[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bring back visible sage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: saiun_ex1b.jpg (252 KB, 1280x900) Image search: [Google]
saiun_ex1b.jpg
252 KB, 1280x900
Hiroyuki,

Please ask the mod team to consider bringing back visible sage. Sage was made invisible two and a half years ago by moot, citing the following:
>sage is now invisible. sage is not a downvote, and this misconception has persisted for far too long. sage replies will continue to function as they have in the past, but will no longer be displayed in the e-mail field.

I would contend that the solution to ignorance of a feature is not to make it invisible. I think it mostly contributes to is a situation where many people do not know what it is, and few people remember to use it.

I think that increasing awareness of the feature would be overall beneficial to 4chan; while some people might use abuse it as an excuse to shit on threads they don't like, that should be solved by handling the users. 2ch has visible sage and I think that it is a good thing; even if 4chan users may be a bit more unruly I think it can be managed.
>>
Few people remember to use it because most of them don't have any reason to use it in the first place. If you're the kind of person who would use sage properly, you already know about sage. That's why visible sage won't be coming back.

- A.
>>
>>465542
wait is this a serious thread? I thought I typed in s4s by accident lol.
I can't believe this is a serious thread.
>>
>>465547
When I first got here the way I learned about sage wasn't by reading the FAQ. There are a lot of posters out there with their heart in the right place who just never had anyone to tell them.
>>
>>465553
If they really deserve to know, God will lead them to find out, as He did for me.
>>
>>465554
While sitting around and being part of the elect is fun, I still think it would be better for the board as a whole if it were easier to enlighten the unwashed masses.
>>
>bring back le epin downvote
no
>>
>>465542
m00t was a fucking idiot.
下げ functions perfectly well when visible.
The whole "downvote" thing is just a vapid fucking excuse.
You don't need to "downvote" a thread when people prefer to actively spend time in the thread purposefully shitting it up till it falls off the board.

Bring back sage, bring back noko, and scrap the fucking catalog. If he cares more about the quality of the users than about the number of posters to data mine, he will bring these features back and remove the facebook friendly generation bullshit. It is a clear sign by most of the posters in this thread that the sort of scum that is able to access and post on 4chan wouldn't bother if there was a reasonable degree of difficulty.
>>
>>465601
>下げ functions perfectly well when visible.

YOU'RE a fucking idiot. Even on 2ch it's written sage, not with Japanese text.
>>
Saying things like "nobody told then" is a goddamn lie and a startlingly huge one at that.

Hi, hello, welcome to 4chan, a website that has been called the asshole of the internet since 2003. I fucking told so many goddamn people.
>"Oh yeah, sure, you are a real oldfag *rollseyes*"

By the time moot made sage invisible, I had been telling people it wasn't a downvote, didn't push the threads further down, for a decade. I craved it being made invisible, and begged him to do it on /q/ more than three times. I thanked him as profusely as a reply to a thread can be.

>Nobody told them
Fuck you.

Also, because it never didn't bother me, saging while also posting an image didn't negate the functionality of the sage. That is easily verifiable, with any ignored 0 reply thread on page 10. People proclaimed that for that same decade.

Even now, two years later, I still see the errant "sage goes in all fields" replies. But they're toothless noise now. They always were toothless, but people believed the weren't. That was the problem. Will be the problem again.

If the argument is "people don't know THAT THEY CAN use it, now" then those people wouldn't have used it legitimately, anyway. They would've acted as though it were a downvote, ignorantly. And now that they don't "know" they can't and don't. Oh gosh, a winning strategy.

