[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /qa/, what are your thoughts on /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
So /qa/, what are your thoughts on /r9k/?
>>
I don't think there is a word in the English language that adequately describes how pathetic they are.
>>
3 types of people there. Normalfags, failed-normalfags, and quiet depressed people who are drowned out by the first 2 types. The failed-normalfags are the absolute worst.
>>
>>379661
The quiet depressed people have some of the best discussions. I've seen threads taking about all kinds of deep shit on /r9k/. Then some shitposting frogposter runs in and ruins everything by spamming NEET memes.
>>
>>379657
The worst board on this website. If 4chan is the shithole of the Internet, /r9k/ is the the crack at the bottom filled with shit. Even if you were able to clean out the entire hole, that 1 crack would still be filled with shit.

It's a containment board for the worst of 4chan.

It's a board that proves the more frogs you see in the catalog of a board, the worse it is.

It's a board that undeniably proved that Reddit is, in fact, coming over to 4chan and regurgitating the same, tired, old shit over and over and over again.

It's a board that knows they aren't accepted anywhere else, but still choose to fling their shit around. Just like /pol/

It's a board that caused the word filters we have now.

If you ever needed proof that MRA, PUA, Red-Pillers, and MGTOW are all full of shit, go to /r9k/.
>>
>>379672
FUCKING THIS

>>379677
Holy dubs of truth as well
>>
Delete
>>
>>379701
no delete. otherwise they'll spread their cancer elsewhere
>>
It's the only board I actually hate. /pol/ is pretty annoying, but /r9k/ legitimately pisses me off.
>>
>>379677
>le MRA boogeyman

It's literally just a board where people talk about their problems in life: school, college, relationships, etc. A big deal of them have some kind of disorder. You're just projecting your retarded ideology onto these people, while the only thing they're looking for is some sympathy.
>>
>>379872
>A big deal of them
>>
>>379672
Yeah this more or less. /r9k/ has some of the best mental health related threads
>>
I can only stand going there for 10 minutes at a time every few months
>>
>>379878
I meant a great deal of them. A lot of them truly do have depression, social anxiety, a personality disorder, ASD, or physical shortcomings. All they want to do is talk about how it affects their life. Most of the women and normie hate is just memery.
>>
I've never gone there, and I don't think I ever will.
>>
>>379896
Bullshit. I HAVE depression and it becomes clear as fuck who does and doesn't have it.

Like you said, most of it is women hate and normie shit. Yet that is not depression. It's some pathetic fuck who like >>379661 said are failed normal-fagstrying to bring others down to their shit level
>>
I liked it when it was a board about pretending to be a gentleman and a board about trying to find words that hadn't been added to the filter yet.

Now I don't like it anymore.
>>
The board triggers normies into fits of rage (see this thread for proof) and attracts failed normies and depressives very well.

Now, if only we could surgically remove the failed normies, then it'd be a good place.
>>
>>379657
Absolutely irredeemably terrible, at least /v/ and /pol/ have decent threads once in a while
>>
>>379657
Realistically? It needs to be deleted.

>>379677
>>379709
It doesn't "contain" anything. It frequently spreads its shitty memes to other boards. It also attracts redditors to this site.

It doesn't have a purpose. No - the robot script does not give it a purpose. The robot doesn't even work properly. People post fashion threads there. Desktop threads. Funny texts. Song sharing threads. Rage threads. Everything that you can find on /b/ or another board. Why do we have two random boards then?

The board has outlived its purpose. If you are an /r9k/ user, you ARE cancer. Sorry, but its true. The board needs to be removed from 4chan.
>>
/r9k/ needs actual moderation. Delete all wagecuck threads and whatever spam threads are popular at any given moment (e.g. "how can you kiss a woman who's had cum on her face" threads that used to be endless), and force racebaiting threads into a general or ban them altogether.

