[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Vivian threads, Gamergate, and 8ch still banned topics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 25
File: fMRqY6L.jpg (402 KB, 3004x1567) Image search: [Google]
fMRqY6L.jpg
402 KB, 3004x1567
Why are Vivian threads, Gamergate, and 8ch still banned topics on /v/?

The last one I can understand, but the former two are defintely /v/ related. Vivian was born on /v/ for starters, and gaming-related news, pertaining to drama, corruption, and so forth ARE /v/ related. I understand moot wanted to stifle these topics during their heat, but it's definitely died down now, and I see no reason why 4chan should continue hold any sort of allegiance to one side over another?

So why are GG/Vivian related discussions still banned on /v/? To cater to our tumblr userbase who gets asshurt at the mere mention of GG? Plenty of our userbase crossposts from 8ch as well ever since 4chan stopped being about free speech due to the increased speed here, but any relevant or interesting topics are instantly shut down by mods.

Doesn't exactly seem fair, does it? And all it's doing is its creating this idea that some topics are too taboo for 4chan, something this site has never stood for at its conception. The entire POINT of anonymity was freedom of speech.

I think that disallowing healthy discussion over controversial topics ultimately hurts this site severely, and makes it seem like only ONE opinion is the correct one (and it's the PC one), when that is never the case.

If anything, I'd like 4chan to go back to how it used to be, where people felt a lot more comfortable to discuss whatever topic they wanted as opposed to feeling like I'm a monkey in a cage and I'm only allowed to shitpost over trivial shit because interesting topics are instantly deleted by mods.
>>
File: 1390861545525.png (642 KB, 726x1040) Image search: [Google]
1390861545525.png
642 KB, 726x1040
Go away.
>>
>>501881
I'd say don't let it go back, that board is done for t b.q....
As much as I supported the movement, /v/ is not expecting chemo anytime soon.
>>
>>501881
Fuck off.
>>
>>501883
Mind at least answering my question instead of being a meming cunt?

Why are these two topics banned on /v/?

Why can /v/ have Samus threads, console-tan Tuesdays, but not Vivian threads?
>>
>>501888
Because some users used to dox zoe quinn and shit and moot wad trying to bang a girl from gawker and ya know....
>>
>>501891
Moot's gone now though, that's my point. Plus, 4channer have doxxed plenty of people in the past, and it's never been an issue before.
>>
Gamergate raped 4chan's corpse. No, really, it only brought more unwanted people to here. Redditors, underages, feminists. Not to mention that it was an epic fail, since feminazis are still messing up with games.

It destroyed 4chan even more, it made moot left (along with the Fappening and /pol/), and you still complain about it being banned?
>>
>>501896
Stiffling discussion that opposes redditors and femenists only makes this place more comfortable for those people.

Have you SEEN neo/v/? Tumblr ideology is unironically rampant these days.

Even if it's what attracted them in the first place, disallowing discussion tgat disagrees with them is what's causing them to stay. Do you realize how dumb that is? Do you realize that that's EXACTLY how they operate over on those hugboxes? Why should we shut up too and welcome them? Why are we censoring any discussion that offends these people when 4chan usex to self-moderate and scare away retards BY OFFENDING PEOPLE?
>>
>>501899 (You)
>>
>>501888
You want a serious answer? Fine, here's a serious answer.
You weren't here back in August. You just plain weren't if you think it'd be even remotely okay to start allowing that shit again. Nobody on /v/ has even a fraction of the maturity required to discuss a subject like that without acting like fucking monkeys about it- making dozens of threads, calling anyone who disagrees with them a tumblr reddit SJW, screaming and whining over meaningless Twitter posts, etc..
This utopia you speak of where everyone is having healthy discussion over controversial topics on 4chan has never and will never happen. A terrible man once said "Anonymity + Audience = Total fuckwad," and though he was a terrible man, he had a point.

>>501899
>Have you SEEN neo/v/? Tumblr ideology is unironically rampant these days.
That is exactly the opposite of /v/'s problem and that proves to me more than anything that you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>501888
>Memeing cunt
>Whining because he cant talk about his favorite memes
Not very self aware, are you boy?
>>
>>501902
Fuck, *August of 2014.
Can't believe it's been almost 2 years already.
>>
>>501899
Redditards love GamerGate, don't they even have a subleddit for it? Allowing GG discussion would make this place comfortable for them.
I wouldn't care about it if 4chan was still somehow secret and if you niGGers blamed other site, but no, you have to tell them that 4chan did it. Go fuck yourself, go back to 8gag.
>>
>>501896
>along with the Fappening and /pol/
Why anyone considers these a valid or real reason is completely beyond me. 4chan had seen much worse I sincerely doubt those were real reasons and were probably well times excuses.
>>
>>501902
>ugh you like weren't here!!
God it's like if the moderators would do their job it wouldn't be a big deal or something. Also fuck off with that ' you don't REALLY know' bullshit. It wasn't perfect or even tame, but it wasn't that terrible.

I feel like everyone who thought that was the end of days had never been around for any kind of meme explosion.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-19-20-52-52.jpg (844 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-19-20-52-52.jpg
844 KB, 1080x1920
>>501910
The thing is, I don't overly care about GG or their ideology, but some of the topics are interesting to discuss, and ARE vidya related.