But yeah, I agree with the anon who said "remove catalog." People don't read replies anymore unless they're linked directly to the OP, and I think catalog has something to do with that.
>>
>>465629
Anyways, >>465629, please listen to me. That it's really related to this thread.
I went to Yoshinoya a while ago; you know, Yoshinoya?
Well anyways there was an insane number of people there, and I couldn't get in.
Then, I looked at the banner hanging from the ceiling, and it had "150 yen off" written on it.
Oh, the stupidity. Those idiots.
You, don't come to Yoshinoya just because it's 150 yen off, fool.
It's only 150 yen, 1-5-0 YEN for crying out loud.
There're even entire families here. Family of 4, all out for some Yoshinoya, huh? How fucking nice.
"Alright, daddy's gonna order the extra-large." God I can't bear to watch.
You people, I'll give you 150 yen if you get out of those seats.
Yosinoya should be a bloody place.
That tense atmosphere, where two guys on opposite sides of the U-shaped table can start a fight at any time, the stab-or-be-stabbed
mentality, that's what's great about this place.
Women and children should screw off and stay home.
Anyways, I was about to start eating, and then the bastard beside me goes "extra-large, with extra sauce."
Who in the world orders extra sauce nowadays, you moron?
I want to ask him, "do you REALLY want to eat it with extra sauce?"
I want to interrogate him. I want to interrogate him for roughly an hour.
Are you sure you don't just want to try saying "extra sauce"?
Coming from a Yoshinoya veteran such as myself, the latest trend among us vets is this, extra green onion.
That's right, extra green onion. This is the vet's way of eating.
Extra green onion means more green onion than sauce. But on the other hand the price is a tad higher. This is the key.
And then, it's delicious. This is unbeatable.
However, if you order this then there is danger that you'll be marked by the employees from next time on; it's a double-edged sword.
I can't recommend it to amateurs.
What this all really means, though, is that you, >>465629, should just stick with today's special.
>>
>>465542
Redditors need thier precious downvote
>>
>>465601
While you can have whatever opinion on whether sage should be visible,
>bring back noko
Everyone uses quick reply these days, bringing back noko wouldn't do anything. The reason noko was made default was because everyone was using it anyways.
>scrap the fucking catalog
Even if you got rid of the catalog people would just go back to using catalog.neet.tv.
>>
>>465542
just use a "que picardia" to note people that there is a sagefest going on.
It works.
>>
Who fucking cares? Just say "sage" in your actual post if you want them to get the message.

I care much more about them getting rid of the stupid baka desu senpai wordfilters
>>
>>465601
What exactly is the problem with the catalog? It's far easier to keep quality threads alive on fast boards now that it doesn't take half an eon to wade through pages of shitposting. Yes, it's a user-friendly feature, but shitposters wouldn't miss it anyway - they just want the popular threads.
>>465676
>Even if you got rid of the catalog people would just go back to using catalog.neet.tv.
I still do. Habit is a powerful force.
>>
>>465542
>I think it mostly contributes to is a situation where many people do not know what it is, and few people remember to use it.
The solution is not to make sage visible, but to replace the options field with an interface that tells users what the available options are, such as a sage checkbox.
>>
>>465629
>I thanked him as profusely as a reply to a thread can be.
I told him that he had made a terrible mistake and that he should avoid catering to the lowest common denominator. Big whoop.

>If the argument is "people don't know THAT THEY CAN use it, now" then those people wouldn't have used it legitimately, anyway.
This is such a fucking copout. People don't consider using it because it slips their mind. It's as much "winning" as removing the feature entirely is, in so far as it solves the problem of people "abusing" it.

>>465738
I would like to know when other people are using sage; I would like other people to know when I am using sage.

Just because shitposters are going to harp on something is not a reason to ban it. Moderation is also far more robust than it was several years ago, in cracking down on things like "reported, saged, called the cops".
>>
>>465770
>I would like other people to know when I am using sage.
I would not.
>>
>>465818
So use noko+sage.
>>
>>465821
I'd be fine with making sage visible if that was brought back. (They got rid of it before making sage invisible.)
>>
>>465691
>It's far easier to keep quality threads alive on fast boards now that it doesn't take half an eon to wade through pages of shitposting.
Generals aren't quality threads.
>>
>>465938
If only it was possible to ban threads.
>>
File: 30 percent.png (284 KB, 1771x910) Image search: [Google]
30 percent.png
284 KB, 1771x910
>>465689
You're the problem.

It doesn't fucking DO anything. You're just announcing your butthurt to the thread and getting people to reply to you which bumps the thread anyway causing the exact OPPOSITE of what you want to happen.
Which still means you /v/ faggots are using it completely incorrectly to begin with.

>>465542
PLEEEEAAASE at least bring it back on /jp/

We know how sage works, we always have. We still do sage, but newcomers often don't and theres really no way for them to find out anymore since neither the users can correct them or they discover it for themselves.
>>
>>466764
>tripfAG
Give me the code, fag.
>>
antisage
>>
>>466254
>We still do sage, but newcomers often don't and theres really no way for them to find out anymore since neither the users can correct them or they discover it for themselves.
Sounds like a case for a checkbox.
>>
The visibility of sage is actually very important in and of itself, so that you know which retard bumped the shit thread.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.