[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quest Threads on /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: funny.jpg (31 KB, 478x685) Image search: [Google]
funny.jpg
31 KB, 478x685
>>>/tg/46963799/

>mods babysitting quest threads on /tg/
>when /qst/ exists

explain
>>
Link it properly.

I visited the thread and I am a bit perplexed by this too. If they've visited the thread, why not just move it? My only guess is that it's janitors waiting for the thread to be moved, so they're deleting clutter.
>>
>>512022
what in the fuck

>>>/tg/46963799
>>
>>512022
because /qst/ is shit and quests are /tg/
>>
>>512066
>/qst/ is shit
What's shit about it?
>>
>>512069
dunno tbqh, i'm just butthurt about all the new boards
>>
>>512066
It exists for the sole purpose of appeasing butthurt morons who cry whenever they see a quest
>>
>mfw another quest was posted

>>>/tg/46966270
>>
>>512066
>quests
>traditional games

but they aren't
>>
>>512087
He did already move it though, so he's not stubborn.
>>
>>512113
One of the good ones I guess

nobody's shitposting in his thread now either.
>>
Because /qst/ is a fucking cancerous pile of poorly thought of failure and AIDS by a fucking retard of a mod who admittedly hasn't paid ANY ATTENTION to /tg/ or quests since 2010.

And that fucking mouth-breathing fucktard went and did it with no notice, no archive, and in such a fucktarded way that there will be no way to draw new readers or have players enjoy their quests.

And then he completely ignores ANY criticism, concerns, and only fields like 3 softball questions and fucks off.

It's right up there with taking gun politics off of /k/ and splitting /d/ in terms of stupid fucking mod decisions.
>>
>>512146

OH, and on top of that, this is when quests, daily, take up 4-13 threads out 150 at any one time barring odd shit.

This isn't the bad old days of ELF SLAV WAT DO and 40-50/100 threads on /tg/ being shitty quests.

And nazimod banning all the actual good OC generators instead of the shitty quests and spammers.
>>
>>512153
>>512146

Quest threads were forced onto /tg/ by an autistic mod. We have been begging to get rid of you for 8 years. Now you're gone.

Quests do not belong on /tg/. We never wanted you.
>>
>>512146
How exactly will there be no way to draw in new readers? Are you trying to say that people on /tg/ would just "pass by" and decide to get interested in quests? Because you're full of shit. If people want quests, they seek out quests.
>>
>>512161
>This lie again
Quest threads started on /tg/ in 2008.
There was literally one instance of them being moved from other boards, and that's after /a/ complained about the two or three they had gained in 2012. Then the mods forgot about it and it never happened again.
>>
>>512168
I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or a legit retarded opinion. I've been hearing so much of the latter lately.
>>
>>512069
Quests don't work in a vacuum. They generally get new players from being on a board with a similar topic and people becoming interested. People don't seek out quests when they don't know what a quest is. So as the board slowly loses people from general loss of interest and other such normal things it won't gain new users. It's just a slow death.

Generally the response to this when someone disagrees is 'nuh uh' without any reasoning behind it.
>>
>>512182
I'm serious, so if you have a counterargument then fucking post it instead of this garbage.
>>
File: Diamond.png (546 KB, 511x600) Image search: [Google]
Diamond.png
546 KB, 511x600
>>
>>512186
If they can only survive through parasitism they don't deserve to exist at all.

If people are interested in them they'll go to where the Quests are.
>>
>>512168

How?

They won't see them unless they decide to go to the quarantine zone.

Noones going to just stroll about looking for it, the reason they work as just 4-10% of /tg/ is because it occasionally draws in fa/tg/uys interested in the concept.

>>512161

No they weren't you fucking moron.

There was quests in fucking 2006, 07 and 08.

And they were good ones. At least until nazimod showed up and banned the good QMs, along with all the drawfags and other OC creators.
>>
>>512186
It'll be on the home page
>>
File: 1461874407581.png (649 KB, 511x600) Image search: [Google]
1461874407581.png
649 KB, 511x600
>>512188
Sigh. I see I need to fix this myself or you'll never change it. Here.
>>
>>512190
Damn, guess we better delete every thread on 4chan.

>>512187
Oh, you're serious. Then
>Are you trying to say that people on /tg/ would just "pass by" and decide to get interested in quests?
Yep

>If people want quests, they seek out quests.
Can't seek out what you don't know exists.

Easy enough.

>>512195
Congrats? So is /po/.
>>
>>512190
Only because you're operating under the assumption that they're "other" from the rest of the site.
>>
>>512201
>So is /po/.
And so is every board, every new board that has been created has had to survive off its own merits, /qst/ will have to too
>>
>>512201
How would they not know it exists? /qst/ is going to be right there in the board list, it will have front page threads, and it will even have that "new trial board added" notification for months, considering /wsr/ and /news/ are both still there. Hiro may even put "Want quests? >>>/qst/" to advertise it, if we ask him.
>>
>>512207
And it won't. Which is the central problem proposed. I'm glad you're catching up with the rest of the class.
>>
File: 4channiggeraccount.png (518 KB, 511x599) Image search: [Google]
4channiggeraccount.png
518 KB, 511x599
>>512199
>>
>>512211
And it will, so fuck off there
>>
>>512209
/news/ still being there isn't exactly helping your case. /news/ is fucking dead.
I don't know if /wsr/ is dead, but last time I looked at it, they may as well have called it /wsr/-homework, which wasn't supposed to be the point of it.
>>
>>512209
People don't know what quests are. Thus they won't seek out a board about quests. Advertising something they don't know about and have no interest in doesn't solve the issue at all.

That's how boards get users you know? People are interested in a subject, so they go to the board for that subject. You can't have a pre-formed interest if you don't know that interest exists.

>>512215
>It just will!
10/10, excellent point.
>>
>>512217
>It just won't!
Come back when you actually have a problem you need to complain about
>>
>>512218
I don't need to complain about anything. However, I've already detailed the problem in the posts you've responded to. You're free to pretend it doesn't real.
>>
>>512217
Before the source of new /tg/ users were people who were interested in traditional games, and the new quest users were a subsection of that group who were intrigued by the idea of quests

Now the source of new /qst/ users will be all users who are intrigued by the idea of quests
>>
>>512220
Nice prophesy, let's change 4chan because of it
>>
>>512223
Most of the source were people who stumbled on it while looking for something else on the board.
People don't stumble onto entirely different boards. It doesn't happen.
>>
>>512223
>Before the source of new /tg/ users were people who were interested in traditional games
Indeed. A pre-existing interest.

>Now the source of new /qst/ users will be all users who are intrigued by the idea of quests
So they're intrigued by an idea they don't know exists. How very quirky of them.
>>
>>512229
>>512231
4chan didn't invent forum games if people like them they will go there
>>
>>512240
4chan certainly did invent the quest format. Amusingly though, even generic forum games don't survive in a vacuum, further proving my point.
>>
>>512217
>People don't know what quests are. Thus they won't seek out a board about quests. Advertising something they don't know about and have no interest in doesn't solve the issue at all.

