[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ is a piece of shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1337208763466.png (227 KB, 587x571) Image search: [Google]
1337208763466.png
227 KB, 587x571
Do something to fix this piece of shit board already.

Or do the Japanese split people have been asking for.

Either way that board is awful an I can't ever make threads about actual video games because all the people browsing the board are posting in threads like >>>/v/319406249

FUCKING FIX /v/ ALREADY OR MAKE ANOTHER /v/ WHERE MODS ACTUALLY DELETE BULLSHIT THREADS
>>
And don't tell me the bullshit about "lol just report the threads xD"

No matter how many people report the thread, it still stays up. Meanwhile if I make a bullshit thread on /a/ or /jp/ it is deleted within 5 minutes. This is bullshit and you know it.
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/319348463

>this thread gets deleted for no reason and that shit stays up

The problem are the mods, anon.
>>
>>372874
>pls protect my delicate sensibilities like Tumblr does!
>>
>>372882
As usual some idiot is complaining and I go to the link and it's a thread that deserved to be deleted. Really, you're surprised they got rid of a thread intended to stir shit up?
>>
File: 1443801802433.jpg (555 KB, 800x797) Image search: [Google]
1443801802433.jpg
555 KB, 800x797
>>372874
/v/ is steeped deep into bait-culture where the reward of posting isn't a well thought-out reply, but as many (You)s as possible, and all the shitty one-liners and reaction image spam that comes with them. Because of this, genuinely interesting threads are few and far between.
I personally don't think an East/West split (or any kind of split) will help at all, just heavy and consistent moderation for a few days/weeks until the users know what is acceptable and what isn't.
But considering how fucking fast /v/ is, and how "acceptable" will differ from one janitor's opinion to another, it's seems like an impossible task.
Maybe a /cel/ thread for e-celebs and twitter/youtube shit would help, but probably not much.
>>
The thread on the OP if now at 560 posts and still not deleted.

And it was the most active thread on all of /v/ for the past 4 hours.

Good fucking job mods.
>>
Why does /v/ deserve help in the first place? Their own core userbase is why the board is shit.
>>
Split or delete
>>
The dev should disable reply backlinks, (You), auto update, and the reply icon that shows up in the tab from the default extension settings.
Also delete anything that has to do with women.
>>
Would Weeb /v/ be moderated by /a/ mods or /v/ mods? Because the mods who frequent /v/ are some of the worst mods on the internet. It's not NeoGAF bad, but /v/ moderation makes reddit look hospitable.
>>
>>372874
What times do you browse the board? The timeslot can make a huge difference on your perception of the board.
Yesterday deep night I could have a good discussion about a very console war topic with barely anyone replying to the few obvious baiting kids. That is just not possible at times when american and european kids are awake.
And reporting does help a lot, it just needs enough people.
And splitting is a horrible idea, splitting by west-east is the worst fucking idea.
>>
>>373032
Because I like video games and I want a place to talk about them that is not ruined by the current /v/ userbase.
>>
>>373313
Make your own chan
>>
>>372874
We've been asking Hiro this for a while now, no responses yet. Dude has been really quiet as of late, only appearing to talk about the malware adds on the front page.
>>
>>372874
Stop taking the bait. Hide threads if they trigger you that much.

Fuck you faggot. /v/ is fine.
>>
Taro, the guy who made Nier went to that other /v/ and thanked them for supporting him. Meanwhile our /v/ is in such disarray no one wants to even touch it

Fuck we need that split and we need it now
>>
>>373732
>other /v/
8ch?
>>
>>373739
Yes.

All we want here is just a split. A /v/ for western games and a /v/ for eastern games. That's it
>>
>>373741
That's the stupidest idea imaginable, and is just going to result in shitposting from both sides. I want you to imagine for a second the amount of chaos there would be over Metal Gear, for instance. It would either be on both boards, or it'd take over weeb /v/ entirely with its overwhelming popularity.

And I know what you'll say:
>Well Metal Gear and other Japanese games that appeal to the West can go on regular /v/

That's because entire proposal for a weeb /v/ is just another expression of /a/'s special snowflake syndrome. The only people looking for it are people who want an anime hugbox for Neptunia threads and shit. There is no universal shitposting that Japanese games get. The only games that get that are the incredibly niche waifu type games. And the fact that those get shitposted on /v/ is no different from /a/ "self moderating" by shitposting Naruto or Cowboy Bebop threads.

The only change that should happen is that there needs to be an industry board that deals with sales figures and dev chatter. That will take a lot of the pressure off /v/ and keep the people who want to discuss the industry separate from the people who don't.
>>
>>373090
Filtered
>>
Why do retards take the b8 every time?

>>>/v/319510543
>>
>>373759
>That's because entire proposal for a weeb /v/ is just another expression of /a/'s special snowflake syndrome.
Kind of reminds me about how posters occasionally suggest the splitting of /a/ for some reason or another, and instantly you have all the patriotic /a/nons manning the barricades accusing them of everything under the sun.
>>
>>373826
Because
>/a/ is special!
>we don't shitpost! We "police our board"

I mean there is some real garbage in /v/ but people tend to focus on minor gripes that affect only them, without actually addressing the root of the problems.

Creating an Industry board (vi? Possibly adding hardware specs discussion as well) and a 'culture' board for the 'fun' but tangentially related threads like filename threads, deep sea threads, steam ID, "check out this other country's video game forums,' and things like that as the /jp/ to /v/'s /willould make everyone a lot happier.

Most of /v/'s dissent comes from the board's tremendous speed and lack of focus; threads that one group likes gets shit on or deleted in favor of another group's, which causes the whole board to be an endless fight with everybody hating and baiting everyone else, and standoffish mods constantly looking for someone to ban.

You are never going to get away from Console Wars, though. Ever. The people who think they can be banned have no idea how the video game community has ever worked. You might as well ban people from comparing manga vs anime.

The mods have the ability to move threads now. A topical split for /v/ (rather than an absolutely retarded regional split) that is enforced by moving threads rather than outright deletion is the best thing for the board. Otherwise you're just being unnecessarily antagonistic, which is going to feed right back into making /v/ an angry hateful board.

/v/ needs to be chilled and soften. Not punished.
>>
>>373816
Because /v/ is mostly underage memespouters

>>373826
Anyone who suggest splitting /a/ doesn't even browse the fucking thing. It doesn't need one, the only problem it actually has is it needs generals banned again
>>
>>>/v/319645413

Fucking bump limit reached in TWO HOURS. This is the kind of thread that the people reply to in /v/

FIX THIS PIECE OF SHIT BOARD ALREADY.
>>
>>375098
This is fucking sad
>>
>>373848
An industry and culture board might actually be good.
>>
>>373852
Pot calling the kettle black.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.