[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Off topic generals on /a/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 15
File: 1458118975965.png (146 KB, 1846x561) Image search: [Google]
1458118975965.png
146 KB, 1846x561
Over the years there has been a growing problem on /a/ in the form of general threads which last twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. It has now reached a saturation point wherein if you want to discuss something /a/ related, you either find a general thread for the particular thing or you create your own and the thread is either ignored or you are told to fuck off to X general. The remaining threads are essentially cookie-cutter template meme threads which function similar to a general in that they attract the same set of inane and often off topic bullshit, every single fucking time they are post. These template threads basically your garden variety "why is X allowed", which are in essence no different to the multitudes of the same threads on /v/, however with a different image but the same bullshit autistm.

However, out of all of these cancerous generals there is one in particular which is no longer at all on topic nor relative to the board which it exists on. I am referring to the Daily Japanese Thread. In the past this thread has been protected by a fucking moronic mod, under the pretence that it was good for the rest of /a/; that it would produce more scanlators and the like. In theory, good idea. In practice, even by that point the mod stepped in to make an "official" statement, the thread itself was more focused on dumping images of visual novel screenshots (VNs belong on /jp/) and autistically arguing about shit unrelated to /a/ such as English grammar, different Japanese learning websites, creating internal bogeyman for anyone who didn't care for the established hivemind, etc. People saw this statement from the mod as free pass to do anything they fucking wanted and it would be protected.

>>>/a/138905719
Yes, pic is sadly related.
>>
File: 1458118796287.png (128 KB, 1672x991) Image search: [Google]
1458118796287.png
128 KB, 1672x991
Some time around late 2014 an anon appeared in the thread which would drastically alter the dynamic of the general, all the way to its current point. From this anon was born a rather huge resource hub and eventually a small dedicated website to the guide and other related productions of the thread itself. This massive host of resources, etc. which are useful for any learner and not just /a/nons, has been posted on several websites and imageboards around the web and has drawn a huge amount of outsiders and crossboarders into the thread. In itself it is a positive thing however these posters are not /a/nons and they do not give a fuck about anime or manga. Over the past few months people have been increasingly more vocal and open about how the thread isn't part of /a/ and people trying to bring back /a/ elements need to leave. This has spiralled out of control and at the moment and over the past month, maybe, there has been a huge amount of bickering because someone decided to create a new thread when the old one died by use an image for the OP which contained a famous anime and manga character everyone on /a/ knows and loves.

In the past this happened on a semi-frequent basis and it was generally appreciated as a nice way to change things up. However the thread now is full of autismal manchild who are extremely offended by this change in what they perceive as their little cirlcejerk and have been shitting up threads ever since, basically putting up a face of attrition in what I assume hoping that if they carry on like spastic autists long enough, the /a/nons will leave the thread and they can go back to their generic 24/7 safe space which is tangentially about the Japanese language and entirely nothing about anime or manga.

Some previous threads for further examples.
>>>/a/138788450
>>>/a/138755726
>>>/a/138728524
>>>/a/138708011
>>
File: snapshot.png (328 KB, 1900x2865) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.png
328 KB, 1900x2865
They have established their own website and everything pertaining to the thread itself is handled entirely outside of the context of 4chan and it being maintained by people who no longer visit /a/. What those few posters achieved is truly impressive on a scale not seen in a persistent thread on /a/, however it has no place on /a/ anymore. Mods, please fucking do something about this. Get rid of this cancerous general once and for all.

Now compare that to an example of what it was before the autists took over:
http://4chandata.org/a/Daily-Japanese-Thread-198-a38194
>>
Okay dude I was following you for that first paragraph on why you'd be sad that an anime you like is being ghettoed off to a general and all the offtopic trash and/or circlejerking that comes with that.