The originality robot should only be applied to OP's text, and it should also be turned back on for images (for the OP). Also consider applying the robot to other boards too, like /v/.
>>
/r9k/ is the very definition of a failed experiment
>>
>>379657
Let's see
>people feeling sorry for themselves
>neets with no friends or gfs trying to rationalize their shitty personality
>neets trying to rationalize being shut-ins
>popularized pepe and other shitty memes
>full if b8
>frogposters
By far, the worst board.
>>
File: r9kManchildrenAnecdote.png (20 KB, 1115x292) Image search: [Google]
r9kManchildrenAnecdote.png
20 KB, 1115x292
I wrote this anecdote a few days ago. I feel like it easily explains the issue with /r9k/.

I don't know why they're on /r9k/, but the normalfags (frogposters) and failed normalfags (entitled crybabies) would do much better to go to /b/ and wizchan respectively.

In general, I feel like /r9k/ could go back to what >>380188 said, but to reach this, it would have to take a long while for the robot to expand its database. Aside from that, I really wish mods wouldn't just warn for breaking rules. I've rarely seen rulebreakers on /r9k/ getting an actual ban, even when they very much know they're breaking a rule.

>>379661
I agree with this. The meme posters aren't even that bad, it's the crybabies who are incredibly hostile and attack EVERYONE who may as little as think of sharing a non-agreeing opinion. They're the worst shitposters on this website, and they don't even realize it.

>>380016
Refer to my image and my reply to >>379661. You are part of the primary problem. Fuck off to wizchan you absolute rabid tumor.

>>381333
>The originality robot should only be applied to OP's text
What happens then is Redditors going back to spamming real nigga hours, frogposting, beta uprising, reeposting and baneposting. No thanks.
>>
>>379657
Fuck off, meanie. Being a meanie always has and always will be against 4chans rules since 2003. /r9k/ will be deleted in our time.
>>
>>381457
Uh, I think you're anecdote needs some improvements. I kinda get the idea you're going for, but I feel it could be explained better
>>
>>379872
>Sympathy

Maybe 10-20% of the people who post there are actually depressed anons who have nowhere else to go and have resorted to a shithole for comfort. The rest are failed normal-fags who are trying to look for a hive-minded place where they're toxic ideas will be accepted.

>>380016 is right in that most of the people who post there aren't depressed.

Women hate isn't something that comes with depression.

Endless frog-posting isn't something that comes with depression

Being an over-aggressive faggot isn't something that comes with depression

It's like the people who work the 9pm-4am shifts at WalMart, Target, Hy Vee, and so on. Yes, there are people there who are seriously looking for any type of employment that they can get and will do anything for money. But of them are just regular people who are working a bum shift, or, awful pieces of shit who don't give a fuck about anything or anyone.
>>
>>379872
>A big deal of them have some kind of disorder.
Don't even give them that. They're just roleplayers and funposters. They make memes and OC based around a common theme like every other board on 4chan.

The fact that this bothers people as much as it does is endlessly hilarious to me.
>>
>>379657
A slightly more entertaining /b/.
>>
>>379657
It's a nice place. Serves as a containment board for most people who are neets or simply depressed. Oh, also normies. We should keep it.
>>
>>379657
It needs to be split to /wiz/ and /r9k/. Bringing the robot back was a good thing.
>>
>>381457
Fuck off doj.
>>
>>381728
If I understand you correctly, you consider failed normalfags to be psychopathic individuals who hate women for no reason, and thrive on bringing other people down with their misogynistic and deterministic world view.

You may be right to some extent, but I still think it's a biased view. The cynicism on that board is definitely not only perpretrated by the failed normalfags.
>>
>>381886
I wouldn't say that they hate women for no reason. They've been dumped over and over and over again by some bar/party/club sloot and now they've turned bitter.

With the late night worker example I gave, I said there are those who are there because they need money or it's just a bad shift for them. While the remaining are there because they constantly fuck up and make the same stupid mistakes over and over again. Rather than learn from their mistakes, they try to drag everyone down. Saying shit like how certain people have it easier when it comes to finding jobs; certain privileges.

Seriously, /r9k/ is the male version of feminism. Yes there are indeed depressed-fags (surprisingly a large percentage on both feminism and /r9k/), but I would wager that the main reason that people cling to them is because it gives them an excuse to be a shity, selfish, retarded human being.

