[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is mobile posting still allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1445521025289.gif (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1445521025289.gif
32 KB, 250x250
So, In light of the incredibly autismal 'suck my nipples' spammer BTFOing the mods every 5 minutes right now, I think it's seriously time to give mobile users the boot from the entirety of the site. Phoneposting is simply far too abusable with the way IPs are allocated on 3G/4G/whatever, meaning faggots can literally become immune any moderation whatsoever with a few button presses. It really has to stop

Mobile users need to be banned from posting or making new threads, effectively making 4chan 'read-only' for mobile users. They can still browse threads but posting from a mobile device or browser should be disabled.
>>
shut up
>>
>>460434
At this point I am convinced that mods and jannies use mobile for their tools and to shitpost themself. There is no other explanation to not lock mobile users from posting.
>>
>>460434
99% of people have a dynamic IP and it is a piece of piss to reset your router and clear your cookies, anon. People have been ban evading on 4chan before smartphones really existed.
>>
>>460434
Moot was a mobile user, I believe Hiroyuki is also, it's not going anywhere bud.
>>
>>460640
Oh I'm not saying staff and admins shouldn't be able to use mobile, just normal users who 99.9999999% are abusing it for easy ban evasion.

>>460628
This is why they should move to hardware-based bans, slightly harder to get out of but may be too much hassle for casual ban evaders. You're never gonna stop autists like the aforementioned nipple spammer or Barneyfag, who pay for VPNs or proxies (and on this note they need to double down on identifying and rangebanning exit nodes or known proxy servers, clearly they are falling behind)
>>
>>460434
Never gonna happen. Fuck off you spergy virgin.
>>
>>461051
>>460454
Spotted the shitposters who likely rely on mobile to shitpost with impunity
>>
>>461266

No, you fucking idiot. There's literally no way to prevent someone from posting on their mobile device. There's no mobile only IP addresses thus no way to stop it
>>
I think it would be a good idea to block image names like image.jpg from being uploaded, so it would be harder for mobile shitters to just spam without putting a lot of work in.
>>
>>461041
how does a hardware based ban work?
>>
>>461275
basically what console bans are on XBL/PSN, it bans the unique id of your hardware. Punkbuster used to do this iirc.

It can be spoofed but it's more difficult to do than just resetting router and clearing cookies.

>>461271
Yes you can detect mobile users rather easy, if their IP doesn't give it away than their user agent will, and there are other ways to see if the client is a mobile user
>>
I use my phone to browse but I wouldnt mind a ban for phone users either.
Make shit read only.
>>
>>461310

80-90% of posts are non mobile, you're simply too stupid to pay attention to anything.
>>
>>461357

i'm not giving you a source for obvious shit mouthbreather.
>>
>>460434
>ban mobile-posting
I doubt Hiro would want to drive away the main source of traffic for the site
>>
just block image.jpg/image.png
>>
>>461274
That would prevent them from creating new threads and spamming not allowed content or flamebait images.
This is a very good idea and I will bump this.
>>
>>461310
>>461357
>>461378
>banned
How amusing.
>>
File: 1315295067810.jpg (19 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1315295067810.jpg
19 KB, 334x393
>>461310
>>461357
>>461378
Thats the type of quality you get from phoneposters.
>>
Mobile users really should be banned from uploading images at the very least so they can't start threads.

>>461041
Is right too. Fucking tired of seeing the same dedicated autists shit up the boards I frequent.
>>
File: shot0325.jpg (89 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
shot0325.jpg
89 KB, 426x426
>>461283
Web browsers expose no such unique identifier that cannot be reset easily. This is by design, and can not be circumvented by any site operator without going out of band (Flash, native plugins, etc.)

Plus, non-browser apps like Clover could trivially be modified to avoid detection via User-Agent, not to mention many mobile browsers can spoof their UA header.

Posted from Clover on my Samsung Galaxy S5.
>>
>>461905
Solution, change the posting code to something non-mobile friendly.
>>
>>461909
There is nothing a desktop-based browser can do that a mobile browser can't (or a specifically-engineered app cannot emulate).

As long as posting occurs over HTTP(S), via a standards-compliant web browser, with publicly-readable HTML and JS, there is literally nothing you can do to make it explicitly mobile-unfriendly.
>>
I literally cannot post from my mobile network. Every ip is fucking permabanned.
>>
>>461976
Good.
>>
I agree, this should definitely happen.

Sent from my LG G4
>>
A certain person recently bought a smartphone just to shitpost on /v/ endlessly. I imagine there are more like him out there. Something needs to be done.
>>
>>460434
The op pic demonstrates that shitposting is just as easily accomplished via computer.
OP BTFO
>OP BTFO
OP BTFO
>OP BTFO
OP BTFO
>>
Something DOES have to be done about this. The problem is having to deal with apps like Clover. Also who is to say some anon won't make another app for 4chan?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.