don't belong there. Go to MAL or /r/anime.
>>
>>520822
>>520856
>defending moeshit and waifu faggotry
Put a bullet in your head you fucking subhuman trash
>>
>>520822
>he likes moeshit
kys faggot
>>
>>520856
>s-stop calling me out! /a/ is my safe space!
>>
File: aqua_giggle.jpg (61 KB, 363x575) Image search: [Google]
aqua_giggle.jpg
61 KB, 363x575
>>520969
>>520964
>I only like mature shows for mature people such as myself.

>>520976
>unironically using the phrase "safe space"

/v/'s opinion on /a/ isn't relevant.
>>
>>521015
>I only watch waifubait for greasy manchildren
lmao moeshit lovers are literally so pathetic they make fun of people with better taste than them
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>521129
It is beyond apparent that you do not belong on /a/.
>>
>>521132
>you don't belong on my circlejerk board because you have taste
lol
>>
>>521132
I don't think he belongs on this site at all. Chances are he can only post on /qa/ where there's no moderation, because every other board laughs him off.
>>
>>521134
You don't belong there because you're a cancerous Facebook tier newfag.
>>
Moeshit fans are fucking pathetic hypocrites, they absolutely hate shonen and consantly shit on seinen fans and want them banned, but when someone criticises their stupid little gril shows they throw a temper tantrum. they are absolutely the most despicable fans on /a/
>>
>>521138
Ironic, considering you're throwing a temper tantrum right now.
>>
>>521136
Yeah, sounds about right. Children like him have no power on this site.
>>
>>521132
Who are you to say that you fucking retard
No other board acts like this bullshit, no one on music boards think you don't belong there if you don't like shitty waifu pop, no one on /lit/ thinks you don't belong there if you don't read cheap pulp literature, you are fucking stupid
>>
>>521136
>>521141
This.
>>
>>521136
>>521141
>>521146
Nice projecting dumbass

>>521137
And you sure do because you are a buzzword spewing fucktard with awful taste
>>
>>520822
>>521137
>If I call him cancer he will leave!
The word cancer is so 2009, think of something new you butthurt imbecile
>>
>>521015
>>521132
>>521137
I love how you only called me anewfag and cancer and didn't provide a single defense of your stupid shows
I guess you don't have any so you need to throw as many insults as possible uh?
>>
>>521146
>This
Greetings redit
>>
>>521143
It isn't your taste that makes you unwanted.
>>
>>521155
>>521168
>samefagging this hard

You sound mad.
>>
>>521143
If you only/mostly read genre fiction you don't belong on /lit/, though.
>>
>>521178
Bullshit. I can hang with the best of 'em.
>>
>>521166
Serously if you don't want to be told to fuck off when you act and post like a retard go to /r/anime and MAL. I'm sure you'd be much more welcome there. Also your taste in shows has nothing to do with why you're not welcome.
>>
>>521178
Exactly, they have higher quality standards than /a/utists
>>
>>521183
You do realize that most of moeshit is seinen, right? Which by definition makes it more mature than shounen, since it's literally made for a more mature demographic.
>>
>>521195
True.
>>
>moefags clog up the whole board with their shitty anime
>they constantly bitch about a single thread from anime they don't like
>they can't handle criticsm
The epitome of raging manchildren
>>
>>521201
>cries at nobody in particular when he gets BTFO

LMFAO
>>
>>521201
All I think when I read your posts is that you are 100% new and want /a/ to cater to you specifically.

Why are you trying to bring taste discussion into a meta thread anyway?
>>
>>521201
>moefags
Holy shit anon how did you manage to invalidate your opinion in the first word of your post
>>
>>521195
Manchildren is not more matrue

>>521202
Are you fucking stupid, I'm stating the fact, people who defend moeshit are mentally ill and should not be tolerated isntead of given a hugbox

>>521204
I have been on /a/ on 4 years, Im sick of everyone's total retardation
>>
>>521214
You are so fucking mad you can't even type straight.
>>
>>521205
>your opinion is invalid because your word hurt me!

>>521215
>unironically saying you mad in 2016

Holy fuck, you're all so fucking stupid, no wonder no one takse you /a/ssburgers seriously
>>
>moeshit lovers get butthurt over buzzwords while spewing out buzzwords
How fucking rionic
>>
File: 1462442765515.png (650 KB, 825x835) Image search: [Google]
1462442765515.png
650 KB, 825x835
>>521214
>I'm stating the fact, people who defend moeshit are mentally ill and should not be tolerated
This shit is literally priceless. Please keep going.
>>
>>521232
>>521237
Serious question though. If you hate the majority of /a/ so much why don't you fuck off? It seems like a very logical thing to do instead of asking them to change just for you.
>>
>>521237
>cries at nobody in particular when he gets BTFO

LMFAO
>>
>>521232
>>521237
Yeah, you're mad. You won't find any friends here. It's about time you gave up.
>>
>>521254
You are right. I now realize I was a fool. Sorry about that, everyone. You were right, I was wrong. Anyone who replies after this is not me.
>>
>>521239
>>521242
>>521252
>>521254
You're not even trying to prove me wrong you idiots

