[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Red(dit) Scare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
File: reddit logo.jpg (42 KB, 674x501) Image search: [Google]
reddit logo.jpg
42 KB, 674x501
Why are so many people here so quick to cry wolf and accuse someone of being from Reddit? In fact, why has Reddit become the 4chan bogeyman anyway?

It's like some dumbass form of McCarthyism used as a baseless ad hominem attack whenever an anon says something that another dislikes or disagrees with.

Newsflash: NOBODY HERE FUCKING CARES ABOUT REDDIT. If you faggots are so obsessed with Reddit, then why don't you just fucking go there already?

In fact, I'm willing to bet that most of the Boys who Cry Reddit are closeted Redditors themselves.
>>
>>510955
>has Reddit become the 4chan bogeyman
Because GBS, Fark and Gaia are irrelevant now
did you think the "go back to X" phenomenon was new?
>>
>>510973
No. I just think it's fucking dumb.
>>
File: 1459909928385.jpg (98 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459909928385.jpg
98 KB, 1024x1024
>>510955
go back to gaia online
>>
>>510977
Nice blog.
>>
>>510980
Thanks faggot.
>>
>>510955
Why do you think /qa/ considers itself a separate entity from every other 4chan board, rather than a representative of 4chan boards?
>>
>>510988
How the fuck do you think I'm implying that?
>>
>>510990
I'm just asking if you think that phenomenon is weird or not.
>>
You can tell this guy is cool by how much he swears. Like, when I think 'cool' and 'knowledgeable' and 'totally not a child', I think of people that use naughty words.
>>
File: 1457477362596.png (1 MB, 1025x1324) Image search: [Google]
1457477362596.png
1 MB, 1025x1324
>>510996
>getting triggered by only 4 swear words in the OP
Well shoot, sorry I hurt your virgin eyes anon. I'll be sure to watch my gosh-darn language from now on.
>>
>>511001
>getting triggered by only one post in this bad thread
Calm down, you're getting very excited and it isn't good for your health.
>>
>>510955
You're right about most things OP except for your implication that there's no reason to dislike reddit whatsoever.

There are reasons to dislike it, and even to think lowly of people who use it.
But it shouldn't be news to you that any time a majority agrees that something is dumb there's going to be a lot of people who jump on the bandwagon without understanding why it was disliked in the first place.

In my experience, on 4chan those people are often the ones you see the most because since they don't understand the point it's just a generic insult to them. So they use it in inappropriate ways, and more people see them using it this way and it just spreads around until the meaning seems lost.

But again, there are definitely legitimate reasons why that site and even its users are disliked.
>>
>>511008
It's not that I think that there are no reasons to dislike Reddit. Believe me, I know there are tons.

At the same time though, having to constantly be reminded of everyone's raging hateboner for Reddit can get pretty old and annoying.
>>
File: reddit joke.png (169 KB, 1057x3301) Image search: [Google]
reddit joke.png
169 KB, 1057x3301
>>510955
Checked

We used to hate rabbit because they're literal cancer with no self respect, but then all the stormniggers in /pol/ and fedoras in /r9k/ vocally framed the issue as a an SJW meme.

The big takeaway here is that reddit is pretty much an honorary containment board alongside of /pol/ and /r9k/.
>>
>>510978
nice strawman
>>
>>511015
Sometimes it's dumb, but I don't mind the mindless drones doing my bidding for me.

If hating reddit makes reddit hate us then I say let the mob be as irrational as they want.
At the very least it'll hopefully remind redditors coming over here to remember that it's a different site, and not some vacation home for them to just shitpost and leave.
>>
>>511016
Don't forget /s4s/ and /mlp/. We have 4 containment boards. 5 if you count Reddit.
>>
This is my interpretation:

10 years ago, the main "rivalries" were with Ebaums and Gaia.

More than likely, the dumbshits laughing at Ebaums back then are the dumbshits laughing at Reddit now. Likewise, the idiot scene girls on Gaia back then are the insecure 20-somethings on Tumblr now.

These so-called "website rivalries" are in fact rivalries between specific real-life demographics of people; the websites change, but the cohorts stay the same.
>>
>>511016
That comic is stupid because the typial /v/ jokes are always shit before they get "stolen" aka reposted on the other sites.
>>511029
We only have a single containment board and that is /mlp/. No other board has (sadly) that status of sitewide ban. There was /furry/ too long while ago.
>>
File: reddit jokes.png (440 KB, 361x2635) Image search: [Google]
reddit jokes.png
440 KB, 361x2635
>>511029
Except /s4s/ is actually good.

