[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/news/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7
G-guys...
boards.4chan.org/news/

It's empty.
>>
>>361616
Just like my soul
>>
teste
>>
Don't worry, anon.

My dad works at 4chan and he tells me they're just working on the back-end to make it so the OP can only post links.

It's going to be a link-only board.
>>
>>361616
off yourself weeb
>>
File: Tip.jpg (150 KB, 751x901) Image search: [Google]
Tip.jpg
150 KB, 751x901
>>361651
>>361651
Care to run that by me again?
>>
HAPPENING SOON?
>>
>Blatant trolling and racism is not permitted.
Thank you, mods for not using /pol/ as a bogeyman like you did on /his/.
>>
>>361649
>My dad works at 4chan and he tells me they're just working on the back-end to make it so the OP can only post links.
>It's going to be a link-only board.
What about images?
>>
>>361754
My dad said that images are disabled because there isn't going to be a bump limit.
>>
File: 1447186946131.gif (259 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447186946131.gif
259 KB, 250x250
>text-only
Why though? This is a fucking imageboard.
>>
BANE??????
>>
>>361801
>This is a fucking imageboard.
We use to have textboards as well you know?
>>
>>361808
Yeah but they were completely seperate from the imageboards and most of them had an imageboard counterpart.
>>
>>361810
Is probably to make use of the extra inline features. The old text boards were so bare bones after all.
>>
Only good thing is this

>Please note that news, news articles, and current events can also be discussed on /pol/; however /news/ is exclusively for recent news articles, and not general discussions of politics, social phenomenon, or world events.

Meaning that /pol/ will still be safe. However that means no Salon, Breitbart, Daily Beast, Daily Kos, or Rolling Stone.

However I assume AP, Reuters, CNN, ABC, NBC, FOX, and BBC are all allowed
>>
>>361813
Vox and Huffington Post should also be banned as well.
>>
>>361813
Well it just says no blogs or editorials. So as long as it is a legit news article, even if terrible, it will probably be allowed no matter the site.
>>
>>361814
>Vice
>>
>>361815
Vox, Gawker, HF are all blogs.
They've admitted it various times whenever people criticize them for being a shitty news source.
>>
>>361825
Well there is your answer then. If they say they are blogs then they aren't allowed if you go by what the sticky says.
>>
>>361814
Only "opinion pieces" and blogs should be banned, everything else should be fine.
>>
>>361816
Yeah them for sure. MSNBC should not be included either as they are more opinion oriented, although they are moving away from what. Fox I can think can stay, so as you don't bring up opinion blogs
>>
What was /news/ like before moot deleted it?
>>
>>361844
/pol/ with slightly more news.
>>
>>361844
>What was /news/ like before moot deleted it?
>/news/
>moot
>>
>>361848
He probably meant /new/.
>>
>>361844
It was NSFW imageboard called /new/ and very right-orientated.
>>
>>361850
To the point where moot got rid of it because he said it was basically stormfront.
>>
>>361854
Why didn't moot ever get rid of /pol/ then? Was /new/ worse than /pol/?

How was /n/ when it was the news board?
>>
>>361856
/pol/ wasn't nearly as racist, and it was already a containment board.
>>
>>361856
>Why didn't moot ever get rid of /pol/ then?
Because he admitted he made a mistake in removing /new/ and didn't want to make the same mistake again.
http://www.4chan.org/4channews.php?all#106
>In January 2011, I fucked up. Frustrated with /r9k/ and /new/, I removed them from the site. It took this exchange (continued here) months later with the founder of Encyclopedia Dramatica for me to realize how wrong I was. Shortly after, I re-added them and apologized to the community.
I think it was about censorship and having the right to actually have a place to talk or something like that. Videos are gone and I have forgotten the full contents of them.
>>
>>361856
>Why didn't moot ever get rid of /pol/ then?
/pol/ is based on the principle of free-speech (!= shitposting) and mootles probably felt sorry.

No idea how the original /n/ was.
>>
>>361859
>/pol/ is a containment board
Nice meme. /pol/ is just a place to discuss politics and current events, many of us are crossboarders.
>>
>>361866
>crossboarders
Reeeeee.
>>
> Blatant trolling and racism is not permitted
Is /his/ even working well under this?
>>
>>361876
No.
>>
>>361876
Well quick glance at the catalog for it and it isn't on fire. So I guess that is a good start.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>361616
Who cares? It's an unnecessary board - no one will use it.
>>
the catalog looks different
>>>/news/catalog
>>
>>361998
boards.4chan.org/news/catalog
>>
>>361998
Thats cause its a text board..
>>
/news/ just got updated
>>
>>363089
>>>/news/8
>>
Let the shitposting begin
>>
File: 1406302047399.jpg (49 KB, 231x360) Image search: [Google]
1406302047399.jpg
49 KB, 231x360
>no quick reply
>replies don't have a box around them so they're difficult to read
>>
>>361616

