[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has the time come to consider changing Global Rule 15? The circumstances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: file.jpg (428 KB, 840x630) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
428 KB, 840x630
Has the time come to consider changing Global Rule 15? The circumstances are different now. It needs to respond to what the site is now, not what it was in 2011.
>>
>>501052
I wouldnt care. If youre triggered by anything you shouldnt be here.
>>
Global Rule 15 was always stupid. The shitposting on /co/ almost completely disappeared when a dedicated general was set up, and fuck /b/ anyway.
>>
>>501052
Fuck no
And we need a new global rule for traps and furries
Fuck you /mlp/ you bestiality degenerates.
>>
>>501104
Cute. You think this place exists just for you. QUEER. Try reddit where you can downvote all the things that hurt your tender little butthole.
>>
>>>/trash/

This is what you would like to unleash on the rest of the site.
>>
>>501052
GR15 was dumb when ponies actually WERE relevant and a problem. The mods kicked a bees nest and then chunked it into a box so they wouldn't get stung.

But now most of the bees are dead and their stingers have fallen off. A slow doing-away with the rule is the best option, along with the appropriate moderation.
>>
>>497594
>>500394

I like this point, now we need a janitor/mod to talk about it
>>
>>501055
This.
>>501104
>Everything I don't like is bad

Don't get rid of GR15, just modify it so that people can use reaction images. There's no reason not to other than those "le evil pony boogeyman" fags will get upset.
>>
I think there needs to just be a trial of letting pony reaction images being used. Not starting threads with pony images, not derailing threads because of a pony being posted. Just a reaction image being used to react to something.

It's a start.
>>
Reposting this for new thread.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/334680546/#334680546

Thread asking for subtle pony images with no mention of baiting Barneyfag. Still no rebuttal or proof of threads asking for wallpapers just to bait.
>>
>>501362
Here's a thread of /mlp/ obsessing over him

ONE GUY
>>
>>501370
It's not fair to call Barneyfag "one guy" with how much he posts. For real.
>>
>>501370
https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/27077901/

Could help
>>
>>501375
Look at all those differing opinions.

It's almost like they're not a hivemind? Crazy, innit?
>>
>>501375
This is a terrible thread to prove how /mlp/ is a monlithic group of shitposters like you seem to want to do. They're all disagreeing with each other.
>>
File: obsession.jpg (113 KB, 789x611) Image search: [Google]
obsession.jpg
113 KB, 789x611
>>501370
Look at everyone stating that they do it. Look at all these positive reactions. This sure looks like a thread where everyone is agreeing.
>>
>>501379
>>501381
> but it's fun to see how triggered they get when it happens.

>I usually just resort to blatantly breaking GR15 for the lols
>like posting this in a TF2 thread for example

Etc
You guys are still well obsessed with "triggering" people especially Barneyfag

And what do you know, everyone still regards you as people who can't leave it alone
>>
>>501389
But even the guy who said that admitted that he didn't actually do it. Hence there's no damage to other boards.

You're twisting his words.
>>
No, MLP's fanbase will always be awful. However we should have another, similar containment board and global rule pertaining to 40kfags, because they are far more obnoxious, far more common, and have been around much longer.
>>
>>501389
Literally >le evil brony boogeyman

How many times will it take you to understand that I fucking hate Barneybaiters? It's not hard to understand it, you hate them too, don't you?

Alright, feel free to ignore all logic and continue acting as though you have an argument.
>>501392
>all bronies are the same
Stop. There's already one retard here that thinks that, no room for another.
>>
I say it once.
I'll say it twice.
I'll say it everytime a thread like this is made.

The show has been around for 6 years now. at this point the people who get assblasted about ponies are probably purposefully seeking them out as a means to confirm their negative biases. And more often than not anti-bronies are a milliontimes more the manchildren they claim bronies to be

at the very least allow pony reaction images, but keep discussion as strictly /mlp/
>>
>>501389
Those posts you cited don't erase the other ones calling the behavior retarded. Again, nobody is stating that some users on /mlp/ bait Barneyfag.

But /mlp/ as a WHOLE is divided on it, and many think baiting Barneyfag is stupid and shouldn't be done.

I have a feeling even if /mlp/ made a strawpoll about it and the results were overwhelmingly in favor of not baiting, you'd still deny it.
>>
>>501391
Several others did admit to it, though.
Being "sympathetic" is just encouraging it, too.
>>
>>501394
But they are, and they should all be gassed.
>>
>>501397
It doesn't matter, though. It's not being done in their case. And even if it is, there are many people saying that it's fucking stupid that it is done.

Again, I don't want to change the world or suddenly make you think better about MLP or bronies. I just want to post reaction images. Not to upset you, not to start a derail, just to use a reaction image like I would for anything else.
>>
>>501399
Hey Barneyfag, how are you?

Don't answer that, I don't care. The fact that you just admitted to that is proof enough that your opinion is skewed by your retardation and therefore doesn't matter.
>>
>>501402
I'm not Barneyfag, I'm just fucking with you because you are so mad over something stupid.

40kfags really do need to get the fuck out though.
>>
>>501400
This. We just want to post a SFW reaction image like any other. It's incredibly dumb that an entire swathe of SFW reaction images can't be used. Let them be posted and judged like anything else. If it's shit let people call it out, and if it's funny let them laugh. But having a rule that now only exists to give a safe-space to autists and spamming ban evaders is retarded.
>>
>>501404
I'm mad over someone* stupid.

Anyway, I don't know what 40kfags are or what side you're on, but I don't care. As a favor to me, don't pretend to be retarded, that other guy is making my head hurt.
>>
>>501395
That's hard to believe since it's you guys who post bait on /v/ to attract barneyfag constantly.

Bronies seeking confrontation isn't new and nobody is stupid enough to believe that bronies won't use reaction images to antagonize people constantly. That's how they got that rule to begin with.

The arguments about barneyfag are hilarious because it's just reinforcing in everyone's minds that bronies are this shitted up about ONE GUY who wouldn't even react if you'd just grow up enough to leave it alone.
>>
>>501411
>you guys
I'm not reading any more. I'll say it again, if you think all bronies are the same person, you are retarded and your opinion is meaningless.
>>
>>501405
The fact that you say "safe-space for autists" is proof that you're hungry to antagonize people. If people tell you to fuck off, you're going to break into "lol you triggered bro?" and stir up as much drama as you can.

Like I said, we saw how bronies acted in the past.
>>
Global rule 15 removed
>no more Barneyfag or threads derailed by him
>off topic is still against the rules
>/mlp/ still exist, /mlpg/ is on /co/ and the other generals on /mlp/
Any real downside?
>>
>>501416
Autists like >>501414 feel bad.

So no.
>>
>>501412
The fact that you want me to explicitly treat you as a special exception to the rule brony is about the most brony thing you could do.
If you're not that kind of brony then why do you care what I say? Why get upset if you don't behave that way?
>>
>>501414
> If people tell you to fuck off, you're going to break into "lol you triggered bro?" and stir up as much drama as you can.

You're projecting. You don't actually know what will happen if the rule is lifted, and you're probably scared of it happening. I don't really know why.

