[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rules on /cgl/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: 1450572408241.png (306 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1450572408241.png
306 KB, 400x299
>2. Don't bring community vendettas onto this board. Singling out individual cosplayers for the purposes of trolling them will not be tolerated.

Hiro this rule is becoming a pain to our board with people getting 3 day bans for mentioning anyone of prominence in our communities within threads not even focused on them.

Every other board is allowed to be as critical as they want as long as it involves their community so I don't understand why we have it to uphold this when no one else does. Isn't the whole point of anonymous is to be able to speak freely about our interests? Everything we do has to be so watered down and censored because someone might seek out our board and get themselves offended. This is fucking 4chan for god sakes.

Its like banning everyone on /v/ who brings up Todd
>>
File: 1450254984045.gif (462 KB, 589x331) Image search: [Google]
1450254984045.gif
462 KB, 589x331
>>389037
I heard /clg/ has a crazy hive mind when it comes to personal vendettas.

I guess this is what happens when a board is mostly girls.
>>
>>389106
>I heard /clg/ has a crazy hive mind when it comes to personal vendettas
No different from any other board
>>
>>389106
Whole new forums/boards have been made because of the rule just so people can constantly talk about others. Girls are vindictive but it's the same kind of threads you see about popular people anywhere else.
People were talking too much about how current popular people were lying or scamming and it's considered trolling for /cgl/ where /v/ will have multiple threads like that a day.
>>
>>389118
I assure you, /diy/, /o/, /sp/ and /sci/ don't bow to that bullshit, likely because >>389106. Bitches gunna bitch.
>>
Didn't you already split a couple times into other imageboards and messageboards for gossip? You have kiwifarm and lolcow and god knows what else I blocked out of my memory
>>389180
please don't remind me of the reddit and twitter crossposting that makes up modern /v/.
I still go there for video game discussions and I like to block that stuff out
>>
People get banned for trying to warn others of scammers and creeps because apparently that's bullying and we could hurt the stalkers feelings
>>
>>389037

It's mods being touchy. For instance, one of /soc/'s rules is don't troll camwhores. I once said "I thought this was a curvy thread, why am I looking at cows" and got fucking banned. For some reason mods are real fucking touchy on some boards when it comes to making jokes or talking shit.
>>
>>389274
>mods are real fucking touchy on some boards when it comes to making jokes or talking shit
Yeah its like the /cgl/ mods can't fucking even be bothered to delete duplicate threads and things that break the other rules, but has time to ban everyone who brings anyone predominate in the community in every thread
>>
File: 1441122206621.jpg (346 KB, 1104x1104) Image search: [Google]
1441122206621.jpg
346 KB, 1104x1104
What's the point of even giving women a board if they're not allowed to gossip about each other there?
>>
>>389037
>another board shitter crying, not lurking and misusing this board as /q/2.0
Saged so hard the bals got blue.
>>
>>389193
Lots of gulls don't like lolcow anymore because it's nothing but Ana chans.

Though I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of removing that rule because I feel like vendetta chans will come out of the woodwork. And it's not like we're a tripfag friendly place, so anyone can point fingers and get away with it.

Gulls seem to think this will be a way to root out bitches, but they'll just all turn on each other as everyone there is already constantly bickering as to who is posting.
Like I don't see this working at all.
>>
>>389706
>I feel like vendetta chans will come out of the woodwork
Of coarse it wouldn't be done away with completely, but rather use for its original intention to cut back the shitposting in the pt era which no one does anymore. It never used to be about banning anyone because they posted btb secrets or mentioned toot-chan

If someone's obviously shitposting or trying to ruin someone's life by posting personal information then ban them, but the mods are taking the rule too far trying to protect the feelings of people coming on our board with the purpose of getting upset
>>
>>389706
There's a difference between vendetta and being able to speak your mind. /cgl/ has always been good about calling people out on their vendetta
>>
File: 1445745071253.png (2 MB, 1064x983) Image search: [Google]
1445745071253.png
2 MB, 1064x983
>>389106
>I guess this is what happens when a board is mostly girls.
I'm guessing they told you to go back to /r9k/ huh?
>>
>>389706
You should be allowed to talk about individuals in the community as it pertains to the community. You just can't spend a whole thread going into irrelevant details about someone. Moot himself clarified this way back when, but that's not the way the mods are using it today.
>>
>>389743
>You should be allowed to talk about individuals in the community as it pertains to the community.
>You just can't spend a whole thread going into irrelevant details about someone.