By that logic, people don't know what anime is so they'll never use a board about anime. Oh wait. It's like people are actually capable of researching things they don't know about.
>>
>>512242
forum games are often a unique board on forums
>>
>>512243
Anime is a medium that exists outside of 4chan.
There are a handful of sites outside of 4chan that do quests, and all of them were actually spawned from people who used to quest here. The only one that is actually successful (Kind of) is anonkun, which is full of extremely smutty, furry, fanfiction quests.
There isn't any kind of "quest" media outside of this little sphere of internet space. It's not something that can be compared to anime or videogames, because those things exist outside of 4chan and the sites that broke off from 4chan.
>>
>>512246
So what you're saying is if the board is renamed to Forum Games, your problem will be fixed.
>>
>>512245
Forums that are heavily integrated with each other and so get users the same way quests do. Congrats, you're continuing to prove my point.

>>512243
That's correct. If someone doesn't know about anime, they'll never use a board about anime. If someone finds out about anime though, I dunno, tv or some such nonsense, they might go to a board about anime.
>>
>>512249
And god forbid people CLICK ON THE NEW BOARD TO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS.

BUT THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN YOUR FANTASY WORLD!
>>
>>512252
That's correct. People rarely ever board hop at random. They go to what boards are geared towards their interests. Do you actively use every 4chan board, regardless of your interests?
>>
>>512248
Then there's an entirely different problem of other games squeezing quests out.
Quests are downright small and slow compared to Risk.

>>512252
>>/news/
>>/po/
>>/i/
ect
>>
>>512255
Risk also has the same problem where people don't go to boards for Risk, they get incidental users that notice a thread and become interested.
>>
>>512253
I look at new boards to determine if they are relevant to my interests. Why wouldn't people look at /qst/ to find out what it is and if it's something they'd enjoy? That's what I'd have done if I wasn't already aware of quests.
>>
>>512261
There's two problems there. I doubt everyone looks at the news and does that beyond an immediate dismissal. And two, that doesn't solve the on-going problem at all. No one said it'd be DOA, but that it'd die. Every new board will get a random collection of shitposters and people who are genuinely interested in the new board smell. That doesn't mean anything for the on-going health of the board.

Presuming you don't already go to one of these boards, how often do you go to /o/ just to hang out and breath in the culture to see if you like it there? /po/? /jp/? /toy/? etc etc. Something may, out of the blue, catch your interest after all.
>>
>>512261
/news/ is still on the news ticker (heh) and it's deader than a thing that's actually dead. It's double dead, if you will.
>>
>>512293
That's because the board subject is uninteresting to most people. It's a text board.
>>
>>512265
The only reason /qst/ doesn't have users is because the questfags stubbornly refuse to use it

They're no more likely to get new users on /tg/, where all the non-questfags filter them, than they are on their own board. Questfags are being a bunch of drama queens as usual.
>>
this whole "make an entire board for something that isn't even a topic/interest and belongs toguether with other topics" thing is fucking retarded
they already tried it with /news/ and it failed miserably, why did they do it again?
>>
>>512329
>They're no more likely to get new users on /tg/, where all the non-questfags filter them, than they are on their own board.
Entirely false. There's no reason at all to assume the majority of the board filters them, which ruins your assertion. Anti-questers, who are likely to filter them, have always been a small minority with less than 20-30 IPs in any given situation. In the /tg/ discussion sticky recently, it was 12.

>>512336
Given the custom stuff they added, it was likely some mod's pet project. And when a mod has a pet project he's usually given quite a bit of leeway.
>>
>>512327
And this doesn't apply to a niche interest (That consistently dies when it strikes off alone, see tgchan, cripplechan's quest board, ect) from a niche board because...?
>>
>>512342
>it was likely some mod's pet project
yeah, this was probably the case
guess that's what we get for having a completely oblivious admin that lets his mods do whatever they want
>>
>>512336
>this whole "make an entire board for something that isn't even a topic/interest and belongs toguether with other topics" thing is fucking retarded

Quests are not traditional games. They don't belong on /tg/.

We aren't going to run out of space for boards you dumb nigger.
>>
>>512344
>>512342
then that mod is probably the best mod on this site because people have been asking for this for years.
>>
>>512355
People have also been asking for a lot of retarded ideas for years. How long retards hold to an idea shouldn't make it stronger.
>>
>>512357
Quests are cancer. You have your own board now.

You lost. Get over it. Go make your board the kind of board you want to post on instead of making people hate you even more.
>>
>>512353
>Quests are not traditional games. They don't belong on /tg/.
they might not 100% belong on /tg/ but they certainly belong there more than they do on their own board
as has been pointed out multiple times before, a decent amount of people who join quests do so because they're lurking their home board and see the thread, they probably won't keep an extra board open just for them.

>>512355
just because a bunch of obnoxious faggots keep yelling "PLEASE DO THING BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO" doesn't mean it's a good idea
see: this entire board
>>
I have about thirty players that I'm sure will follow me anywhere. But I'm extra upset that my archive is going to be split and maybe anyone who joined in just because it was the only active thread on a Tuesday afternoon.

I do NOT like /qst/ so far. Click that board and tell me if that looks like a place you would seriously want to go. 90% of the threads there are bullshit. Threads made by people not because they seriously want to write a quest, but because they want to make something stupid to fuck around in.

/tg/ was great because it had quality control. "YOU ARE A RETARD PALSY BABY THAT SHOULD KILL HIMSELF, HOW DO YOU KILL YOURSELF" is not a fucking quest, it's not CYOA and it's not even competent writefag material. It's just clutter.

That's what /qst/ seems like it's going to be, endless amounts of clutter that's never fixed because it's a place where quests are holed away so the passive-aggressive neurotic mod have to look at them.
>>
>>512353
Says who? You? You are a nobody.
>>
>>512360
>but they certainly belong there more than they do on their own board

you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>512359
No? I'll continue trying to fix the problem the mods have caused until it's obvious it won't be fixed. I mean, apparently it just takes whining loud enough to get something to happen, and the louder you whine the more it's justified.
>>
>>512359
This is exactly why there shouldn't be a quest board. People like this have made it into an us vs them fight, and if they "win", they're just going to keep being bitches about other things and shit things up even further. The entitlement and smugness from anti-questfags is tremendous and needs to be stomped out.
>>
File: 1432732288986.jpg (38 KB, 744x666) Image search: [Google]
1432732288986.jpg
38 KB, 744x666
>>512366
nice argument, you sure showed me
>>
>>512361
>But I'm extra upset that my archive is going to be split and maybe anyone who joined in just because it was the only active thread on a Tuesday afternoon.

USE A FUCKING PASTEBIN THEN YOU AUTISTIC SPAZ.

>I do NOT like /qst/ so far. Click that board and tell me if that looks like a place you would seriously want to go. 90% of the threads there are bullshit.

I wonder the fuck why? You dumb faggots have been spending every minute since the board launched refusing to use it. Of course it doesn't have any of the """"popular"""" quests on it. They're all being a bunch of babies because they can't sit at the same table anymore.