Moreover, Vivian image dumps should be more than allowed. It's fucking dumb that mods have the power to shut down perfectly rule-abiding threads in order to shut down any discussion.

Pic related is an example from literally minutes ago. You immediately see people go on the defensive, some people bring rational discussion, and the thread gets shut down.

>>501902
I was her back when it happened, in fact, I've been coming here since 2006, and it was nothing out of the norn. 4chan has been through much MUCH worse. In fact, I strongly remember GG threads being contained to ine general thread, two at most, until they migrated to /vg/. Then they were shut down, and it blew up in defiance, and then they fucked off to 8ch.

4chan doing activism is NOT new. Anonymous and /b/ were both involved in the Occupy movements. I was there for it, I remember. And even before then, raids were a common thing on this forum. And trust me, that's not even close to the worst of shitstorms this forum has experienced, like not even. But if one thing is certain, 4chan has always stood for anonymity and freedom of speech, and GG is not even the worst it's had, at least not to justify utter censorship and PC-friendly board culture. There is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing GG-related topics on /v/, especially since the movement died down, and their homebase is on 8ch. And while there will always be opposition, the entire POINT of discourse is to allow conflicting views to butt heads with each other, not create a hugbox where everyone agrees.

If anything, /v/ desperately needs new mods, because shit like pic related is NOT ok. In fact, I guarantee I got a ban for that for posting "off-topic garbage."
>>
>>501923
>any discussion they don't like
Sorry, got lost in train of thought.
>>
>>501881
>it's definitely died down now
Crisis policies should be continued in perpetuity. I doubt the people have gotten any smarter.

>Plenty of our userbase crossposts from 8ch
Why would they use this shitty board when they've got a perfectly good board all for themselves?
>>
>>501925
>>501923
Also, I wanna add that this does not only pertain to GG related topics (stuff like Rapp being a hooker, Gawker getting btfo, etc...), but also anything doesn't adhere to /v/'s new PC-friendly board culture.

I distinctly remember DoA threads getting shut down for posting images if Marie Rose, or mods and janitors actively deleting any images of Marie, lewd or not, on the grounds that she "looked underage." On 4chan of all places.

I can cite dozens of other examples, but this is just a new trend on /v/, and many other boards in fact, and while it's obvious we've had an influx of tumblrtards, having that, on top of having to make this place a friebdly hugbox for them genuinely makes me upset.

I would leave at this point, but after 10 years of using this site, I'd at least like to try and make an effort to see if things can change for the better.
>>
>>501930
>Why would they use this shitty board when they've got a perfectly good board all for themselves?
Glitchy board
Slow traffic
Brand loyalty is retarded
This is our original home
>>
>>501881
>Plenty of our userbase crossposts from 8ch
oh fahk off
>>
>>501881
>The entire POINT of anonymity was freedom of speech.
>interesting topics are instantly deleted by mods
nye's bait
>>
>>501919
4chan had seen much worse in the past, I agree. But, in this case, there wasn't only one problem, there was three BIG problems occuring at the same time.
>>
>>501881
You don't have to be a tumblr SJW or even a leftist to hate gamergate cancer. 4chan was never how you describe, certain topics have always been bannable offenses. Go discuss your moral outrage over SJWs in the gaming industry on twitter, faggot, and stop asking to discuss activist faggotry here.
>>
File: 1364699971416.jpg (15 KB, 480x294) Image search: [Google]
1364699971416.jpg
15 KB, 480x294
>The mods are useless, we need user-side moderation!
Said the faggots who brought 4chan to a dead crawl with dubs spam.

>You people need to be open to more discussion topics!
Said the faggots who perpetuate the oxymoron of specific general threads where no one is allowed to disagree with the hivemind.

>We're allowed to have meaningless fun, it's 4chan culture!
You should already know who these attention-whoring faggots are.

And now we come back to the old
>Stop censoring me, I'm entitled to free speech!
Said the faggots who only want to use 4chan to push their bullshit agendas. Nothing good came out of Vivian, GG, or 8ch, and we're still dealing with the ripple effects. There's a whole bunch of other shit you can talk about on /v/ that's miles from any kind of censorship, but this what you're raising a stink about. Go fuck yourself.
>>
gamergate "discussions" shit up every thread they pop up in

vivian just leads to gamergate shitflinging
>>
>>501883
>>501885
>>501896
>>501899
>>501902
>>501904
>>501910
>>501941
>>501942
>>501946
laffing my ass's off
look at these *cucks* whom gote cheated on by le ebin blacc diccs lols >:D
>>
>>501881
>So why are GG/Vivian related discussions still banned on /v/?

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>501896
>Gamergate raped 4chan's corpse.
yup
>No, really, it only brought more unwanted people to here.
agreed
>Redditors, underages, feminists.
Nope. That's bullshit. The people it brought here are the MRAs and redpill idiots. Previous to that 4chan was pretty liberal and full of teens. Now it's a bunch of mid 20s /pol/tards who shitpost the same boring crap all over every body and become triggered at the slightest thing.
>>
>>501955
Vivian is video games, she has a game.
>>
>>501923
Yeah, you should've gotten a ban for posting off-topic garbage, because it IS off-topic garbage. What the hell does a meta thread have to do with video games? Gamergate has never, ever, ever been about video games. Even if you argue "but it's vidya culture!!" it's still FAR more about the people involved than it is about the video games. It's fucking politics, through and through.

