[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's another 'reddit' thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: qa in a nutshell.png (210 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
qa in a nutshell.png
210 KB, 368x475
>it's another 'reddit' thread
>>
File: smug gumball.png (84 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
smug gumball.png
84 KB, 500x461
Thanks for your contribution to this board. It means a lot to us.
>>
delete /qa/ aka reddit
>>
>>397272
>it's another ">it's another 'reddit' thread" thread
>>
It's funny, the real problem with the site isn't an invasion of outsiders, but all these idiots who think they have some secret club and only they are allowed to dictate how people make posts. The morons who scream "RAGE! THIS THREAD IS FULL OF CANCER AND REDDIT! FUCK OFF FAGGOTS!" while contributing absolutely nothing else are straight up DESTROYING this site, while trying to claim that they're the "true" users of 4chan. And a lot of them seriously believe they are.

Seriously, this is hilarious. What the fuck are 4chan posters doing trying to force people to post a certain way, and then argue this is a site about free speech (which it isn't anyway)?
>>
The people who complain about people who complain about reddit are worse than the people who complain about reddit
>>
>>397487
No, this is not true. Actually the best solution would be a word-filter for reddit, which would also change erratically. This would end all that whining. Please consider this, Hiro-kun
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 83x127) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 83x127
>>397272
ITT
>>
>>397981
In its place I would use
>plebbit
>rebbit
>redit
>that shitty site with upvotes and downvotes
>>
File: ffffag.jpg (16 KB, 173x228) Image search: [Google]
ffffag.jpg
16 KB, 173x228
>>397272

>"I go to Reddit and please stop saying bad things about it" thread
>>
File: plz-stop-post.jpg (88 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
plz-stop-post.jpg
88 KB, 500x375
>>397318
>It's funny, the real problem with the site isn't an invasion of outsiders, but all these idiots who think they have some secret club

Only an outsider would say this. Lurk moar.
>>
>>397986
I see you honestly enjoy those 'discussions' and would miss them. Pretty much the same goes for your friend here >>397987. You obviously just enjoy whining about reddit too much
>>
Please stop shitting up this board
>>
>>398010

You're wrong.
I dont enjoy talking to Reddit fags.
That's why I wish you would leave.
>>
>>398000
not >>397318, and this is something I'm just realizing now, but why does it matter? If we newfags actually outnumber the oldfags as they allege we do, why don't we just disregard them?
newfag uprising when?
>>
>>398780
>newfag uprising
neva
just lurk moar
>>
>>398780
>why don't we just disregard them?
Because some people have respect for the wisdom those that came before them can provide

But clearly most 4chan newfags don't these days. They come from reddit and think that 4chan is a proxy shitposting site whose needs come secondary to their own.

Using reddit is one thing. But identifying as a "redditor" while simultaneously thinking you should have any say whatsoever in what happens on 4chan is another thing entirely.
>>
>>398780

Because once you become an anon you dont outnumber other anons.
>>
File: 14yearolds.jpg (29 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
14yearolds.jpg
29 KB, 300x100
>>398783
>neva
>moar
>>
>>398800
been here for 5 years.
oldfags are the worst
>>
>>398800
>wisdom
Nostalgic whining is not wisdom.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 436x436
>its a reddit thread
>>
File: nibu2.jpg (61 KB, 469x553) Image search: [Google]
nibu2.jpg
61 KB, 469x553
>>397318
>using muh secret club as a serious argument
You want me to post that rant or something? Because yeah my secret club. Nothing wrong with it. Fuck reddit, tumblr, facebook and all that shit. Why should I be nice to them? Give me a reason. They should just kill themselves if you ask me.

But you can always go back to reddit anytime, why force yourself to stay on 4chan if you hate it or its posters, are you a masochist pig or something? Do you enjoy people insulting and calling you trash? Gross. No wonder /tv/ and /pol/ call you redditors cucks. It's probably true.
>>
>>399389
No one is publicly advertising that they use Reddit or tumblr. The only people getting bent out of shape is people like you who perceive a fake bogeyman as s problem anyone saying they're from Reddit is an obvious troll baiting for your reacyion.
>>
File: fliphone.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fliphone.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>399419
First muh secret club. Now bogeyman. Do they teach these premade replies in the 4chan subreddit or something?

How boring.
>>
>>398780
>newfag uprising when?
It already happened during 2007 and 2008, then again in 2010 and 2011.
>>
>>399486
Moot coined the term in response to how /v/ and 4chan at large always finds a new imaginary bad guy to fear on a near monthly basis. Moot was only wrong in that the boogeyman doesn't change on regular basis but just rotates between Shills, Redditors, and SJW's when time and time again it's been shown that no one is trying to pay people to advertise shit on 4chan virally, no one from reddit is going around on 4chan announcing they come from a subreddit, and sjw's would rather hide in their hugboxes on tumblr.

nothing is actually trying to destroy 4chan you autistic sperburger
>>
Honestly anyone that uses reddit in threads is just looking for a quick bait and troll. Calling someone Reddit is the most easiest fallback argument that brings in no discussion what so ever.