>/tg/ was great because it had quality control. "YOU ARE A RETARD PALSY BABY THAT SHOULD KILL HIMSELF, HOW DO YOU KILL YOURSELF" is not a fucking quest,

I don't understand how that affects your quest, but whatever. Maybe if you actually tried reporting things instead of whining about it the mods would clean something up?
>>
File: As many as I can hold.jpg (50 KB, 527x353) Image search: [Google]
As many as I can hold.jpg
50 KB, 527x353
>anti-questers
I have something that may interest you.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/8506074/
>>
>>512363
The mods, since they made a board especially for Quests.
>>
>>512385
what in the fuck is that
>>
>>512387
One mod made a trial board against the wishes of the vast majority of posts in his announcement thread and hasn't kicked quests off of anywhere else yet.
Maybe once it's enforced you'd be right (In the most technical sense, the same way that D&D wouldn't be /tg/ if they made /rpg/), but until then, they're as /tg/ as anything else on /tg/
>>
File: stages-of-grief.gif (16 KB, 410x288) Image search: [Google]
stages-of-grief.gif
16 KB, 410x288
>>512370
>b...but if we have to stay on the quest board, then the terrorists win!

You are in the Dialogue and Bargaining stage. Soon comes Acceptance.
>>
>>512393
>the vast majority

the vast majority of questfags you mean
>>
File: Ohno.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ohno.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
>>512380
>USE A FUCKING PASTEBIN THEN YOU AUTISTIC SPAZ.

Pastebins don't record player reactions and responses you tool. 50% of a quest are the players. If you don't have the players, then you don't have a quest.

You're asking people to strip out 50% of their story because your bitterness over nothing. Have quests ever stopped you from making a good thread? Of course not, so why do you think you'll suddenly be able to, now?

>I wonder the fuck why? You dumb faggots have been spending every minute since the board launched refusing to use it. Of course it doesn't have any of the """"popular"""" quests on it. They're all being a bunch of babies because they can't sit at the same table anymore.

Maybe no one wants to use it because it's clear no quality control or moderation is being done?

There are fucking quest threads starting now that people are spamming with gore, no one deletes them because it's clear that it's another /b/ (like yourself, probably) or /v/ raid.

Gosh! I wonder why no one wants to start a quest there and seriously try to get some writing done?

Your only real complaint about quests is that you do'nt like this thing and therefore it shouldn't be on /tg/. You'll be crawling back to /qa/ in a few months about another thing /tg/ has which you don't like, like warhammer or maybe shadowrun. And the cycle will start anew.

You don't fix communities by splitting them.
>>
File: Boozing.gif (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Boozing.gif
1 MB, 680x680
>>512390
Conspiracy!
>>
>>512396
There is no silent majority that hates quests. They never, ever appear. Not even in metathreads that don't hit the "quest" filters that supposedly they all have. There are never more than a dozen unique IPs against quests, and most of the time there are less than 40 unique IPs total in metathreads. But someone always says that they represent most of the people on the board.
The reality is that most posters don't actually care either way because it doesn't interest them and doesn't give them hernias. If they did, they'd actually post about it once in a while. But they never, ever do. They don't post, they don't vote in strawpolls or archives, they don't care. You don't represent them, I don't represent them. They aren't involved in this conversation/argument in any way except as a silent majority fallacy.
>>
>>512401
>Pastebins don't record player reactions and responses you tool.

Are you fucking dumb? There's already archives on suptg for /qst/. If you are afraid of people not finding them then use a pastebin.

You're not going to lose any responses or reactions because the THREADS ARE ARCHIVED. Holy shit do you have fucking palsy?

>Maybe no one wants to use it because it's clear no quality control or moderation is being done?
No, it's because you refuse to leave /tg/.

I've seen you fucks pull the same shit over and over today.

>oh I'll go when there are archives
>Oh I'll go when the board is listed
>oh I'll go when #ARBITRARY THING happens

/qst/ has archives. It's listed. It's ready. Just suck it up and go to where you belong instead of wasting your time crying about it.
>>
File: irrelevant_trash.jpg (818 KB, 1863x933) Image search: [Google]
irrelevant_trash.jpg
818 KB, 1863x933
>>512393
You can apply this to most threads on /tg/, right now even.

Look at the THAT GUY threads and "TAKE PICTURES OF SHIT RPERS". As well as the "POST SHIT THAT BELONGS ON OTHER BOARDS".

Here's a picture of /tg/'s catalog, only the part of it I could fit on a single screen. Every red circle is a thread best suited to another board.

Face it, the one that ruined /tg/ is /tg/, and I doubt anyone will ever see the irony in it.
>>
>>512401
>You don't fix communities by splitting them.

/qst/ was never part of /tg/. /tg/ had to filter /qst/ threads and /qst/ mostly congregated offsite in Spooky and shit.

>>>/qst/
this is your home now
>>
>>512406
Would you enjoy talking with anyone stupid, loud, obnoxius and stubborn? Of course, that why they don't come to your threads. You aren't meeting the most rampant "haters" - you're meeting the most tolerant ones.
>>
Why are people bitching about /qst/ again? It seems like there's a bunch of pretty active quests
>>
>>512413
There is no silent majority on your side. You do not represent most of /tg/. They never speak up, they never vote, they don't care.
But you'll keep dragging them out because it's the only argument you have. "Me and my 5 vocal friends and my undetermined but very large number of non-vocal friends who I can't prove in any way agree that this needs to go" is not an argument.
>>
>>512409
>Are you fucking dumb? There's already archives on suptg for /qst/. If you are afraid of people not finding them then use a pastebin.

Then the archive gets split, and then no one can find them.

Also

>It has archives!
This isn't even getting into the crux of the problem I talked about. People made quests on /tg/ because they liked playing on /tg/.

Again, have quests ever stopped you from making a good thread?

>No, it's because you refuse to leave /tg/.

Yes! I'm sure the moderators will immediately start cleaning up the board when people start using it!
Except, if they want people to start using it, they'll clean up the board.

Wow, you must have problems understanding basic logic.

>>512412
>/qst/ was never part of /tg/.

The first quests date back to /tg/'s inception. When /tg/ was created as a splitoff board for the warhammer fags. The first drawquests that pre-date ruby quest began on /b/ and then moved to /tg/.

Quests have been /tg/ longer than you've been on 4chan, maybe even longer than you've been alive.
>>
>>512409
>>
>>512416
They're shitty joke quests started by people coming for the new board smell. Check it again in a month and see what's active.
>>
>>512417
>They never speak up

WE ARE SPEAKING UP RIGHT NOW

WE HAVE BEEN SPEAKING UP FOR YEARS AND GETTING BANNED FOR IT

YOU ARE NOT WELCOME

FUCK
>>
>>512418
>Then the archive gets split, and then no one can find them.

THEN

USE

A

PASTEBIN

YOU

IGNORANT

FUCK

>PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN>PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN>PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN>PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN >PASTEBIN

I CANNOT MAKE THIS EASIER FOR YOU
>>
>>512422
You are not the silent majority. You are the very small minority that likes to think they represent the silent majority.
The unique IP count never goes up from anti-quest posts after the 6th or 7th one.
>>
>>512416
>Why are people bitching about /qst/ again? It seems like there's a bunch of pretty active quests
Have you looked at some of the quest titles?