However it looks like you came here to bitch abut DJT. The Japanese language isn't an anime. DJT is a special case and "on-topic" discussion isn't an issue when the thread itself cannot be considered on-topic in the first place. Might as well cry about the drawthread talking about artists they like and sharing art tips.
>>
>>473385
Anon, while I do agree with you (I absolutely loathe generals, they largely contribute to /a/'s sorry state making everything a circlejerk and transforming it to a normal forum), you or someone else posted the exact same crap a few days ago and it went to shit.
We know that the DJT has no fucking business being on /a/, but spamming the same crap here won't do shit.
You should broaden the scope to all generals, thinly veiled or not.
As long as generals aren't all banned from /a/, the DJT isn't going anywhere, unfortunately.

Oh, and that one Sakura pic was ugly as fuck and the jap inside was wrong. I cringed while scrolling past it. I admit it made me open the thread though.
>>
>>473420
>DJT is a special case
There should be no special cases. That is the point. This is 4chan, an anonymous image board where threads are supposed to be created spontaneously and die in the same manner.

>Might as well cry about the drawthread talking about artists they like and sharing art tips.
Addressing specific issues is far more sensible than trying to address multiple off topic threads which do not belong on the board at the same time.

>>473432
>We know that the DJT has no fucking business being on /a/
Ergo this thread is valid.
>but spamming
This is making a thread, not spamming.
>and the jap inside was wrong
It was the same text as every other thread.
>>
File: agm-0001-autists.gif (200 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
agm-0001-autists.gif
200 KB, 540x400
>>473442
Fisking makes you automatically look wrong on /qa/.
>>
File: 1448485168872.png (20 KB, 596x892) Image search: [Google]
1448485168872.png
20 KB, 596x892
>>473447
Do you have anything relevant to add to the thread or are you just desperately trying to discredit it by building up a characterisation of the posting style?

Are you one of the generalfags from the off topic general in question? They shat up the last thread with insults and ad hom arugments in the same manner.
>>
>>473452
I don't like your thread and I don't like you so I am improving the quality of the thread by reducing your perceived quality of it. Hurting you benefits me. I am not the same generalfag. As far as I knew, this was your first thread. Now that I see that this is your second attempt at a thread, I will back off and let people who have more of a stake in the matter deride you. Thank you for the explanation. Go fuck yourself, wapanese.
>>
>>473464
>I am not the same generalfag
But you are a generalfag and clearly from that general.
Thank you for providing further reason as to why this general should be removed. Had a good day.
>>
>>473385
You are describing things in a very biased way, almost if you had a grudge against DJT or something. What you are doing right now is honestly no different than witch-hunting.

I am not visiting /a/ nor DJT very much anymore because I do not need to but it's objectively a great thread with many helpful people and one of the best places to learn Japanese if not the best. Banning it without having it moved to another board would be a tremendous loss. So until 4chan gets a /lang/ board DJT is here to stay on /a/.

On another note getting emotionally invested in the matter of a single, helpful that is, general over an anime board isn't something I would call healthy. You should reconsider your priority. It's also hypocrite on your part considering /a/ has had many issues these past months that were much more severe than what you're trying to advance.

Hopefully mods know what's best for 4chan. I'm willing to bet they will considering it's fairly easy to see through you.
>>
>>473385
Enjoy your ban for ban evasion
>>
File: 1455405676664.jpg (65 KB, 707x488) Image search: [Google]
1455405676664.jpg
65 KB, 707x488
>discover 4chan
>likes chinese cartoons
>goes to /a/
>shitposts all day
>sees /djt/
>"Huh? You can learn japanese there?! This board's culture seems pretty cool."
>goes to /djt/
>posts stupid questions
>"出来ない"
>"Fuck these faggots."
>goes to /qa/
>Makes a thread about it
>>
File: popcorn.jpg (58 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.jpg
58 KB, 300x360
>>469090
>>
>>473486
wew
>>
>>473468
I am not the same generalfag. I can be anti-you without being pro the thing you're anti. My position is that if something is being posted, then the users want to post it. Barring clear violations of the more precise global rules (in other words I'm ignoring rule 6), shock images on blue boards, etc, I take a very laissez faire approach to posts on 4chan and just stay out of threads I don't like.

