[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people surprised Hiro is making /film/ when he comes from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: hol up.jpg (146 KB, 536x700) Image search: [Google]
hol up.jpg
146 KB, 536x700
>people surprised Hiro is making /film/ when he comes from 2ch, a site with hundreds of boards many of which are duplicates

I told you fags this was going to happen, this guy comes from a completely different place where shit is run differently, he is not going to adapt, he doesn't even speak English for fuck's sake. He will turn this into 2ch 2.0
>>
>>510768
Did you ever stop to think that some 4chan boards are too crowded and need to be split up so the conflicting users don't argue with each other forever?
>>
I don't get it, what's so wrong with more boards? Like, how are they away from you?
>>
I don't understand why 4chan users don't think that they can go to more than one board.

I mean you're on a second board right now, I'm assuming. Nobody really calls /qa/ home except for me and my quest thread.
>>
>>510772
/tv/ is and never was such a board.
>>
>>510777
Because splitting up an already existing board is stupid and only makes the problem worse.
>>
>>510794
You mean "isn't and never was" or what?

Also /tv/ is such a board and if you disagree then you're one of the shitpo... wait.

Holy shit. If a board is 100% shitposting then that must mean that people on that board like shitposting.

This changes everything!
>>
>>510797
Okay, so right now you look like the US trying to defend the war on drugs, while Portugal, and every expert on the planet is like "No just treat it like a healthcare issue, not a criminal issue, and the drug cartels vanish and drug use will drop."

And then you're over here like, "Well just because it works for 2ch deosn't mean it would work on 4chan! The culture is different!"

And we're all like, "But the culture is different BECAUSE you don't DO the same things we do!"

And you're like, "You can take my second amendment right to shitpost out of my cold dead fingers."

And we're like, "But we don't want you or anybody else to die! It's the incentive systems that make people behave poorly, not anything endemic about the community!"

And you're like, "UNFILTER TB.H FA.M!"
>>
>>510772
>conflicting users don't argue with each other forever?
Maybe those users should learn to stop being big reddit fagbook babies and learn how to co-exist and adapt with the other users. "overcrowded" boards is literally a buzzword at this point used by idiots who want a new board for no reason and have no argument to support its existence.

>>510777
Because 4chan has always had their boards be big groups together. Why the fuck should I suddenly have to go to 5 different boards for something I like when right now I can just use one board and have it all together with all that fun there? Change for the sake of it is retarded.
>>
>>511201
>Because 4chan has always had their boards be big groups together. Why the fuck should I suddenly have to go to 5 different boards for something I like when right now I can just use one board and have it all together with all that fun there? Change for the sake of it is retarded.
Because maybe you like five different things and are occasionally only in the mood for one of those five things.
>>
>>511201
Keeping shit things the same just for the sake of tradition is retarded too, Milkless.
>>
>>510804
You clearly don't understand the concept of punishment.
>>
>>511391
I understand punishment just fine, and I don't agree with it. It doesn't work for what I want to accomplish (stopping crimes) as well as other, cheaper, less bloodthirsty methods.

I prefer mercy over justice. I wish other people did too.
>>
>>511387
No, there is nothing wrong with that. 4chan IS A COMMUNITY after-all. There is nothing wrong with tradition. Most community's thrive and are generally good because of their own culture and traditions. What is retarded is keep doing things by tradition when you have a very very valid reason to stop that or change it slightly. I have yet to see any reason other than people being big babys and not want to be with x person or that a small subset of users want to be deadly serious about everything and want to gut entire boards of everything, its users and fun turning it into nothing but shitposting because they want 'serious discussion' that isn't going to fucking happen. Especially when there are tons of other places on the internet like small forums and image board that are higher quality and better suited for that discussion.