I also find it hilariously ironic that you're mentioning hugboxes while also claiming that everyone should agree with you that Gamergate "discussion" should be allowed. Gamergate threads ARE hugboxes, through and through. It's just like the "tumblr ideology" you claim to hate, just on the opposite extreme.

>tl;dr
You deserved that ban, meta threads are not video games, and Gamergate is like 90/10 politics to video games.
>>
File: 1395630066430.png (340 KB, 360x867) Image search: [Google]
1395630066430.png
340 KB, 360x867
>>501972
Well shit, I guess Kim Kardashian is video games too, seeing as she has a game.
>>
I miss Gamergate desu. Anyone else have Gamergate nostalgia? Those were better times for sure.
>>
>>501972
So does My Little Pony, but you can't talk about it on /v/ and need to go to /mlp/.
>>
>>501978
Funny that you should mention that.
Kim Kardashians mobile game was allowed to have a general on /vg/ and wont get you banned from talking about it on /v/.
>>
>>501896
moot was a kike.

newfaggot cancer like you brought in this cult of admin/mod worship.

gas yourself or stay on neogaf.
>>
File: file.png (109 KB, 500x459) Image search: [Google]
file.png
109 KB, 500x459
>>501923
jewt works for google, does the bidding of VC kikes and he complains about "online activism".
>>
>>502004
LITERALLY the worst fucking time on /v/ by a long shot. And that is quite a feat for a board as low quality as /v/.
>>
>>502055
It was fun for me, there were lots of funny posts on /v/ and /v/ was united, I miss that.
>>
>>501881
Someone turned Vivian into a sjw. This is why. She isn't /v/ anymore.
>>
>>501881
Nah fuck off
>>
>>502056
>/v/ was united,
Maybe dfor you and your reddit kid friends in your hugbox generals about modern twitter warfare and propaganda. Every fucking thread had to be derailedd to be about those damn sjws and how they ruined every single videogame in existence oh yeah and how moot is a cuck kek xD desu smhfam
>>
>>501881

Once butthurt, always butthurt.
Remember, it's been damn near 6 years since MLP aired for the first time and people still get mad about that shit.

That's what you deal with when you have a board full of 14 year olds ran by moderators that are from Reddit.
>>
>>502063
I don't see how thats any worse than the shitposting they derail it with nowadays
>>
>>502055
Hello newfriend. GG isn't even the tip of the iceberg to how low /v/ has sunk. Not even close. GG was massively tame considering it was constrained to one general. Not other people's fault you're too dumb to hide threads you don't like.
>>
>>501975
>you deserve that ban for discussing things I don't like
But unironic SJW propaganda is totally fine on /v/ according to you. Exterminate yourself nigger, you don't belong on 4chan.
>>
>>501881
>trying to discuss what is more a political issue on /v/ rather than /pol/
why are gaters the most retarded people on this website?
>>
>People think GG was the lowest /v/ has sunk.

That reward still belongs to 2013 /v/. The single lowest year for any 4chan board I can remember.

I don't think that means GG should come back, but you can't even start to conflate GG to the worst /v/ ever become. 2013 was the year that all the moderation just gave up and the entire board was consumed with irrelevant banter that would have been considered stale and tired if it was on /b/.
>>
>>502086
>political issue
Finding out that Rapp was a hooker was less politics and more outright hilarious. Also, it a SJWs who.keep trying to shove politics into vidya, us making threads to complain about it, or threads to laugh at dumb shit the do, like the PR FOR NINTENDO MOONLINGHTING AS A PROSTITUTE, definitely constitutes a /v/-related topic. Especially if dank Reggie memes, and Iwata memorials have been allowed. It falls into the same category.
>>
>>502055
>literally the worst time on /v/
Stopped reading
>>
>>502096
it's not a video game, fucking deal with it.
>>
>>502164
It's about videogames and adheres to the rules.
>>
>>502167
>It's about videogames and adheres to the rules.
If that's "about video games" then all the blogshit on /v/ is also about video games, as it's about video game players and valuable members of the video game community.
>>
>>502086
Why are tumblrinas still afraid of the big bad GamerGate? Do you check under your bed at night for them?

Also there is no reason at all why GG should be banned on /v/ now. moot IS gone, but its the SJW mods he left in place that want to keep it banned. Hiro doesn't know shit about GG at all, mostly because no one bothered to tell him about it. If he knew about this and how it was video game culture, he'd allow it again
>>
>>502188
>Why are tumblrinas still afraid of the big bad GamerGate?
Furries aren't banned from 4chan because people quake in their boots at the thought of being molested at night, but because furries are generally awful people.

>If he knew about this and how it was video game culture, he'd allow it again
Hiroyuki is not a fan of Japan's internet right-wing and is unlikely to liek the Western one any better.
>>
>>502199
Hiro doesn't give a shit. He wanted this site to be for us. Why do you think he doesn't delete the shitty boards for? Fuck he doesn't like /pol/ and he allows them to do whatever they want.
>>
>>502199
>Furries aren't banned from 4chan because people quake in their boots at the thought of being molested at night, but because furries are generally awful people.
What do furries have to do with GamerGate to begin with? What possible comparison are you trying to make? You can't just go around and say "All of GamerGate is bad because of what a few faggots did".
>>
>>502205
/pol/ has been allowed to do whatever it wants for many years now. Incidentally,

>"People who try to do bad things use YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and 4chan also," Nishimura told us. "As long as such people live in the world, it happens. Right now, I don’t know how to stop them and I really want to know. If there is a way to stop it, we definitely follow the way."