Here's a filter that will remove any and all general threads so that you can MAKE ANIME GREAT AGAIN and stop being a punk ass crybaby bitch:

(\s\/.+\/)(.*)(\s([gG]eneral))

This will filter all phrases like "/aoeu/ aoeueoau aoeuaoe u General". It has the unfortunate downside of also filtering posts like, "/a/ has really gone downhill. There's general threads everywhere." But I think you can handle clicking to view stubs once in a while to get your metaposting shitfit fill.
>>
>>473530
You could maybe replace that /.+\/ by /.{2,}\/
It wouldn't filter /a/.
>>
>>473552
Oh nice! I'm still a student of regex. Everything I've learned about it was from some online tutorials and the only practical use I get out of regex is telling people on /qa/ about how to wordfilter things.

It just occurred to me that just about every general thread that refers to itself with /letters/ uses G as the last letter so maybe I could have just /.+g/?
>>
>>473557
Ignore me. I'm an idiot. I just realize this thread is literally about /djt/ which doesn't follow that pattern.
>>
>>473477
>ad hom and evading the objections raised.
>>
>>473530
Ignoring an infection only makes it worse and you are from that general as someone linked this thread, inviting people to come and shit up this thread.

Stop being a hypocrite because you are in a thread you don't like now trying to derail a thread bringing up objective and valid objections about a general that does not belong on /a/. You actions are transparent.
>>
>>473566
>>469090
>>
>>473566
I don't think that general threads are bad. I think the people who use general threads really like general threads. I don't think it's right for you to impose your will on other people. It isn't an "infection" and you don't have the right to thought police 4chan.

Tell me something you like about /a/ and I'll make a thread about how we should ban it.
>>
>>473557
Check regexr.com, it's awesome for building and learning regexes.
>>
>>473570
>I don't think that general threads are bad
They fundamentally do not belong on 4chan and for years were stamped out before they could form. 4chan is an anonymous discussion board with image posting wherein any given thread will last only as long as it is being actively used but will ultimately only live as long as the board traffic allows, which is supposed to self regulate as the more traffic a board has, the shorter lived the thread. Persistent threads do not belong on 4chan, period. That is what more traditional bulletin board forums with posters having accounts, are designed for.

A 24/7 is essentially a form of cancerous growth to the body that is 4chan. For years m00t and the mods actively communicated their fundamental opposition to the concept existing on 4chan yet gave in after become detached from the userbase.

>I don't think it's right for you to impose your will on other people.
Trying to get the mods to moderate as per the rules stated isn't what you are trying to suggest.

>and you don't have the right to thought police 4chan
Is this some extreme form of irony? These generals promote and encourage hivemind mentalities.
They are in action a form of limiting and policing what people are able to successfully express.
>>
>>473637
I don't care about anything you have to say if you're going to fisk about it.

Go soak your head and cool off. people have different opinions.
>>
The anon that I'm replying to deleted their post so I'll past it here:
[Deleted] Anonymous (14) 03/21/16(Mon)15:16:32 No.473662

>>473638 (You)
Fisking is pretty much the only respectable way of responding to something. It clarifies which points you are addressing and which points you are dropping.

Writing a more "natural" response just means that somebody somewhere is going to inevitably throw a shitfit about you having missed the point.

>>473662
No it shows that you can't synthesize the point from the poster's wall of text and it shows just how autistic you are.

See how I did that? Now watch this.

>Fisking is pretty much the only respectable way of responding to something.
No it isn't. There are many respectable ways to respond to somebody. Fisking is only one of them, and it's not even the most respectful way. I've never seen somebody fisk while complimenting somebody. If anything it telegraphs your disrespect.
>It clarifies which points you are addressing and which points you are dropping.
That should be clear from the way you speak to them. Shrektexting to show what part you're talking about basically says "You're too stupid to understand what I'm talking about. Here let me help."
>Writing a more "natural" response just means that somebody somewhere is going to inevitably throw a shitfit about you having missed the point.
For somebody so concerned with respectfulness, you sure don't respect the intelligence of the person you're replying to very much, Anon.

