[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did /r9k/ become what it is today? How did a merely technical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: dcaca.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
dcaca.png
325 KB, 382x417
How did /r9k/ become what it is today?
How did a merely technical gimmick spawn the culture that is associated with /r9k/ (i.e "misogynistic virgins blablabla...")
>>
>>413930
Stay a while and listen as I share the tale of /r9k/'s demise with you.

Initially /r9k/ flourished in an era of fresh OC and greentext, which quickly became its primary use, that and tripfag circlejerks.
Then, one fateful day, some anon posted a "feel" thread. It was a very innocent little thread, about things that made you feel different ways. They were positive threads with positive feels, such as ">that feel when walking into a coffee shop and inhaling" or ">that feel when waking up on a cold morning and snuggling in a warm blanket"
It is important to note that this era also marked the decisive transition in the meaning of >tfw (from >their faces when, to >that feel when)
What followed was a rise in >tfw threads which focused on the comfy aspect of feels and continued to slip away from the initial varied >tfw threads into far more specific threads. So you had >comfy feels and >work feels among many many others.
And then it happened. Some tremendous boy-molesting fruit, the absolute fucking lala homo-man, posted ">tfw no gf" and this devolved into the absolute worst circlejerk in which tears were used in place of lube.

tl;dr: Feelfags accidentally the whole /r9k/
>>
>>414045
>absolute fucking lala homo-man
holy kek thank you
>>
>>413930
A long time ago I made a set of gifs for /r9k/, just after the robot was removed.

http://imgur.com/a/RBhms

The pacing's a little bad. I was literally drawing them as I was posting them, rather than spending a lot of time making them and then posting them all at once.
>>
>>414045
holy shit
>>
>>414045
>Their faces when /r9k/
>>
>>414094
Neato

But I didn't get why feelbots can't love
>>
>>414124
Because they're robots.

It's metaphorical.
>>
>>413930

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-know-that-feel-bro

It actually started in Germany apparently. I swear, Germans should just be banned from the internet.
>>
>>414045
>tremendous boy-molesting fruit, the absolute fucking lala homo-man

You left out the anime reaction image on your post, weebfuck
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.