>Autistic baby quest
>shitter quest
>butthurt quest
>4chan board moderator quest
>australian world domination quest
>u: u wake up and now ure an anime grill

So, explain how we are supposed to use this board? No. I want to know. I want to know why you think any interesting content will come from this cesspool.
>>
>>512423
Are you really having a meltdown because you can't understand this simple fucking logic?

>Quest has archives
>Archives are searchable via context, character, time, and thread date.
>suptg sets up this new archive page
>New page doesn't index with the old page

You don't understand this? Really?
That aside, I notice you're not answering the other major problems. Maybe it's because you don't actually care about them and just want to bitch and moan that these faggots aren't leaving "your" board.
>>
Another non-compliant questfag
>>>/qst/5835
>That said, I certainly won't be running Ryukuza on /qst/. Barring the curse or random organ failure, Ryukuza will continue on.

So remember, if you see "Ryuzuka" on /tg/, then you know what to do.
>>
>>512425
>completely ignoring the banning issue
Typical.
>>
>>512432
>advocating raiding because we r legun

That's a bannable offense, you know.
Want to know why your 'friends' are getting banned? Maybe this is why.
>>
>>512426
>So, explain how we are supposed to use this board?

Make quests and play quest. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>512429
To be fair, if /qst/ is a lasting thing I don't doubt that LL will set up a combined search. Setting up a duplicate archive is relatively easy, he'd have to do a fair bit more to combine them and sort them properly, but it's entirely do-able.

The core problem of /qst/ is and has always been the problem of attraction.
>>
>>512433
There were less than a dozen of you 8 years ago.
There were less than a dozen of you 4 years ago.
There were less than a dozen of you 1 year ago.
There are less than a dozen of you now.

I refuse to believe that there's a perfect number of new anti-questfags coming in at the exact same rate as the previous ones get banned for shitposting.
>>
>>512436
>Make quests and play quest. It's not rocket science.

Make quest in a sea of complete trash that is unmoderated new 4chan board? Are you serious?

You guys complain when there's 13 quest threads in your board of 150 threads. There are 100+ threads of complete garbage in our board, and you expect us to just 'use it'?
>>
>>512429
Okay, keep whining. Your quest can die with the rest of them.
>>
>>512443
This is all you ever say when people say they aren't going to use the cesspool.
I'm impressed that there's already an established response to "No, we're not using the stillborn board".
>>
>>512440
>there are only 12 people that don't like quests

this is some goddamn high tier delusion but I can't expect much more from the brain trust that is the Quest scene.
>>
why must this chan become a house of subreddits?
>>
>>512443
>I can't argue with you so I'll concede and just say your quest will die :^)

Great, you accept that this is a serious problem for people trying to write and your best concession is "Well I hope it just dies, I don't care, fuck off".

In short, you know about as much about quests as the mod who made this decision does. You should really just fuck off this thread.
>>
>>512446
There are never more than that who rage against quests. And before you say "Well the rest just filtered out the conversation", there are never more than that even in threads that don't have "quest" in the OP.
>>
>>512432
>never 4give never 4get XD to me, leddit brothers

At least we get to see what the true mentality of the anti-questfags is.
>>
>>512440
>silent majority doesn't exist! loud minority does exist!
I've came back here just because of the fuckhuge announcement.
>>
>>512452
So you weren't posting on /tg/ ANYWAY, you just came back from whatever hole you made on somewhere like Reddit just to shitpost about 'haha now i wont use /tg/ with you around heh XD"

This is the pattern from what I've been seeing. The people who used /tg/ didn't really WANT a new questboard, it was just shit-disturbing from people who didn't understand /tg/ in the first place.
>>
>>512452
Yeah. You got it right on the nose. There's never been evidence of this silent minority.
>>
>>512452
Oh, and there's always "I left /tg/ because of quests and happened to come back at this exact moment while there's a discussion about them, it's just a coincidence, I swear" guy. It's like clockwork.
>>
>>512455
silent majority*
>>
>>512432
As if this was anything new.
>>
>>512452
Of course, it is entirely believable that you quit /tg/ for several years only to just now come out of the woodworks and gloat about it.

Let's shave with Occam's fucking razor here
>>
>>512249
It looks like quests would be better on a website that was more heavily integrated, perhaps find one of those
>>
>>512548
Or, on a board that's dedicated to role-playing games and CYOA's.

Or maybe you'll be better off on a board where you don't get triggered learning that other people have different tastes than you do.
>>
>>512548
Exactly! Having quests on boards that share their interest is perfectly integrated.
>>
>>512548
Those sites lack the community that /tg/ has put together, and also have different moderation-SB is a hugbox with mod circlejerks while Akun is /d/ fetish quest central
>>
>>512548
>I made the mess, but you should leave X:^)
>>
>>512548
Why don't you go suck some cocks on SB or Akun?
>>
If you want posters who would normally find out about quests through /tg/ to do so in the future, a sticky at the top of the board would do that easily. Problem solved
>>
File: PBF020-Skub.gif (48 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
PBF020-Skub.gif
48 KB, 900x300
>>512567
B-b-but quests arent related to /tg/! why should we have to put up with a sticky for something completely unrelated!

[spoiler]yes this is sarcasm[/spoiler]

Anyway, the biggest argument against quests i see is 'they clutter up the front page', and a sticky does that just as much.
>>
>>512567
>If you want posters who would normally find out about quests through /tg/ to do so in the future, a sticky at the top of the board would do that easily. Problem solved

Why would someone go to the quest board unless they were specifically looking for quests? Most people who started on quests only started because of a quest in /tg/ which piqued their interest on the front page.

Think McFly, think. /qst/ is already in the ribbon at the bottom and the top. Do you think a sticky will change any of this?
>>
>>512576
A sticky is one thread

>>512580
Why bombard a board on the off chance someone likes a thread
>>
>>512457
You realize there's no hole in that logic, right? The announcement was site-wide. Of course he'd come back after hearing about it.
>>
>>512590
The hole in the logic is that they "came back" for shitty metathreads on /tg/ to make their little speech. Consistently, in nearly every one ever made for years straight.
It's not believable anymore because it's been overused.
>>
>>512587
>Why bombard a board

>Bombard
>17 threads, tops.

Why have Warhammer threads on the off-chance someone might like one warhammer thread?

Why have 3,5E D&D chargen and setting threads on the off-chance someone might like just that one thread?

Why bombard /tg/ with CYOA threads, which outnumber quests btw, on the off-chance someone might like one CYOA thread?

You're not thinking, McFly. Why don't you just accept that you don't have to like every single thread on a board? There is nothing wrong with just not clicking on a thread you're not interested in, or hiding it.
>>
>>512587
Why bombard a board with threads about their topic? Usually to talk to people in the threads or some such.
>>
>>512594
>Board games, paper games, war games, card games, etc. go here!
Is that a big enough clue Biff?
>>
File: 1461729710743.jpg (86 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1461729710743.jpg
86 KB, 650x650
I've been browsing /tg/ for something like three years now, and quest threads are annoying to wade through because they're too specific; if you get into it when it's on its 12th thread, it's such a high ceiling of backlog to catch up that it's not appealing, even if the idea's alright. We have threads about 40k, or Pathfinder or Shadowrun, systems, not one specific story run by one person that lasts weeks or months and keeps bumping to the top page.