>>521259
Fuck off
>>
>>521267
There's nothing to prove wrong.
>>
>>521270
Because you are ignorant and stupid, you are not even trying
>>
>>521239
If you don't have anything to say then shut the fuck up

>>521242
>if you don't like it then leave!
Oh this fucktarded argument again, I like anime and want to make board better, but it's literally impossible when everyone is a tasteless braindead moron with shit tste like you

>>521254
>can't make counter point so he calls me mad
Is this really 2008?
>>
>>521273
>I'm not the problem
>everyone else is
>they should change the board to suit just me

Why the name of fuck do you think this is even remotely logical.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5CETMV4nz0
>>
>>521275
majority is not always right, in fact most of the time it isn't
>>
>>521277
Why do you think your opinion is relevant?
>>
>>521280
My taste is better than yours
>>
>>521282
What makes you think that /a/ only discusses a particular kind of anime?
>>
File: dingo.jpg (33 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
dingo.jpg
33 KB, 419x419
Hey. What's up?
>>
>>521273
Why do people keep responding to this idiot?
>>
>>521273
>has no defense to being called mad

You are most certainly mad. Why do you keep bringing up years, John Oliver? 2008 is your birth year?
>>
>>521297
Because you know I'm right
My taste is better than most of /a/ and that tripfag is a fucking retard
>>
You have to be a pussified nu-male to enjoy trash like Yuru yuri and K-ON
>>
>/a/
>fine
waifufags and generals ruined the board
not that it wasn't shit before
but now its like 80% threads full of shit
>>
>>521352
>>521360
>>521362
>samefagging again

You are so mad.
>>
>>521362
yeah why don't they talk about these old shows I watched on toonami fucking pieces of shit
>>
>>521369
not moe enough for them
>>
>>521372
>missing the irony

Whoosh.
>>
>>521368
The third guy isn't me retard
>>
>>521430
>the third guy

Lol, I KNEW you were samefagging, madkid.
>>
>>521360
K-ON was 9 fucking years ago. That is some intense butthurt on your part.
>>
File: sadrain.gif (532 KB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
sadrain.gif
532 KB, 533x300
>>521452
>K-ON was 9 years ago
>>
>>521458
Cool watermark bro.
>>
File: 1421470006377.png (55 KB, 178x162) Image search: [Google]
1421470006377.png
55 KB, 178x162
>>521460
>cool ____ bro
>>
>>521470
I choose "story." What do I win?
>>
>>521483
castration
>>
>>521485
Oh, cool. *castrates you*

That was a fun prize, I should play this game more often.
>>
>>518273
Catalog is fine. Its a good improvement. Archives are an issue. Last one about 300 anime seems bit excessive, I'd lower it down to 150 for compromise. Personally I've seen 800+ anime, but there are many who haven't.

There should also be a post delay where you have to wait 1 day to post if your IP is new.
>>
>>518097
>>>/shrekchan/
>>
>>521488
*teleports behind you*
the castrator has become the castratee :33
>>
>>521590
Joke's on you, I'm a eunuch.
*while you are in shock from this revelation, I punch through your rib cage and remove your heart*
>>
>>521489
>Last one about 300 anime seems bit excessive, I'd lower it down to 150 for compromise.
It's not about actually banning people, it's about setting a standard. No one can know how many anime you've seen unless you publicly release that information. A person who has only seen fifty anime and who is only watching two seasonal anime can still post on /a/ as long as he doesn't go around saying that. It's like how we have an 18+ rule but most of the site is still underage because they're generally smart enough not to admit they're underage.

>There should also be a post delay where you have to wait 1 day to post if your IP is new.
The problem is that there are many people who do not ban evade but their IP still changes on a daily basis, whether they like it or not. This would practically be permanently banning them. But some of the stuff other people suggested, like only allowing people to bump threads or make new threads after they've made X posts on that board would be nice. Maybe an increased post timer for the first X posts?
>>
>>521619
In my experience, a person who admits they've seen so few anime finds themselves banned shortly after making that post. This isn't a change that needs to be made, because it's already happening.
>>
>>521452
>K-ON was 9 fucking years ago
And people are still circlejerking that trash
>>
>>521838
>This nigga still trying this fucking hard.
>>
/a/ is literally the best place on the internet to discuss anime in English.
>>
>>517909
/a/ is shit, anime is shit and people that watch anime are shit. I want to be able to discuss manga but I don't want to go nowhere near /a/
Manga board when?
>>
>>521943
There's already a manga board. It's /a/. Your elitism will fit right in.
>>
>>521935
Hahahaha
It's funny because people unironically believe this
>>
>>522261
It's completely true. Every other anime community on the web is either full of "hey, can you guys recommend some good anime?" or people who watch nothing but battle shonens.
>>
>>523565
Yes and /a/ is full of "I want to fuck this little girl" faggots and everyone is a sexually frustraded teenager.
They also have terrible memes which they defend as their "culture".
They are like /v/ with decent mods and more arrogance.
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.