[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search /text/reddit/deleted/del
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1453329335693.jpg (295 KB, 630x375) Image search: [Google]
1453329335693.jpg
295 KB, 630x375
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/reddit/deleted/deleted/

just wanted to say thank you for finally taking care of the reddit cancer
>>
>>423228
I'm normally very critical of the mods but this was a good decision. "Reddit" spam was a huge problem that was used as a way to shut down people with differing opinions without actually addressing them, so it's good to see it gone. Hopefully things like "Plebbit" and the like get filtered as well.

Filters normally are sort of shit, but this is a case where a meme has gotten out of hand. It's not just a simple insult like "cuck;" Reddit spam was a whole method of low-effort shitposting and I'm glad it's gone.
>>
>>423228
The problem is they tried to word filter Reddit before and it did nothing. People just used different versions of Reddit such as Rebbit. Its funny that the mods are now doing this, because when a mod came here to talk about how he was sick of the spam, he said he had no idea how to fix it
>>
>>423325
This is not a filter.
Janitors delete all the posts containing 'reddit' manually
>Hopefully things like "Plebbit" and the like get filtered as well
Why?
The main problem is retards using reddit not as an insult but as a random buzzword, which is dangerous as it might attract actual redditors
Words like "plebbit" and "lebbit" automatically imply the insult so it's not a problem.
>>
File: 12.jpg (44 KB, 345x373) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
44 KB, 345x373
When is he going to start deleting the /b/ tier trash threads too? Or do those threads pander to the type of person that doesn't like being called "reddit" which means they get to stay up?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.