>>511039
There were a lot of pictures like this made back in 2011 when reddit's version of rage comics were everywhere. It's a pity too, those retards killed our tradition of mspaint comics (I actually have over a thousand of these saved somewhere for posterity).

>>511038
I like how back in the day we used to call people gaiafags instead of newfags because it actually meant that that sort of cancer didn't belong here.

My take on it though is that reddit is all of the people who only began learning to use internet in the last decade because of social networks like facebook and tumblr is just the modern manifestation of livejournal, diaryland, vampirefreaks, etc...

The only real "rivals" to 4chan back then were SomethingAwful, LUEshi, and maybe Gen[m]ay (though I don't remember them being mentioned on 4chan very often back then). Somehow they've avoided becoming cancerous cesspools, unless you count paying 10 bux for forum membership cancerous (lol, SA).

If you don't believe that /pol/ and /r9k/ are containment boards then you should check out some stats an anon on /sci/ posted. They used the 4chan api to gather data about how often each board was mentioned in every other board. The data clearly showed that /pol/ and to a lesser extent /r9k/ were mentioned a ridiculous amount in EVERY board. It was a good thread, Moot posted in it. The next day he turned /pol/ into /cuck/ and caused the board to implode.
>>
File: yawn.gif (293 KB, 140x150) Image search: [Google]
yawn.gif
293 KB, 140x150
>>511115
>Except /s4s/ is actually good.
Here's your (You).
>>
>>511115
>Except /s4s/ is actually good.
That is not an acceptable opinion, sorry.
s4s is objectively an awful board. You're just pretending to like it because "le irony".
>>
>>511115
>511115
>511115
Holy shittihs yloH
>>
>>510955
Reddit for some strange reason represents the land of the SJWs. When in reality most boards on 4chan are just excessively edgy for no reason, so anyone who isn't looks like a SJW.
>>
>>511016
>>511029
>>511039
/vp/ and /vg/ too. /vg/ is the only "true" containment board along with /mlp/.
>>
>>511161
That's tumblr though.
>>
I just don't like hivemind opinions, on /pol/ you may get a majority opinion, but you get more stuff. I don't like how everything is ONE opinion, and you can only get ONE point of view. I've disliked the layout and many other things from it, it's not something I would get used to.
>>
>>510955
>Why are so many people here so quick to cry wolf and accuse someone of being from Reddit? In fact, why has Reddit become the 4chan bogeyman anyway?
see >>510973
4chan is full of banal sheepish retards who place the blame on everyone but themselves for turning a given community to shit just like anywhere else on the internet

the kind of person who openly admits they regularly surf reddit for non-niche interests on this site is generally a shitposting retard or general denizen anyway, the site does tend to attract some real pieces of shit just like 4chan does, though I find 4chan shitbags more tolerable than reddit-tier retards
>>
>>510955
Honestly the idea that people are "from" websites is stupid. I post on 4chan probably more than any other site but I don't consider myself "from" here when I post on other forums. They aren't clubs.
>>
File: reddit self respect.png (580 KB, 1142x1226) Image search: [Google]
reddit self respect.png
580 KB, 1142x1226
>>511117
>>511118
Sorry, I meant [s4s].

>>511161
That's only recently and only because of retards like /pol/ and /s4s/. The real reason we hate rebbit is pic related.

>>511292
Those statistics that /sci/ anon collected actually showed that /vg/ was mentioned a disproportionate amount as well, but not nearly as often as /pol/ and /r9k/. I don't think /mlp/ even showed up. I guess that means that /mlp/ is the only containment board that actually works? If you ask me we should start labeling /pol/ users whenever they post outside of their home board, they're cancerous no matter where they go.

