[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Given the current state of /tv/, could /got/ general please be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 350px-A_Feast_for_a_Crow.jpg (46 KB, 350x247) Image search: [Google]
350px-A_Feast_for_a_Crow.jpg
46 KB, 350x247
Given the current state of /tv/, could /got/ general please be re-allowed?
>>
>>395076
/got/ moved to 8 chan, now fuck off
>>
What happened to GOT generals? Why were they banned? Are they going to allow posting about GOT once it returns?

I hope so because I'm too dumb to follow the show with all those characters without asking in those threads.
>>
File: mods deleting.png (151 KB, 1199x354) Image search: [Google]
mods deleting.png
151 KB, 1199x354
It's ridiculous.

The front page is full of constant off topic shitposting, /pol/-bait, waifu crap all day.

The moment somebody makes a /got/ thread it's deleted near instantly.

Even threads that are just discussions about the fucking show, pic related
>>
>most popular and award winning show on TV is banned on /tv/
>>
>>396338
So game of thrones is completely banned on /tv/?

I'm laffin not going to lie. That's like the biggest tv show. I'm sure it draws untold amounts of cancer in hiros defense
>>
>>396349
>I'm sure it draws untold amounts of cancer in hiros defense

It does but name something on /tv/ that isn't cancer. I understand the general getting banned, but everything thread about GoT shouldn't get auto deleted.
>>
>>396349
It was banned before Hiro took over, because of a few autists shitposting in the general. But the shitposting is all over /tv/ so it's retarded they just focus on 1 general, and leave everything else fine.

If the mods can't do their jobs and allow the board to discuss the most popular show on TV then get in some with a modicum of competence
>>
>>396351
>>396352
There is a thread on tv now with bran as the op image. It's still up
>>
>>396355
There's also a thread on the front page asking non-Americans why they want Donald Trump as president.

The mods aren't active at the moment, half the game of thrones threads get deleted, or auto-saged until they fall off the catalog
>>
>>396355
And that was only created after another was deleted.
>>
REMOVE STAR KEKS THREADS
>>
>>395076
New /tv/ mods are needed. It is ridiculous to restrict Game of Thrones discussion on a board filled with constant shitposting
>>
>>396414
Fuckin aye'. It's insane.
>>
Is /tv/ used for shitposting more than /s4s/? Serious question. It seems like half the threads are just for memes, and iirc they've created the vast majority of memes that are used across all boards lately, excluding 'poo in loo' and a few others of course
>>
>>396504
It's kind of become worksafe /b/, although that isn't a great analogy, it gives the gist.

/tv/ is certainly full of shitposting but really I don't see the harm in the gOt threads within reason. I'd love to hear the reasoning for banning all of them.

I like GoT but I'm not super into it, and I found the generals actually did a decent job of containing it when mods removed the non generals that didn't have a purpose of their own. I think there needs to be a balance and the line is gray, but for sure it is too far toward over administration right now
>>
>>396504
Because the mod for /tv/ is the same fucker for /s4s/

It is a known fact that the mods have been trying to get rid of /tv/ for years now. Those leaked IRC logs proved it. With Hiro in charge, Swaglord, the mod of /tv/, thinks he can finally do it.
>>
>>396532
>Because the mod for /tv/ is the same fucker for /s4s/
Really? Huh. That... explains a lot actually.
>>
Stay in Reddit, retards.

We don't want generals in /tv/.
>>
File: 1400708018617.jpg (173 KB, 1040x1227) Image search: [Google]
1400708018617.jpg
173 KB, 1040x1227
Just look at the current /got/ thread, it's bumped with literal Reddit images.
If you want the general do this
>>395163
or this
>>396608
No one wants you here.
>>
>>396608
i wouldn't mind seeing a new board like /tvg/ with generals for all the shows which get recurrent threads, like /vg/ was for /v/

imagine a place where you can go and there's always an /sc&p/ general...

that way they can keep /got/ out of the general /tv/ to allow for all the TFA shilling and shitposting which normally goes on
>>
Here's a /got/ thread. It's not banned, or saged. Just 20 posters sharing reddit links.
>>>/tv/64230702
>>
/got/ singlehandedly CAUSED the current state of /tv/ with its cancer. Fuck them.
>>
>>395076
/got/ ruined Game of Thrones threads you moron
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.