Why are you so against pony reaction images being used, when threads like the most recent Barney spergout have proven that nobody besides him even creates drama about it?
>>
>>501416
Do you really believe Barneyfag when he says that if rule 15 is removed, he'll stop?

I mean that's a lot of faith in your mortal enemy.
>>
>>501419
Why does this discussion always turn into something about "behavior?" No one is asking you to change your opinion of us. We're asking to use reaction images, not for you to think that we're normal.
>>
>>501420
>You're projecting.

lol, no. I'm extrapolating.

Past behavior is a good indicator of future behavior, even if you don't like it.
>>
>>501419
Oh my god, you are just retarded aren't you?

Bronies aren't a hivemind. What one brony does is not necessarily supported by another brony, and barneybaiting is one of those things that I don't support. I care what you say because I'm baffled that you're unable to realize this and STILL continue to argue as if that was anything other than autistic rambling on your part.
>>501424
You will never get it, will you?
>>
>>501421
He isn't a mortal enemy. That's your words.

And yeah, I believe him. He has rules he abides by. For proof of this, look at /trash/. He doesn't spam pony threads there because GR15 isn't in place on that board.

If GR15 was relaxed on other boards he would stop as well.
>>
>>501423
>No one is asking you to change your opinion of us.

And I'm not. That's why I think the rule should remain.
>>
>>501425
Have you ever actually gone into a /v/ barneybait thread and told them to knock that shit off? Ever done it on /mlp/?
>>
File: 1456692573179.jpg (61 KB, 602x596) Image search: [Google]
1456692573179.jpg
61 KB, 602x596
>>501428
>GR15 should remain because the pony boogeyman is real
>>
>>501418
That "ONE GUY" is definitively the Barneyfag, I saw his exclamation!!! posts!!! at the end of the previous thread
>>
>>501429
Yes. Many times. I hate it too.
>>
>>501429
I don't go in to Barneybait threads.
>Ever done it on /mlp/?
You mean start a thread saying "ZOMG GUISE KNOCK IT OFF!"
Well, no, I'm not retarded.
>>
>>501426
What would most likely happen is that the rest of /v/ or whatever would get fed up of brony bait images and start to get annoyed with them again.
Now, /v/ has learned to not react to brony images because they were baited so hard. But if the rule were removed, people would start to react again.

How would you bronies react then? Would you say "sorry for being annoying", or would you gleefully post more because "lol they shouldn't be TRIGGERED so much!"

This question has a demonstrated answer that 4chan is familiar with.
>>
>>501435
Why is that retarded? Is it that bronies have a real oppositional streak and would leap at the chance to act like a faggot just to spite you?

Yeah, that's why nobody wants to interact with bronies.
>>
There are several issues which I don't think can be resolved about this.

a.) Global 15 went up in large part because the line between actual ponyfag and shitposter was almost impossible to tell apart. It was soon evident that a lot of ponyfags resorted to "lol trolled" as their fallback cover against the backlash of criticism that rolled in i.e many fans were also shitposters. So when shitposters who only wanted to rile people joined in it was basically impossible to differentiate the posts. Given its status as one of the easiest (You) collectors in 4chan history, and the fact that the actual pony fandom is mostly gone/has-been status now, who is to say that it wouldn't even be worse this time without G15, because it would be quite plausible that this time the vast majority of ponyposters would in fact be pure shitposters who don't even care about the show and only want to annoy?

b.) /mlp/ has degraded into a den of basically nothing but fanfic/slashfics, often sexual in nature; only the most hardcore dyed-in-the-wool fans would be desperate enough to accept such a place, and furthermore it sets an autism filter so tight that the only newcomers who would actually like it would be on a similar (if not worse) scale than the existing users there. Does this not sound like exactly the kind of group who would see a lapse in rules not as an epitaph on their fandom, but instead an opportunity to seize, to viral hard to try to regrow their numbers?

For both the a/b parts of this it's just really not even worth contemplating. Besides, reminding people /mlp/ exists would only invite people to go shitpost the hell out of it. The two were created together; /mlp/ without global 15 would paint a giant target on its back. The fact no one cares about the board is what let it become so isolated to become a fanfic hovel; the shit they like about their board would draw constant attack/snickering from outsiders 24/7.
>>
>>501431
Wait I thought you said you didn't want me to change my opinion of you.
But actually, you do?
>>
>>501441
Not a monolith. I'm not responsible for their behavior, or anyone's but my own. People get annoyed by things and I can say they shouldn't do it, but some people like to do it.
>>
>>501440
I can't speak for every brony out there, but if I was allowed to post pony reaction images and people got butthurt, I wouldn't care because that's a stupid thing to get butthurt about.

It wouldn't affect my posting frequency in the slightest.
>>501441
You're retarded because you STILL think bronies are a hivemind when they're not. You're retarded because no matter how many times anyone tells you that your arguments don't make sense, you just continue as though they did. You're retarded because you assume too much about something you clearly know nothing at all about.
>>501443
I want you to stop being retarded. If that changes your opinion of me, great. If it doesn't, great.
>>
>>501442
/mlp/ doesn't want new users who will not accept board culture. So no
>>
>>501440
>What would most likely happen is that the rest of /v/ or whatever would get fed up of brony bait images and start to get annoyed with them again.
Most of /v/ doesn't give a shit about ponies anymore. /v/ treats bait images of ANY type either with insults or ignoring. Or actually falling for the bait. But the images themselves don't get banned. The moderation team has to deal with it on a post by post basis.

>Now, /v/ has learned to not react to brony images because they were baited so hard. But if the rule were removed, people would start to react again.
There's no way to know this. Sort of the same thing happened with Undertale images. They're used to bait sometimes, and sometimes people get angry at them. But still, they aren't banned. Most have learned to ignore what they don't like, unlike you.

>How would you bronies react then? Would you say "sorry for being annoying", or would you gleefully post more because "lol they shouldn't be TRIGGERED so much!"
Trolls would troll using the images. This isn't unique to the MLP fandom. Stop acting like it is. But people who get butt-blasted about it would be ignored or called out on it. I've seen this happen. Like any other overreaction to a simple image, they would be ridiculed.

If the rule were to be removed there would be no reason to go above and beyond to react to pony posters. The rulebook however provides people like Barneyfag and others a safe reason to not have to ignore images they don't like.

I personally would not incite others or purposefully troll with images. I'd just use them like normal reaction images and ignore people who get unduly upset about it.
>>
>>501445
>I wouldn't care because that's a stupid thing to get butthurt about.

so you think it would be stupid to react negatively to a brony posting MLP, but you wouldn't call it out and attempt to antagonize that person?

Yeah, sure. I believe you.
You would leave it alone just like you leave / v/ alone with Barney bait.
>>
File: file.jpg (232 KB, 499x618) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
232 KB, 499x618
Maybe people shouldn't get so upset about images.
>>
>>501442
>it sets an autism filter so tight that the only newcomers who would actually like it would be on a similar (if not worse) scale than the existing users there
Hey now, I don't exactly love the place but it is my home(board). And I ain't even got no mental issues. That I am aware of.