Going to some place that isn't for you or you are new to and then going
>i dont like your traditions culture or the way you do things change it
Is even more retarded than sticking to tradition for the sake of it. 4chan was always great BECAUSE it was its own thing.
>>
>>511498
I just want you to know that I didn't read any of that. You're an idiot. Change is good. 4chan adds new boards all the fucking time. It used to be just /a/ and /b/. You're a dumbass. Change is a part of 4chan.

http://tanasinn.info/wiki/Complete_History_of_4chan

This article isn't "4chan was founded, the end." Literally every year something new happens.

Wanting 4chan to stop changing is a change because 4chan changing is part of the website. 4chan constantly changes.
>>
>>510768
Putting TV and movies on the same board was a dumb idea to begin with.
>>
>>511504
You are an idiot. I never said change was bad, but there is a difference between change and trying to fuck with every established community and change the entire way the site has ran since the very beginning into the direct opposite because you are a little bitch face faggot baby who just doesn't want to adapt to how the place it ran and want it to cater your stupid arse.

There is a clear difference between organic change that becomes naturally, because its cool and positive and forced unnatural change because people are big fucking babys who want change for the sake of it, don't like the way people do things and splitting entire fucking community's apart. If you want to rip entire boards apart, ask for the bloody text boards back instead. They will fill your needs better than destroying established fucking community's. Pretty much all the board splits are regarded as outright stupid and that they destroyed and left giant holes in the original board.

I don't see how not wanting the boards I like be ripped into shreds and something completely different because of someone who probably doesn't use it saying he doesn't like it and that it should change to his autistic whims somehow makes me the bad guy.
>>
>>511543
Again, I'm not reading a word of what you're saying. I just think you're a dumbass and I'm going to keep repeating myself because I'm assuming that you're repeating yourself.

Change is good and you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>511543
I bet you're one of those people who thinks slow boards are bad.
>>
>>511544
You're a fucking retard. Not all change is good and last I recall, going "i'm not reading what you are saying" is literally just going
>i read your post but i dont know how to refute it.

Fucking retard. You haven't provided a single reason why ripping entire community's into multiple parts is somehow good in any way other than going "change is good all change is good regardless of what it is it doesnt matter if you like your board im destroying it because i said it should change".
>>
>>511548
Change is good and you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>511548
>The community that I like
>/tv/

Go to hell, shitposter.
>>
>>511547
I literally already said slow shit is good. But there is no reason to add a few thousand slow board for zero reason, especially if there is next to no interest for them. More importantly, those boards are outright retarded to make if you are making them by ripping entire already established boards apart all for the sake of the fact you are a autistic faggot.

>>511549
Nice no u.
>>
>>511551
Never said it was /tv/, mate. The only way /film/ would be good in the first place if it was a /m/ style board. If you split /tv/, both boards will just become the designated bane meme boards.
>>
>>511554
Oh my mistake. I thought that you were actually having an on topic discussion about /film/ with us. I see that you're just a shitposting retard like every other time somebody uses the name "milkless cereal :(". I don't know what I expected.
>>
Everybody in this thread is replying to somebody I have filtered. What is the filtered person saying?
>>
>>511552
>ripping entire already established boards
You keep saying this like it's a bad thing. When you have a board like /tv/ filled with half a dozen factions of posters each trying to outmeme each other then it's time to separate them. The traffic flow is at a rate where it can support this and still be relatively fast compared to any of the other new boards that have been made recently. Your dogged defense of the status quo reeks of short sighted fear. New people are going to keep coming and the already established problems are only going to get worse. I applaud Hiro for having the vision to nip these problems in the bud in the best way for 4chan to grow.
>>
>>511556
So because I don't agree with you, I'm a shitposting? Nice. Enjoy your shitty board. If its an actual split, its going to stay true to its name and it is going to be a capeshit and starwars board and hiro isn't going to fucking listening to you like he listens to no one else. Enjoy the consequence of asking for stupid entire splits without putting any actual thought into it.

But, more importantly, the problem with /tv/ is literally moderation and the problem isn't going to suddenly change for /film/ either. That problem is going to exist with /film/, but, now its bigger because there is a whole extra board.

