[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did the use of spamming quotation marks originate? For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: well meme'd my friend.jpg (133 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
well meme'd my friend.jpg
133 KB, 803x688
Where did the use of spamming quotation marks originate? For example, I keep seeing
>""""""""English"""""""" """"""""Premier"""""""" """"""""League""""""""
on /sp/.
>>
>"""""""""quotation""""""""" """""""""marks"""""""""""
>>
File: 1359100877203s.jpg (8 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1359100877203s.jpg
8 KB, 211x246
>>392270
>/sp/
Don't blame us famalam, it started from shitposters on /int/
>>
>>392282
My opening post got cut off, I was about to say that I suspected that /int/ was the origin.

Did it originate from any thread there in particular?
>>
>>392286
I couldn't tell you the exact thread, but I'm pretty sure it started from one of those /int/ threads where everyone roasts each other (e.g. American "healthcare") and everyone just started going mental with the quotation marks.
>>
Herkz started it. He's the fucking worst.
>>
I don't like to be that guy but the site is slowly getting worse. It's like every thread is an exhibition show of who can make the most exaggeratingly awful post.
>>
one retard does it, the rest follow.
>>
it's a """""""meme""""""" older than 4chan
>>
Dunno but I adopted it from a Homestar Runner cartoon
>>
>"""""""""""""HOLY"""""""""""""
>"""""""""""""ROMAN"""""""""""""
>"""""""""""""EMPIRE"""""""""""""
>>
I believe I started the trend, on /pol/

I said >""""Great"""" Britain
>>
>>392377
It's not being "that guy" when you're right. Sadly they encourage this with the existence of a board like /s4s/. This site straight up REWARDS shitposting rather than punishing people for it.
>>
It's fucking dumb. Shitposting keeps moving, further and further, towards style, instead of substance.

style: extra quotation marks
substance: The Barbarossa/Barbosa shit

By substance, I don't mean quality. I just mean that it's whole. The style would refer to variations (______ posting).
>>
It was pioneered by Based Matt in au/sp/
>>
Where did
kek

KEK

K E K
come from? This one seems like it's from /sp/.
>>
File: 1449505215833.jpg (10 KB, 222x225) Image search: [Google]
1449505215833.jpg
10 KB, 222x225
>>393504
>try out a set of Belgian chocolates
>one of them is marked "BUTTER KEK"

Top kek I didn't even know it was an actual thing
>>
>>392270

It's actually quite old.
I remember seeing it on forums.
It's a good way of indicating sarcasm, if anything.
>>
>>393504
This is another elite meme created by the brilliant minds of au/sp/ (/nrl/ to be specific)
>>
based elite muscular /nrl/ and /cric/, the threads pulling the strings of 4chan
>>
THANK YOU BIG STRONG /qa/ FOR ACKNOWLEDGING OUR HUMBLE /nrl/ MEME!
>>
>>394992
>>394994
/cric/ pls go and stay go
>>
>>392270
I think you answered your own question.
>>
>>396129
>LE FUG LE GRIG XDXD
>>
>>396273
See
>>392282
>>392286
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.