>>501446
What do you mean? I've consistently refused to adopt their board culture and I've been around for years. Are you saying they don't like me? :'^(
>>
>>501442
> who is to say that it wouldn't even be worse this time without G15, because it would be quite plausible that this time the vast majority of ponyposters would in fact be pure shitposters who don't even care about the show and only want to annoy?
The shitposters have found better bait in things like Undertale and Steven Universe. And the remaining pony shitposters have one main target who gives a shit anymore. Barneyfag. The spammer who has stated he would stop if GR15 is revoked and doesn't spam on /trash/ despite the fact that there are pony threads there daily.

>Does this not sound like exactly the kind of group who would see a lapse in rules not as an epitaph on their fandom, but instead an opportunity to seize, to viral hard to try to regrow their numbers?

The remaining MLP fans do not give a shit about how many people rejoin their fandom. The bandwagon period of 2012 is over. There is no "regrowing" it. And you act as if joining the ranks of /mlp/ is such a hard thing in the first place. There's literally a thread for every fetish, and as long as you like sexing ponies you're good. For fuck's sake, there's an EQG general for people who want to fuck humans instead of horses. Pony fans don't want to viral anything. As stated repeatedly in this thread, they just want to use pony reaction images like ANY OTHER IMAGE.

> Besides, reminding people /mlp/ exists would only invite people to go shitpost the hell out of it.
This happens anyway. No really, this happens every single day. /mlp/ doesn't want nor need protection from this. They've had to deal with shitposting from the inception.

GR15 doesn't protect pony posters or /mlp/. It simply provides legitimate excuses for people like Barneyfag to spam and for others to come to the board to troll with impunity.

/mlp/ does not care about it's reputation. If they would they wouldn't wear the name Horsefucker with pride. They just want to use pony reaction images like any other image of a cartoon show.
>>
The barneyfag is infinitely worse than any pony reaction images ever will be.
>>
>>501448
>Most of /v/ doesn't give a shit about ponies anymore.

That's only because they have been conditioned through lots of MLP spamming to ignore the brony and not give him attention.

>I'd just use them like normal reaction images and ignore people who get unduly upset about it.

It's funny you expect people to believe that. You're never able to stop baiting barneyfag - why would you ever leave this alone?

Again, past behavior. People know how bronies react and how they can't stop fishing for attention. So your promises are empty - nobody actually believes you will be so responsible.
In fact your promises are actually kind of slimy because you are lying so brazenly to everyone (who knows better) as to how you would act.
>>
>>501457
Ever consider that things have changed, and maybe that the people you are talking to not only aren't like that, but reject people like that when they see them?

>>501454
This. It's not some major conspiracy.
>>
>>501454
>As stated repeatedly in this thread, they just want to use pony reaction images like ANY OTHER IMAGE.

It seems more like you just want MLP images to be an accepted part of the culture here instead of the reviled minority that bronies are.

Removing rule 15 won't make bronyism or MLP any more accepted.
What would happen is the same thing that got the rule instated:

>people won't accept you
>you'll be upset at this and behave badly to spite them
>people will think bronies are badly behaved people
>bronies acquire a worse reputation

Nobody is going to trust bronies for a second chance.
>>
>>501457
>That's only because they have been conditioned through lots of MLP spamming to ignore the brony and not give him attention.
Yes, /v/ has learned to ignore trolling with MLP images. Since trolls ignored GR15 and posted it on /v/ anyway, wouldn't you say the rule was useless? The natural order of things happened.

1. Trolls latch onto a fandom to bait
2. People take the bait
3. People eventually stop taking the bait (Like you stated.)
4. Trolls move on

The only reason number four hasn't happened is because Barneyfag hasn't done number three. You yourself have repeatedly stated it's "ONE PERSON".

>
It's funny you expect people to believe that. You're never able to stop baiting barneyfag - why would you ever leave this alone?

You constantly paint the people you respond to as the people who bait barneyfag. I don't bait him. I never have. I think it's shit, and I hate that people keep fueling his illness. He has a legit problem and people need to stop abusing that.

>Again, past behavior.
In the past, people thought Chanology was great, Gamergate was a legit crusade, and rickrolling was funny. People change, as do websites. This isn't 2011 anymore, and it won't revert back to it just because you say so.

>So your promises are empty - nobody actually believes you will be so responsible.

No. You don't. Nobody in this thread is agreeing with you. It's you vs like three people man. There's not this huge hoard of anti-bronies behind your back.

In this thread, it's just you. What's your problem?
>>
>>501463
Nope. I'm fine with them being like any of the other reaction images that people often get upset over like Undertale, Zootopia, SU, etc. Not even looking for acceptance. Just ability.
>>
>>501454
>mlp/ does not care about it's reputation. If they would they wouldn't wear the name Horsefucker with pride.

They wear the label horsefucker because of an absence of shame.

Also you do care about your reputation which is why you get angry when you are labeled "bronies".
>>
>>501052
I don't know, it'd be hilarious to see the shitstorm from barneyfags, but seeing ponytards get banned is equally hilarious and never gets old. I'm conflicted.
>>
>>501462
>Ever consider that things have changed, and maybe that the people you are talking to not only aren't like that, but reject people like that when they see them?

I've considered it. But I've also considered how much you can't stop baiting /v/ and barneyfag. This I doubt bronies have changed at all.

Not to mention the generally infantile nature of being a brony. You guys are Arrested Emotional Development: the fandom. You embrace not growing up.
>>
>>501474
But I don't do it.
>>
>>501463
>people won't accept you
That's fine. Nobody on this site has to like everything. Do you think everyone who sees someone post with an anime image likes that anime?

>you'll be upset at this and behave badly to spite them
Nope. As stated before, I and /mlp/ don't give a flying shit what people think about ponies. This is about GR15, not people who hate ponies. People who don't like Undertale or Final Fantasy don't get a rule catering to them. If anything, anti-bronies are the unique, special snowflakes.

>people will think bronies are badly behaved people
This doesn't matter. A lot of people think UT is a shit game with horrid fanbase. A lot of people think TTGO and the new PPG is hideous. No rule banning them, though.

>bronies acquire a worse reputation
Don't care.

This is about being able to post pony reaction images like any other image, not about the reputation of bronies.
>>
>>501476
This guy for some reason ties in the reputation of bronies as a whole with what they deserve. In reality he just doesn't like them inherently and any argument presented will be used as proof to why he is right in thinking the way he is. Even if you presented yourself as agreeing with him completely.
>>
>>501474
>I've considered it. But I've also considered how much you can't stop baiting /v/ and barneyfag. This I doubt bronies have changed at all.

As stated before, you can't blame the entire fanbase for the actions of a few trolls. Some have even blatantly admitted that they don't watch the show and just like getting a reaction from Barneyfag. Why do you then still blame the entire fanbase?

>Not to mention the generally infantile nature of being a brony. You guys are Arrested Emotional Development: the fandom. You embrace not growing up.
This has nothing to do with GR15 and is again your personal feelings about the fanbase, which aren't relevant to a discussion about Global site rules. You do that a lot. Got some deeper stuff you want to talk about man?
>>
>>501464
>Trolls latch onto a fandom to bait

You're always trying to blame "trolls" for MLP spam but everyone can see the oppositional defiant streak of bronies. It's kind of embedded in the fabric of your fandom "I'm a brony; DEAL WITH IT"
"Triggered by ponies!" Etc.

