[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suspect that there's going to be a book about 4chan at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1447948903521.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1447948903521.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3300
I suspect that there's going to be a book about 4chan at some point in the future. An actual book about the history of the site, not a meme like pic related. If such a book were written, what things would it cover, ideally?
>>
How 4chan and the ascendancy of Trump created the world's first memeocracy.
>>
Books about websites don't really work. Even the movie about Facebook wasn't amazingly popular. Because anyone who cares can find out that knowledge with a simple Google search or they've been there long enough to know about it all. It's not like a person where there's people to ask questions about, letters to go through, historians to ask stuff, etc.

And it's already mentioned in the only capacity it was ever popular in during moot's TED talk. A place where you can anonymously say things and have freedom of speech. Granted, the freedom of speech shit is rather up for debate sometimes, but nonetheless, it allows a lot more freedom than most others do. Especially since permabans got phased out for the most part and bans here are easy to bypass.

So, it'll be mentioned in videos and whatnot, but there's just not enough "meat" so to speak to fill up an entire book.
>>
>>409938
What is your definition of meme, if you don't mind?
>>
>>409938
The incompetence of the modsquad.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/be-collection-greentexts-Aapo-Nikkanen-ebook/dp/B0186AA5L4

Although, I'm pretty sure this book violates copyright law and could be C&D'd if anyone cared enough.
>>
>>409985
this
>>
>>410118
Jesus fucking christ, look at some of the related "books".
4chan: Collected Feels (Volume 1)
4chan: Collected Feels (Volume 2)
Hackers on Steroids: A Vigilante Journey Through the Internet Abyss of 4Chan Cyberpaths and Facebook Paedophiles
28 Hues of Reeeeeee
The 15 Best Discussions on Reddit Ever
Funny Memes and Pictures: Extra Large Collection of Funny Memes and Jokes

I hope these "authors" die and slow and painful death, alone and impoverished. Fucking cancer.
>>
I visited the 4chan news boards in the past, but the history of 4chan is known to have an impact on internet culture. That's the entertaining side that I enjoyed as a kid. The more serious aspect has to do with anonymity and freedom of speech.
>>
There shouldn't be. 4chan really only makes sense when you're experiencing it firsthand.
>>
>>410290
Not unlike Undertale.
>>
>>410118
>Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
>99 Facts About Farts: The Ultimate Fun Fact Book
>>
You'd learn more about 4chan reading Tundra than reading some history.
>>
>>410237
Why do you want there to be more pain in the world?

Just wish that they'd stop making these things, take them off amazon, and cease to make a profit from their crimes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.