Which of those two replies felt more respectful? Did the second one REALLY feel necessary to you?
>>
>>473385
Keep up the good fight anon.
>>
I overstated my claim and thought about rewriting my post before being too lazy to do so.

>>473667
>I've never seen somebody fisk while complimenting somebody. If anything it telegraphs your disrespect.
I should have said "disagreeing" or "arguing" rather than "responding."

>That should be clear from the way you speak to them. Shrektexting to show what part you're talking about basically says "You're too stupid to understand what I'm talking about. Here let me help."
Communication breakdown can and does often occur on the internet, especially when arguments drag out. It doesn't say "you're too dumb to understand me" any more than it says "I'm a bad communicator so I've formatted my post in a way that should cause the least confusion."

Assisting the stupid and challenging the duplicitous is just a bonus.

>Did the second one REALLY feel necessary to you?
It has actually given me things to respond to other than "you are incapable of getting the point and are autistic."
>>
>>473667
>felt more respectful?
Entirely fucking irrelevant.
Why do you people always try to personalise these things? Focus on the fucking argument instead of the form.
>>
>>473638
Why did you decide to avoid entirely valid and coherent points and opt for a personal attack?

People read conversation like that and start to assume the argument has more validity to it then you are letting on, simply by the kneejerk reactions you have taken by attempting to discard it. It basically has the opposite effect of what you appear to be trying to have in the thread, which is pretty shit if you are posting your insults in earnest.
>>
>>473875
Do you honestly feel entitled to people being polite to you on 4chan? Go fuck yourself. Nobody gives a shit about your hatred of generals. Cry about it.
>>
>>473873
>Focus on the fucking argument instead of the form.

Okay. Let me see if I understand the point of this argument.

"I DON'T LIKE DAILY JAPANESE THREAD AND I HAVE SOME FLIMSY JUSTIFICATION TO BACK UP A NEGATIVE FEELING I HAVE. I WANT THE BOARD TO CHANGE TO BE MORE LIKE WHAT I WANT IT TO BE AND LESS LIKE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANT IT TO BE."

Okay. That's nice. No.
>>
File: 1446334992582.gif (60 KB, 499x475) Image search: [Google]
1446334992582.gif
60 KB, 499x475
>>473897
>Go fuck yourself. Nobody gives a shit about your hatred of generals. Cry about it.
Thats not nice
>>
>>473899
Why do you give a shit? Focus on the argument, not the form it's presented to you in.

>>473452
>They shat up the last thread with insults and ad hom arugments in the same manner.

That's called "Disagreeing With You" and it's a thing that happens on 4chan.
>>
>>473897
>Nobody gives a shit about your hatred of generals.
Except that generals are one of the most hated things on the site globally. Don't forget all about that. The hatred for generals is stronger than the love for them and it is something that has existed since the *very first one*.
>>
File: Fedora Tricks.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Fedora Tricks.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>473900
>Focus on the argument
>>
>>473905
Dumb frogdora poster.
>>
>>473905
>he accused the anon of liking fedoras
Fuck guys, debate's over. We lost this one.
>>
>>473447
Is that called fisking?
>>
>>474028
No, it's the normal way to quote people on the Internet.
>>
>>473900
>That's called "Disagreeing With You" and it's a thing that happens on 4chan.
The last thread has been linked above, bud. Take a look and you'll see that the anons from that general were linked to the thread and they promptly came over and shitposted it to death, hurling insults and fallacies like a female high school debate team.