We kinda all saw how you behaved, you know. Rather than having dealt with it; some of you are nursing old wounds about the rejection of rule15. You'll act out for certain.
>>
>>501457
>hur dur leave the Barneyfag alone!
>he is just an innocent guy who loves to derail threads that didn't break rules, shitposting and evaded more than 5800 permanent bans
>he is not bad, he is a good member of 4chan!

You are not fooling anyone
>>
>>501478
I've talked with him before. For all his hate of bronies, he actually posts on /mlp/ quite a lot. He's one of those guys who hates ponies so much he participates in the fandom more than most ponyfags

I know he's stubborn, but I believe having a discussion is better than having none at all. Maybe I can help him get over this issue he has with irrelevant fanbase.
>>
>>501480
How come you invented some fictional persona for anyone who compares your little girl horses show to Barney?
>>
>>501475
Lots of you do.
>>
>>501488
Irrelevant to whether or not images can be posted.
>>
>>501487
But he's been proven though.
>>
>>501483
Now you've abandoned all semblance of having an argument and have gone full projector. None of what you said has any bearing on an argument about reaction pics.

You say we're just nursing old wounds, but you're the one who's constantly bringing up the past, in the same post even. Legitimate question...what's your problem?

I'm trying to come to a middle ground with you but you just keep reverting back to "BUT WAAAH BRONIES"
>>
File: barneyfag.png (45 KB, 647x320) Image search: [Google]
barneyfag.png
45 KB, 647x320
>>501487
>fictional
Are you actually being serious? Are you new to the site or something?
>>
File: hitlerclaus.jpg (14 KB, 170x255) Image search: [Google]
hitlerclaus.jpg
14 KB, 170x255
>>501488
dis desu
>>
>>501488
I don't condone or agree with the people that do, and many feel the same way.
>>
>>501499
I don't follow furfag politics, so...
>>
>>501476
>not about the reputation of bronies.

But it does involve the reputation of bronies and the fact that you try to gloss over that so quickly tells me you're dishonest.
Bronies have a reputation for being very touchy and for ramming MLP down everyone's throats. You've got a poor reputation for being improperly socialized and for being drama queens.
Rule 15 is a thorn in the side of the reputation of bronies because it formalizes that you are not well liked. No wonder you want it removed!

To claim it has "nothing to do with brony reputation" is just brazen lies to my face (bronies are good for self-serving lies), or evidence that you really lack insight into your own human nature.
>>
File: nightmare goggles.png (283 KB, 1168x768) Image search: [Google]
nightmare goggles.png
283 KB, 1168x768
>>501502
Barneyfag is a single person who repeatedly spams instances of pony threads outside /mlp/. He destroys any thread with even a subtle pony image, even if discussion had been going along fine before his arrival.

He's been doing this for four years. He's been permabanned and rangebanned. The mods have pleaded for him to get help and to stop, but he just ban evades and keeps it up. He hates MLP so much he keeps up with the show and fandom and has seen the spinoff movies in theatres. He's one of the largest autists on the site.

He once spammed a thread on /co/ for hours, with everyone of his responses being deleted while the "offending" pic remained. He's relentless. And in the discussion of GR15, he often pops up.
>>
>>501504
You would claim a brony who agreed with everything you've said was a liar. Why are you even in this conversation? End it at that you think bronies are trash and the rule should be held up. You have no nuance to your argument but pushing that. We get it. Bronies are liars and bullies with developmental issues to you. But you're not adding anything that hasn't been said.
>>
>>501501
Why do you even call yourself a brony, then?
Every which way, bronies have a piss poor reputation. Yet you still identify as one. Why?
At some point if you are identifying with all this regressive, unhealthy, obsessive behavior, you endorse it.
That's why it's hard to trust bronies. If you had a shred of dignity you would walk away from it. But none of you ever do.
>>
>>501504
>Rule 15 is a thorn in the side of the reputation of bronies because it formalizes that you are not well liked. No wonder you want it removed!

Reputation doesn't matter in dealing with GR15. It's about being able to post pony reaction images alongside any other SFW cartoon image on the site.

Everytime somebody tells you it's not about bronies or reputation you call them a liar and pull things out of your ass. You've never once offered any solid proof or rebuttals. Why can't you just admit you hate bronies and that's the only reason you dislike the idea of GR15? You'd be being a lot more truthful with yourself.
>>
>>501506
....and bronies can never, ever leave this mentally ill guy alone. Because he crossed their children's cartoon.
>>
>>501511
Why don't you stop replying to me? I don't care if you're unhappy with my opinions of bronies.
Why do you need to leap to their defense anyway?
>>
>>501517
>Why do you even call yourself a brony, then?
Because the definition of brony is male fan of the show. And I'm a male fan of the show. Whether I personally like the title doesn't matter. That's just what it is. As long as I'm a fan of the show and enjoy aspects of the fanbase, that's what I am. I won't deny it.

>Every which way, bronies have a piss poor reputation. Yet you still identify as one. Why?
Because I decide what others think of me through my own actions. Duh. If people think I'm a sperg based on other fans of the show, so what? I like the show.

Who let's the actions of other fans dictate their own personal enjoyment? That's like saying you hate the Beatles because a guy in a Beatles t-shirt raped a kid.

>At some point if you are identifying with all this regressive, unhealthy, obsessive behavior, you endorse it.
I'm a fan of the show. I don't endorse retarded behavior done in the name of it. I'm sure you're a fan of somethings to, including this site. Would you stop using 4chan because someone who used 4chan liked MLP?

>That's why it's hard to trust bronies. If you had a shred of dignity you would walk away from it. But none of you ever do.

Some have. Some stop watching the show and move on to other things. Dignity has nothing to do with it. If anybody on this site gave a shit about dignity they wouldn't post about videogames, anime, comic books, and other children's shows and cartoons. Dignity doesn't matter to 4chan as a whole. It's about what you like. And some people like MLP.
>>
>>501519
>Reputation doesn't matter in dealing with GR15. It's about being able to post pony reaction images alongside any other SFW cartoon image on the site.

Yes it does. The poor reputation of bronies is why rule 15 exists.
You can claim the reputation shouldn't apply to you - but if it doesn't, why do you identify as a brony?
>>
>>501052
/aco/ is already /d/ overflow.
Do you really want to make it worse?
>>
>>501530
>Yes it does. The poor reputation of bronies is why rule 15 exists.
GR15 exists because people got tired of seeing MLP everywhere and whined to the mods about it. Pony fans on /co/ kept to their single general, but the behavior of idiots on /b/ led to them getting banned as well. Would you say the fans on /co/ had a poor reputation and deserved what happened?

>You can claim the reputation shouldn't apply to you - but if it doesn't, why do you identify as a brony?
Because I like MLP. I don't spam with pony images, and I don't condone anyone who does.