>>502206
>What do furries have to do with GamerGate to begin with?
It was an analogy. I assure you that nobody genuinely checks under the bed for SJWs, either.

>You can't just go around and say "All of GamerGate is bad because of what a few faggots did".
Most of the Gamergaters who made their way into the boards I usually visit were insufferable faggots. As far as I can tell /v/ was generally a welcoming host to this community, which generally had a mentality of fighting the culture war on whatever front it could be found. They are all faggots.
>>
>>502211
>Most of the Gamergaters who made their way into the boards I usually visit were insufferable faggots. As far as I can tell /v/ was generally a welcoming host to this community, which generally had a mentality of fighting the culture war on whatever front it could be found. They are all faggots.
The only reason GG got banned from /v/ was because moot was not only dating a girl interning at Gawker, but he was also pretty friendly with Anita Sarkeesian as well, and he made that known in the leaked IRC logs. It was both his GF and Anita who convinced him to ban GG from /v/.

And then when /pol/ found out moot's GF was cucking him with some Chad, he threw a bitchfit and deleted /pol/ for a day or so. moot caused that mass exodus to 8Gag, and then only a few months after he did that he decided he was done with 4chan for good.

tl;dr moot was, and still is a massive cuck
>>
>>502213
So /v/ threw its lot in with a community that revels in pointless drama shit and was expelled from 4chan, and lives on 8ch to this day?

Sounds like the best of all worlds.
>>
>>502215
Except GamerGate actually exposed a lot of corrupt journalism. Yes GamerGate fucked up on multiple occasions, but the ideas that GamerGate started, such as anti-censorship and the SJW menace still live. That's why anytime you try and talk about censorship and get accused of being a GamerGater, that person is clearly a butthurt SJW
>>
>>502219
>Yes GamerGate fucked up on multiple occasions, but the ideas that GamerGate started, such as anti-censorship and the SJW menace still live.
People had been talking about censorship and progressive overreach before Gamergate came along and turned the whole movement into a laughingstock.

The fact that you're crediting Gamergate for "starting these ideas" only proves that you guys are a fucking joke.
>>
>>502224
GamerGate really helped spread the anti-censorship movement. You look before GamerGate and you'll notice there weren't even near that many complaints about censorship. Now because of it more and more people are pointing out how games such as FE: Fates and Xenoblade X were deliberately censored
>>
Thread ignored. lol
>>
>>502227
downvoted
>>
>>501933
>stuff like Rapp being a hooker

Alison Rapp was a hooker? So Gamergate really did have nothing to do with her being fired then.
>>
>>502225
If by "helped spread the anti-censorship movement" you mean "helped Breitbart and Milo get shit-ton of adsense revenue by pandering to anti-SJWs" then you're right.
>>
>>502076
>unironic SJW propaganda is totally fine on /v/ according to you.
Where did I ever say that. Not to fucking almost ALL of the "SJW propoganda" you see on /v/ is pretty fucking blatant bait. You don't honestly think for real that threads with Brianna Wu screencaps saying "Is she right?" are unironic SJW propoganda? If so, maybe you're the one who doesn't belong here seeing as you apparently manage to fall for the most obvious bait you can find on this website.
>>
>>502363
>shit-ton of adsense revenue

Most Anti-SJWs probably have adblock so I doubt they make that much off them.
>>
>>502390
Clickbait merchant please, Adblock/ublock doesn't get taboola links and doesn't get pageviews or clickthroughs. That's how kikebart makes money, by baiting gullible faggots like you guys.
>>
>>502335
Way to just take some anonymous idiot's post at face value. No, what she did was nude modeling which she posted on her Twitter. It's true that Gamergate had nothing to do with her being fired and that she's scum who lied about it to try and garner sympathy. But don't be stupid and sink to her level by calling her a hooker.
>>
>>502386
There is actually unironic posts as well. People from tumblr and reddit regularly post here, and have admitted it. Go to wny censorship thread that crops up, and the unironic division becomes evident.
>>
>>502205
>>502188
Is there any way to contact Hiro in order to explain this to him so that he tells the mods they have to allow such discussion?
>>
File: 1460254449224.jpg (112 KB, 1023x710) Image search: [Google]
1460254449224.jpg
112 KB, 1023x710
>>502526
>and people still claim all SJW bullshit ir just ironic while we have evidence of it right fucking here
Except she WAS a hooker, and it was exposed. This would be more obvious to people if any and all discussion about this incident wasn't stifled by mods each time it's brought up.

>but it's not vidya
Then neither was Iwata's death and Todd-posting. It's vidya related news, and should be allowed. Just because it doesn't fit your political agenda, doesn't meant its discussion should be stifled.

Also, feel free to look up the rest of the images proving her moonlighting as an escort yourself

>GG harasses women, they got Rapp fired
No, Rapp was fired because she worked as a prostitute while being PR for family-friendly Nintendo. GG had nothing to do with it. They were merely laughing at the mess cause it was too rich.
>>
>>502199
Stop spreading misinformation. Saying GG is full of awful people is like saying Anonymous is full of awful people. Yes you have retards, but that's the price of anonymity. You also have intelligent and rational people.