It's not a discussion on how to be a better GM or ideas for storylines, it's somebody reading you a book at extremely slow speeds, to a crowd of maybe 10-20 people when the board's 100's or 1000's.
>>
>>512615
>CYOA, Quests, RPGs also go there
>And have gone there since before you browsed /tg/
McFly, is anyone home?
>>
>>512615
I don't see anything that sounds like D&D in there. It's not a board game, paper game sounds like origami to me, war games are clearly things like 40k, it's not a card game.
So I guess etc must be a pretty big part of the board. And considering that lore threads from vidya and other non-/tg/ media don't get deleted, those must also be in the etc category.
>>
>>512622
There is this magical thing called the catalog which lets you easily and conveniently look at things beyond the front page
>>
>>512622
storytime threads are someone reading you a book. Quests are RPGs with the player->character ratio out of whack.
The backlog issue is a problem, but it's a different problem.
>>
>>512622
>doesn't filter
>talks about the front page

this shit again
>>
>>512622
>The'yre annoying to wade through

So they should be banned, right?

This is the hurdle that people can't seem to get over. Why should it be gone just because you, specifically, don't like it. It clearly has an audience, it's just that audience isn't you

I can't stand the constant threads about "ELDAR SLAVE WHAT DO? I GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO RAPE HER FER DE EMPERA", but I have to wade through those threads when I read /tg/, too. There are far more threads about eldar waifus, elf rape, sex medicine, and genderswapping during prime-time than there are quests.

But I have to live with those. You don't see me crying to /qa/ about how we need to have a waifufagging board to cleanse /tg/ of the meta-garbage that doesn't belong there.

>It's not a discussion on how to be a better GM or ideas for storylines, it's somebody reading you a book at extremely slow speeds, to a crowd of maybe 10-20 people when the board's 100's or 1000's.
This definition alone disqualifies 30-40% of the threads there right, now.
>>
>>512642
Because the audience it has does not overlap with the /tg/ audience. Quests are not /tg/. They're fine on their own board.

>I can't stand the constant threads about "ELDAR SLAVE WHAT DO? I GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO RAPE HER FER DE EMPERA"
Those are /tg/ related. "Kancolle Quest" and "Joker Quest" and whatever other shit are not /tg/.

Quests can go on the quest board, and /tg/ on /tg/. Then everyone can be happy except the people who desperately want their Quests on /tg/ because they don't think people will pay attention to them unless they get tricked into it.
>>
>>512630
>/tg/ should have to filter out off-topic garbage on their own thread

No.
>>
File: 3 damage.jpg (92 KB, 630x624) Image search: [Google]
3 damage.jpg
92 KB, 630x624
>>512659
>I shouldn't use built in features to avoid things I am not interested in
>>
>>512622
>poster makes legitimate complaint

>>512630
>>512642
>>512626

>questfags lose their mind and start slinging excuses

you fucks didn't need your own board. You need a bullet in the head.
>>
>>512659
>their own
Oh, it's another /qa/ whiner who doesn't go on /tg/ nor does he know a damn thing about what he's talking about.

Shocker
>>
>>512657
>Because the audience it has does not overlap with the /tg/ audience. Quests are not /tg/. They're fine on their own board.
Objectively wrong on all three counts.

>>512665
"I don't like thing" is not a legitimate complaint. "They have a barrier to entry after they get up a few threads" is a legit complaint, but it's still not enough to justify an entire board.
>>
>>512664
good idea

cuck threads should be fine too since you can just filter them. and Gamergate threads are fine on /v/ since they can be filtered- nobody should complain about those, right?

Ooh and vore threads! I've always thought it was stupid that vore threads are deleted on /tg/. We can just filter them.
>>
>>512670
>Objectively wrong on all three counts.

Actually, you're wrong. People wouldn't have been complaining for EIGHT YEARS STRAIGHT if that was the case.
>>
>>512673
>Implying those are the same as what basically amounts to an RPG on the RPG, CCG, and wargame board
>B-but they aren't /tg/ because I say so
>>
>>512676
People have been complaining about 40k for 8 years straight (HERESY, excuse me commissar, etc). Should 40k be moved? It's been on /tg/ for exactly as long as quests, and they both moved from /b/ to /tg/ at the same time.
>>
>>512657
>Because the audience it has does not overlap with the /tg/ audience.

This is a complete, and utter lie. If quest audience did NOT overlap, there would not be a single quest on /tg/. The overlap exists because people who play CYOA games has a subset which also enjoy quests. That's why quests exist on /tg/ in the first place.

You are completely delusional if you think otherwise. Quests wouldn't be as big as they are if there wasn't a population on /tg/ that liked them. That's insanity.

>Those are /tg/ related. "Kancolle Quest" and "Joker Quest" and whatever other shit are not /tg/.

Okay, let me get this straight then; THOSE things you don't like are NOT /tg/ related, because even though they are CYOA RPGs, they are threads you don't like.

Meanwhile: >>>/tg/46947423 That's /tg/ related, and not at all a /v/ thread.

Just, first thread I found when I click on /tg/. Warcraft thread.

How about this: They're both /tg/ related, and you're splitting hairs down a line which only exists in your personal preferences. And not because you have an actual argument as to why they don't belong.

>>512665
>you fucks didn't need your own board. You need a bullet in the head.
Still didn't explain why /qst/ needs to exist. Seems to me like you're just ultra angry that people like things that you don't.

Again, children like you weren't even on /tg/ on it's founding to know that Quests were around when /tg/ was made.
>>
>>512677
>fanfiction is an RPG
>>
>>512684
>I don't know what I'm talking about, but I saw some dumb arguments about it and internalized it as truth
>>
>>512678
hey, guess what 40k is?

A Traditional Game.

Guess what quests aren't?

[spoiler]welcome on /tg/[/spoiler]
>>
>>512684
>Meanwhile, 1d4chan is an entire wiki devoted to storyfagging and warhammer fanfiction that was written, praised, and subsequently archived on /tg/.

Does your hypocrisy know no bounds? I'm serious. Do you not ever stop and ask yourself: "Hey! That stuff that I like to wank to in the warhammer threads sure seems awfully similar to the stuff they like to play in the quest threads!"
>>
>>512686
Says a very small minority (Never more than 12 unique IPs) that claims to be representing a very large majority (That never materializes or posts, even in unfiltered threads).
>>
>>512685
>i'm going to greentext at you without making a point because I'm secretly terrified because the mods finally listened to the majority instead of coddling a bunch of faggoty children
>>
>>512692
>the majority

Fucking where?
>>
>>512691
>Never more than 12 unique IPs

Why do you keep pulling this completely unsourcable number out of your ass? You look like a paranoid retard.
>>
>>512657
>"Joker Quest"
Is actually quite an interesting and original story with a lot of great characters and good writing inspired by heaps of dystopic /tg/ stuff. Kancolle is just fanfiction though
>>
>>512692
Kettle, meet pot.
The fact that you think quests are fanfiction shows that you know literally nothing about the subject matter and should fuck off. A lot of quests aren't derivative of anything.
And that majority still hasn't shown up even once, even though they've been invoked for almost a decade.
>>
a board can support a 150 threads

5 quests were running when qst was announced

Peak questing is 20 threads MAX on a Saturday.