I personally apologize for the actions of other fans who do spam. I'm sorry they do it, and I want them to stop. But I won't apologize for being a fan of a fucking show.
>>
>>501533
>one extra humanized pony thread
Wow. What a flood.
>>
I wanna show you some serious shit
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/81911830/#81927598

https://arch.b4k.co/v/statistics/image-reposts/

The second most posted image is from that faggot

>>501504
>Protect the Barneyfag!!!
>More exclamation points!!
Go to bed, Barney
>>
>>501538
/aco/ is shit already and no one cares
>>
>>501533
/aco/ is not overflow but stole mostof /d/s content.
>>
>>501052
No, /b/ and /mlp/ still exist. CURRENT YEAR isn't going to change anything, GR15 was created for a reason.
>>
>>501411
well it's not like people aren't using anime and pepe as inentionally antagonizing shitposts
>>
This is a rule that affects like, what, 1% of the website's population? I certainly don't care that this rule bothers you. You've got a whole board for your shit, and we never got a Furry board. But you did.
>>
>>501118
>>501356
No the rule is NOT going anywhere
Stay in your containment board, if you don't like it go to tumblr or reddit.
>>
>>502128
>Cancerous /qa/ namefag
Opinion discarded
>>
>>>/ck/7588645
More bad behaviour from bronies
>It's just more fun to torture him by accusing him of being the OP to further poke at his mental illness
Literally HOW IS THIS SHIT ALLOWED

>use some of the arguments from /qa/ to dissuade him
>tl;dr
>>
>>502415
>>>/ck/7589987
>I've never watched MLP and you've been told pretty much everyday for a few years now why people do this but you're so fucked in the head that it won't sink in.
Someone please do something about these degenerates.
>>
>>>/ck/7588645
>You feed the trolls like me and you made 4chan worse because people have found new ways to troll 4chan with stealth MLP images so now people are posting threads just to bait you and see what you post. Nothing you say to me is going to change my ways and nothing I say to you is going to change your ways so fuck you and enjoy wasting your time falling for trolls every single day.
We really need to rangeban people like this guy.
>>
>>502430
there's more then one barneyfag?

also watching 4chan baby mentally ill autists that lash out at images and lock itself down for it is fucking depressing.

this site was not meant to be tumblr.
>>
File: 1461103552966.png (53 KB, 761x341) Image search: [Google]
1461103552966.png
53 KB, 761x341
>>
File: gurblesurch.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gurblesurch.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>502485
> he actually tried to repeal it
> it was probably all caps screeching at the mod
>>
File: Office-Laugh.jpg (81 KB, 363x282) Image search: [Google]
Office-Laugh.jpg
81 KB, 363x282
>>502485
>>
>>502485
Oh good the mods finally permabanned him. I know he'll just get another proxy but still he was getting nothing but 30 day bans and never a permaban.
>>
Has this been posted before?
>>
>>502766
I must say I could stand to see people legitimately talking about cute toes instead of just shitposting.
>>
>>502485
http://arch.b4k.co/v/statistics/image-reposts/
He posted the picture 1400 times on /v/.

This archive only started at the start of this year.

So he posted it 1400 times in less than 4 months. That's how annoying he is.
>>
>>501483
You're utterly retarded.

That "behavior" was proper to /b/. You know, THE den of trolling. When /co/ was the sole place of it, they PURPOSEDLY had only a single thread rule by themselves with a tracker to redirect it.

Why? Because they ACTUALLY WANTED TO TALK ABOUT THE SHOW, and its better to have all of it organized, and multiple threads cause the rest of the board to be angry and yell at them which they didn't want to because, you know, they wanted to talk about the show

Only the /b/tard were making threads to spam reaction pic and stay always on the front page, because it was /b/.

But keep acting like you're smug while depicting the worse board on 4chan.
>>
File: 1307516565034.jpg (29 KB, 475x353) Image search: [Google]
1307516565034.jpg
29 KB, 475x353
At least 66% of the fallout of ponies was from trolls intentionally starting shit by using pony images because everyone had their head too far up their own ass to NOT reply to such obvious stupid shit. It's the same shit that happened with Homestuck that nobody learned from. And also how it was done with Steven Universe images, and with Fairly OddParents, and with Regular Show, and with Adventure Time, and just like it's happening now with Zootopia and PPG. Granted these are sometimes zealot group efforts, but it's not hard to figure out when faggots are organizing underneath the table.

Fuck, it's pretty much safe to say that nearly all current /co/-based material has been forced to controversy (or at least attempted) at some point in time, because that's the hip cool thing to do. Instead of being open-minded and ignoring shit you don't like, it's easier to become your own worst enemy and drag fucking everything down to your level. You could just recognize when someone is being a reasonable individual who happened to post a pony image and then ban the rest of the shitstains, but oh wait that's mod abuse and mod negligence at the same time.

There are few better indicators that 4chan has been taken over by pussies (both literally and figuratively) than that Global Rule 15 is still standing and being argued as a necessity. You all brag about 4chan judging people by what they say and not who they are, but let a pony image pop up and people immediately start begging for burkas and segregation. So much for all that "no special treatment on 4chan" talk, that shit couldn't have gone out the window fast enough.
>>
>>502845
How did you get banned from /co/ in the first place if you behaved yourselves?

>>502899
Why is MLP the only one with a global rule against it?

You guys can try to act like it was all "teh trolls" but we saw all your brony circlejerking on /b/.
If it was just trolls it was quite a charade to keep up!
Even today your circlejerking lives on in MLPG.
>>
>>502923
>Why is MLP the only one with a global rule against it?

That's exactly my point fuckface, make it more obvious that you're not reading shit in this thread and just playing dumb to get your way.
>>
>/qa/ still literally gets triggered by pixels on a screen even though it has been SIX YEARS (A THIRD OF THEIR LIFE) since MLP came out
This post was made by a legit autism sufferer. You make me look like a functioning human.
>>
>>502939
It's not the pixels, it's the autist behind them that people dislike.

Learn to deal with not being socially accepted
>>
I'm so glad that retard got permabanned, now get rid of GR15 so he'll have a mental break.
>>
>>503003
Brony baiters on /v/ just got a public ban too
>>
>>502945
The autist can go to your board anyway. So no, it's the pixels that trigger you. 4chan isn't your safe space friend.
>>
>>503010
That's ok. Bronies tend not to be popular with anyone.
>>
>>503010
Why do you want to "trigger" people so bad?
It tells everyone you're compensating for something.
>>
>>503014
I never said I did. I made an observation. If you say something retarded and I call you a retard, that's not me making you retarded. That's you being retarded. Why do you project so bad?
>>
>>503017
Woops wrong quote.
>>503016
>>
>>502923
>How did you get banned from /co/ in the first place if you behaved yourselves?

What? It was never banned from /co/ until R15 was made. And R15 was made because of the /b/tards spams, not /co/.
>>
>>503016
>Implying the tough guys going "hurr durr bronies" aren't compensating for something either.
>>
>>503024
Not really. They just don't want anything to so with bronies.

Much like gamergaters, you have to "lol I trigger the SJW!" Because you're so inadequate.
>>
>>503034
Yeah no. I get that but most people who do that just ignore them and talk to what they want. The people going deliberately after them, the one like barneyfag, usually have some sort of insecurity themselves so they act tough and go after bigger autist to feel big.
>>
>>503039
Who are you kidding - barneyfag isn't after you - you're after him!
You can't stop baiting for him.
>>
>>503043
1) I'm not one of the baiters.
2) It's not like he gets any enjoyment out of this website anyway. Since he just patrols it 24/7 for stealth pony threads.
>>
>>503047
>1) I'm not one of the baiters.