>>511559
Fucking retard. Read above.

>I applaud Hiro for having the vision to nip these problems in the bud in the best way for 4chan to grow.
So, you are going to applaud him for trying to fix a problem by doing nothing that actually fixes the problem and instead make more problems? There are fucking tons of ways to fix problems and new boards and board splits are amongst some of the most retarded. Especially since they are done by outright causing the previous board to go to shit. I can't remember who said it, but,
>Changes to 4chan shouldn't be done at the cost of your fellow anons
I think it was moot who said something along those lines?

You reek of an idiot who just likes to change things simply for the sake of it, even if no one wants it and the change is fucking stupid and outright refuses to accept any form of status quo is good or fun.
>>
>>511561
>So because I don't agree with you, I'm a shitposting? Nice. Enjoy your shitty board.
I wasn't talking to you, Anon. I was talking to Milkless. Milkless was shitposting. You're not shitposting. You are however, being an overreacting self conscious dumbass who can't recognize who is talking to whom. I wasn't replying to you, Anon. Calm the fuck down.
>>
Not OP, but I thought everyone would be interested in a little context. I personally don't think Hiro is going to turn 4chan into this, but just for fun, here's a list of anime/manga boards on 2channel (and keep in mind this is just under the anime&manga section, there's even more anime and manga boards under other sections)

Taken from the English Navigator:
>Anime & Manga News
>Anime Salon
>Anime Salon ex
>Anime
>Anime 2
>Anime News
>Classic Showa-era Anime
>Classic Heisei-era Anime
>Animated Films
>Anime Chars (General)
>Anime Chars (Specific)
>Doujin
>Doujin Events
>Manga Salon
>Manga
>Classic Manga
>Shonen Manga
>Shonen Manga Weeklies
>Shoujo Manga
>4-koma Manga
>Manga Characters
>Cardcaptor Sakura
>Evangelion
>Foriegn Cartoons & Comics
>Anime/Manga Industry
>Literature/Books Salon
>Light Novels
>>
File: 1196948315042.jpg (57 KB, 744x408) Image search: [Google]
1196948315042.jpg
57 KB, 744x408
>>511561
>So, you are going to applaud him for trying to fix a problem by doing nothing that actually fixes the problem and instead make more problems?
This is your opinion. I disagree.
>There are fucking tons of ways to fix problems and new boards and board splits are amongst some of the most retarded.
According to you.
>Especially since they are done by outright causing the previous board to go to shit.
Did /pol/ go to shit after /news/ and /his/ were created? Did /g/ go to shit after /biz/ was created?
>Changes to 4chan shouldn't be done at the cost of your fellow anons
Nobody said that. There is literally no cost at all to making new boards, except having sperglords like you freak out over nothing and shit up the feedback.
>change things simply for the sake of it
Or it could be that it really is needed whether you can accept that fact or not.
>even if no one wants it and the change is fucking stupid and outright refuses to accept any form of status quo is good or fun.
Where do you people even get this shit?
>>
>>511567
Fisking is for jerks.
>>
>>511567
>fisking
Post disfuckingregarded. You didn't even do it right.

>Did /pol/ go to shit after /news/ and /his/ were created? Did /g/ go to shit after /biz/ was created?
This argument makes no fucking sense. This isn't even comparable. /pol/ is a politics board. /news/ isn't fucking politics, its news. Two different things and /his/ is fucking history and humanities. These things have nothing to actually do with each other than a small string. Bitcoinz didn't even belong on /g/ on the first place. The only way it was related was that it was digital currency. It didn't fit on the board. Films and movies fit right hand to hand with tv shows. You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

/news/, /his/ and /biz weren't technically board splits. They were boards created from a theme that had gained a large interest on another board they were only loosely related too and given an actual home.

All the splits for /v/ were fucking stupid and there will never be a time where splitting /a/ into anime and a manga board will be a good idea or be supported.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.