>>511303
>
>>8464584
>I just don't like hivemind opinions, on /pol/ you may get a majority opinion, but you get more stuff.
10/10 lol, now gb2 your hugbox.
>>
>>511025
Reddit has been here for over 6 years.
>>
File: 4chan stats board mention.png (46 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
4chan stats board mention.png
46 KB, 1600x1200
https://warosu.org/sci/thread/S6929099
>>
File: filthy frank kid.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
filthy frank kid.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>510955
Oh, hey /r/copypasta.
>>
>>510955
>>510955
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
>>
>>511599
i love that song
>>
>>510955
if you like reddit so much how about you go back there.
i saw a thread on /tv/ where people were unironically linking to reddit. some people don't even pretend to not be new fags anymore

also /v/ hates reddit because they killed ace of spades
/b/ hates reddit because they steal their memes
/r9k/ hates reddit because they're normies
>>
>>511025
>If hating reddit makes reddit hate us
reddit loves 4chan. whenever someone says anything negative about us they get downboated to shit. some cancerous faggets even advertise certain boards on reddit and encourage them to "try it out".
as someone who after starting off on 4chan but now browsers both after a thread on /fit/ about r/short people i can say that 4chan has more influence on reddit than reddit has on 4chan.
also r/4chan has 800000 subscribers lol
>>
>>510978
Gaia Online still exist? I wonder how dead is the community now.
>>
>>511689
Still confusingly active, last I checked. I always thought it would be funny to try and get 4chan together for some fishing.
>>
>>511606
>also /v/ hates reddit because they killed ace of spades

What. That minecraft-looking FPS? What did Reddit do?
>>
reddit is 4chan for normalfags
no one likes normalfags
therefore no one likes reddit

how hard is this to understand?
>>
>>511732
Reddit is 4chan for people who think they are funny but arent.

They always have to explain their shitty jokes and sarcasm, it makes me ill to read and why I hate seeing that same faggotry on 4chan
>>
>>511861
Yeah, I hate this. There's ALWAYS someone who steps in and says "For those who don't know, (explanation of the joke which is also inaccurate in some way)." just to get those free upvotes. Also people who don't even have anything to say, but they're like "As an engineer, I appreciated this." Well, though it's rare they're even that accomplished, so they say something like "As a guy taking computer science in high school" or something pitiful like that.

I'd take Japan's sense of humor where they've always got to have a "normal" guy retorting over Reddit's shit.
>>
>>511326
Fucking this. This "secret club" mentality has made 4chan far more cancerous than it needs to be. Nobody should care which websites you frequent so long as you contribute good discussions to 4chan and not act like a drooling shitbag.
>>
>>511606
>/r9k/ hates reddit because they're normies
But EVERYONE hates /r9k/ because they're retards.
>>
>>512028
>Nobody should care which websites you frequent so long as you contribute good discussions to 4chan
Only asshats care about good discussion on 4chan.
All the cool kids care about is fun discussion, and 9 out of 10 people who use reddit or no fun at all.
>>
>>511115
>Except /s4s/ is actually good
Kill yourself.
>>
>>512466
newfag detected
>>
It's just another divide and conquer tactic to disrupt online communities to prevent activism.

4chan and reddit came together for OWS. Anonymous exerted it's power and attacked credit card companies for blocking payments to wikileaks.

Since then we've been bombarded with these tactics.
4chan vs reddit
SJW's
Black vs white
Christian vs muslem
Gay vs strait
ect.

Anything to divide/disrupt/discredit and remove the focus from
Elite vs everyone else.
>>
>>512479
Internet activists should just fuck off in the first place.

Why does this sort of thing need to be associated with 4chan at all?
"4chan" didn't come together with reddit to attack shit. I'm sure what you really meant to say was a very tiny subset of 4chan users did.
>>
File: 1459821504285.jpg (60 KB, 520x537) Image search: [Google]
1459821504285.jpg
60 KB, 520x537
>>512479
Marxist pls go
>>
>>511118
You don't like [s4s] in the way you would pretend to like a bad musician or film, the board is just a collection of people acting silly and if you're willing to act silly too you can enjoy it
>>
>>511020
Mad because your avatar is shit desu
>>
>>511689
It still IS
Part 2 anyone?
>>
File: >sekret klub.jpg (187 KB, 1012x471) Image search: [Google]
>sekret klub.jpg
187 KB, 1012x471
>>512028
>Nobody should care which websites you frequent
No one does except retards who take everything literally and serious. What people don't want is bringing that shit up here AND acting like a cancerous retard from one of those community's.
>>
>>512911
That sure was a lot of text to explaining exactly why people hate secret-clubbers.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.