Awful lot of bronies swarming in the threads, though. I bet you're one of them.
>>
>>503078
>Anyone telling barneyfag to kill himself/fuck off/get help is a brony.
>>
>>503083
Who else wants to interact with him other than you bronies?
>>
>>502146
>here's a you
>>
>>502766
Okay I haven't lurk on that board for a while.
What is a barneyfag?
>>
>>503090
You counting the baiter that got banned who admitted he didn't give a shit about mlp or just spouting shit that benefits you?
>>
>>503095
>Doing it wrong
Here's a (you)
>>
I'm pretty sure at this point of time barneyfag is just some stupid /mlp/tard who is attempting to get GR15 removed by being as obnoxious as possible. He's probably the OP of all of these stupid threads on /qa/ as well.

You guys got contained for being so obnoxious, you guys got considered lite-furries. It doesn't matter if it started off with trolls, what matters is you took that bait and fucking went mad with it. Containment is a retarded idea in all cases, but, once its done you DO NOT reverse it. Removing that rule or poking the board in the wrong way is just asking for a giant wave of stupid autismo shitposting globally that could last for quite a while. For what? To just be able to post a small selection of fucking reaction images?

No, no one gets upset at the sight of pony images. I don't see why anyone still spouts this very obvious lie. It has everything to do with the poster behind those images. Just as pepe is associated with a certain brand of annoying shitposter, ponys are forever tainted and associated with that insane obnoxious autism group. Looking at your board, you guys also haven't improved at all. In-fact, you only got worse, making the removal of the rule even worse of an idea. The current state is perfect. Ponyfags have their own ENTIRE board to themselves and everyone else doesn't have to deal with the trolling and shitposting. Why would you want to break that status quo?
>>
>>503097
Sure I believe you

Bronies wouldn't want to distance themselves from spamming at all
>>
Gotham = 4chan
Gotham police department = 4chan janitors and moderators
Batman = Barneyfag

Is this accurate?
>>
>>503111
So you're going to ignore the baiter not being from mlp. Got it.
>>
>>503117
Not seeing any proof. And like I said, bronies aren't going to admit they're bronies when it would make them look bad.
>>
>>503113
lmao barneyfag.

Maybe in your autistic dream.

Seriously this entire thread is autistic as fuck. You're all tard whining because you can't enjoy your dinner perfectly.
>>
>>503111
Nigga why the fuck would they? If you use the word "bronies" so much (even though board itself hate the word) you assume they're all stuck on this board when in reality most already have multiple board, they don't want to "spam" it, they want to use the picture when appropriate, which is plenty because there's a ton of reaction image, but of course because of ass like you a single reaction picture would already be considered "spamming" and you'd whine instantly.
>>
>>503122
Let me guess, if I were to go find the baiter saying this you'd just say it was fake or photo shopped right?
>>
>>503123
>"You're all tard whining"
U wot m8?
>>
>>503123
>He's the hero 4chan deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Purple Dinosaur.
>>
File: 1453231326400.png (64 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1453231326400.png
64 KB, 1440x900
>>503129
That's the sort of stuff Anti brony steam group were saying.

And most of these were managed by 13 years old who had no concept of reality and were basically in this because of pony avatars on TF2.
>>
>>503122
Stop being triggered by cartoon horses. If you say you're not triggered, that's just evidence that you're triggered. Triggered people aren't going to admit they're triggered when it would make them look bad. I've never seen any proof otherwise.
>>
Bump, I'm waiting for Hiro
>>
File: 1452601910972.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1452601910972.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>horsefuckers trying to escape containment once again
>>
>>503205
>Stop being mad. If you say you're not mad, that's just evidence that you're mad. Mad people aren't going to admit they're mad when it would make them look bad. I've never seen any proof otherwise.
>>
>>502945
if that were the case Pepes would have been banned seven ways to next millenium by now

The Rule exists to cater to knee jerk reactionaries like you
>>
Yes. I imagine shitposting will increase for the first few weeks after GR15 is removed, with people using pony reaction images and fan art to piss off faggots like Barneyfag, but after that people will probably stop caring and /mlp/ will continue to stay in /mlp/. The Barneyfag shit has completely gotten out of hand on /v/ and it's time to end it.
>>
>>504059
>The Barneyfag shit has completely gotten out of hand on /v/ and it's time to end it.
>intentionally being dishonest
Stop trying to pretend otherwise. The ponyfags are still the problem here. One post a minute isn't enough to shit up a thread and it takes a long time for that to occur. No, the problem, like it always has been, is those who reply and feed the troll. These people would quickly fall into obscurity if ignored. Even when they samefag 50+ times, they still aren't a problem and are easy to remove. The problem is when people fucking reply. THAT IS WHAT KILLS THE THREADS.

If you are going to use barneyfag as a reason why the rule should be removed, than, you are doing the exact opposite. You are only showing ponyfags should continue be contained as they haven't changed and can't keep their damn dick in their pants and not reply when someone criticizes or insults them. Not just that, that they will also go out of their way in an attempt to try and bait those who insult them and attempt to destroy as many threads as possible.

Removing the rule will last more than a fucking few days and is more likely to last for months. Months worth of shitposting, for what? So you can post fucking reaction images and act like supreme autists? No one cares about the ponys, what matters is the people behind them.

Everyone who replys to and bitches about barneyfag deserves a permaban alongside him.
>>
>>504073
Nigga you underestimate his autism.

Barneyfag WILL shit up the thread no matter what, even if people ignore him. He stays in it until its removed.

https://desustorage.org/co/thread/76862254/#76872470

All but 5 of the replies to this post is him.
>>
>>504073
>The ponyfags are still the problem here.
>No, the problem, like it always has been, is those who reply and feed the troll.
I don't even know what to say to this, you just argued against your own point.

>No one cares about the ponys, what matters is the people behind them.
This is literally Barneyfag's mindset.

I'm not being dishonest about anything. Barneyfag's shit pops up constantly in threads that have nothing to do with MLP. There have been many times in the past few months where I open a thread because I'm interested in the topic only to find out that the OP image has some sort of minor link to MLP and the entire thread is Barneyfag spamming. Recent Ape Escape and Kirby threads are a good example of this.

You said it yourself, the problem is people who reply and feed the troll. With GR15 out of the way, Barneyfag and everyone else that spergs out over "crypto brony" threads will have no basis for their autistic tangents. Ponyfags will probably start shitting up boards that are the most likely to respond to the bait, but over time people will stop caring and stop responding to it because they'll no longer have GR15 backing them up when they get mad at reaction images. Then the shitposting goes away and the only long lasting result of the whole thing is that you occasionally see a dumb pony reaction image outside of /mlp/, which I admit isn't ideal, but it's a lot better than people CONSTANTLY FUCKING TALKING ABOUT PONIES.
>>
Allow me to demonstrate why GR15 is pointless.

4chan is full of offensive shit.