I understand that I'm coming from I biased point of view and wish I had some stats or other forms of evidence to back myself up. However, if you just spent a weeks worth of casual browsing there, I think you'd eventually see what I mean.
>>
>>381904
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/oliver-burkeman-column/2015/feb/03/believing-that-life-is-fair-might-make-you-a-terrible-person
>>
>>381953
and the point of this was what exactly? I'm not saying life is fair, am I?
>>
>>381964
Some people are born with a shit personality. I guess the failed normalfags fall in that category.

You're downplaying the problems that true robots face by saying that they are the male version of feminism. Some people are more privileged in society, which is also confirmed in research and statistics. The difference is that feminists believe that it's all based in society, while robots blame their genes. This is why they have more of a defeatist attitude.

Maybe toxic, but I think most of them leave the board in less than a year.
>>
File: 1418877315674.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1418877315674.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
It's an easy place to get some sweet, easy (You)s.
>>
>ITT: Normie scum
>>
>>382032
>while robots blame their genes

I'l give you that 1, but even then, there are people in far worse conditions that have done better. I understand that doesn't make their suck suck any less, however, it seems like the robots of /r9k/ will put up a barrier/wall/excuse as to why they can't get a gf or something of that nature. No doubt being ugly will be a fucking curse as I have experienced and seen, however, I have had my fair share of positive experiences along with others in less fortunate situations. Sorry if I'm getting tangled all over the place here. It seems to me that robots feels entitled to certain things then rage hard whenever they didn't get it and turn into bitter fags.
>>
>>382032
>while robots blame their genes
Robots blame women way more than their genes.
>>
>>382051
I don't like this concept of entitlement. I think it's normal to long for affection, or a job, and that you become bitter when you realize that girls aren't attracted to you, or when employers aren't interested in you.

You're convinced that they're just lazy and don't work hard enough to better themselves, but this is not necessarily the case.

>>382063
They're also jealous of chad, who's living life on easy-mode, the guy who gets all the staceys. Just like the beta uprising, these are just exaggerated semi-ironic memes. Some of them actually mean it, the Elliot Rodgers of the board, or the idiots who believe they are in good company. But when you dig deeper, you find out that they mostly blame themselves or their fate.
>>
I'v been there since the start, but now I'm trying to stop going there.

It wasn't until the robot function was removed and later re-enabled that I realized how awful it is.
Why the hell shouldn't I be allowed to say things that aren't original? Fucking reddit-tier bullshit is what it really is.
>>
>>379657
I go there to talk about my feels and relate to anons. I know people say it's a board that is full of nothing but shitty people but I am a shitty person so I fit in.
>>
>>382098
Not lazy, just shit heads. I know I've said a lot of things over the last few posts so I'll try and sum it all up in this 1:

/r9k/ is where failed normal-fags go. A failed normal-fag is someone who sees the life of partying, clubbing, bars, getting drunk, socializing, etc and buys into the idea that he must become a Chad. A Chad is, for lack of better words, the alpha male of the group of friends. The 1 guy everyone in the group wants to be. Failed normal-fags aspire to be him because on the outside, Chad see,s to have it all. However, they feel entitled to certain things along the way and never come to the realization that Chad, despite his many or few privileges, had to put some effort into getting to the top. These failed normal-fags refuse to do so and as a result, hate the "normies", even though they are still playing the normies game. These are the people who post the "Alpha/Beta" male bs, the MGTOW/Red Pill/PUA/other idiotic ideologies saying that this is the way to success. However, this is their definition of success (a very shallow 1 at that). They don't care about actually doing something because it makes them a better person, but because all those things are supposedly needed to become Chad. To emulate and resemble a Chad is their end goal; not actually become 1

On the other hand of /r9k/, you have the actual depressed fags who need a place to vent. I'll admit that the other anons who said /r9k/ is the best place to talk about mental health are spot on. These anons are trying to learn ways to cope, but unfortunately get mangled up in the failed normal-fag shit. These people need actual help and should redirect themselves to /adv/ or somewhere other than the toxic mindset of /r9k/'s failed, bitter community.

