[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else fell for the "reddit isn't all that bad" meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 3
File: 1448736162165.jpg (40 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
1448736162165.jpg
40 KB, 500x295
Who else fell for the "reddit isn't all that bad" meme?
>>
Popular boards on reddit are godawful. Smaller subreddits are perfectly fine, though. /pol/ even has a gigantic colony on /r/The_Donald
>>
>>455894
of course Doj is a redditor
>>
>le smaller subreddits
>>
Glad you realized it.
>>
>>455894
>>455935
So same as 4chan
>>
>>455949
Yep.
>>
>>455949
Smaller "subreddits" are even worse because less people = more circlejerk.
>>
>>455950
Please go back to Robot Land.
>>
Some niche/hobby/information oriented subreddits are very useful for reference or productivity.
The format, and the entire rest of the site, are still pure cancer though.
>>
>>455965
Depends on the topic and how active that circlejerk is.
>>
>>455949
Of course.
/b/ and /v/ (shit, any of the video game boards) are terrible.
Never been to /a/.
/g/ has it's shit moments.
>>
>>455887
It's somehow less obnoxiously memey than this place, only you unsubscribe from all the default subs.
>>
>>455887
Who else fell for the "4chan is good" meme?
>>
>>456005
>It's somehow less obnoxiously memey than this place
its not, but not only is it more memey its more banal too. just stay on reddit, why do you even come here?
>>
>>455965
This is the future of 4chan if Hiro keeps subredditing and dividing and creating so many new useless boards.
>>
Reddit = interesting shit about [topic]
4chan = discussion and shitposting about [topic]
>>
>>455949
I never wanted to cut a poster's face into ribbons on 4chan as much as reddit.
>>
>>455887
Reddit has one thing going for it: it's not full of newfags accusing each other of being redditors.
>>
>>455965
>anything that's not retarded shitposting is circlejerk
Please kill yourself
>>
>>
>>456248
The reason why reddit appears to have decent discussion and no shitposting is because you're censored when you reach a certain amount of downvotes. Also, the users are circlejerkish, since you have an username.
>>
>>456262
effort acknowledged
>>
>>455887
Every time Google directs me to Reddit it's looked like normal people talking about things.

>>456236
Whenever I see a retarded 4chan poster I feel the need to tell angrily him off because he's ruining my house. Retarded Redditors (or Tumblrs, or Youtubers) don't bother me because they have the decency to be retarded somewhere else.
>>
>>456283
>because they have the decency to be retarded somewhere else.
No shit, hence why I said I fell for the meme and made reddit my house for two days

Never again.
>>
>>456290
Yeah but is 4chan really all that better?

I mean look at me right now, disagreeing with you. Are you enjoying it?
>>
>>456304
Yes, it is. No silent dissent via downvoting. Some asshat there made a wholly incorrect post while using a matter-of-fact tone, I called him retarded and provided actual facts showing he's wrong. Guess which part he chose to comment on?
>>
>>456307
When you say "no silent dissent" you realize that also means no silent approval too, right? It means no participation of any kind from lurkers.

Also 4chan users will bitch and moan about ad hominem too, thinking that "You're wrong and you're retarded" means the same thing as "you're wrong because you're retarded". That isn't remotely unique to reddit.
>>
Jesus Christ all these Reddit sympathizers need to get off here already and stay there
>>
>>456240
But it is full of massive circlejerking
>>
>>456269
This. Also it's so fucking sterile. There's no sense of community or fun for that matter. Reddit is no place for fun or to enjoy yourself. While 4chan needs to seriously curb shitposting and kick the underage faggots out, at least it's fun here at times.

Reddit is just boring.
>>
>>456269
>>456318
>>456319
You'll grow out of shitposting when you are 18
>>
>>456319
I'm sorry but none of this holds. Reddit can't be BOTH a circlejerk AND a sterile utilitarian place with no sense of community. Go fuck yourself.
>>
I'm one of the ones who doesn't have such a massive hate owner for Reddit to the point of autism and never using it under ANY circumstances, but I can say with certainty that Reddit is bad. It's upvote system is cancer, and it's userbase is punchable.
>>
>>456323
And you'll grow out of using reddit when you turn 14.
>>
>>456332
You should update your phone's autocorrect. It keeps making you make mistakes like hate owner instead of hate boner, and "It's" instead of "Its" like you're a fool that thinks "It" is a name rather than a pronoun.