If you are triggered or offended by racist content, you shouldn't be here.

If you are triggered or offended by sexist content, you shouldn't be here.

If you are triggered or offended by gore, you shouldn't be here.

You can repeat this for anything that offends you. You don't belong on 4chan unless you've stopped being a little bitch.

Same thing with ponies. If something as boring as a pastel horse triggers or offends you, then you shouldn't be here. In fact, you could avoid it entirely by not entering GR15 and brony threads and getting into fortnight-long arguments about it.
>>
>>503131
The funny thing about this picture, is that /mlp/ actually found that guy's anti-brony "base" (a weebly forum or some shit), raided it with pony porn and got the site frozen. Someone jumped in and registered the same domain, then turned it into a temporary MLP porn forum. All in an hour
>>
>>504158
I remember that, the best quality of pony porn and mare zoophilia all together, it was beautiful

Thank you Nicolas Cage, i love you
>>
>>504198
have fun being a degenerate
>>
File: 0 qa Boogeyman.png (131 KB, 1106x613) Image search: [Google]
0 qa Boogeyman.png
131 KB, 1106x613
Throwing this, still waiting for a Mod

>>504737
I do, thanks
Fuck off Barney
>>
Am I the only one who never even noticed the mlp-"spam" 5 years ago? Didn't notice anything on my boards at all and I had no idea that the show existed.
>>
So you guys managed to convince anyone to like you yet?
>>
>>505394
Unless you were on /co/ or /b/ it didn't have any real thing aside from a few threads here and there that didn't last long.

/b/ was the real deal and of course most of the people here were probably newfags back in the days who were just on /b/.
>>
>>504149
Thanks.
>>
>>505362
Hey, I'm just saying it like it is.
>>
eh, just change it so pictures are allowed but dedicated threads about it are still off topic
>>
>itt: bronyfags
ban everyone above this line.
>>
Sure. I don't mind some horse talk.

Just specify not to make threads on /co/ unless there's a new episode or news, like Homostuck was.

No dedecated threads allowed on any other board, leave it on /mlp/

Pony reaction images have to be relevant, and not in the OP

Harshly enforce the 'no avatarfags' rule, harsher than usual.

If someone derails a thread with brony shit, they get publicly banned.
>>
>>506818
Also
>49 posters
So what are the chances it's one guy sperging over how butthurt he is no one likes his shitty show?
>>
All of the pony spam was from people who figured out that a harmless cartoon about horses made people fucking furious, so they decided to spam it everywhere for free replies.

None of this would've ever happened if people calmed the fucked down and ignored it, but that's asking too much for 4chan.
>>
>>506824
>So what are the chances it's one guy sperging over how butthurt he is no one likes his shitty show?
Literally 0%
>So what are the chances it's one guy sperging over how butthurt he is about people liking a shitty show?
100%
>>
>>506821
This seems pretty good.
How do we summon Hiro to get him to consider this?
>>
>furfags wanting the same rights as normal people
kek
>>
>>507815
Spam his Twitter is the onyl way.
>>
>>507862
I have a Twitter account, but I don't think I can ring him up even though he has a twitter account as well.
>>
>>507815
I think that Hiro doesn't even know about the existence of that /mlp/ board
>>
>>508191
Just imagine one of his underlings trying to explain GR15 to him without sounding like a fucking crazy person.
>>
>>508194
It would be pretty easy.
"hey what's this board for?"
"oh years ago there was a crazy amount of shitposting being done by fans of this show, so much that we decided to quarantine them in this board to decrease the amount of shitposting across the rest of the site"
"wow that's crazy"
"yeah it mostly works though so i wouldn't do anything with it"
>>
>>508200
>being done by fans of this show

I bet you think the "IT'S NOT FAIR" threads on /v/ are legitimately made by desperate console fans with tears of rage streaming down their faces.
>>
>>501055
Dis
Ironically I get baited in replying every time someone has a bible of filters. Just learn to ignore, and you wont be needing any additional shit.
>>
>>508245
That one dipshit you alway ssee who always tries to make his case about how X board sucks now by saying "UGH, practically the whole first page is filtered!" needs to accept that maybe he's a hypersensitive little bitch who should fuck off.
>>
>>508233
i absolutely knew that someone would find issue with that one particular statement
bravo anon
>>
>>508191
He knows about them.
He posted last year in the board's 5th anniversary sticky.
>>
>>507855
Furfags deserve more than horsefuckers.
>>
>>506824
There are still people out there who are butthurt, you know.
>>
>>508252
>I said something incorrect and knew I'd be corrected!
Congrats?
>>
>>510305
For reference, /mlp/ was made to contain the horsefuckers. It's still up to this day.
/fur/ was created on an April Fools Day to contain all the furries. It was shut down a few days after and everyone who posted in it got permabanned.
That should give a bit of clarity on how bad they are.
>>
>>501052
Has the time come to consider rethinking your life?
>>
File: gee.png (184 KB, 290x500) Image search: [Google]
gee.png
184 KB, 290x500
>>501104
>degenerates
>>
File: ARCD-0040[1].jpg (258 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ARCD-0040[1].jpg
258 KB, 500x500
>>513847
>>
I need a Hiro...
>>
>>502833
>he
she is female.
>>
>>501052
Ponyfags got what they deserved. It's their own fault for spamming the whole site and derailing threads on purpose.
>>
>>516640
That was back when the show was new and fresh. It's been 4 years since the rule was implemented and a lot of the fans from then moved on.
>>
>>501052
>Has the time come to consider changing Global Rule 15?
No.
>The circumstances are different now. It needs to respond to what the site is now, not what it was in 2011.
No they are not.
/thread
>>
Waiting for Mods
>>
>>518101
This
>>
File: lol brones.jpg (253 KB, 1264x296) Image search: [Google]
lol brones.jpg
253 KB, 1264x296
>bait for barneyfag on /v/ for ages
>don't get enough of a reaction
>REEEEE SOMEONE MUST ACKNOWLEDGE US
>bump all brony threads for maximum attention

holy shit lol, you guys are psycho.
>>
>>519147
Yes, the guy who said >>519145 clearly has an agenda
>>
>>519152
he's a horsefucker trying to escape containment. no mercy.
>>
File: 1461479139724.jpg (16 KB, 251x248) Image search: [Google]
1461479139724.jpg
16 KB, 251x248
>>519166
I bet you're one of those guys that wants anime banned on non-anime related boards
>>
>>519152
Actually yes. No telling which side he's on, but this and a couple now deleted threads were bumped within a few minutes of each other. Someone was bumping everything at the time.
>>
>>519166
Not really, just a question about an outdated rule.
>>
fuck no you goddamn fucking faggots, you were banished to /mlp/ forever for being some of the most easily identifiable and obnoxious cancer in this side of the galaxy and that hasn't changed
>>
>>521997
and i jsut want to let you know that WHAT YOU DO IS TRIGGERING TO MANY USERS, SO FUCK YOU.
>>
>>501052
I wouldn't care. It seems the horse fad is pretty much over now. Sure the first weeks might be back to plenty of mlp shitposting, but soon enough those faggots probably get tired anyway. Than things are back to normal with no one complaining when a pony is posted relevant to a thread's topic.

