[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did a lot of the people on 4chan become so religious? Sometimes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1418510625478.jpg (252 KB, 603x1029) Image search: [Google]
1418510625478.jpg
252 KB, 603x1029
When did a lot of the people on 4chan become so religious? Sometimes it feels like I'm browsing an unironic version of the Landover Baptist Church forum.
>>
Because the new atheism movement is a joke and it makes christfags less shy about their beliefs.
>>
>>373556
When the Internet became cheap enough that even the lower classes could get it
>>
>>373556
Ultra-giga-kike-othodox Jew here, ask me anything
>>
>>373563
What color is your underwear?
>>
File: 1367917667722.jpg (32 KB, 577x435) Image search: [Google]
1367917667722.jpg
32 KB, 577x435
>>373556
/r/atheists have grown up.
>>
>>373561
yeah I think there might be something to this. It's like a kneejerk backlash to the euphoric atheist being an internet trope in general.
>>
My profanity has only gotten more and more Christian since I started using 4chan years ago.
>>
this certainly isn't the case on /int/. make a thread about religion there, you'll find most people are atheist/agnostic, every time. the same is probably true for any other board that doesn't have an overwhelming american majority.
>>
>Man cannot live without joy; therefore when he is deprived of true spiritual joys it is necessary that he become addicted to carnal pleasures. - Thomas Aquinas
I think that after seeing how fallen their irl or web friends have fallen, many people have decided to pick up faith. We're still on a website with animu dickgirls and weeaboo Nazis, but it's all relative
>>
It really did come with the lowering cost of internet access in the last 6-7 years.

Places like the bible belt finally got their internet.
>>
>>373561
>>373791
As a Christian I can confirm this is indeed what it is. Atheists were a lot more careful in the past, but now they've revealed themselves as the laughingstocks they always were.
>>
bill maher
>>
>>373556
I always was, but I've been here only for 4 years
>>
4chan makes a point of being contrarian to mainstream internet culture
>>
>>373989
I hope it becomes mainstream to be a dick. Hell, we're already heading that way.
>>
Even in politics and religion, modern 4chan is contrarian to the rest of the internet.

Well, I can say I'm still an atheist, anyways.
>>
>>373556
When fedoras became a meme, and moot revived then keked /pol/. Suddenly being atheist stopped being edgy and contrarian enough.
>>
File: 1435193382154.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435193382154.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>373953
>revealed themselves as the laughingstocks they always were.
kek whatever you say christkek
>>
>>373556
Not really

Atheists think that the people behind fedora posts are Christians attacking their precious religion. 90% of the time it's another non-religious person making fun of them for being autistic.

/pol/ is the most religious board and it is still dominated by fedoras.
>>
>>373556
Most religious sentiment here is Catholic or Eastern Orthodox. American Protestantism is too mainstream.
>>
>>374018
Using Index for your reaction image is highly ironic considering she is a Christian.
>>
>>373556
I will tell you the exact reason, but you need to give sauce first.
>>
>>375211
Aishiteruze Baby
>>
I generally hate this notion of everyone who isn't religious/doesn't believe in god is an euphoric fedora tipper who goes to sunday morning mass in order to shove the pastor down the stairs or something.

Religion is truly one of the most awful topics to discuss on 4chan and the internet in general. There is no middle ground, either you're a fedora neckbeard or a sheep-like fundamentalist.

Fuck the fedora meme in general, it ruins a lot of discussions. Anything is the sign of a "fedora" nowadays. I'm waiting for people who regularly breathe to be called fedora.
>>
>>373556
Because a strange shift happened, conservatives and religious were seen as dumb and emotional andatheists and liberals as smart and rational but now it's the other way around
>>
>>373556
Religion came back into style after a single euphoric Redditor managed to single-handedly destroy the reputation of atheism across the entirety of the internet.
>>
>>375239
This is really what happened. Euphoric spam combined with militant atheism and edgy 12 year old who get butthurt at the drop of a hat ruined it for the rest of us. Now any time you post anything that even slightly implies that you don't like a particular aspect of christianity, you're automatically met with spam replies calling you a fedora tipping, euphoric, MRA. So to answer your question OP, the large amout of christfags that you see arises from two factors:
1. People baiting so that they can spam the fedora meme
2. People who see all the bait posts and think that this means that their religion is somehow relevant to the board
>>
It's because the site has become more popular among americans. Most americans are highly religious, so it's not surprising.

4chan would be a lot better without americans.
>>
>>375242

Kind of this.

*tips fedora* is just too powerful a meme
>>
>>373562
True
>>
>>374041
She's also retarded.

>>375248
>militant atheism
People disagreeing with other people isn't "militant", you fucking moron. When was the last time an online debate ended up with people being gutted in the streets?

You people are retarded. Get our of your fucking basements for once.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.