[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when can the /co/-games come home?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: 7312.jpg (20 KB, 323x480) Image search: [Google]
7312.jpg
20 KB, 323x480
So when can the /co/-games come home?
>>
File: FnFgoLs.jpg (134 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
FnFgoLs.jpg
134 KB, 778x1018
>>
>>377529
i guess they never left, we should just rename them "co hunger games" or something similar.

I mean we have been doing these games in /co/ for 6 months and in those we havent broken any rule
>>
>>377533
Their titles have been "/co/'s Weekend Hunger Games" recently. The latest thread left out /co/ and then things went downhill somehow.
>>
Some elaboration:
We've been doing these games for roughly 3/4 of the past year on /co/. During those times, they have remained on-topic, only focusing on /co/ characters. After the creation of /trash/, there have regularly been anons shitposting to go there. The last thread was moved because:
1. The anon who made the new thread forgot to put /co/ in the subject
2. A mod thought it was genuinely a /trash/ thread
We hope that you understand this misunderstanding.
>>
Don't know if this will help at all, but

we're not the same people as the /trash/ guys. We limit ourselves to board-appropriate /co/ nominations, don't roleplay, have an actual framework of rules and organization and are generally well behaved.

What happened today was something that happened a month ago where one guy kept making threads that didn't denote the games as /co/ only and posted /trash/ pics and whatever in a deliberate attempt to get us in trouble.

It worked. It shouldn't have, but we just want to return to our natural habitat.

We've been having regular weekend threads for a long time now with no or minor issues with the moderation stuff. Let us do our thing, please.
>>
>>377529
Something else for the consideration of the mods, if I may add.

While we may have some issues with shitposters, and sometimes getting off topic, the games in /co/ actually have made plenty of /co/ related content, not only due to winners, and the else, but also, with plenty of hilarious, sad, interesting, and crazy moments.

And yes, this may be a RNG based game, but atl east plenty of guys there acknowledge that, and try to have a little bit of fun.

Hell, it might work out that we post the content that we've made, just to show mods that things aren't quite as off-topic as they think they are.

[spoiler]too bad I don't have the carpet of all the content we've made, damn.[/spoiler]
>>
If i may add onto this discussion, "/co/'s Weekend Hunger Games" not only remain confined to the weekends, but also is a great way to introduce anons to new and obscure /co/ related media. We also produce Original content like art based on events that happen in the games. Moving a current thread to /trash/ without a legitimate reason seems a bit rash don't you think?
>>
>>377544
Most of the HG games on /trash/ are guys that were from /b/. Then they moved over to /hga/ on cripplechan, but hated the moderation there, and then once /trash/ allowed avatarfagging, they came back.

The HG threads kind of stabilize /trash/ honestly.
>>
>>377556
This incident has made me realize how slow /trash/ really can be.
>>
I blame /co/ vs games
>>
>>377529
dumb /q/poster
>>
>>377529
All hunger games belong in the /trash/ and are good there.
Now why the fuck the steven universe general is in /trash/ instead of /co/ makes 0 sense to a not regular /co/ user.
>>
File: 1394071780881.jpg (132 KB, 687x687) Image search: [Google]
1394071780881.jpg
132 KB, 687x687
Wow, moved again?

>>377708

Because it is so cancerous even for general standards. Not even /co/ regulars likes /sug/.
>>
Once again, moved for no reason whatsoever.

Can /co/ please get a mod check sometime soon? This literally makes no sense
>>
This is becoming a problem.
>>
>>377708
There's a pretty damn big difference between /trash/'s HG community and /co/'s. After all, the former got kicked out of /b/ of all boards.
>>
So /co/ mods let /tv/ threads stay up yet hunger games that are restricted purely to /co/ nominees get moved?

What is the logic there?
>>
>>377535
The threads were never on-topic, Hunger Games have been banished from every normal board for a reason, the /co/ one has simply been the nicest so it was allowed to hang around. You guys show no signs of stopping, but it's time this ride came to an end. This stuff is no more on-topic than the 4chan cup, which also isn't allowed on any normal board, so there is precedent.
>>
>>378407

We were planning to take a 4 month break after this season was over.