They showed other anons the exact reasons why people don't want generals here because of the people they attract. It is only ever the anons from these generals who palm off acting like /b/tards as acceptable when it comes to criticism. No doubt they will continue tp do the same again this thread
They're like the oblivious trash people watch for a laugh on Jerry Springer.
>>
>>474156
>Everybody who disagrees me is an outsider who comes from some place and follows me around to ruin my life. They're all out to get me.

You're an idiot. There are 22 IPs out of 43 posts in this thread as of my post, and the vast majority of them disagree with you and are telling you to go to hell. The ones that "agree" with you are only doing so because I'm being acerbic so they're having fun making fun of me. Nobody actually agrees with anyone. EVERYBODY is attacking the structure and basis of the argument. You know why? Because people can post whatever the fuck they want and you need to replace your tampon and go to another website if you can't handle that.
>>
File: a00075-1.png (518 KB, 562x1500) Image search: [Google]
a00075-1.png
518 KB, 562x1500
>>474184
>generalfag this mad at other anons on the site being aware of how cancerous his general is.
Not going to learn Japanese by loitering in a perpetual circlejerk, anon.
>>
>>474221
Not even a generalfag. I just defend literally anything that anons want banned because anons who want things banned are idiots who can't handle that other people out there might have a different way of operating than they do.

If you want your website to behave a certain way, then make your own website. 4chan is deliberately apathetic to your plight.
>>
>>474222
>Not even a generalfag.
Only a generalfag defends generals.
>>
>>474227
That is obviously not true and I am an example. Name some other things you don't like and I'll defend them too. Then name some things you do like and I'll attack them. 4chan is a game and you need to gitgud. If your feelings get hurt then you should take a time out.
>>
File: 1395409383277.png (97 KB, 353x472) Image search: [Google]
1395409383277.png
97 KB, 353x472
>>474231
You're not fooling anyone so please go back to your general.
>4chan is a game and you need to gitgud
By kicking and screaming to get your own way and mods make special unwritten privileges allowing a thread which breaks the rules to exist because they are sick and tired of dealing with the faggots within the thread? So you're saying that in order to gitgud you must act like a hivemind?

4chan isn't tumblr or twitter, you know this right?

>If your feelings get hurt then you should take a time out.
Top irony.
>>
>>474227
>>474240
You are such a sad human being. I truly feel sorry for your family.
>>
>>474240
Interesting. But how does that make you feel?
>>
>>474241
>>474246
Epic.
>>
>>474240
>4chan isn't tumblr or twitter, you know this right?

I hope you realize that this supports my argument just as much as yours. When's the last time you've seen a general thread on twitter or tumblr? Generalthreads are obviously 4chan culture, right?

Revise your post so it's less stupid. I'll wait.
>>
File: 8748691848174.png (8 KB, 1414x72) Image search: [Google]
8748691848174.png
8 KB, 1414x72
>>474249
>Generalthreads are obviously 4chan culture, right?
So is posting sinks and ban evasion.
>>
>>474251
Finally, a mod post that isn't from years ago. Does that mean they're going to do something about it?
>>
>>474253
>Does that mean they're going to do something about it?
What can they do about? Look at the way the retards responded
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/137032768/#137040458
They are going to keep making those general threads even if mods try to ban them. That's how DJT became a thing: it was deleted a few times and anons freaked out at the mods and spammed the threads till the mods gave up deleting them and that is how it became a thing. It is really a matter of autismal cunts sperging out till they got their way and chances are it isn't going to ever change until the site is sold off to a company that will dynamically alter the format of 4chan.
>>
>>473385
>Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1471
>#1471
>>>/a/138931500
They've had nearly 1500 hundred threads of that shit?
Some quality moderation going on there.
>>
>>474251
>>137040592
>Also what >>137040532 said, now that you've sent out this stupid threat you can bet your ass every one of these threads will be spammed with off-topic so that you have an excuse to ban it.
Is there really anyone who didn't see this coming?
>>
>>474301
Can you screencap the deleted posts? They aren't turning up in the archive for some reason.
>>
>>474304
Those are posts from /a/, you can tell by the fuckhuge numbers.
>>
>>474305
My bad, I had something in the subject title in the search and it kept showing an error.
I don't really get the point of the post, though. Those threads have been notoriously off topic for years and the only people who use the general are the same handful of anons over and over again. If there is an issue, it is not because of people coming in to shit up the thread, it is because of the anons in the thread themselves who are not capable of not shitposting.
That is what generals breed so you can't be annoyed when they turn into pigsties. It happens on every general without fail and without fail the anons who have spent years in it smearing their own shit all over the walls will be the first ones to try and blame anyone else for their sorry state instead of accepting responsibility for what they have created.
>>
>>474308
>the only people who use the general are the same handful of anons over and over again
I occasionally post in it when I see someone who needs a point of correction or a good telling off.