Which begs the question then. Why are you here?
>>
>>502533
How the fuck is that "proof"? Fuck you, SQW.
>>
>>502538
It wasn't I was drowsy and I read half of your post while is a state of half-wakedness.
My mistake. Carry on.
>>
>>502538
What's SQW?
>>
>>502553

A new meme SJWs are trying to push to label anyone who disagrees with them since "GooberGater" is losing its effectiveness and doesn't really make sense outside of gaming. A SQW is anyone who's not a SJW.
>>
File: rose18.jpg (131 KB, 372x316) Image search: [Google]
rose18.jpg
131 KB, 372x316
>>501881
>mfw Vivian is literally Rose
>mfw she is dating some cute guy right now and has a college degree and is a normie and 100 percent grew out of the internet and video games and would never even speak to the average /v/ nerd
>>
File: tldr.gif (1 MB, 270x214) Image search: [Google]
tldr.gif
1 MB, 270x214
Why does this thread just smell like cancer even without reading it?
>>
>>502541
Apology accepted. Glad to see people who haven't completely lost their minds.
>>
>>502556
What does the Q stand for?
>>
File: IMG_20160420_105802.jpg (353 KB, 1068x1584) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160420_105802.jpg
353 KB, 1068x1584
This is why.
>>
File: IMG_20160420_110038.jpg (297 KB, 1074x1695) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160420_110038.jpg
297 KB, 1074x1695
>>502579
It hurts...
>>
File: fzUo11f.gif (1018 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
fzUo11f.gif
1018 KB, 300x167
>>502579
>>502581
Nobody would lie on the internet. Everybody is 100% honest in everything they say. I am also an oil tycoon. My uncle is John Nintendo. I also genuinely and unironically browse Reddit.
>>
>>502579
>>502581
>>502585
Me too, I go on Reddit!
>>
>>502579
>>502581
>>502587
Me three!
>>
>>502579
>>502581
>>502585
>>502587
>>502588
>>502588
Man, I sure am glad to have a home with likeminded people who all go on Reddit. It truly is a beautiful thing.
>>
>>502589
>>502588
>>502587
>>502585
But if people don't actually post on Reddit and they're just being ironic, then how come Reddit screencaps and links are always posted on 4chan?
>>
>>502593
Because a few people actually DO go there, because it's one of the most popular forums on the planet and for that not to the case would be a statistical impossibility. And they bring shit back usually to make people like you mad.
>>
File: IMG_20160420_114735.jpg (26 KB, 1060x148) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160420_114735.jpg
26 KB, 1060x148
>>502597
>few
I'd be a lot more OK with Redditors coming here if 4chan wasn't so PC now.
>>
>>502598
>if 4chan wasn't so PC now
Take a trip to /pol/, say something positive about #BlackLivesMatter or the Democratic party, and watch what happens.
>>
>>502599
/pol/ is an outlier that is the mockery of every board. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>502609
It also happens to be one of the highest-traffic boards on the site. Also, your point is that "4chan is so PC now," and you have no actual evidence to back that up, only false dilemmas, like assuming that I'm PC for pointing out that /pol/ will spit in your face for having an opinion they don't like.
>>
File: IMG_20160420_125025.jpg (272 KB, 1059x1243) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160420_125025.jpg
272 KB, 1059x1243
>>502614
But it's still an outlier, as all the other boards combined still have way more traffic. It only barely surpasses /v/ or /b/, and /v/ is very PC friendly. Case in point, make a GG thread on /v/, and the mods delete it, that is, aside from the asspain evoked from the tumblr landwhales.

Vidya news, and GG are videogame culture and abide with the first rule.

GG threads aren't deleted because they break rules, GG threads are deleted because mods don't like them. Despite the fact that any GG-related thread is bound to hit bump limit, because people like discussing scandals and drama pertaining to vidya culture.
>>
File: 1411511978491.jpg (112 KB, 482x600) Image search: [Google]
1411511978491.jpg
112 KB, 482x600
>>502619
>Case in point, make a GG thread on /v/, and the mods delete it, that is, aside from the asspain evoked from the tumblr landwhales.
You can't be serious.
>Vidya news, and GG are videogame culture and abide with the first rule.
No they don't, GG is activist faggotry.
>GG threads are deleted because mods don't like them.
GG threads get deleted because you faggots should have never left twitter, not because they are "PC" what ever the fuck that means to you.

>mfw you actually believe the shit you're saying
>>
>>502623
>GG is activist faggotry
Agreed, but I still wanna talk about why it's funny that Rapp was a hooker, or why it's lame DoAX3 didn't come to the west etc...

I don't see why it's ok to censor these threads, when they both fall under "vidya culture."

>GG threads get deleted because you faggots should have never left twitter, not because they are "PC" what ever the fuck that means to you

That's a very keen way of saying, "they get deleted cause I don't like it." Like it or not, they're vidya related and abide by tge rules. Don't like them? Hide the threads. The fact that threads can be deleted BECAUSE idiots like you are offended by them is precisely what makes neo/v/ PC. That's exactly the sort of tactics SJWs use to stifle dissenters.