What rules are we breaking that are getting us move to /trash/? We restrict all noms to /co/ only except in almost every game.
>>
>>378407
>Hunger Games have been banished from every normal board for a reason.
> the /co/ one has simply been the nicest so it was allowed to hang around.
and the reason for our removal being?
>>
>>378407
It's no more on topic than half the shit on /co/. Go to a waifu thread or a ">it's an X episode" thread and tell me they're contributing any more conversation than hunger games.
>>
>>378406
Hell, how are the waifu chart threads still allowed but we aren't?
>>
>>378407
>restricting all matches to involving the board topic is somehow off-topic
That's some fucked logic right there.
>>
>>378414
it works for the waifu chart threads, and those have been around for a long time with no signs of stopping
>>
>If I use the names of video game characters then it's video game related
I guess my vegetable garden is on-topic then, seeing as how I have a cardboard cutout of Mario in it. Let's talk about how my completely on-topic beets then.
>>
>>378408
>>378409

They're off-topic, they don't have anything to do with comics or cartoons, they're tertiary at best. It's just some "game" you input names and pictures into, then random stuff happens, that's not a comic or a cartoon, nor does it have anything to do with them.
>>
>>378416
We only use the comic interpretation of any video game characters, which still technically counts as /co/.
>>
>>378418
the waifu charts have just as little to do with /co/ as hunger games. If hunger games go so do waifu threads.
and good luck getting rid of those
>>
>>378416
Boy I sure do love the use of hyperbole, we even require the pictures of nominations to be from the show or comic they're from.

>>378418
>They're off-topic
Just like the /tv/ and waifu threads.
>>
>>378416
I don't know if you even bother with them but man, we can get into some nerd arguments over shit. The threads are probably the few definite ones not "tainted" by /pol/mblr complaining which people love to complain about and complain about complainers.
>>
>>378416
>>378416
okay, i get where you're coming from. But why single us out? I would oblige to leaving /co/ if the same thing happened to other common threads that run on a similar base.
>>
>>378418
But the pictures and names are those of characters that are comic or cartoon related by source.
>>
Considering how very few of the nominations are from lice action movies and show, the HGS is probably one of the most /co/-related threads on /co/.
>>
>>378432
Too bad there's been more vidya and anime characters recently, but rosters are still as diverse as ever.
>>
>>378435
I honestly still think its been a healthy mix, especially when compared to Season before the /co/ only rule was really enforced.
>>
>>378437
I think it's ironic that even though seasons 4 and beyond were more strict on what's /co/, there have been more characters originating from /co/ than the first three seasons.
>>
There's other boards that use images from source not related them. Finding /co/ image on an /a/ thread or a /v/ in a /mlp/ thread is always there but never lose focus of the topics.
>>
>>378439
The rule enforcement's is something I enjoy from these threads. I can't handle the absolute chaos of other Games threads.
>>
>>378445
Sometimes just having an off-topic image for an OP image can end up becoming the subject of the thread rather than what the OP intended, though. A true American tragedy.
>>
>>378448
But all boards have threads that have them, but still have a topic relating to the board. This thread still relates to the board.
>>
The hunger game threads are part of board culture. They're also non-invasive, given that they're contained to the weekends and their content does not leak to other threads. They also create some original content, bring board users together for fun times and lead them to discover new works they didn't known about before.

There's also the case of precedent - despite getting deleted or moved at times, they've been explicitly allowed before and certainly tolerated far longer than they haven't. Given all that, with no change to the status of the threads themselves, it makes no sense to change how the moderation staff approaches them either.
>>
>>378463
>muh original content

Always amazes me how shit merchants refer to their reams of shit as "original content".
PROTIP: "OC" is a preoccupation of furfags.
>>
>>378512
By that logic, drawthreads should also be banned since those fall under the realm of OC.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.