[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else like ironic shitposting? It's a form of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12
File: 1417314322229.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417314322229.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Does anyone else like ironic shitposting?

It's a form of art, I'm sure of it.
>>
I like it. People on /qa/ are just retards who want to completely change this site in a no fun allowed place.
>>
>>478430
Tell us more.
>>
>>478433
Everybody on this cancerous board is apparently pushing for more moderation while it's already overzealous. Just look at 4chan.org/bans. 90% of those make no sense.
>>
>>478417
"Ironic shitposting" is nothing more than an uncreative expression of butthurt.
>>
>>478443
Except it requires effort to create a successful ironic shitpost.
>>
>>478452

There is no such thing as a successful ironic shitpost.
>>
File: 1418722783240.jpg (36 KB, 410x476) Image search: [Google]
1418722783240.jpg
36 KB, 410x476
>ironic
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0CAkJgP6rNb
>>
>>478443
>>478463
Someone's butthurt
>>
>>478417
Irony killed 4chan
>>
>>478452
>hurr durr submitting dumb comments is an art
>>
File: 1439283307706.png (97 KB, 234x341) Image search: [Google]
1439283307706.png
97 KB, 234x341
>>478550
>"""""""""""""""'dumb"""""""""""""""""""
After over a decade of hard work, I've created one of the greatest memes to ever grace this website. His name is Cool Shirts Fan. It is extremely ebik and has much potential for OC. Unlike "Cool Shirts Guy", Cool Shirts Fan can be posted by anybody. I'd like to think of it as a gift from one of the greatest meme creators of all time. Oh, but I don't like bragging too much! As I said before, this meme can be used by anyone and everyone. I believe that keeping memes to yourself and not sharing them is selfish and rude, much like "Cool Shirts Guy". I think this here is a fantastic meme. If you don't agree with me on that, then that is perfectly fine because you are entitled to your own opinion. Criticism I believe is perfectly healthy for yourself and is needed to better yourself, and your meme making. I do hope that you like my meme. His name is Cool Shirts Fan.
>>
>>478555
>>
High-quality ironic shitposting is a treasure but most people fail at this artisanry and just end up making lots and lots of posts that are just shitty.
>>
Hiroshima, sck my dick u fckn fggt pussybitch
>>
it's fine when one person does it but now we've got a million andy kaufmans that think they're blowing your mind with epically shitty irony.
>>
>>478561
This
>>
Ironic shitposting is [s4s] in a nutshell
>>
>>478417
I try to ironic shitpost in between genuine shitposting.
>>
File: moot_on shitposting.jpg (107 KB, 1032x167) Image search: [Google]
moot_on shitposting.jpg
107 KB, 1032x167
>>478585
>>
>>478434
Including you, fampai.
>>
>>478443
>>478504
>all this butthurt
>>
>>478417
"Shitposting" as I understand it, is supposed to mean "Post that is worse than the poster is truly capable of" so ironic shitposting is just shitposting.
>>
>>478555
Greetings. My name is Patrick Bateman™, and I have contacted you for important matters.

I have taken notice to your post. It is of high quality™, but it's not the contents of the post that I'm interested by, it's the post-number.

Your post-number is unlike any other that I've ever seen. It is unique, as no other will ever obtain your distinct strand of numbers, but that is not the only unique thing about it.

Look at the numbers at the very end. Take a close look at them, and you might even realize it, too. Your post-number has ended in repeating digits, that is why I am contacting you.

I don't want to seem like a bother, as I understand that you're very busy crafting hundreds of quality™ posts such as the one I am replying to, but this is a matter more important than posts. It's a matter of life and death.

Here on [s4s], it is the most important rule of all that repeating digits must be checked and kek'd, that is why I am contacting you. I am here to check and kek your repeating digits, for it is a matter of religious importance.

So, after all this patience and discussion, I will now check your repeating digits. Here I go: #Checked

Now that your repeating digits have been checked by me, it is now time for me to leave. I cannot spend all day checking your repeating digits, no matter how much I love them. The reason? More digits must be checked.

Regards, Patrick Bateman™.
>>
artistic i agree
>>
>>478452
give an example of a successful ironic shitpost
>>
File: you have no power here.jpg (66 KB, 666x400) Image search: [Google]
you have no power here.jpg
66 KB, 666x400
>>478609
>>
Visible sage added to the """"irony""" and told me "I'm probably shitposting" or "You're thread is not worth bumping anyways"
>>
to a degree
if it's well thought out and subverts the thing it's pretending to be, then yes, it's art (and it's basically the reason i still come to this website)

but 99.999999% of the time people guise their inability to discuss or defend their opinion with shitposting.

also shitposting seems to be many anons go to way to talk on 4chan. i argue that shitposting should only be pulled out when somebody is being an ass and deserves to be mocked.