They are kind of shitty but I think most threads are kind of shitty so I don't actually care.
>>
>>474310
>I occasionally post in it when I see someone who needs a point of correction or a good telling off.
So, shitposting?
>>
>>474317
>So, shitposting?
I guess if you consider Japanese language clarification shitposting the thread would just be one big shitpost, yes.
>>
File: criminal catching for dummies.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
criminal catching for dummies.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
Can someone give me a literal translation of the Japanese text on this book? I'm curious if this was a good English equivalent. I'm pretty sure Japan doesn't have actual "for Dummies" books, but they're ubiquitous enough for all English speakers to recognize them.
>>
>>474344
>I guess if you consider Japanese language clarification
The issues is that you are operating under the Dunning Krueger effect and your posts only serve to arrogantly take shots at people, not to inform.
>>
>>474361
「逮捕術入門」という意味については「初心者のために罪人の人を使えられる使用方法」と状態を示させています。
>>
>>474373
>The issues is that you are operating under the Dunning Krueger effect
You're free to correct me in DJT if you ever see me saying anything you find wrong, but I don't think you've ever done anything of the sort.
>>
>>474395
>You're free to correct me in DJT
Quote the posts here, since you decided to come out of your shitty little general and make the claim.
>>
>>474399
The last time I saw something I wanted to correct on the front page was two weeks ago.

Go get me the first post you made this month.
>>
>>474403
>Go get me the first post you made this month.
This is about your post, retard. >>474310
>I occasionally post in it when I see someone who needs a point of correction or a good telling off.

Are you so full of shit that you can't remember a post you made less than two hours ago?
>>
>>474388
Man I cannot even remotely read that.
>>
>>474407
>Are you so full of shit that you can't remember a post you made less than two hours ago?
I do, in fact, recall making that post. Your point?
>>
>>474410
>Your point?
This is getting sad.
>>The issues is that you are operating under the Dunning Krueger effect and your posts only serve to arrogantly take shots at people, not to inform.
>You're free to correct me in DJT if you ever see me saying anything you find wrong, but I don't think you've ever done anything of the sort.
>>Quote the posts here, since you decided to come out of your shitty little general and make the claim.

Either post your totally not shitposts or stop with the off topic nonsense. Better yet, go back to your shitty general that you came from with the intent to slide this thread with red herrings. Generalfags are dense as shit.
>>
>>474415
The last time I saw something I wanted to correct on the front page was two weeks ago.

Go get me the first post you made this month.
>>
>insufferable faggots this desperate to derail a thread criticizing them
/a/ has got to be the most autistic board on 4chan, like get a grip. The rest of us don't want these general threads insitu and there are anons who are going to complain about it, regardless of how much the dwellers of these creative black holes try to make out like these generals and the people within them aren't a plague on the site.

>>474256
>They are going to keep making those general threads even if mods try to ban them. That's how DJT became a thing: it was deleted a few times and anons freaked out at the mods and spammed the threads till the mods gave up deleting them and that is how it became a thing. It is really a matter of autismal cunts sperging out till they got their way and chances are it isn't going to ever change until the site is sold off to a company that will dynamically alter the format of 4chan.
All general threads come into existence this way which is why they are inherently a negative presence on 4chan but if mods weren't so lazy it wouldn't be able to become such a problem.

