[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gook v. m00t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: onesheet.jpg (56 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
onesheet.jpg
56 KB, 387x580
Hiro and moot, who do you like better?
>>
Kramer's my favorite, I love how he just slams the door open like he's escaping a war zone. Shame the actor got involved in that racist stuff because now I'm not allowed to like Kramer or something stupid.
>>
>>478511
Hiro actually has done some shit the users want and talks to us, so I like him better.
>>
their both gay lol
>>
>>478511
Moot
Hiro killed /asp/ all for the sake of some cherrypicking autists on /sp/ and is just a puppet of the fat mods
>>
>>478511
both are shit
>>
>>478511
moot is original and founder and i love him

but hiro is better admin
>>
File: 1446652722848.png (490 KB, 460x431) Image search: [Google]
1446652722848.png
490 KB, 460x431
>>478511

moot a cuck, praise Hiro
>>
File: what went wrong.jpg (37 KB, 500x190) Image search: [Google]
what went wrong.jpg
37 KB, 500x190
moot was fun until about 2005, i.e. back when he participated in community events like raids and fun instead of banning them. It's been clear for a long time that his interests at some point diverged from those of most of his userbase.

Many of the updates moot made later on in his administration, like making noko automatic, changing the email field to options and removing visible sage, were clearly done to make 4chan more user-friendly and less confusing, which I find disagreeable as the old features were useful, for keeping newfags out if nothing else. Likewise, in moderating the site, moot's policy was to keep boards "on topic" to the point of agony, doing things like temporarily deleting /r9k/ for "straying from its original purpose" when /r9k/ never had a topic to begin with, for example. His mind was in the right place, but he went too far.

By contrast, hiro seems perfectly content to load up the site with ads in a desperate attempt to scrape up some $$$$$, and aside from that, ignore it and pretend we don't exist. Ironically, this laissez-faire attitude toward moderation is exactly the kind of moderation that 4chan needs. Without moot and his intrusive policies and updates, we are now free to have some form of self-government within a reasonable extent. It's the perfect kind of administration for this website.
>>
Neither I like mom mod
>>
>>478954
>load up the site with ads in a desperate attempt to scrape up some $$$$$
what kind of fucking idiot doesnt use an adblock nowadays?

i have not seen an ad on 4chan in years. and no, i will not whitelist 4chan, only retards care about "supporting their internet communities"
>>
I don't like how Hiroyuki has added a few new boards. Frankly we could have stood to have some of the boards consolidated, we certainly didn't need any new ones. He's gonna fragment the community too much.

Also, Hiroyuki doesn't seem to care about the community the way Moot does. I know why some people would see that as a plus but I think putting time into the site the way Moot did produced more advantages than disadvantages.

Giving into the whims of the most vocal users isn't always a good thing.
>>
File: not_when_i_shift_disgust.png (269 KB, 459x360) Image search: [Google]
not_when_i_shift_disgust.png
269 KB, 459x360
>>478954
>he liked to Ctrl+f trough the entire fucking board pages to find a specific thread.
I know why would someone want a "sikrit clob" but that doesn't mean it has to be shit.

I have seen bbs with a better UI than early 4chan.
>>
moot was probably the more enjoyable, even if he did royally fuck up many times, he was still pretty fun and did try to attempt fixing some of 4chan's problems and make it where users had more interaction with mods... only to go backwards after that shortly before the whole GG shitstorm.

Hiro seemed pretty cool and actually did give us quite a few new boards, but he just seems invisible these days and doesn't seem to comment on anything other than the occasion when he decides to make a new board.
>>
Neither because Sage hasn't come back.
>>
>>480735
what
sage doesn't work anymore?
Or are you mad because it isn't visible an thus no downvote
>>
>>480741

probably a notorious slider/shitposter/shill who wants to know whether people swallow his shit or not
>>
>>480741
Visible sage. I don't know how to explain it other than my fee-fees, but it made condescending remarks and shitposts seem just a little more polite considering that they would actually have to put the effort of typing "sage" in the Option/Email box. Or you could look at it as adding salt to the wound in other ways.

I do think moot mentioned that shitposting wasn't necessarily bannable if it was saged.

>>480793
What agenda would I be working for wanting to bring something back that Hiro himself could probably program back into 4chan?
>>
Moot was perfectly in-touch with the community and had a good grasp of what we needed and what would be good for the board. He was sensible enough to turn down people's suggestions, even if they were popular or had the appearance of consensus, when he knew they would be damaging to the site.

Hiro seems to lack that sensibility somewhat, but I think he'll do better with time.

I just wish Hiro were more visible. He seems to just be letting mods run the show.
>>
How often did moot actually post on 4chan? Hiros posting frequency might be higher than moots.
>>
>>481141
Pretty much, he was more cautious instead of taking the first board idea that many people agreed on, granted it did set the site back because moot never liked venturing that much into new territory
>>481156
There were periods where he constantly posted, and then there were periods where he didn't post as much... and then he posted constantly again afterwards, mostly on /a/ or /jp/.
>>
>>481156
moot usually posted as an anon. Probably still does.
>>
>>481224
I think he means with capcode

So moot definitely beat hiro in that department
>>
>>481191
Is that actually true? I browsed /a/ all the time in 2008-2010, only saw moot post a few times.

And I never browsed /q/, so for it was extremely rare to see a post made by moot. Like a leprechaun sighting.
>>
>>481254
It was off and on at a couple points.
>>
Hiro.
>>
File: Why_not_both-.jpg (14 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
Why_not_both-.jpg
14 KB, 228x221
why not both?
>>
>>478511
Moot
>>
>>480703
who are you quoting?
>>
>>478511
I liked moot more, but just because this website was his. If a mod stepped out of line moot would beat them back into line.
Hiro-tan lets the mods make the decisions for him, effectively giving them unlimited power.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.