Protip. You don't put an apostrophe in "hers" and you don't put an apostrophe in "its" either.
>>
>>456307
>Guess which part he chose to comment on?
This happens on 4chan all the time.
>>
>>456336
Redditors will never grow up. They will always try and shill their shitty website. And they will always try and shitpost constantly.

>>456324
Yes it can retard. Sterile is basically saying that everyone seems to agree with each other all the time and no one gives objections to someone else. Those that do are downvoted because their opinions trigger some people.

Also it's a circlejerk because, as I said, everyone agrees with each other
>>
>>456385
Community and Circlejerk mean the same thing except one of them you like and the other one you dislike, kid. Grow up. World's not black and white.
>>
Remember to report the thread and every single one of the stupid tripfags posts.
>>
>>456337
Who the fuck cares autistic faggot
>>
>>456424
Do you call people autistic faggots because being called an autistic faggot hurts your feelings and you egocentrically believe that everybody else gets offended by it too?
>>
>>456420
I dislike everything about Reddit period. But please feel free to go there since you seem to love it so much.
>>
>>456431
I don't love anything. Reddit is exactly as good as 4chan so I go to both places. Gaia is exactly as good as 4chan too. So is outside. So is Tumblr. So is Livejournal. So is Encyclopedia Dramatica. So is Fark. So is Digg. So is Hacker News. So is Breitbart's comment sections. So is Red Vs. Blue Forums.
>>
>>456312
>hurr idk what ad hom means
Just delete yourself already you stupid fucking reddit defender. 4chan will usually acknowledge the rest of the post if you've provided a decent refutation or counterargument or at least have the humility to stop posting. Redditors will latch onto and obsess over one slightly offensive word for eternity without ever addressing the rest of the post and still rake in their internet points since they have their friends jerking them.
>>
>>456344
Unless you're your post was nothing but hot opinions and no real citation or source it really doesn't. See >>456451
>>
>>456451
Ad hom means "You're wrong because you're a retard" kid. It doesn't mean "You're wrong AND a retard" it means "You're wrong BECAUSE you're a retard." Understand? See? I know what it means. Please reread my post and see that I said the same thing last time.

By the way: Please don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you do something that everybody else on 4chan does it too. We wouldn't be having a disagreement if everybody thought the same thing. Seeing as we're having a disagreement, then you must acknowledge that not everybody on 4chan thinks the same way you do. Therefore, not everybody on 4chan is a debate master like yourself who properly understands their opponent's full position and doesn't Ad Hom the fuck out of them. Just because YOU read every word, meticulously, that your opponent says, and understand it all well enough to refute their claims in a proper logical fashion doesn't mean that everybody does.

I was not defending reddit. The thing you said was true. What I was doing was putting what you said into perspective because LITERALLY EVERY FORUM WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET DOES WHAT YOU JUST ACCUSED REDDIT OF DOING EXCLUSIVELY.

I hope that answers all of your questions. If you have anymore, I'm here to help.
>>
>>456465
>I know what it means
If you did why did you even bring it up? It's not even relevant and I never once said the redditors accused me of ad hom, all they did was call me underage and immature and got upvotes for that.
>>
>>456474
Wait, let me clarify: I called them retarded (along with explanation as to why they're wrong) and then they called me underage and immature for using insults.
>>
File: 1428640038752-3.jpg (40 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
1428640038752-3.jpg
40 KB, 675x450
>46 posts
sasuga /qa/
>>
>>456477
Yeah, they accused you of ad hom incorrectly.