The problem is people can't ignore threads that don't cater to their tastes so they have to go in and shitpost and call people Reddit because they honestly have nothing better to do nor want to contribute to the discussion.

It's unfortunate but that's how /v/ and /tv/ is currently run right now. Don't like someone's opinion? Call them Reddit. Someone doesn't like your opinions? Call them Reddit. Something being discussed that doesn't cater to your interests and can't be bothered to ignore it? Call them Reddit.

Word filtering would be a start, but people would get creative and find a work around and by pass the filters anyways.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 695x572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 695x572
>>397272
The only reason there are so many of these threads is because redditors are borderline retarded when it comes to fitting in with other communities. Not only that, but it seems as though they act in the most infuriating possible manner and are so stuck-up and smug that they can't even admit that they have a problem.

Just look at this fucking thread; a bunch of pathetic, emasculated little girls constantly trying to one up each other and claim a non-existent moral high ground.

People come to 4chan to escape from this bullshit.
>>
>>399962
so the clear solution is to just ban the people for shitposting/attempting to start a flame war
>>
File: it's a meme you dip.jpg (23 KB, 984x691) Image search: [Google]
it's a meme you dip.jpg
23 KB, 984x691
Daily reminder.
>>
>>399389
>>399486
Stupid weeaboo
>>
>>397272
Reminder that actual redditors are the ones who spam the word reddit so it lost all its meaning
>>
What is a reddit?
>>
>>399996
Shitposting trash
>>
>>399981
Except /v/ mods can't do their fucking jobs correctly because its too big AND the leave up clear shitposting threads while deleting on topic ones.

/tv/'s mod is trying to destroy the board because he hates it
>>
>>397272
>+30 replies and 10 images omitted. Click here to view.
nice
>>
>>399389
It's because you can't make a serious argument for never allowing new people to post here. You bitch about newfags and migrators but you can't unironically advise that we just never have anyone else post here. Not only can't you do it but this site will never be built on keeping people out. It's such a pointless thing to bitch about.
>>
>>400111
So then we should let newfags get a free pass for acting like retards? Newfags today dont' respect 4chan culture. They only see it as that place where "dank memes and shitposting" are from. That is all they see it as.

The newfags need to be controlled tightly on a leash big time. They need to understand our history, but they do not want to do that at all.
>>
>>400118
>They only see it as that place where "dank memes and shitposting" are from. That is all they see it as.
This mentality is being perpetrated by redditors? I'm pretty sure it's a bunch of 15-20 year olds who just started posting a year ago who think that. In which case it just comes down to moderation which is at an all time low it seems.
>>
>>400123
Moderation got really bad last year when moot left and Hiro took over. the mods have gone power hungry, such as with /d/. They don't give a shit anymore and are seemingly allowing shitposting to happen and not doing anything to stop it, like /v/. Or they are actively trying to ruin boards because they have a personal vendetta against them, like /tv/.

We have some of the worst mods I have ever seen on any site, ever. They are beyond stupid, beyond corrupt, and they literally think they're gods now. They also have no respect for Hiro at all. Their loyalty in the end lies with moot. moot let them get away with a lot, and they expect Hiro to do the same thing.

The only reason we don't have new mods yet is because Hiro has even said it is very difficult to hire new ones because you don't know if they'll become corrupted as well. You would literally have to clean house. Meaning firing every single mod on here one at a time and replacing them with new people. Fuck I'm all for Hiro hiring his buddies from Japan. They might have been strict as fuck, but at least they cracked down on shitposters or faggots on 2channel and did their fucking jobs.
>>
>>400123
As for the mentality, yes most of it is being perpetrated by Redditors and people from Facebook and Tumblr. And most of them are underage little faggots on power trips who think 4chan is a place for shitposting. They are using the "Go back to Reddit" meme against people, because they know it'll cause shitstorms and they know the Reddit hysteria is at an all time high now.

Most of these faggots have no respect for culture or the boards themselves.
>>
I never go to reddit.

therefore I don't know when a post is reddit or not
>>
>>400195
Ignorance is truly bliss.
>>
>>399981
>so the clear solution is to just ban the people for shitposting/attempting to start a flame war

Apparently that's how it's suppose to be except the Mods can't exactly do that due to not enough moderation or mods not giving a damn.

If only that were easy, but then again we all know some dedicated small groups of anons just love to troll/bait everyone because it's just so easy to do.

The issue is that despite some threads being on topic and having actual discussion some anon is just going to pop in and derail the threads by calling everyone Reddit because it's so easy to do it. They are coming into threads with no intent on ignoring the threads or even getting into the discussion, they go just straight to the point in their baiting & trolling because they just can.
>>
>>400111
It's not about keeping people out.
>>
>>397272
Spoken like a true reddidiot.
>>
>>397318
>all these idiots who think they have some secret club and only they are allowed to dictate how people make posts
No, that's what always defined us as a community, making posts so incomprehensible only another one of us would get them without blowing a gasket. This foments lurking and scares potential visitors away.
Kindly fuck off back to you'are hugbox and never come back
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.