[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I went to the homepage and clicked on a link but the security
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: lol2.png (106 KB, 1182x562) Image search: [Google]
lol2.png
106 KB, 1182x562
So I went to the homepage and clicked on a link but the security flaw in the java script caused the site to easily be redirected. Hiro even acknowledged this. Here is one of the virus-sties.

I'm just wondering if anyone is working to fix it, or how long it will take until you patch this.
>>
>>367638
lol i noticed too
>>
>>367638
I honestly hope Hiro doesn't fix it. I like that it stymies people who go to the front page for whatever reason (why would you?), like errant redditors or inquiring journalists. Having a high barrier of entry can be a good thing.
>>
>>367657
lol they should make it autoredirect to some virus website unless you type in the specific url for the board you're going to,
>>
Infecting idiots with malware doesn't just affect the idiots. It results in their computers being hijacked to send more spam to everyone.
>>
should've used Adblock Plus moron.
>>
File: vimage.png (289 KB, 1898x993) Image search: [Google]
vimage.png
289 KB, 1898x993
>>367638
No issues for me.
Maybe it's because I use https://
Pic related.
>>
>>367663
I don't see any ads on the frontpage even with disabled adblock.
>>
>>367677
I see the same "please log in or create an account" banners you find on streaming sites. Pretty gay if you ask me.
>>
Redirecting me to either a "PCKeeper" or an "Update your Flash" thing.
>>
>>368187
EDIT:

Seems randomized. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. Linked to the ad service no doubt.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.