It is too niche to support a board of its own.

It was fine on /tg/
>>
>>512694
Because it's consistently the truth. Metabitching threads never got more than two dozen posters total, and of the anti-quest posts, only a dozen or so actually increased the unique IP count. And those threads went all the way to autosage and beyond.
>>
>>512686
>hey, guess what 40k is?

Wiki definition of Warhammer 40K

>Warhammer 40,000 (informally known as Warhammer 40K, WH40K or simply 40K) is a tabletop miniature wargame produced by Games Workshop, set in a dystopian science-fantasy universe. Warhammer 40,000 was created by Rick Priestley in 1987 as the futuristic companion to Warhammer Fantasy Battle, sharing many game mechanics. Expansions for Warhammer 40,000 are released periodically which give rules for urban, planetary siege and large-scale combat. The game is in its seventh edition, which was released on May 24, 2014.

Things that are NOT Warhammer 40K:
>HOW HARD SHOULD I RAPE THIS ELDAR WAIFU?
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Angry_Marines
>>>/tg/4697077

Time to face facts, your fanbase is made of very few people who actually play the game and the rest are tertiary consumers who only are there to fap to the porn and write little fanfiction stories. Only a small subset of people are allowed to post on /tg/ under this definition.

You know what IS /tg/ related though? CYOA. Which quests do fall into. Maybe you can get that through your head before you further make an ass of yourself.
>>
>>512683
>If quest audience did NOT overlap, there would not be a single quest on /tg/.

There are Quest players and there are /tg/ posters. Quest players come for quests ,and /tg/ posters have had to filter you fucks. There's a reason you all have to tag your threads- even though the mods coddled you for all those years people would shitpost you into the dirt.

But hey. there's "only twelve people that hate quests," right questfag?
>>
>>512706
Fuck, lets try again

>>>/tg/46970771
>>
>>512710
>There are Quest players and there are /tg/ posters.

Quest players are /tg/ posters you imbecile.
They just don't post in the threads you like.
>>
>>512700
>It was fine on /tg/

I guess I should be able to make an elf cuckolding thread on /tg/ too right? Elf Cuckolding is too niche to support it's own board. I bet only twelve people would complain.
>>
>>512706
>CYOA. Which quests do fall into
Not really. They're pretty different things.
>>512710
>Quests are "other" from the rest of /tg/
>The silent majority of people filter quests
>quests "have" to tag themselves with quest and don't do it for ease of filtering and highlighting
lel. Good jokes, friend.
>>
>>512710
>There are Quest players and there are /tg/ posters
Where is your evidence for this?
>>
>>512713
blue board anon
>>
>>512714
>>quests "have" to tag themselves with quest

why don't you go ahead and not tag your quest and see what happens fampai
>>
>>512710
>But hey. there's "only twelve people that hate quests," right questfag?

Pretty much. Everyone else seems pretty cool with it.

In fact I've never seen a retard try to claim that /tg/ 40K posters, RPG posters, D&D and CYOA posters do not overlap with quest posters. That's a first one that I can only imagine is derived from some form of FAS in your skull.
>>
>>512713
Elf Cuckolding isn't a /tg/ game. It's NSFW aside, and so has to go somewhere else, like /d/ or /h/ or /aco/.
>>
>>512718

But anon text is never NSFW. That's why we can have lewd quests!
>>
>>512720
Absolutely nothing, or there wouldn't be so much bitching about that one guy who goes out of his way to break filters.
>>
>>512721
Of course

>/qa/
>actually about knowing the boards they whine about
>>
>>512724
msq and its ilk was shitcanned a year ago

try again
>>
>>512714
>Not really. They're pretty different things.

They actually aren't, they're a group of people coming together to decide the actions of the story.

CYOA can range from the character generators you see, to people making little stories for the characters they create. A quest is everyone making a story for a single character.

The overlap is huge.
>>
Speaking of which

>>>/tg/46963842

Epic! I'm glad you're using that extra board space wisely.

no go on, I want to hear how THIS is /tg/ related, but quests aren't. I want to hear your excuses.
>>
>>512729
CYOA is something you create, post, and then other people play by themselves and sometimes post results.
Quests are an ongoing thing that needs the group to participate and are much more flexible.
>>
>>512731
When is the last time you saw fifteen to twenty of those in a day?
>>
>>512739
Every time I click /tg/'s catalog, for one.

Want me to go through the archives and find them? There's plenty of examples of worthless bullshit posted in this very thread.
>>
>>512712
>They just don't post in the threads you like.
That's inaccurate. They just also post in the threads he doesn't like. They probably post in the threads he likes as well.
>>
>>512739
Just because I know it makes you mad, here's a couple more

>>>/tg/46958765
>>>/tg/46972601

Man, I sure am glad those nasty quests are gone. All the trash is out of /tg/ forever!
>>
File: the visage of DOOM.jpg (46 KB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
the visage of DOOM.jpg
46 KB, 230x250
1600 threads in tg internal archive
130 are quests

8%

how is this killing /tg/?
>>
>>512721
>Everyone else seems pretty cool with it.
Then you must not use /tg/.

>>512722
>Elf Cuckolding isn't a /tg/ game
Just like Quests!
>has to go somewhere else, like /d/ or /h/ or /aco/.
JUST LIKE QUESTS!

>>>/qst/
>>
>>512721
I've only ever seen that on /qa/. The meta-discussions on /tg/ are never that retarded.
>>
>>512748
>dead
Nice try, though.

The other has a legitimate point. Wizards in a lot of settings are oddly enough, pretty mundane.
>>
>>512748
Whoops that one got deleted.

It's a good thing that there is a multitude of threads that aren't even remotely qualified to be tangential to /tg/ that exist on /tg/.

>>>/tg/46965194

>>512722
>>512753
You say that, but Elf Cuckolding is literally the thread I just linked. There are more like it.
>>
>>512753
Looking on /tg/, I don't see a massive celebration against quests.
Almost like you don't represent us and probably don't use the board at all.
>>
>>512757
>aren't even remotely qualified to be tangential to /tg/ that exist on /tg/.

JUST

QUESTS!
>>
>>512751
Add maybe 100 or so more to that total if you include deleted threads so it comes out to an even lower percentage.
>>
>>512759
>Looking on /tg/, I don't see a massive celebration against quests.

Because we've always been allowed to make meta-threads, right?

Try looking at the few Quests that stubbornly try to post there, and how people are telling them to fuck off.

When /wst/ was banned what did you see? Were you expecting a parade or something?
>>
File: pD7g8WZ.png (174 KB, 308x275) Image search: [Google]
pD7g8WZ.png
174 KB, 308x275
>>512756
>The other has a legitimate point

But it's not /tg/ related. In fact, there is nothing in that thread that is even remotely related to /tg/.

Are you going to argue that anything involving wizards is /tg/ related, now? That's an even dumber argument than arguing that quests are /tg/ related.

Space Station 13 involves wizards, and look!

>>>/tg/46923100

/tg/ Has a space station 13 thread! A GENERAL thread at that! Which is very clearly a video game.