>>518101
>>516143
Basically this
>>
>>522149
This, I don't think it would be any worse than SU now.
>>
>>522149
I kinda agree.
>>
>>502128
I've seen your posts around here and I doubt that you're aurhority on the matter. Now shut the fuck up you dickless rainbow idiot
>>
>>524180
>no one can share a name on the site
The unfortunate problem with namefagging.
>>
>>519393
4chan has always been anime-focused.
It was made for anime, but expanded afterwards.
That's the culture to expect by now.
>>
>>519393
Different anon, but yes, I think that anime should be completely banned on non-anime related boards.
GR15 just proves that it's possible to ban certain pics. It can be done and it works. Make a global rule against anime and a new barneyfag who hates anime will arise.
>>
>>525890
>GR15 just proves that it's possible to ban certain pics

It clearly hasn't, since people still violate the rule, only instead of posting ponies because they like ponies they do it for trolling. And in either case it doesn't prove that it's worth the time or effort to do so.
>>
>>525920
I don't think catering to things that upset people but can be hidden is something you should do.
>>
>>508200
>"hey what's this board for?"
>"oh years ago there was a crazy amount of shitposting being done by trolls, so much that we decided to quarantine them in this board to decrease the amount of shitposting across the rest of the site"
>"wow that's crazy"
>"yeah it doesn't really work at all though so it's just kinda pointless"

FTFY
>>
>>502016
This. There is no shortage of people who would like their own board dedicated to their specific interest, that will likely never get one. But the horsefuckers acted like a bunch of shitstains and spammed up the whole site, and they were REWARDED for it with their very own board. And they're STILL pissing and moaning because the rest of the site doesn't want to welcome their garbage with open arms. Hell, if every other board were deleted, and 4chan was nothing more than a hundred pages of /mlp/, they'd still find something to complain about. Fuck off already.
>>
>>527569
Basically every single thing you said is wrong or retarded.
>>
>>527379
This.
>>
>>527575
So, you're saying I got infected with some sort of malware that made pony spam show up only in my browser? And that /mlp/ isn't a real board, it's just a fake link at the top of the page? That's news to me..
>>
>>527569
Which is why these users who want their own board for their own interests can't feel so entitled.
>>
>>526004
Rules are rules, they have to make their own bed.
>>
>>527579
Oh, how we all wish we could believe that...
>>
Abolish GR3 b4 u can abolish GR15
Baby steps lads
>>
furfags and horsefuckers should be gassed
>>
>>501395
I have never gotten banned for posting a pony reaction image

At this point I don't think the mods care

They hate barneyfag and the snowflakes way more than we dumbasses posting images of Technicolor horses
>>
Case in point...look how fast his shit gets deleted...even when he has a point he thinks is important
>>
>>533593
Lol
I got banned in /int/ for posting an EqG image
>>
>>533596
Must be luck of the draw then. He gets banned all the time
>>
>>501052
>It needs to respond to what the site is now, not what it was in 2011.

People get triggered easily by mlp. Triggered anons derail threads. Derailed threads makes it harder to form discussions, a primary functionality. The rule is still responding to the need of 4chan.
>>
Good job OP...talk about rule 15
Say it should be repealed
Guaranteed replies
Anons triggered beyond belief
>lost sides
>>
>>533615
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The rule guarantees an environment of permanent butthurt in order to necessitate its own existence. It's asinine.
>>
>>533895
There was butthurt before the rule was established and there will be butthurt still of the rule is removed as there is butthurt while the rule is in effect.

Why do you think removing the rule will have everyone love ponies? All it will do is open the floodgates for mass shitposting
>>
>>501052
FUUUCKK YYYOOOOOUUUU THAT RULE IS THE ONE GOOD THING THAT MOOT LEFT US, FROM HIS ENTIRE HERITAGE YOU WANT TO DESTROY HIS CROWN JEWEL, YOU FUCKING MLP LOVING NIGGER JEW I HOPE YOU DROWN IN THE HORSE SHIT YOU LOVE SO MUCH FAGGOT
>>
>>533919
>Why do you think removing the rule will have everyone love ponies?

Of course not. Hate ponies all you want, but if you hate them enough to derail threads that should be on YOUR ass, not the guy who used a reaction image. The mods shouldn't be your Personal Dislike Enforcement Squad.
>>
You guys managed to trick anyone into being your friend yet?

All the best in manipulating others into accepting you!
>>
>>501052
I have a better idea: keep the no pony rule and delete /mlp/.
>>
>>533928
Mods don't do shit, its not going to be on anyone's ass, just more derailed threads because bronies dislike a topic and have means to derail it.

It won't even be only bronies that post ponies, everyone will because a reaction image of anything with a similar color scheme will derail a topic more effectively than dubs or trips, possibly even quads.

You can blame the people who get triggered and respond, but that's a problem that's been on 4chan for years with topics that dont even involve ponies. Removing the rule doesn't fix it. Making the derailers accountable isn't going to change anything because mods hardly take action on fast moving boards.

That's not even taking into account of off topic garbage that will spawn on various boards as it did before the rule existed.
>>
>>533939
So essentially, "This whole site is irrevocably fucked in a number of ways but let's keep enforcing this one specific prohibition that solves nothing just because."
>>
>>533969
How about "everyone thinks you're a pack of autistic tools?" That's a valid reason
>>
>>534002
"I hate people who like this thing and I adore having a little button I can push to punish them for it" is not a well-thought-out defense of the status quo.
>>
>but let's keep enforcing this one specific prohibition that solves nothing

It fixed a lot of the spam back in when the show first started airing and judging from the people in this thread it will continue to do so.

4chan is fucked, but opening another floodgate just so more autists can troll and derail threads for the epic lulz is a fucking retarded idea. You fags couldn't even contain yourself around barneyfag who's a grade C spammer at best
>>
>>534013
>It fixed a lot of the spam

No, it didn't. GR10 is "No spamming." Spamming ponies violates GR 10, and should be enforced under that rule. GR 15 does nothing whatsoever to stop spamming that GR 10 already didn't.

The ONLY thing GR15 does that GR10 doesn't is allow you to punish people who like a cartoon that you don't.
>>
>>534032
But it did. A lot of the spam was removed. GR10 wasn't enough apparently.
>>
Doesn't /trash/ kind of stabilizing show what GR15 being repealed would do? It would explode ponyposting for a few days, then it would calm down. It would become an ineffective trolling method.
>>
>>534230
Get real - everyone on trash is a furfag desperate for attention. Of course they don't mind it.
>>
>>533933
>"Look at me guys, I'm using exclamation points to look unique and dominant! Look at all these revelations I'm having! My parents beat me and wish I would leave! So superior and intelligent!"

Translated for anybody unable to speak retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 402x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 402x366
>>534240
>intimidated by an exclamation mark

Fuck me, what are you even doing here?
>>
>>534245
There's a shitposter who tries to make any discussion relating to GR15 into a series of fallacious accusations towards those questioning it- and they often use exclamation points in that manner. It's not being afraid, it's pointing out that they're just shitposting.
>>
>ineffective trolling method

ponies derail threads better than trips
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.