There is literally no reason why GG threads should be deleted when they pertain to vidya culture. If you're gonna write it into the rules that only SOME topics pertaining to vidya culture should be allowed, then you're gonna need to clarify fampai.
>>
>>502626
>The fact that threads can be deleted BECAUSE idiots like you are offended
You don't get it. The threads aren't offensive because of their content, they are offensive because they are thinly veiled excuses to post a bunch of twitter hashtags for you faggots to form your little anti-SJW brigade and go harass SJWs with names like SchlomoGoldbergstein. Meanwhile, half the faggots doing this are proud to tell everyone they are from 4chan.
>>
>>502626
Holy shit gb2 /r/kotakuinaction already and don't come back.
>>
>>502633
You first kiddo. You seem far more aware of reddit's inner workings than I do desu.
>>
>>502629
And raids have always happened on 4chan before GG ever even showed up. I'm not even saying GG activism should be allowed, I'm saying topics pertaining to vidya news ABIDE by the rules and SHOULD be allowed.

Mods and Janitors can happily delete twitter hashtag posts, that's fine, but disallowing discourse is the problem I have. Why should only the voice of GG supporters be the only one to be silenced? But if I wanna make a thread talking about Nintendo's PR rep being a hooker, I should be allowed. Especially since on that incident, GG is also not involved. They're just spectating, and watching as the idiots over at Kiwifarms are starting up a shitstorm. It's dumb that GG has become the boogieman for everything neo/v/ doesn't like, when /v/ has been aligned with GGs values well before it was even conceived. And again, a lot of 4chan oldfags have migrated to 8ch because of how "friendly" these board became.
>>
>>501881
Just go back to cripplechan and stay there, if it's so much better.
>>
>>502634
>>502636

Yeah because mentioning the subreddit you came from is somehow "knowing the inner workings of reddit".

You idiots have been caught time and time again trying to recruit for your stupid justice crusade here. When are you going to get it through your dense heads that very few people here give a shit about gaming clickbait sites and the shit they write? It has nothing to do with being 'PC' and everything to do with you faggots being activist cancer.

https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/492776/#q492777
https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/489423/#q489423
https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/487545/#q487786
>>
>>502633

>/pol/
>8gag
>/r/kotakuinaction
>/r/RedPill
>/r/MensRightsActivism
>GamerGate
>Stormfront
>Alt-Right

Anything else I should look into? People like you seem mighty scared by these things.
>>
>>502640
I think you're mistaking "scared" for "fed up with your faggotry".
>>
>>502639
>I came from
I've been here since 2006, I mentioned this earlier in the thread already. Quit pretending to be an oldfag in order to fit in.

>recruit
I don't give a fuck about GG's activism, but I do wanna talk about the bullshit that goes on in the industry. GG is my umbrella term because anything that doesn't agree with the SJW narrative is instantly labeled as made by Goobergaters.

Look, movements corrupt and dissolve and so forth, but MAYBE, maybe I wanna talk about the happenings of a videogane movement in a VIDEOGAME forum.

These sorts if topics were commonplace on /v/ for the longest time, they've only now become taboo. Honestly, if anyone needs to go back to whatever shithole they came from, it's you. 4chan is MY shithole, I was here first, and I've been tolerating retards like you shitting my forum since 2014.
>>
>>502639
>things get banned from 4chan for one reason or another
>people go somewhere else to talk about it because they can't do it here
>L-LOOK SHITLORD THAT'S WHERE YOU COME FROM STOP INVADING US

This is hilarious. It's like how you chase off anything that's not PC-approved outside of /pol/, then people go to /pol/ to say those things, then once those things are contained to /pol/ because of this, you say they're from "/pol/" even though the only reason they went to that board in the first place is because you contained those things to that board.
>>
>>502644
>I've been here since 2006
Quit pretending to be an oldfag in order to fit in.
>I don't give a fuck about GG's activism
That's why you are here defending GG's activism like a butthurt summerfag. There is no part of GG that isn't activism. It's a bunch of outraged faggots like you kneejerking over how horrible the SJWs who wrote such-and-such article are. Even worse are when the threads become nothing but hashtags. None of that has anything to do with vidya whether you accept that fact or not, which is one of the good reasons why it's banned here.

>>502647
You faggots have a perfectly good base of operations on cripplechan with multiple boards dedicated to the topic, not to mention multiple subreddits, and yet you idiots refuse to use it and bring that shit here.
>>
>>502648
bawwwwwww: the post

/v/ is shit and you are an idiot.
>>
>>502649
I didn't make the thread whining about how GG is still banned, faggot. Cry moar about not being able to discuss your faggotry.
>>
>>502650
it's the mods that have to delete it for free.

they're the cucks in all this.
>>
>>502639
>>502647

Oh by the way I just clicked those links.

Second link is an anti-GG faggot with a Reddit filename being happy that something that triggers him was deleted from /v/, so it has nothing to do with your boogeyman.

You SJWs are fucking retarded at this point. Keep using buzzwords like "activism" "/pol/" "moralfaggotry" "GG" "KiA" while claiming it's totally not about you wanting to control the content on 4chan to be more in line with your SJW sensibilities.
>>
File: 1456457434369.jpg (132 KB, 652x573) Image search: [Google]
1456457434369.jpg
132 KB, 652x573
>>502657
I like how you're ignoring that the threads prove /r/kotakuinaction was raiding /v/ trying to get blackup for their personal GG army.