Why can't they just implement the robot site wide? That would drastically reduce the non-content in these threads. Even better, remove the ability to give a thread a subject and ban the repeated posting of the same image multiple times over the course of 48 hours. While it wouldn't remove these threads outright it would force them to at least be a little creative about it.
>>
>>474361
"An introduction to criminal catching".
The translation in the picture is good.
>>
>>474249
>Generalthreads are obviously 4chan culture, right?
>generalfags actually fucking believe this
>>
>>474740
They don't really believe it, which is why they are projecting their security by derailing these threads and every thread which exposes them for what they are. If they actually believed their bullshit they wouldn't care about the opinions of those posting on a different board about their awful general.

They've been warned by mods over time and they know that they are on their last legs, but are arrogantly trying to flaunt it as though they are untouchable. It's a desperate attempt to bluff and no one is buying it. The mods will eventually get sick of their off topic bullshit and it will be finally moved to a relevant board. As the OP has pointed out, they don't even need to be on 4chan at all when they have their own little site that contains and moderates everything.
>>
>>474740
>>474806
/vg/ has been on the site for 4 years now. The mods have either given up or they've forgotten.
>>
>>474852
/vg/ was a means to deal with the generals on /v/. /ag/ should exist because the problem is far worse than it ever was on /v/.
>>
>>474740
I was saying that to point out how saying 4chan isn't Tumblr or Twitter is stupid.
>>
>>474903
>/ag/ should exist because the problem is far worse than it ever was on /v/.
No, they should just simply be fucking banned. /vg/ never helped /v/. We don't need a cancer board that is just going to spill over to /a/. You don't cater to cancer, you ban it.
>>
>>474920
What's your favorite thing? We should ban that.
>>
>>474922
No one cares if generalfags generals are their favourite thing. They never belonged on the site in the first place.
>>
>>474925
Everything outside of /a/ never belonged on 4chan in the first place.

It's not "the first place" anymore. Adapt. 4chan's like a glorified ajax chatroom that lets you post pictures into it now, and it has been ever since the inline extension was made official.
>>
>>474928
>Everything outside of /a/ never belonged on 4chan in the first place.
>its this fucking retarded argument again

There is no need to adapt to something that still isn't wanted on the site by the majority of the site.

>4chan's like a glorified ajax chatroom
No it isn't, fuck off. There is no reason to cater to cancer because you are too lazy to fucking care.
>>
>>474933
On my screen right now is a timer that ticks, and ever so often when it hits zero, it checks to see if there are any new posts. If there are, it automatically serves those new posts to me without my needing to refresh the page. Better yet, there's a little notification in on my tab that tells me that there's a new post. And you wanna know the best part? If the post is replying to me, it shows something else so I know whether or not that update is important.

This is an official feature. It's part of the website. It's built in. You don't even need to install an extension to use it.

There's a thread watcher feature, built into the site that lets me see which of the threads I'm watching have new posts. It lets me see which of those threads with new posts have replies specifically to me in them. This is an official feature that is built into the website.

Have you stepped away from 4chan recently and taken a look at the direction it's moving as a whole, or have you had your head buried in your ass for so long that you've missed all of this? Have you forgotten how long it's been since the "Mark my words, Generals will be gone by the end of the year" (paraphrasing. I can't find the screencap. People post it on /qa/ a lot) modpost?
>>
>>474920
>/vg/ never helped /v/.
You're insane.
>You don't cater to cancer, you ban it.
Well obviously but the mods are afraid to outright ban these generals which don't belong, so containing them is the next best thing.
>>
>>474933
>Cancer
What is it about angry virgin NEETs who think that being acerbic and uninviting is what anybody else wants you to be.

Chemo makes your hair fall out and has a 2.1% success rate. 80% of oncologists say they would not go on chemo themselves if they got cancer.