How are you planning on governing this? Or are you hoping mods will figure it out.
>>
>>389733
No, they haven't, as I said, gulls can't even tell who they're talking to half the time.
Do you know how many threads there suffer from "who said what" because anons are just throwing each other off. Fuck, it's bad enough I have to constantly correct gulls for "waaah you're wasting replies" when there isn't even an image being posted. Like most people who go there clearly have no understanding of how the board functions.
>>
>>389730
So just no personal info then? I think that could work, but you'd have to delete a lot of shit when inducting the rule, because noobs aren't gonna understand it.

And lots of new people come to the board constantly. I'm starting to think we have a bigger turn over than other boards.
Mostly because lots of people are learning of the board, learning that peoples pictures are being posted, etc.
That's the tricky thing about cgl, we're already posting people constantly in almost every thread. Like most threads are meant for posting random pictures of people in cosplay and j fash.
>>
>>389901
>How are you planning on governing this? Or are you hoping mods will figure it out
Well I would hope the mods would know how to moderate

>>389905
Shitposting can be swept up by the janitors. That's what they're there for and we're not talking about basic newfag actions.

>>389907
>we're already posting people constantly in almost every thread
Exactly so why are the mods so worried about protecting these self proclaimed efamous people when the board is clogged with duplicate threads of "hey new to cgl what cosplay should i do" when there is already a help thread up and gulls have already told them to fuck off to days prior
>>
>>389192
>/sp/
Bad example. Literally half your threads would be deleted for talking about specific people or groups if you were under our moderation.
>>
>>389980
>Shitposting can be swept up by the janitors
And yet someone can still get away with ruining the B/S/T thread.
I don't know, I think it's gonna get out of hand again, because it obviously did before. The amount of trolling and shitposting I've seen on there that didn't get dealt with, or people who purposely wreck threads so they'll get deleted and mods just look the other way.

Fuck no, don't give these people more leeway. They can't handle it.
>>
Why the fuck is that even a board?
>>
File: 1438229748244.jpg (120 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1438229748244.jpg
120 KB, 540x960
>>390113
Because lots of people have an interest in it.
>>
>>390225
I want to spray oven cleaner in their eyes and have sex with the corpses.
>>
>>389303
Because we don't want them here in the first place and by limiting their shallow base human interaction, it encourages them to fuck off.
>>
>>390225
A lot of people have an interest in gambling. Why isn't there a gambling board?
>>
>>390478
Well, see that gulls, no one gives a shit. I fucking told you and you didn't listen.

>>390470
NOW THATS WHAT I CALL EDGY.

>>390479
Go ask Hiro for it if you really want it, he seems to be way more accommodating than moot
>>
>>390478
Anonymous has no gender.
>>
>>389037
this rule is applied liberally only when it comes to lolitas. guys post Jnig/Yaya threads all the time without repurcussion. if the mods are going to enforce rules lopsidedly, it makes us take them less seriously.

additionally, an anon who brings us useful and interesting information/translations from China was permabanned unfairly. it is frustrating when content we want to see (such as Chinese anon's news, or discussion of LJ secrets, which by their nature enforce obscuring names and faces) is banned while threads dissecting efamous cosplayer's bodies are allowed.

for the record, i post to /cgl/ daily, don't care about drama or gossip, and am male. i suspect this view of /cgl/ being full of gossippy bitches is what leads to the imbalanced and unfair moderation. the janitors/mods seem prejudiced against lolitas in particular, while cosplay fanboys (who aren't cosplayers themselves) get away with a lot more rule violations.
>>
>>390672
>threads dissecting efamous cosplayer's bodies are allowed.
i take this back, since it looks like those threads have been pruned.

still, it is not good to pretend that the rule is there only due to catty women. men love to come to /cgl/ to post shit about efamous cosplayers, so gendering the argument is stupid.
>>
>>389037
I don't thhink the rule is a problem, however the janitors are way too crazy about certain issues and people. It's practically "I don't agree with this therefore it's against rule no. 2" while other people shit up the board with dumb permavirgin-tier "GIRLS R HERE HURR" bait and fucking stupid "DASS RAYCISS" derailing. There is an obvious SJW among our janitors and they are trying to control board opinion by abusing what they can do and banning people who even mention their friends (i.e. posting a picture of kate or mentioning her name in a negative context and getting a ban when you can shit on other lolitas the same way all day).

Then there's the issue of ChineseGossip. She was not targetring specific people but a community as a whole and yet got banned for breaking rule 2. Are we not allowed to have genuine discussion about worldwide lolita communities? We can't even discuss BtB secrets for christ's sake!