When it finally, after long last sinks into that head of yours that the people who are shitting on GG ITT aren't SJWs but in fact are the other 98% of the rest of 4chan who hates GG for being cancerous activism and not because we're "PC" then you will be making progress.
>>
File: 1447002998889.jpg (453 KB, 990x717) Image search: [Google]
1447002998889.jpg
453 KB, 990x717
>>502661
>making progress.

That's cute. Was that intentional?

Can't really see any proof since all the images on desutorage seem broken, but at worst it means some people take their images from there. Not really any "raid" or "blackup for their personal GG army".

Look, I've just checked those /qa/ threads and they're full of retards who obviously don't browse /v/ or most other boards. Some guy claiming that people who don't want censorship in games are "/pol/tards" and "/r/kotakuinaction fags" even though the majority of /v/ has been complaining about this shit way before GG even existed.

All those threads prove is that /qa/ is full of whiny Redditors who will go so far as to make threads on /qa/ to get content that triggers them removed from the boards they monitor, which is sadder than anything "GG" does. When it's something you don't like, it's "GG" "activism" "moralfaggotry" "kotakuinaction" "raids" "/pol/ and thus bannable, but when you faggots are shitting up our boards, it's "free speech" or "bait", and if it's literal raids from your Reddit boards like GamerGhazi, it can be ignored.
>>
>>502661
Quit false-flagging, you're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>502661
Consider suicide
All of you
>>
File: 1426467217270.jpg (43 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
1426467217270.jpg
43 KB, 600x706
>>502665
>that image
Jesus fucking Christ. Why? Why can't they just leave us alone?
>>
>>502665
I remember getting a ban from there
>>
>>502533
What I love about this thread is that it proves exactly why GG should remain banned.

GG "sleuthing" is cobbling together random info with reaching so far a manlet can get something off the top shelf and calling it "investigative reporting"

>>502556
>the only person who could push sqw's is a sjw, but the reverse isnt true

also, the worst part of you faggots is you cant fathom that regular people think you're both full of shitty shit. You deflect everything as coming from sjws so you never have to think.
>>
It's crazy how even a thread wich had a image from 8ch was deleted, even tho it had nothing to do 8ch.

4chan is dead.
>>
>>501899
SRS tried to rule here even before gamergate happened.
>>
File: XG2bG9L.jpg (167 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
XG2bG9L.jpg
167 KB, 1024x887
>>502723
Just stop.
>>
File: HDPvCZ2.jpg (636 KB, 1691x3026) Image search: [Google]
HDPvCZ2.jpg
636 KB, 1691x3026
>>502726
Tis true.
>>
>>502736
>posting le ebin strawman image
>>>/8gag/
>>
>>501881

GG is barely vidya-related and neither is Tumblr bullshit.
>>
>>502672
Suggestion noted, considered, and rejected.
>>
>>502809
>strawman
Don't use words if you don't know what they mean.
>>
File: 1445739545900.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445739545900.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
I have come to a conclusion! This thread should be deleted because nobody in this thread is ever going to change their mind on any issue, so any attempt to debate is inevitably going to devolve into name-calling and MS Paint comics.

Congratulations, absolutely nothing got done during all of this except meaningless bitching and complaining, just like every thread on /qa/!
>>
>>502894
Not really. This thread should be stay alive so it can be archived for when I show it to Hiro when I contact him. Atm I'm at the process of gathering examples of /v/ mods abusing their power and deleting perfectly rule-abiding threads
>>
>>502908
Did you ever send mails to moot?

Did he ever reply?
>>
>>502908
And nobody will take you even remotely seriously, like usual.
>>
>>501936
4chan never was about Freedom of speech.
Moot even said so.
>>
>>502814
you should re-look into it
it's beneficial
>>
>>502999
Appeal fully considered and denied.
>>
>>502916
No

Idk
>>
>>502999
you should kill yourself and learn how to tripcode faggot
>>
>>503403
>kill yourself and learn how to tripcode
>kill yourself and
>and
>as in, "after you kill yourself you should learn to tripcode"

My little redditor can't be this stupid. YOU should kill yourself AND then go back to grade school.

Don't ever post here again. Imbecile.
>>
>>503407
>he just used that fucking oreimo meme

You should get killed in some extremely ironic way, then get sent to hell where the only thing you can ever do is learn how to tripcode.
>>
>>503429
But I don't like name/tripfagging.
Also,
>complains about anime on an anime imageboard
Kill la killyourself fampai.
>>
>>503533
I'm complaining specifically about shit anime like Oreimo and Aldnoah.
>>
>>503537
Ok
>>
>>503540
As long as you understand.
>>
Oh, speaking of which, I almost missed this.

>>503533
>But I don't like name/tripfagging.

You're not supposed to like it. That's why it would be hell. Duh?
>>
>>501881
A lot of redditor mods are still butthurt about getting out-ed as SJW retards.
>>
>>504766
Everyone on 4chan is a redditor, especially you.
>>
>>501881
oh fuck off we have enough threads started with twitter bullshit already
we dont need to officially call it gg
>>
>>501881
Mods pls ban everyone here
>>
>>501881
Why are SJW's so terrified to let video game hobbyists discuss Gamergate? Does it trigger them so much? I don't really care one way or the other but it's obviously video game related so the anons on /v/ should be able to discuss it.
>>
>>505250
It isn't video game related, it's cancerous activism.
>>
>>505252
According to you

I don't see a mod or admin capcode next to your name, so your opinion means jack fucking shit.
>>
>>505505
It isn't my opinion, it's objective fact.