You're only making things worse. Blessedly, 4chan can survive you, just like it can survive the thing you fail to get rid of. It's a big site.
>>
>>474960
>ad hom
>ad hom
>ad hom
>>
>>474958
>You're insane.
There is still generals on /v/ and making a general board for /v/ only further fueled its decent into pure cancer. /vg/ is seen as the 'board to talk about video games' despite it being everything but that and /v/ is seen as the shitposting board. General boards are cancer and don't help anything.

>mods are afraid to outright ban these generals
>fucking implying
They are just simply lazy.
>>
>>474963
>fallacy fallacy
>fallacy fallacy
>fallacy fallacy
>>
>>474984
No.
>>
>>474993
>Not having any argument.
>>
>>474978
>They are just simply lazy.
They have legit fears about outright banning those generals, though. Pretty much every time they have tried to remove a buzzing hive, it has resulted in massive amount of autism. Yeah, it's lazy, but there are also reasons behind it.

>>474994
Your entire fucking spheal was nothing but a pathetic attempt and character assassination which failed to address any of the content of the argument which anon posted.

Fuck off back to your general, you fucking clown.
>>
>>474996
>Your entire fucking spheal was nothing but a pathetic attempt and character assassination which failed to address any of the content of the argument which anon posted.

Haha, first argument on 4chan, huh? You get used to it. Lurk more.
>>
>>474996
>Character assassination against an anonymous poster.

You're adorable.
>>
>>474998
>Lurk more.
I've been using the site since 2004. I just don't suffer fools lightly.
I won't put up with your shit and you aren't going to silence criticism with shitposting.

>>475001
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>475003
Don't character assassinate me!!
>>
File: 1385201715925.png (25 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1385201715925.png
25 KB, 1280x720
>>475001
>implying this doesn't happen all the time and that general threads aren't home to countless of their own boogeymen.
>>
>>475006
Acting like a child only makes this premise of this thread more reasonable.
>>
>>475011
How?
>>
>>474996
>They have legit fears about outright banning those generals, though.
I really fucking doubt that. They would have more fear of outright actually approving of generals on boards like /a/ then pissing on the generals. Generalfags might actually be autistic spergs, but if they are anything its that they are pathetic limpdick fucks. Trying to ban them wouldn't take that long, just like one person can completely nuke a general by making 1 post per minute because they completely abandon their thread.

Generalfags are some of the most newfaggy users on the site and would just do lots of bitching but that is about it.
>>
File: get fucked.png (80 KB, 1033x267) Image search: [Google]
get fucked.png
80 KB, 1033x267
>>474288
>>
>>475121
Deleting text boards was the worst decision of all time.
>>
>>475021
Anon, these generals were able to stick because every single time a mod would delete the thread, an autist would spam another one. With DJT In particular, some of the early numbered versions of the thread started out more or less with the OP ranting about telling the mod to fuck off for deleting the other thread.

On /a/, every single time a general has attempted to be removed, the autists would shit up the board till they got their way.

>>475121
>get fucked.png
The words of that mod are meaningless because other mods after him have contradicted his reasoning. Not only that, but it has no support from the governing rules which moderators are bound by, so fuck off newfag, your image is irrelevant and has been for longer than you been on 4chan.
>>
>>473385

The guy who's been making these threads here on /qa/ has not only been spamming DJT threads on /a/ but has been spamming in the DJT thread for the last 2 hours. The problem here is this autist, not DJT.
>>
>>473442
>There should be no special cases.

Tell the mods.

DJT belongs on /int/, but the mods have that ridiculous vision of the patrician /a/ where everyone has a cursory interest in japanese culture.

>>473447
that's some meme tier response mate
>>
>>473385
>but the same bullshit autistm.
You'd know all about autism. How many times did you ban evade to post those million threads earlier?
>>
>>476026
>muh boogeyman
Generalfags are retarded.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.