Then you have frogposters whom I'm convinced are Redditors that immigrated after the PoopooPeepee comics took off last year. They serve no other purpose but to regurgitate the same tired old shit in vain attempts of being popular.
>>
>>382213
I just believe that there is a sizable percentage of people who are beyond help, maybe 1-5% of the population. They may have tried to work hard on themselves without decent results, or they have tried to find someone in their own league. Maybe they're too autistic to even understand how relationships work, so that they prefer to be alone rather than force themselves into an unhappy relationship. Or maybe they have a serious disorder like cerebral palsy or brittle bone disease. Maybe a bad example, but you could think of Fredrick Brennan. These people are in the minority, but they also need a place to go. You could say that /r9k/ is a toxic place for them, because it constantly reminds them of their own shortcomings.

I just think that, even with all of its toxic sides, /r9k/ can still be useful and therapeutic, even for relatively normal people. Mainly because it brings people together who are in a similar situation. Also because these memes are a form of self-deprecating humor. It can prevent people from committing suicide, or go on a mass shooting. It can help them move forward in life, or at least find peace with themselves. /adv/ or other self-help stuff can be too idealistic at times, and that's why they prefer to go on /r9k/.

I think I can agree with you on the failed normalfags though.
>>
>>382281
I can agree with everything you say. Though I'll stand my ground and say /r9k/ is ultimately a bad board
>>
>>381708
Do you have any ideas?

>>381838
I will not.
>>
>>382436
see
>>382213
this guy seemed to explain what i think you were going for
>>
>>382510
Perfect. Thank you, I didn't want to read through every textwall in the thread without knowing if there was anything interesting.
>>
Used to be fun with some of the unique discussions on things but I got sucked more and more into the various depression threads which in turn fed my own depression. I haven't really been back since. It's really a den of self-pity
>>
>>379894
Same. All the good posters went to /sci/ & /lit/ years ago
>>
File: 1437425548654.jpg (69 KB, 545x369) Image search: [Google]
1437425548654.jpg
69 KB, 545x369
>>382614
>mfw you're being serious
>>
Delete
>>
>>381886
>>381904
I think a lot of the women hate comes from the fact that many robots are less manly than a lot of guys, not as good at confirming to traditional gender roles, and therefore fail miserably in dating because women exclusively date traditionalist men. I know plenty of feminists, none of them ask men out on dates or date less assertive men. You can call robots bitter or angry of you want, but the fact is: There is a huge double standard in dating where men are expected to do pretty much all of the work, and women are largely responsible for this double standard. Combine that with how many of those women pretend to oppose traditional gender roles or complain about sexism that would naturally follow from making men take all of the responsibility, and its easy to see where the bitterness comes from. A female "robot" would have little difficulty having sex or getting a boyfriend, so the robots are failing in part because of the double standards women hold men to.

Plus, women have gotten a lot less friendly in recent years. Most women don't give a fuck when rejecting guys, especially in online dating (which most robots do). Women are total bitches when it comes to rejecting men these days and don't even seen to think men have feelings, so again men who get rejected a lot will become bitter over time
>>
I'm a 28-year-old NEET in a near-constant state of >tfwnogf, but I never go on /r9k/ because when I've visited it, it's always felt too serious. Most of 4chan involves people joking around and pretending to have offensive opinions. Even /pol/, the official boogeyman of everywhere, doesn't mean a lot of the stuff it says ("We need to vote for Donald Trump because he will make anime real"- no, he won't, come on). However, when I've looked at /r9k/, it's always felt like they really do hate women. It's more of an r/mensrights than a /pol/, and I much prefer joking around to reading other people's genuinely heartfelt outrage. So fuck /r9k/. I don't understand the whole frogposting thing, nor do I know if /r9k/ has changed since I last went there probably about a year ago (when the robot was first removed), but it still has that r/mensrights and r/fatpeoplehate reputation to me, so I'd rather go and be NEET elsewhere.
>>
File: tttttttt.png (38 KB, 670x206) Image search: [Google]
tttttttt.png
38 KB, 670x206
>>379657
had the potential to be, and perhaps was, the best board for a while.
if only the rules were followed..
>>
File: 1449978686160.jpg (90 KB, 773x773) Image search: [Google]
1449978686160.jpg
90 KB, 773x773
>>379657
Ruined my life along with /pol/ tbqh
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.