And then I said that people on 4chan will accuse you of ad hom incorrectly too.
>>
>>456482
>Yeah, they accused you of ad hom incorrectly.
They didn't accuse me of ad hom at all, holy shit where did you get that idea from?
>>
>>456484
So, are you some kind of autist that thinks you literally have to invoke the spellcasting mantra "AD HOMINEM" in order to accuse somebody of arguing incorrectly via the method of attacking an opponent's character rather than their actual argument?
>>
>le 4chan is le shitposting brah, u use reddit 4 da serious discussion
>>
>>458002
4Chan is just facing issues with the fact that a good amount of it's userbase is trying to ruin order, culture and standards the entire website like a cancer of sorts such that the new and summer people suddenly became the norm not because of a huge influx of people in but because the residents of 4Chan accepted and promoted those types of behaviors associated with those two subsets of problematic posters.
>>
>>458018
Also splitting boards and making new ones is a bad idea when they have no comprehensive direction.
>>
>>458018
>4Chan
Please, stop, it hurts...
>>
>>458069
It's either that or the more cringeworthy we or us.
>>
>>456269
It doesn't have decent discussion though, wtf is this meme. I fell for the discussion/ small subs meme and ended up getting downvoted to hell for having unpopular opinions a couple times. Also, by discussion do you mean retards posting endless strings of bad puns and memes? Redditors are incapable of actual, intelligent discussion. Their entire format encourages shitposting
>>
>>458094
if you take here or Reddit seriously feel sorry for you son.
>>
>>458095
Do you actually have any hobbies? 4chan hobby boards are amazing. Go on /po/, /an/, /out/, /k/ and things like that. Unless you're just some redditard that thinks this site is nothing but /b/, /v/, /r9k/, and /qa/
>>
>>456269
Upvoted posts also push down non voted posts.
Meme it up brehs :)
>>
>>456312
>It means no participation of any kind from lurkers.
>People who do not participate in discussion do not get weight in the discussion
What exactly is wrong here?
>Also 4chan users will bitch and moan about ad hominem too,
We've typically made it part of our arguments to simply add faggot at the end of a post. Shitty point.
>>
>>458116
I'm sorry, do you ever browse boards that aren't /b/ or /v/?
>>
>>456167
Not necessarily. People here bicker over the smallest differences of opinion and some just do it for fun. Reddit gives you asspats for not making waves, 4chan gives you (You)s for making waves.
>>
>>458443
Reddit gives you asspats for making waves with people who are already making waves and being clever and funny in the process though. You just gotta learn to game the system. You can talk shit about Bernie Sanders so long as you work a pun in there somewhere. It's easy.
>>
>>458477
It's easy to game but it's gross and who cares?
I do shill things I made there sometimes but I do that on /co/ as well.
>>
>>456316
No thanks :)
Freedom of movement buddy we can go where we want and you can't stop us
>>
>>458094
They should just get rid of the vote system on smaller subs. Also the entire site infrastructure is a clusterfuck. 4chan's structure is way more straightforward and versatile.
>>
>>456167
Have you ever visited multiple small boards before saying that?
>>
>>458529
How smaller? Because many subs are small enough that "new" and "hot" are identical. I can't think of any examples that people would have heard of (because if they'd heard of them then they'd be popular) but yeah. Things I go to that are practically one guy's blog and shit.
>>
>>458503
> :)
An underage redditor being a newfag, why am I not surprised?
>>
>>456443
You're one of the most brainwashed person I've ever seen in my life, no way you're talking for real.
Go lurk more to know why we hated Gaia and digg, to know why we hate tumblr and reddit, fucking cancer.
>>
>>458728
It's cute that you feel that way and I want you to keep feeling that way so I can keep making fun of you for it.

Do you wear a ribbon in your hair?
>>
>ITT ledditors
>>
>>455894
Not really, whenever I look for a subreddit for a less popular game it's always either entirely empty or filled with a bunch of people stroking each others dicks for all of their small achievements and whining, crying, and overusing jokes about the most powerful things in the game. Really when you've been on a subreddit for a day you've seen all you need to and will ever see.
At least if I posted about a small game in /v/ people might give their thoughts or talk about the game for a little while, even if it's negative. Of course, I only care about video games and have never really visited other subreddits, but at doubt they're any better.