you asked for this
>>
>>363120
>>no quick reply
Use 4chanx.
>>
no news is good news
>>
>that CSS
In my opinion, subjects should be highlighted more, maybe make them bigger?
>>
Thank you mods and hiro this is great.
>>
>>361863
moot then said readding /pol/ was a mistake lmao
>>
>>361801
>imageboard means I have to use images for everything like a fucking retard
It's a discussion board you ADHD-ridden pansy.
>>
>>361616
This is the level of /pol/'s discourse. All of you who say /pol/ isn't filled with retards should be ashamed:
>>>/news/202
>>
>>363221
What's wrong with that post?

The character limit is too low to have in depth OP posts anyway.
>>
>>363236
The thread is horrible because of /pol/. This is what those people are like
>>
>>363221
>upvoted xD
>das raycis
Holy fuck, is that a shill?
>>
>>363244
/pol/ is shitting up the board out of spite because mods said "no racism allowed".

And people say that board isn't literal cancer.
>>
>>361844
Was shit. But it was my shit.

Also trolls trolling trolls. The left and right were pretty retarded and people rarely read OP's article. When you scroll through the thread everyone is arguing with each other. Nothing ever gets done.

>>361856
>Why didn't moot get rid of /pol/

/new/ and /n/ were small boards that no one would miss. In fact I don't remember previous deleted boards being as much as a problem as the deletion of /r9k/ and /new/.

Both /n/ and /new/ were their own brand of special. Contrary to popular belief, /new/ didn't really lean either left or right since anons usually posted shitty news articles about race and celebrities. It was funny making fun of liberals though. I guess because of moot's age he got upset with the news boards deprecating sense of humor.

A shame that 4chan has a bad history with the news boards, but to be honest 4chan functioned more as an entertainment site in the past than catering to a bunch of bitter baby boomers.
>>
TEXT
BOARDS ARE
A
C
K
!
>>
>>361998
This should be the default setup on text boards.
>>
>>363304
I agree with this. It reminds me of old BBS message boards.
>>
File: niggy.png (176 KB, 290x366) Image search: [Google]
niggy.png
176 KB, 290x366
catalog CSS is still utter shite, use this as your custom CSS to fix it:

.board_news td.txt-sub{
background-color: #D6DAF0;
}
.board_news td.txt-sub a{
margin-left: 6px;
}
.board_news td.txt-rep{
}
.board_news td.txt-date{
}
.board_news th.txt-sub{
background-color: #c0c4d8;
}
.board_news th.txt-rep{
}
.board_news th.txt-date{
}
.board_news td.txt-ctrl{
transform: translate(-30px);
}
.board_news .txt-no{
display: none;
}
>>
>>363310
nice color choices.
>>
>>363298
They really aren't. It's just a regular imageboard without images.
>>
>>363320
>imageboard without images
Sounds like a text board to me. Also with improved features over the bare bones text boards of the past.
>>
>>363332
>with improved features over the bare bones text boards of the past
...like what?
>>
>>363334
Reply hover, reply embedding, improved quote links etc.
>>
>>363336
Well fine, I see what you're getting at, but all these features only make the statement "textboards are back" even more false. This simply isn't a textboard, at least not by the old standard definition.
>>
>>363339
>old standard definition
Well if you are comparing them to the old dis.4chan (or even world4ch) then you could say they are slightly different because it now has features and doesn't have the old background, but to say a board that only allows text to not be a text board is a bit silly.
>>
>>363343
It's a text board, but it isn't a textboard, if that makes sense.
It probably doesn't.
>>
>not allowing images
for what purpose?
>>
nice dead board
>>
It's pretty fun posting boring stories on that board.

I think 48 hours is a bit strict in regards to news, maybe 96 hours, so 4 days would be better?
>>
>Kim kardashition Xdddd
>Obama isn't black!
>tabloid shit
Great board chink
>>
Good lord, /news/ is a disaster.
>>
File: ;news;.png (333 KB, 1891x885) Image search: [Google]
;news;.png
333 KB, 1891x885
Ayyy loving the new board.
>>
>>364309
Those are all legitimate news sources faggot. Go read a good news sight like The Onion
>>
>>364259
Even 5 days would be okay, imo.
>>
I'll tell you what the problem with news is

They don't require an image OP. That makes the place look fucking broken

This is an imageboard.
>>
>>361616
/pol/ was always more fun
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.