[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reddit Sucks General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: RedditProhibited.png (37 KB, 574x574) Image search: [Google]
RedditProhibited.png
37 KB, 574x574
Can this song be embedded onto the site's mainpage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
>>
Bump. Kill all redditors
>>
>>517817
the only thing you've achieved with years of constant posting is to turn "go back to reddit" into a joke

congratulations
>>
>>517818
Pretty much this.
>>
>>517818
Yet, you personally know it's not a joke don't you? Otherwise you wouldn't have even been able to formulate that logic.

So what makes you think most people mistake it for nothing but a joke? I'm pretty sure the message still gets across.
>>
>>517835
not a "haha that's so funny" joke, more of a "these people are jokes" kind of a joke
>>
>>517849
It's inevitable. Especially in an anonymous community, if group A starts insulting group B, group B always turns it around, usually by group B using the insult themselves in inappropriate ways.

So the
>years of constant posting
with reddit insults, was probably mostly redditors.
>>
>>517853
maybe if you tried to keep your criticisms of reddit within the realm of directly reddit-identifiable behavior instead of throwing it at everyone who looked like they might be from reddit the accusation wouldn't have been diluted into complete irrelevance

that would require 4chan not to be retarded, though, so i guess it really was inevitable
>>
>>517815
this tune is quite nice tbqh senpai
>>
>>517855
Don't lump me in with those retards. I've always said that my issue with reddit has nothing to do with the people using it, it's the site itself I think is garbage.
Incidentally, however, that lowers my opinion of people who can stand to use the site, but that's a different story.

Like I said, most of the people you're referring to are usually redditors themselves.
>>
>>517870
my bad i guess i've gotten pretty trigger happy myself

>most of the people you're referring to are usually redditors themselves
i feel like this was probably true at some point, if only because it was weird how people started caring about reddit all of a sudden (this is many years back now), but it honestly seems like a lot of 4chan has genuinely internalized that attitude given just how many people you see crying about it
>>
>>517815
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc

was this sung by a ... femanon
>>
There is nothing wrong with reddit.
>>
>>518260
yes, by a /tv/oice actor
>>
File: 1437938964861.png (102 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1437938964861.png
102 KB, 450x443
>There is nothing wrong with reddit.

>>517815
No, that would be stupid. Anyone is free to come and discuss what they want, it doesn't matter who you are. That is what anonymity is all about.
The issue of reddit starts here:
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
inb4
>informative comments
In order to have a standard you have to reject the undesired. Most boards, more or less, practice derision of newcomers because that is the most effective way to make newfags rethink their posting style, adhere to netiquette and not look like complete faggots in discussions.

Reddit is hated, not only because it's filled with normals who make no distinction between Internet and irl, but because of how the way the site is set-up shapes the general mentality. There are usernames, karma points and a voting system.
This nasty combination means that users will be wary not to cause offense so their comment won't get hidden due to down votes i.e. disapproval, as well as make them appeal to people who read it so that the weight of comments lie on self-preservation of self-image and the present narrative.
The result is a lot less honesty and dull dialogue.

tl;dr censuring reddit would make 4chan more like reddit, there's also no point since there's already justified contempt for them in general
>>
File: 1448661219442.png (26 KB, 533x622) Image search: [Google]
1448661219442.png
26 KB, 533x622
>>518350
>Anyone is free to come and discuss what they want, it doesn't matter who you are.
Gee...
>>
>>517817
I agree.
>>
>>518651
>implying I didn't mean as long as it's within the ruru
>>
>>518260
>>518344
no, it's a synthesized voice
the video was made with an app called ditty
>>
>>517815
saved,
>>
Fuck you who said le 4chan army sent me here you. And I even surf reddit sometimes
>>
I never bothered with Reddit but due to the non-stop fucking paranoia over it here, I finally decided to check it out. I actually like it, well, as a news aggregator...the comments section sucks in format. But I get most of the stories and pics I post on 4chan from Reddit nowadays.

So thanks to you anons for turning me onto Reddit.
>>
File: rid.php2.png (70 KB, 250x268) Image search: [Google]
rid.php2.png
70 KB, 250x268
>>519498
>>
>>519502
goto >>519505
>>
>>518350
Spoken like a true redditor
>>
>>519506

Browsing Reddit isn't a bannable offense. You'd know that if you've been here longer than a week.
>>
>>519510
>You'd know that if you've been here longer than a week.
You give me too much credit
>>
>>519498
it's """""irony""" idiot
>>
upboated this thread hope to see it on /r/4chan soon
>>
>>520823
All memes aside, that subreddit never made any sense to me. It's like, if you want to read posts on 4chan why don't you just go to 4chan? Kind of crazy if you ask me.
>>
>>517815

TRUMP 2016 THE REDDITORS HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
>>520862
That right there is the biggest confirmation of the _real_ reason people use reddit. They just want to farm karma. The only exceptions are people who say they just use it for the articles and don't really get involved in the comments.

The funny thing is, nobody on reddit can even give any reason for the karma systems existence other than falling back on the defensive argument that "It doesn't matter, so that's why it exists", or by saying "it's just a side game, and it doesn't matter" (even though there actually is a ton of potential for the karma system to cause abuse)

They all love it more than they're willing to admit.
and people on r/4chan go there because they can get karma there, while there is nothing on 4chan to give them e-peen.
>>
>>520961
the karma system helps to get rid of a lot of low quality posts though

non-partisan discussions are of a higher quality on reddit than 4chan
>>
>>521005
How does having karma achieve anything that couldn't be achieved with votes but not karma?
>>
>>521039
it gives an incentive to people to post well. i don't recognise karma as an incentive, but im glad people take it seriously as it improves the level of discussion
>>
>>521100
It causes more problems than it solves.
>>
Bumping because it's true
>>
File: tmp_9462-1462684272464273174977.jpg (282 KB, 1080x648) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9462-1462684272464273174977.jpg
282 KB, 1080x648
Reddit actually pretty fucked up desu senpai
>>
REDDITO PIGGU GO HOMU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYuYkPgDkk
>>
>>524028
>tfw you think your kid is just getting programming tutoring but he is actually cybering and doing lewd webcams for a reddit
>>
File: 1438128779578.png (560 KB, 530x633) Image search: [Google]
1438128779578.png
560 KB, 530x633
>>517815
>el epic back to rebbit meme jajaja :)
Fuck off back to ifunny
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.