>/pol/ posters are redditors
What a surprise!
>>
>>458735
>i don't have anything 2 say, so ill say im laughing at him hell feel bad lol epic win pepe XD
>>
>>458780
Haha, you sure got me.
>>
>>455887
>no auto update
>tree-based views
>"[CLICK HERE TO READ MORE]"
What the fuck did you expect, son?
>>
>>458799
You can get around all of those annoyances by installing extensions. Like how 4chan used to be.
>>
>>458809
Can't install extensions on my phone :^)
>>
>>458813
Either you can't browse reddit from that phone, or that isn't true. "Reddit is Fun" exists.
>>
>>458815
So I should install a separate app just to browse a website? That's bullshit, I already have a web browser.
>>
>>458819
I mean, you're free to browse the shitty version if you don't want to do any extra work. https://m.reddit.com
>>
>>458820
Nah, I'll pass, I don't go there anyway.
Also
>Reddit is Fun
No, it's not.
>>
>>458821
I don't care where you go. Just stop being wrong about shit.
>>
>>458825
As soon as you stop moving the goalposts.
I claim reddit has shit format, being able to install some extension doesn't make it not shit.
>>
>>458830
One of your examples was "No auto update" so I was roundabout accusing you of being a newfag to 4chan because 4chan didn't used to have auto update without an extension. We all used to install extensions. Redditors install "Reddit Enhancement Suite" and then you said you couldn't install extensions on your phone. You were actually the first person to move a goalpost.
>>
>>458840
Actually, I had three issues, autoupdate being only one of them. And they're all current. Stop bringing past into this.
>>
>>458842
Stop bringing the past into this. We talked about that a half hour ago.
>>
>>458846
Retard.
>>
>>459047
Go back to retard.
>>
>>458799
>>tree-based views
I'm using threading for 4chan right now. Not being able to respond to multiple people within the same post on reddit is the real problem.
>>
I took a break from this board for a few days and I notice it's become even worse about Reddit boogeymanning. Why? Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>459380
>>459380
>>459380
>>459380
>>459380
People on 4chan do this thing where they link to every post in the thread and it's really obnoxious.
>>
>>459508
I prefer that to copy-pasting the same shit to respond to multiple people.

You can filter posts that quote more than a certain number of posts.
>>
I have no idea what to go on lately, I've seen most of what there is to see on 4chan without it repeating itself, reddit is cancer, youtube keeps recommending me shit I already saw leading me to not find new things I'd like, netflix I watch but one episode per session,

Guess I'll start spending more time off my computer
/blogpost
>>
>>459551
Then you're just an easily bored retard. I doubt getting a life will help you because you're just going to fail at it.
>>
>>459575
k
>>
>>>/sp/ resident here
Reddit is a place where people farm upvotes like it meant something by making shoutout threads and going to other teams subreddits to praise their teams. And people seem to like this.

No wonder people think it is cancer.
>>
>>459625
upvote reddit style
>>
How does Reddit even work, a friend of mine tells me its amazing but I say I don't like the style he's telling Reddit is like.
>>
>>460370
Why don't you just ask your friend how it works?
>>
>>460377
He did the whole, "Find out for yourself" thing.
>>
>>460398
Ah. Drop him as a friend then.

The way it works is you submit a post to your choice of subreddit. Can be a link, can be some text, whatever. Then other users are allowed to upvote or downvote that post through a very poorly organized layout that makes it hard to actually find posts that haven't already been massively upvoted. And of course each post has comments like a news article, which can also be upvoted or downvoted.

I really don't see how anyone can be amazed by it. It tries to be clever but it's no better than your average news blog with a Disqus comment field. I don't know if it's trying to be a forum but it certainly doesn't qualify as one. For some reason all these people think there's a problem with the basic forum layout and try to get wacky, which results in some annoying bullshit I don't want to deal with. That's why I prefer 4chan. It's just an average forum, with selectable images instead of avatars.
>>
>>460370
It's really quite simple.
You say something that presents a different view on the matter discussed and find your comment hidden because people disagreed with you.
>>
>>460534
Not unlike 4chan.
"sage" "sage" "delete this" "this is bait" "epic meme"
>>
>>460556
That's different. At least here you're not being hidden by default, you're just getting a lot of (You)s.
>>
>>460560
Which is honestly worse. People can see your opinion at all times and just completely discard it because it's not the norm.
>>
>>460561
That's probably because a) the opinion is retarded, or b) you're posting on /pol/
>>
>>460562
Or is it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU
>>
>>460560
That promotes negative attention whoring. People post bait on purpose on 4chan. People do it on reddit too, but then they get downvoted for it.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.