just think about how often you try to actually have a discussion and all the replies you get are:
>muh this muh that
>le reddit
>cuck
>meme
>butthurt
>autistic

some are mature enough to ignore these comments and move along, but it really degrades the quality of the website when most people post like this.

we've all seen the /b/ screenshots of people getting completly dismantled by a shitposter, and we all try and replicate that, but in the hands of dimwits, shitposting is a dangeours weapon against the serious posters.
>>
File: 1301206209301.jpg (77 KB, 1038x550) Image search: [Google]
1301206209301.jpg
77 KB, 1038x550
>>482196
just look at any old 'epic' 4chan screenshots
people being idiots on purpose, but for one reason or another its funny

for example in this random one i pulled out of my 4chan folder, /v/ users are giving the same level of analysis to an old game as they would to a current game. obviously they don't care that the graphics are bad (hence ironic) but are making a big deal out of it because it is funny (hence shitpost)
>>
>>478609
What the fuck is with the awful English in that screencap? I doubt that's a real one.
>>
>>478417
As long as it isn't political or /v/-style *raises paw* UH UH BIG POOP...FOR YOU LOL I'm pretty okay with it.
>>
Most of the time it comes off as trying too hard and not funny at all, but at least it's better than the retarded posts on reddit and tumblr where people build off eachothers posts with puns and wordplay
>>
>>478622
Nye's digits!

You're still triggered though, but I understand you're doing it to be ironic. Either that or you just dont "GET" it :^)
>>
File: 1210762800.jpg (215 KB, 480x469) Image search: [Google]
1210762800.jpg
215 KB, 480x469
>>482627
>Either that or you just dont "GET" it :^)
>>
>>482612
They're the same, you're holding a bias.
>>
All this self-analysis metashit is really getting annoying.

Personally I think all our problems are 100% moderation problems.
Think about it, would you be sitting here wasting your time talking about crap like whether or not we should accept shitposting if you didn't have to worry about mods deleting your threads? No you'd probably be out there making hilarious threads "shitposting" it up and having a good time, and just ignoring all the butthurt it causes because it can't effect you.

But no, we sit here instead because due to having a squad of retarded moderators the butthurt actually can effect you, so you feel obligated to change the way mods handle things by first influencing the userbase of 4chan through /qa/. But it's never going to work. This shit is just broken.
The only thing that can save 4chan now is the public execution of the current mod team, or just migrating to a new site altogether (which also will probably never happen).
>>
>>482668
The mods are retarded because they delete shitposting?
>>
>>482668
i've seen threads exactly like this on [s4s] and /lit/ my man
>>
lmao whata fuck man I just peed my pants
>>
>>482215
Notice how you made an argument, provided an example, and quite frankly blew the other fucks out the water but they just pretend your post doesn't exist.
>>
File: Tsukasa 199.png (84 KB, 1442x1098) Image search: [Google]
Tsukasa 199.png
84 KB, 1442x1098
>>
>>482684
The term shitposting has evolved.

Today it pretty much includes all forms of humor that don't follow a prescribed established meme format. Anything creative and new is considered "shitposting". Most of the accepted humor would have been considered shitposting if people had the same retarded standards then as they do now.
>>
>>482704
sadly, it's something im used to on this site

i convince myself it's because my argument is so bulletproof they cant even think of a comback
>>
File: frog.png (203 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
203 KB, 499x499
Frogposting amuses me. A lot of people hate it, but it's funny. Also it's funny to see people riled up because of an image of a frog, ranting about reddit or whatever. I posted one with an ifunny watermark recently knowing it would trigger retards and sure enough it did.
>>
>>482998
dumb frogposter GB2 /r9k/
>>
>>478609
moob cum bakuru preeze
>>
>>478417
Ironic shit poster
>>Hahahaha, look at that filth covered shit poster. I know, I'll show them! >Proceeds to smear shit all over themseleves.
>Hahahaha, this is how dumb you look.

Everyone else
>You are covered in shit and smell, get out.

Ironic shit poster
>lol what a bunch of idiots, its ok if I intentionally lower the quality of discussion and look idiotic, I'm doing it "ironically" lolololol trolled you.

Everyone else
>No, you are covered in shit, get out.

Ironic shit poating is just shit posting. We used to call you trolls, you looked stupid then and you look stupid now, you are just "I was only pretending to be retarded" tier idiots all over again. You are worse than shit posters because at least their idiocy is born from ignorance rather than intent. Ironic posting is the worst thing to happen to this site, case and point, /qa/ was a fantastic and friendly board until hiros q&a brought new attention to it and /s4s/ invaded. It only worked at first when /s4s/ was new because it actually was ironic and was making fun of exactly the type of posters you have become. The moment meta memeing became became a meme you were no longer doing it.
>>
>>483330
Literally "no fun allowed": the post
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.