Talking about how much you are outraged by the latest thing from the justice warrior crowd isn't vidya related, and neither are the breitbart articles or hashtag wars. That's what you're defending here.
>>
>>505607
Sorry buddy but talking about video game developers is most definitely video game related. I'm not even that guy you're responding to but you sound pathetic just because someone might link you something that gets your panties in a twist.
>>
>>506778
>Sorry buddy but talking about video game developers is most definitely video game related
mods disagree and so does 99% of the userbase of /v/. I'm not even that guy you're responding to but you sound pathetic just because someone might talk about justice in a way that gets your panties in a twist. Cry moar on 8gag, faggot.
>>
>>501881
Because it will always end up derailing into another cancerous, boring, and tedious anti-SJW rant that /v/ already has enough of

Try taking it to /pol/, I've seen lots of threads there about that Nintendo girl getting fired
>>
File: 1441931783528.png (50 KB, 229x300) Image search: [Google]
1441931783528.png
50 KB, 229x300
>idea was to stop game journalism from being corrupt and letting games get unfairly high reviews
>but it was okay when an overhyped Nintendo title or pretentious indie game got high scores for no reason

Better yet

>it's bad when someone sleeps with a journalist for a high score, or a game gets high scores and is nothing but a 20 dollar walking simulator
>but if a game has tits and sex fanservice, it's instantly immune to all criticism and anyone who hates it is from tumblr

That's why I personally hate GG.
>>
>>506832
>99% of the userbase of /v/

Sounds like you're projecting your personal opinion on the board anon. It's funny that you say that but when a thread actually remotely "GG" (AKA anything I don't like in the gaming industry/culture) related doesn't get deleted, it hits the bump limit in a few hours.
>>
>>506832
lel why are you so terrified of anons talking about video games and their development on the video game board?
>>
File: 1459033949704.png (84 KB, 228x400) Image search: [Google]
1459033949704.png
84 KB, 228x400
>>501881
The same reason discussion of UAB is banned. Because it's toxic and invites people who are jerks\think it's okay to sexualize children. It's not an acceptable behavior in 2016.

[spoiler]mods are just faggots[/spoiler]
>>
>>506955
>>507264
>>>/8gag/
>>
>>507824
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>507834
>>>/twitter/
>>
>>508757
>>>/warlizardgamingforum/
>>
>>501881
>two x52 sticks
>the hat on the left stick is still on the left side
>>
>>501966
>>501966
this
>>
>>509025

No, not "this". Anyone who thinks this wasn't here before 2014 or is purposefully lying to fit their bias.
>>
>>501881
How is a blanket ban on discussing a topic showing allegiance to one side over another? Neither side is permitted.
>>
>>509044
I was here since 2007 and I agree with them. So I think you're the biased one.

How often do you see tumblr tier opinions here? Sure, they happen, but it's extremely rare. Meanwhile the /pol/ tards went out of control during this time to the point where they brought the quality of the entirety of 4chan way down.
>>
File: 1426057764241.jpg (8 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1426057764241.jpg
8 KB, 400x300
This entire thread is a good reason to keep it banned indefinitely.
>>
>>509329
>How often do you see tumblr tier opinions here?

Literally every day. They've completely destroyed /v/ with their shitposting, so much so that most people who were here before left. These people barely existed before.

Please show me all these teenagers on 4chan who cared about political correctness before 2014.

https://foolz.fireden.net/v/thread/146515741/

/pol/acks shitpost too, but at least their brand of shitposting already existed.
>>
>>510056
There were almost none before, there are almost none now, and the proportion hasn't changed in at least six years. Before that we had more extreme leftists than we do now.
>>
>>510069

His point was that before 2014 4chan was full of teenagers who cared about PC, that's what you were agreeing with.

And you can keep repeating that, but a lot of the opinions I see on the boards I visit weren't here 3 years ago, let alone before that.
>>
>>510129
They were. You're either blinded by nostalgia or you only visited slower parts of the site.
>>
>>510297

No they weren't, and I was on the popular boards. I remember the attitude and content that were common, and what was almost never here. You can even see it in the archives for certain boards.
>>
>>510446
Yes they were, I remember it myself.
>>
File: 1457155921286.png (142 KB, 473x462) Image search: [Google]
1457155921286.png
142 KB, 473x462
Politics is annoying. Take it elsewhere.

Talk about video games on /v/.
>>
Honestly I don't get the whole 8gag boogeyman, GG is a Reddit thing now more then anything. Also,
>actually arguing something as off-topic on /v/ which is basically /v/-Random and Video Games
GamerGate and the like is far more on topic then half the marketing and flamewar bullshit on /v/ these days. Fuck I'd say /v/ is worse now then it's ever been in the past 5-6 years thanks to the influx of Tumblrfucks and Neogaf posters that have flooded the board and are likely to thank for most of the forced goldface memes. If anything should be banned it should be those posters, they contribute nothing to discussion and worsen the board for everyone. At least GamerGate stuck to one thread.
>>
>>510462
/pol/ here. This has nothing to do with politics. Politics is too good for these people.
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.