[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remove (You)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: [meme].png (1 KB, 180x100) Image search: [Google]
[meme].png
1 KB, 180x100
What is the purpose of this "feature"? Are we really pandering to autists that can't even tell their own posts apart?

Not to mention it's brought in the worst type of attentionwhoring cancer that do nothing but derail the thread.

Remove (You).
>>
To indicate your post was quoted.
Back to reddlt with you.
>>
>>473625
Hiro only became aware of the meaning of (You) yesterday in a /qa/ thread.
>>
>>473625 (You)
Remove (Yourself).
>>
>>473631
But it already did that before this (You)shit became a thing.
>>
>>473625
This is some high-level metashitposting.
>>
File: 1452176532638.png (744 KB, 793x1500) Image search: [Google]
1452176532638.png
744 KB, 793x1500
>>473625
>>
>>473625
Kill(you)rself
>>
>>473625
>autists
Did you mean ADHD?
>>
No, but I do agree that the (You) meme is really fucking cancerous.
>>
>>473625
When I enter a thread I've previously psted in I do a quick ctrl+f (you), to see if someone replied to me, so I like it.
>>
Remove (You)
Add (Me)
>>
I think the entire native extension should be removed.
>>
>>475247
This. The less user friendly the website is, the better.

Not that I don't appreciate some features, such as auto refresh.
>>
>>475254
Oh.
To me, the native extension actually makes the site less friendly to me, so that's not why I wanted it removed.
I think javascript is a pain in the ass. I don't think anyone deserves to have to deal with it.
>>
>>473625
(You)
Just take it and leave.
>>
>>475238 (MeMe)
>>
>>475247
>>475254
This. Plus, I use 4chanx anyway.
>>
>>473625
The numbers are getting so large that it's a bit difficult to keep track at first glance.
It's better to have some sort of recognition at first glance than it is to have to actually read over what you said again.
>>
>>473633(You)
Link?
>>
I wonder how exactly it became a meme. Nobody minded for years and just treated it as a useful feature, but it feels like over the past year or so its meaning changed and people started seeing it as an attention thing. What caused the mindset to change from what it was before?
>>
>>476347
It was only in the extensions before, native 4chan only got it sometime last year I believe.
>>
Doesn't always works, sometimes replies to me aren't marked with (You).

By the way, what I really get off on is seeing the post number links next to my post. All those replies...
>>
lol at the complete autists who come to 4chan for "serious discussion"

I come here to shitpost and to get (you)s, thanks
>>
>>476404
I see, so it really is just the casual posters misusing a good thing.
>>
>>476347
convenient shorthand for autistics trying to justify their compulsive replying habits
>>
>>473659
Yeah and there have always been attention whores. Removing a feature because it has a meme you don't like associated with it is fucking asinine and would obviously do nothing.
>>
>>476404
It was in native extension at least 2.5 years ago. It was there before I started using 4chan X.
>>
>>476432
0/10
>>
>>477022
these dubs could've gone to better use
>>
>>475477
LeLel
>>
Remove (Yourself)
>>
>>473625
Here's one too
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.