[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E-mail Field
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1411476778755.jpg (106 KB, 561x450) Image search: [Google]
1411476778755.jpg
106 KB, 561x450
The email field should be returned. There are legitimate uses for it without being a constant emailfag. It makes it easier for anons to contact you without posting your email right into your comment (which just invites more problems), should that be needed for whatever reason. It would also give us visible sage once again. which most anons are in favor of. The email field is a basic part of most imageboards, and it should be here, like it used to be.
>>
>>369208
I'm confused. How exactly does it make it easier for folks to contact you without posting your email in the comment field? Isn't the email field no more or less visible than just posting your email like you do now?
>>
>>369212
Most anons overlook it because it looks like a standard sage. When you post it in the comment field, it invites unwanted attention.
>>
>>369214
Oh, that makes sense.
>>
I'd like the subject-in-reply field back. It helped to signify a switch in topics easily.
>>
>>369208
Why not just have Hiro introduce a downvote feature?
>>
I agree simply because "options" doesn't do anything. Unless the devs plan on actually adding more options to the options field, then it's really just a sage box and used for rolls on /tg/, and fortune on places like /s4s/. And that's not much, so why call it "options" at all?

It should just go back to being the email field. Or at least allow people to post an email in there as well for people to use rather than having us put it right in the comments. I'd like to think an options field would allow MORE options rather than only serving the function of removing emails and renaming the field. Because, honestly, nobody gives a rat's ass if people go SAGE! and see the email field a different color. They loudly proclaim their sage either way. So at least give us the option to post an email there and actually use the options field. That, or just fucking remove the field because it serves almost no use.
>>
File: postform.png (3 KB, 556x188) Image search: [Google]
postform.png
3 KB, 556x188
Only oldfigs will remember.
>>
I miss posting shit on the e-mail field
>>
>>369208
>not using the option in 4chanX that adds the email and subject fields back
>>
>>369227
>Submit
>Posting mode: Reply
>Password
I want the old submission box to return.
>>
>>369503
Why? I see no benefits over the current system (except for the email and subject fields)
>>
>>369510
"Post" instead of "Submit" is a simplification for normies.
"Posting mode: Reply" indicates that you're in a thread and not in the index; you know faster where you're posting.
The password field allowed you to type in a custom password.
>>
>>369513
because you're a beta with a submission fetish?
>>
>>369218
This. We need this and the email field back, mods.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.