One that has a /vg/ general, at that.

>>>/vg/140398868

But again, I sure am glad those nasty quests are gone. Now I can enjoy my video games and elf waifufagging in peace!

>>512760
So, you won't define what IS /tg/ related, or at least /tg/ related enough to include those threads but exclude quests.

Here's an idea: Let's permaban all of /tg/, wipe it clean, and white-list maybe ten of your dumb, smegma ridden friends to decide what is or isn't /tg/ related. Is that what you want? Because that really seems like the only way to please you retarded autists.
>>
>>512759
meta threads are against the rules

read the rules newfriend
>>
>>512764
don't forget Elder Scrolls Lore Generals
>>
>>512763
All I see in those quests is literally less than five faggots trying to link to /wst/ and getting deleted and timed out for it.
If it was that massive, it would be a lot more than that.
But your majority is silent and immaterial.
Even /wst/ was just a few loud faggots crying about it.
>>
>>512763
>>512766

>Because we've always been allowed to make meta-threads, right?

Here's a meta-thread which is doing just fine

>>>/tg/46963842

What the fuck is your excuse for not making one? Except being a cowardly idiot, of course.
>>
>>512767
And Dark Souls lore
>>
>>512768
/qst/*
>>
>>512768
The smut threads needed to go, and still need to go. Every so often, a perfectly fine thread will go to fuck when the fetishfags (usually vore) descend like a plague.
>>
File: that's_you.jpg (39 KB, 500x236) Image search: [Google]
that's_you.jpg
39 KB, 500x236
ALERT
ALERT

QUESTTHREAD IN PROGRESS ON /tg/

>>>/tg/46835236

Oh, no wait. That's the "Storywriting" thread! Which IS perfectly /tg/ related!

My mistake! This is exemplary /tg/ posting, but if any of those faggots asked someone what to do in their story, it would be a BAKA GAIJIN quest thread and I would have to roll around screaming to the moderators until they made /st/ - Storytime like the autist that I am!

Carry on!
>>
Or how about THIS excellent /tg/ thread

>>>/tg/46961779

Tic-tac-toe. On /tg/. No, let's not go to the multitudes of sites which let you play this in real-time. I want to play it on the imageboard.

well, I GUESS that's technically a traditional game. Technically. Please ignore that it's not mentioned in the rules anywhere, and is therefore just as /tg/ related as quests are.

Can't wait for my 4th edition backgammon book.
>>
But wait there's more!

An honest to goodness minecraft thread. That's certainly more /tg/ related than roleplaying

>>>/tg/46963751
>>
>>512780
>/tg/ has a fucking minecraft thread

That's hilarious.

Utterly hilarious.

I'm noticing the anti-questfags are getting awfully quiet all of the sudden. Can't imagine why.
>>
>>512784
its a school night
>>
>>512786
>its a school night
That explains why quest threads erupt on weekends like a bad pimple.
>>
>>512786
Oh you're right, I forgot that little Jimmy and his friends have been failing English for some time now.

Probably why they have such a disdain for reading.
>>
>>512788
Same with every thread on /tg/, really.

PS: How's your minecraft server?
>>
>>512788
>everyone on 4chan is a neet

some people have jobs. you know, that thing your leaves the house for.
>>
>>512791
Actually, I've never even played Minecraft.
>>
>>512794
You save that time for SS13, huh?

Glad to know that SS13, Minecraft, and Tic-Tac-Toe is /tg/ related.
>>
>>>/tg/46944161

A shameless copypasta and screencap thread! How on-topic and not-cancerous this is!
>>
>>512802
I don't play that, either. And I loathe Dark Souls, so don't even try that.

Nice strawman, though.
>>
>>512170
Except moot literally stickied himself throwing a tantrum on /q/ saying he'll never ever move quests because so many people wanted them gone from /tg/.

Much like his other retarded decisions like making /vr/, banning /r9k/ and /pol/ twice, taking years to make a business&finances board, etc.
>>
>>512229
>People don't stumble onto entirely different boards. It doesn't happen.
That's wrong, I do it all the time.
>>
>>512807
Address the question, faggot.
>>
>>512807
>Strawman

You know what's a strawman? Assuming every quest isn't /tg/ related because you saw some anime quests despite many quests being Warhammer, D&D, fantasy, and sci-fi.

Nice strawman, though.
>>
>>512810
I sometimes mis-click /toy/. I don't stay because /toy/ isn't relevant to my interests unless it's the nerf thread.

So let's look at the potential mis-clickers that /qst/ will have?

>/pol/
>/sci/

Oh man, it's gonna be one hell of a ride.
>>
>>512811
The difference is, that while I dislike those threads as well, I only have to hide one. They're at least nice enough to contain the crap in one thread and not spew it all over the board like the Questers have. It's shit, but it's a less annoying type of shit.

And they don't try and evade filters just because they're that desperate for the attention. The guy that runs the NERV threads even admitted to not putting 'quest' in the title for that reason.
>>
>>512818
No, you have to hide 5 and counting
>>
>>512818
Oh, are you that guy who thinks literally everything is a general and has filtered away 95% of the board? Because that guy was hilarious and I wish he'd come back.
>>
>>512818
>I had to use a filter to avoid all but 1 quest, while I have to manually hide every single other thread I hide. QUESTS ARE THE PROBLEM!

You're not making much sense friendo.
>>
>>512826
No, but there are a fuckload of Generals on the board. If you filtered them, there'd be nothing left.

>>512834
If it were only one QM that wanted to be an ass and not use the word "Quest" I wouldn't have a problem with it. Hell, I don't have a problem with it, but too many people want to get cute with the filters. /qst/ could theoretically work, but so would a "Hey guys, just put [Quest] before the title of your thread, thanks" rule on /tg/.
>>
>>>/tg/46973743

This is very important to /tg/
>>
>>512071
Why?
Because they are new?
What about the new boards that get more use than some of the older boards?
Last I checked, /po/ is close to being dead while /wsr/ is doing more than /r/ could have hoped to.
>>
>>512850
That's your reason this 'menace' which eats a whole 8% of the board needs to be deleted? Because it gets past your filters sometimes?

I envy you if this is one of your life problems. I want to filter all the fucking warhammer threads, but there is no marker for warhammer threads that gets rid of them. The most cancerous ones remain like "ELDAR SLAVE WHAT DO"

Maybe warhammer threads should be forced to put 'warhammer' in their subject line.
>>
>>512887
Look, if you like to play a rousing game of whack-a-mole while trying to browse the board of your choice, that's your business.

Quest threads were dumped on /tg/ without it's consent, and asking someone not to be a jackass about a thread title isn't a huge deal.

A tagging system wouldn't be bad, but that's too much like the Site That Cannot Be Named and we can't have that.
>>
>>512850
>but so would a "Hey guys, just put [Quest] before the title of your thread, thanks" rule on /tg/.

You mean the thing questrunners agreed to do to get you faggots to ease up on the constant bitching? And then you all kept bitching anyway? You should be glad it's just one or two QMs that get cheeky with your filters, senpai.
>>
>>512887
This.