It just disturbs me when obvious bullshit flies by fine but genuine discussion isn't okay because someone on janitor staff doesn't agree with it. /cgl/ used to be the place to get the most blunt opinions on lolita matters. Now it's another tumblr hugbox and traffic is moving onto other forums.

Entire threads focused on one person aren't okay, no. But let us at least discuss things in a general manner. Not every post mentioning something janitor-chan doesn't like is vendetta.
>>
Honestly, it is mostly just the lolita/jfashion side of the board, as well. There are constant threads about Jnig, Yaya, etc. that go on without ever being deleted or having people banned, but as soon as people start mentioning certain lolitas they're hit with the banhammer.
>>
>>390478
>>390470
found the virgins
>>
>>389106
not even girls would be petty enough to rangeban people for just mentioning names.

This can only be the work of brittle attention whores.
>>
>>390702
this is starting to turn, with "coswhore" threads now being properly deleted. (finally.) not sure if bans are applied equally, though. i am going to be checking the banlist when threads get deleted to see who, if anyone, faced punitive action.
>>
>>390495
>Anonymous has no gender.
Fuck off; the Internet isn't a place for women.
>>390703
Found the shallow cunt that has nothing in her intellectual arsenal aside shaming and emotional manipulation.

You're going to die alone and unloved. You see the difference here is that your words are meaningless to me because I don't give a shit about having a sex life anymore but what I just pointed out is something you cannot escape. Have a good life you disgusting whore.
>>
>>390710
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: 1409599028778.jpg (45 KB, 471x361) Image search: [Google]
1409599028778.jpg
45 KB, 471x361
>>390710
>>
>>389706
>Like I don't see this working at all.
Clearly you weren't here for any of /cgl/s past then. The board was like this until one day when moot came in, admitted he hadn't even visited the board in 5 years + and sperged out and changed everything. The board operated absolutely fine up until that point.
>>
>>390745
Been there since 2010.
>>
File: 1439328509099.jpg (42 KB, 669x746) Image search: [Google]
1439328509099.jpg
42 KB, 669x746
>>390703
>using virgin as an insult
>>
>>390703
Part of a healthy sexual world includes fantasies of chemical sexual assault.
>>
Back when moot added the new rule, he never meant for it to be like this. This was right around the time the maikodolly stuff went down. Janitors were going crazy and deleting things left and right and we were just trying to keep the community informed about a serious scammer situation. Moot had to actually step in and say "no, leave it, this is fine" because talking about maiko was relevant to the community.

The rule was meant for the constant pt and kota threads where we would just talk endlessly about their personal lives, their eating habits, whatever.

Also Chinese Gossip should never have been banned. She's valuable to the community and always keeps people informed about Chinese lolita related things
>>
>>390854
are you trying to be cyberpunk? because it's lame sounding.
>>
>>390906
I've been fascinated with the concept since someone suicided on television by drinking concentrated lye.
>>
>>390893
We'll have star chan threads these days.
>>
>>390909
are you really someone that goes on /cgl/?
now you sound decent. wanna be friends?
>>
>>390893
this!
>>
>>390480
>begging malware when you could just make it yourself
>>
File: 1444002695916.png (193 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1444002695916.png
193 KB, 500x281
>>390478
>>390470
>>
>>389905
>No, they haven't
Learn to lurk more newshit. Each time someone is posted in a thread in a negative light there are waves of "vendetta" and "nitpick" comments

>>390048
>yet someone can still get away with ruining the B/S/T thread
Exactly dumbass. Our mods and janitors are shit and focused on all the wrong things. They're not doing their jobs when they're so worried about "muh efamous" and let everything else get a slap on the wrist while they hand out bans.
>>
File: 1446143557281.jpg (18 KB, 140x239) Image search: [Google]
1446143557281.jpg
18 KB, 140x239
>>390845
>being so gross not even your 2DPD waifu would touch you
>>
>>390910
>star chan
Okay just who the hell is this? I missed it and now no one can talk about it on the board
>>
>>390672
Glad to see someone mentioning CG in this thread. She's one of the big reasons why I check(ed) /cgl/ regularly, she added a lot to the discussions there. It's a shame she was banned. I don't know the story behind why she was banned, however.
>>
>>391090
I would also like to know who star chan is.
>>
>>391178
>I don't know the story behind why she was banned
Mods claimed rule 2
>>
>>389192
as if people give a fuck about those boards
>>
>>391181
someone that someone else couldn't stop talking about even though no one cared.

either vendetta or selfpost, it was annoying and stupid
>>
How do we ask Hiro to change the rules? Make a petition?
>>
>>391393
>>>/feedback
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.