[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
#hashtags on 4chan'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: hashish.jpg (70 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
hashish.jpg
70 KB, 736x552
#hashtags on 4chan is something that should be implemented.
Why?
To make it easier for users to find messages with specific themes or content that go across boards.

For instance, superhero movies are both /co/ and /tv/ and with hashtags we'd be able to have expanded discussions.
>>
Pointless and retarded
>>
>>369173
I'm okay with this, I always liked the idea of hashtags, but hated how they are abused by normalfags
>>
>>369173
We don't need to bring more twitter shit here. It will also be abused to all hell. Was bad enough with all the nigger speak shit before the filters (and even after to an extent).
If you want to find something use the catalog's search bar.
If you want even more flexibility then use the neet catalog and use the digest feature with the search bar with multiple boards added to it.
>>
>>369499
They are okay as long you don't abuse them, so make a new global rule, so users will report whoever misuse hashtags
>>
>>369501
>so make a new global rule, so users will report whoever misuse hashtags
Sure stops people announcing reports, shitposting, starting console wars, complaining about mods/bans, requesting outside of /r/ etc.
>>
>>369173
>lets add a completely useless feature that will only be used to fuel peoples shitposting
No
>>
File: giphy.gif (34 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
34 KB, 330x330
>>369173
Hello there user!

I see you have made a site recommendation for 4chan!

If you feel that you have enough userbase to support you in this, then please use the feedback tool located at www.4chan.org/feedback

Thank you and have an excellent day!

User Answer: I don't nescessarily see a problem with this, however it'll get abused relatively quickly, so I would limit it to /s4s/.
>>
File: smug zone.png (14 KB, 126x80) Image search: [Google]
smug zone.png
14 KB, 126x80
Using #hashtags.

#justwojakthings
>>
>>369173
>Go to catalog
>ctrl+f
>>
>>369541
The catalog doesn't allow you to search all posts.
>>
>>369173
I agree. I also think we should be able to have profiles and profile pictures and a way to vote up good posts and downvote triggering material and racist stuff.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.