Fuck me, nothing could stoke up more hate for Warhammer than browsing /tg/ possibly could. I've never seen a quest as insipid as these My Little Commissar/Eldar Slav What Do? tier threads. And now with Age of Smegmar up there's a 30% increase in threads about ineffectual squabbling over how much of GW's cock their fanbase should be obligated to slurp.

I just want to talk about Infinity and Eclipse Phase, and read Hellborn on the blue moon incidences where it's up.
>>
>>512893
Quest threads started on /tg/. There was exactly one instance of maybe 20 quests being put on /tg/ over the course of three days and told to stay there, and that was entirely because /a/ cried about the three that were there and someone in the mod team decided to move the ones in other boards two.
/tg/ has always been where quests were. The protoquests were up at the same time as warhammer wednesday and the first real quests were exclusively on /tg/.
>>
>>512901
Well, there is /epg/ up at 67 posts.
>>
>>512893
>Quests were dumped on /tg/

Oh, you're still going with this lie?

/tg/ is the birthplace of questing. We had quests from /a/ and /v/ shoved on us when /a/ got its stringy panties in a twist, and they quite promptly died.
>>
>>512817
Huh, well I sometimes notice a board that I've never been to and visit it. Sometimes I stay, sometimes not.
>>
>>512066
>quests are /tg/
This shit was always stupid. No they aren't. How in the fuck is quests a traditional game?
>>
>>513031
How aren't they?
And don't say that it's because they're played over the internet, because so is literally every other /tg/ game. They even have special programs for a lot of them.
>>
>>513060
>How aren't they?
This isn't an answer to my question, mate.
>>
>>513089
Okay, here's an answer to your question.
Quests are formatted like an RPG, with one person running it and a number of players playing it. The person running it controls the setting and most events, the players have agency in the form of a specific character whose point of view is their connection to the game world.
There is literally only one difference between a quest and most rpgs, and that's the player to character ratio, usually with a single character to many players. And no, this is not such a jarring difference, since there's at least one RPG designed for exactly that (Everyone is John).
Now you answer my question. How are they not related?
>>
File: bd8.png (270 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
bd8.png
270 KB, 1190x906
>>512066
>quests are /tg/

You earned this, my friend
>>
File: 1436106286089.jpg (45 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1436106286089.jpg
45 KB, 620x670
>>512380
>USE A FUCKING PASTEBIN THEN YOU AUTISTIC SPAZ.

>hey guys let's transfer 120 threads with reaction images and inter-thread links into a single page of pure text!
>>
>>512066
Quests are not /tg/.

I think the /qst/ trial board won't work well at all unless mods try to enforce people going to /qst/ instead of planting their feet in /tg/ refusing to give it any chance at all.
>>
>>512725
>about that one guy who goes out of his way to break filters.
You just reminded me of the fuckwits on /d/ who put their subject line into the name field to fuck with filters.
I wish that was a bannable offense.
>>
File: 1453369767040.png (137 KB, 273x266) Image search: [Google]
1453369767040.png
137 KB, 273x266
>>512808
>retarded decisions like making /vr/

You take that back this instant. /vr/ is leagues above /v/ in quality even on its bad days, and it's near-impossible to talk about a more obscure retro game on /v/ without it getting swept off the board due to the fast pace in which it moves. /vr/ is slow but it benefits from being slow, I don't know what your problem with it is.
>>
>>512756
>The other has a legitimate point. Wizards in a lot of settings are oddly enough, pretty mundane.
It's one of the retarded "I'm making a D&D thread but not specifying that it's about D&D because there is nothing but D&D" threads. I haven't read it, but that's apparent from the OP post.
Those threads should all be purged because they are fucknut retarded.
>"Why does magic not use mana?"
>"Why are all elves sluts?"
>"Why can't fighters compete with wizards?"
The answer is always "It depends on the fucking setting you fucking faggot", which makes the OP one of the worst possible thread starters. These threads are nothing but bait and waste space on the board for interesting threads.
>>
File: qst.png (68 KB, 838x162) Image search: [Google]
qst.png
68 KB, 838x162
This really is /qst/ in a nutshell.
>>
So all of the questfags boycott /qst/ and then complain that there's nothing but shitposts there?

/tg/ just needs a rule to get rid of them on the board now, and see how /qst/ actually functions when it is actually allowed to do so, rather than be boycotted into obscurity by dumb niggers.
>>
>>513600
Or better yet, /qst/ should just be deleted because it's an extraneous addition that very few people asked for which has minimal benefit for /tg/ to everyone except the worst bleeding-vagina whiners.
>>
>>513518
>Quests are not /tg/.

Except quests are /tg/ and have been /tg/ since before you started using this site, you fucking newfag.
>>
>>513608
Accusing anyone and everyone that disagrees with you of being new isn't going to sway any opinions.
>>
>>513609
>Accusing anyone and everyone that disagrees with you of being new isn't going to sway any opinions.

Pretending that quests aren't /tg/ related when they've been on /tg/ since 2008 isn't going to make you seem like you know what you're talking about.

Quests were 8% of a board that was already low-pop. Whoever thought it could support its own board in the first place clearly never used /tg/ or took the time to count the threads that they were complaining about.

We're now to the point where the only argument people have for /qst/ is "But I want it!" as every other argument has been shot down.
>>
>>513607
t. questfag
>>
>>513612
>I can't argue with you, so I'll call you a questfag

Piss off redditor, we don't need to turn every board into a fragmented safe space just because that's what you're used to having.
>>
https://desustorage.org/q/thread/757191/#q757279
Sun 01 Sep 2013 18:30:09 No.757279
>To approach the situation as objectively as I can, I would say that as of the boards currently on 4chan, /tg/ is the best fit for quests.

>That said, I do think they deserve their own board. NOT because I hate them or because I think they arent /tg/ related or whatever, but rather because their posting style is so wildly different from the rest of /tg/.

>Consider /v/ and why /vg/ was created. It wasnt because generals werent /v/ related or because a majority of the board hated them, it was because by their very nature, they overtook the top of the board and they created their own subculture within the board.

>In my opinion, quests and quest related threads are very much the same. They promote isolation, subcultures, and thread exclusive in-jokes/memes. Not to mention that by their very nature they tend to overwhelm the top of the board since good discussion takes longer between posts than a bunch of anons voting to lesbosex the magical girl or whatever.
>>
>>513777
Who gives a shit about the front page or viewing the catalog by anything other than creation date?
>>
Finally saving /tg/.
>>
>>514368
Excuse me commissar, but why are you so full of shit?
>>
>>513777
>. It wasnt because generals werent /v/ related or because a majority of the board hated them, it was because by their very nature, they overtook the top of the board and they created their own subculture within the board.
No, I believe the biggest reason for that was because every non-generalfag fucking hated the things.
>>
So are the mods ever going to actually make an effort on the board? So far in the 36ish hours the board has existed, there has been all of three mod posts, and they have all been tiny pointless 'changed a thing' posts rather than any attempt to talk to the people that are supposed to be using the board.

Assuming the manager that started this genuinely thought he was doing questfags a favor, it would be super nice if he'd actually show up again and maybe talk to them so the board can maybe turn into something that isn't a halfbaked mess that the intended userbase actively refuses to use.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.