[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We need a final solution for 4chan.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 1425324595265.gif (694 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1425324595265.gif
694 KB, 250x187
How do we make this site great again?
>>
>>485906
Delete /pol/, /r9k/, /int/.
>>
>>485906
Ban everyone who has ever posted in /pol/

Make tranny and cuck threads a bannable offense.
>>
>>485906
Delete the site.
>>
>>485906
Rules 1 and 2
Sekret club mentality is the best filter for bad posters
>>
>>486055
It's also a good way to choke a site to death if you're not careful.

You need at least a small flow of new users coming in.
>>
make nonoko the default behavior again
it's just that easy
>>
>>485906
Ban frogposters
Ban Feels guy posters
Nuke /g/
Nuke /vg/
Nuke /r9k/
>>
>>485906
The most difficult part of that question OP is finding a single statement that everyone can agree on about what the _problem_ is in the first place.
>>
File: 5b.gif (194 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
5b.gif
194 KB, 450x600
>>485906
partyhard mode & cotton eyed joe always worked in the past
>>
>>485906
BAN 3D
>>
File: 1457131156654.jpg (101 KB, 513x486) Image search: [Google]
1457131156654.jpg
101 KB, 513x486
>>485906
>gif
>>
Remove it from Google, block HTTP referers from other sites, ban everyone who admits browsing reddit, 9gag, ifunny, etc and ban the newfags who don't even try to fit in.

>>486098
This. Otherwise we'll turn into a 7chan.
>>
>>485906
Don't allow phoneposting and put some pathetically small hurdle in the way of accessing the site to keep retards out, something like the sadpanda.
>>
>>485909
This + /v/ and /sp/
Then ban all the normalfags via phone ban.
>>
>>486144
This guy right here is the problem.
>>
>>485906
Bring back the april 1nd theme.
>>
4chan was best when it was new and novel to you because you'd never been to it before.

So I suggest finding a new website!
>>
sfw /b/
>>
>>485909
This, also /b/.
>>
>>485906
implement a feature that will temporarily block your IP if you've been posting on reddit for however long a cookie lasts
ban "wah go back to /pol/ you big poopoohead" type posting under the existing global rule 3
retrofit /g/ to be a Generals board and ban the type of thread anywhere outside there
put effort into maintaining /r9k/ as an original content board, start deleting whiny virgin threads
also wordfilter any instance of "BTFO"
>>
>>485906
Ban all people who think deleting boards is a valid answer.
>>
Short, multiple choice quizzes instead of captcha.
>>
>>485906
Delete the butthurt crybaby board aka /qa/
Remove captcha for all mobile users to attract more people to the site, us normies should be rewarded and the basement dwelling nerds that still use a computer in 2016 should be shunned
Ban anigay
Ban anyone that complains about /pol/ or casual racism
Ban all attention whoring tripfags
All new jannies/mods
Sitewide flags
>>
>>485911
That's like lobotomising everyone who has ever visited a zoo.
>>
>>485909
>>486142
>>486463

How old are you ?

back2plebit

>>486453
>>486665
>>486662

not bad

also force the robot&mute and make a /nsfw lgtb-qttfkjvx-whatever/ contaminated board - will clean a lot.

>>486673
Like in 4+4chaн ? 'com on it's better

>>486676
pros : 1,3,4,5,
cons : 2,7

>>485911
bait
>>
File: non proprietary ketchup.jpg (516 KB, 2380x1994) Image search: [Google]
non proprietary ketchup.jpg
516 KB, 2380x1994
>that gift
I miss when racism was just used for fun and jokes instead of people unironically foaming at the mouth about how much they hate niggers/jews and posting the same 5 Ben Garrison pics
>>
File: 0q5QGEv.jpg (59 KB, 608x686) Image search: [Google]
0q5QGEv.jpg
59 KB, 608x686
>>486690
>filename
>>
>>486690
That change was probably all due to boards like /pol/ and /int/.
They should have never been created, I honestly don't know what the hell moot was thinking. I guess he wanted 4chan to be like 2channel with place for literally everyone or something.
>>
>>486055
No, the best fucking filter for bad posters would be for Hiro to redesign the site so there would actual barriers to posting besides assmad autistic retards bitching at whoever doesn't fit their personal definition of what a 4chan/(board) poster should be. Not only is the site well known enough now that it can't be a 'sekrit club' that goddamn stupid method failed to keep retards out in the first place.
>>
>>487026
I've actually been thinking the secret club mentality is what drew people here in the first place.

If you just have an unmarked door that everyone walks by nobody is going to give a shit because they walk by tons of door. But if you start hanging up signs all over it that say "Keep out" then people are going to be curious and might try peeking behind the door.
>>
It's npt just 4chan. The internet in general have become a no-fun-allowed kind of place. Too many normies joined in circa 2008. Everything on the internet is srs bzns now it's fucking silly.
Just look at gamergate. Couple of /v/irgins going mad about a shitty game being greenlighted on steam blew into a feminist and counter-feminist movement. Just compare that to chanology and how much media coverage it got.
We're all done here.
>>
>>487087
Pretty sad but true.
I will just spend the rest of my life crawling even deeper into the internet to find somehow comfortable and fun places.
>>
>>487161
Are there any places these days though?
>>
Come up with a way to actually ban people. By this I mean make it so that when they get banned they can't just reset their IP
>>
>>487297
Pretty much this. You can ban by hwid which is what shit like Punkbuster used to do, or by MAC id

At the end though any ban method short of banning the entire ISP can be bypassed, and they will keep coming back, the only thing you can do is keep banning any IP they post with and out autist the autist as many times as it takes.

Personally I wonder if there's legal precedent to get the legal system to forcefully compel someone to cease all attempts to access/use a site. Like a 'digital trespass' law. Shitters like Ruggarel have been banned thousands of time but just don't quit.
>>
>>486190
And figure out how to ban people who share the secret.

Sadpandaing the site would actually be smart desu
>>
Don't.
>>
File: ThorSays.jpg (70 KB, 625x620) Image search: [Google]
ThorSays.jpg
70 KB, 625x620
>>485906
Ban all.
>>
send animu quests back to /a/, vidya quests back to /v/, pokémon quests back to /vp/, etc.
>>
>>486417
This, basically.

Getting a shitload more janitors and mods and taking steps to keep those janitors and mods would be a decent step too.
>>
>>487725
But that doesn't sound very fun.
>>
>>486186
Kek this level of sad virginity gets me everytime.
>>
>>487988
Get lost unvirgin
>>
>>487291
They can be found within popular shit, as absurd as it sounds. Twitch itself is giant and cancerous but it has small streams with good chats that almost remind me of the one stream-many streamers communities of a few years ago with livestream.
Many of such examples, you have to look for quality because the shit will get spammed in your face anyway.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.