[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiro has been very silent for a while. What do you think he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: yap.png (13 KB, 497x470) Image search: [Google]
yap.png
13 KB, 497x470
Hiro has been very silent for a while. What do you think he's doing? He was really active for a long while, some weeks ago.
>>
He's probably entertaining cute anime girls trying to get them to post more :3
>>
I think he may be yap
>>
just hope he knew about Jesus
>>
>he doesn't know how to search admin posts in the archive
>>
>>361135
/same. He's been quiet since the Paris attacks. He claims his internet has been pretty bad though
>>
>>361244
I guess that explains why he hasn't removed flags and IDs from /pol/ yet.
>>
>>361245
His last post was I think a week ago and it was about his internet. Not sure if any anons right now in Paris can claim their internet has been bad. He legit said he lived near right where the shooting happened
>>
He was on his twitter a few days ago, mostly talking about the Russian fighter jet shotdown in Turkey. Send him some tweets to let him know we need him on here. I did
>>
>>361149
Yap
>>
https://twitter.com/hiroyuki_ni

His Twitter
>>
>Hiro has been very silent for a while. What do you think he's doing?
Conserving sanity.
>>
>>361251
>He legit said he lived near right where the shooting happened
Not exactly.
https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/335967/#342422
>I'm at Paris, now. but it's far from the site.
Thank god though.
>>
>>361257
I haven't used my twitter in like 4 years though.
I love that he's using the hiro-tan design. Who honestly knows, but on the surface it legitemately seems like he cares a lot about us and our culture.
>>
>>361244
My internet connection still has a problem.
>>
>>361823
Spotted the rabbit!
>>
>>361823
hi hiro :)
>>
File: 1435982608974.jpg (87 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1435982608974.jpg
87 KB, 592x592
>>361823
There you are!

Quick question: why is /news/ a text board?
>>
File: 1431850719529.png (199 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
1431850719529.png
199 KB, 500x800
>>361823
Hiroyuki, is [s4s]-tan
C U T E ?
U
T
E
?
>>
>>361823
Hiro please remove the filters. ;_;
>>
File: 1426893564821.png (60 KB, 361x682) Image search: [Google]
1426893564821.png
60 KB, 361x682
>>361840
By the way, the picture is [s4s]-tan if you are wondering
>>
>>361840
Not that guy but [s4s]-tan is the CUTEST!
>>
>>361841
don't be such a CANDY-ASS -_-
>>
>>361823
Please don't censor our memes, Hiro.

Remove the filters.
>>
>>361835
Because it's a good idea.
>>
>>361823
When is /news/ going to be up and running?

Also, a suggestion, change /news/ to /new/ so there isn't a conflict between 4chan.org/news/ and >>>/news/.
>>
>>361852
>>361835
Probably to get rid of all of /pol/'s reddit graphs and stats, all the le merchant memes, and ben garrison comics
>>
>>361845
Roody-poo, 2bh.
>>
>>361855
As much as you shills like to bash /pol/, the 4chan team do not hate /pol/, /pol/ is a respected member of the 4chan family.

The images being disabled has nothing to do with /pol/.
>>
File: 1447381286790.jpg (163 KB, 1356x1358) Image search: [Google]
1447381286790.jpg
163 KB, 1356x1358
>>361823
Get out of France right now. get rid of problematic internet connection.
>>
>>361855
this pretty much
>>
File: 1425726497379.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1425726497379.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
>>361823
hi
>>
>>361823
hey hiro~
>>
>>361823
Are you red-pilled yet? Stop turning this into tumblr 2 please.
>>
>>361823
I successfully summoned Hiro with my thread, all is good in the world.
I hope you get better internet soon.
>>
>>361823
When you get better internet, please visit >>>/s4s/ again. We need to fix some things.
>>
>>361823
Hello my good old friend.
>>
>>361823
Hello there. What are you planning to do with /news/? Is it being deleted or is it just a work in progress?
>>
>>361823
/film/ when?
>>
>>361823
/kino/ when?
>>
>>361823
How long do you think until you can fix it?
>>
>>361823
What are your next main priorities when you get back to 4chan development?
>>
>>361823
Hiro whenever you see this, could you consider allowing us to put a tiny snippet of text when we report someone? A little box for us to put a reason in, with a character limit of like 40 or something so janitors and mods can better mesh with board or thread happenings.

Like if a trip is avatarfagging constantly, or if someone is baiting/shitposting or for chronic retards.
>>
>>362529
This is honestly a decent idea but it'd be abused too much
>>
>>362529
I want this too. Mods spend all day on /a/, so they mostly don't catch on to chronic avatarfagging that occurs elsewhere.
>>
>>362529
It's a good idea, desu
>>
>>362538
>it'd be abused too much
I don't really see how. Just ban special characters and there isn't really much to abuse, as your just adding a note for the mods
>>
>>361823
Why are you in Paris anyway Hiro?
>>
>>362529
>>362540
>>362568
>Sudden influx of reports on literally any person using a tripcode, claiming avatarfagging or posting with a signature
>Feature will mostly be used to describe something the user reporting doesn't like, but is perfectly within the rules
Example for that last one: there is a very vocal part of the userbase on /mlp/ that is violently against EqG-related content who describe it as anthro. Give them a means to explain a report and suddenly the staff get a shit ton of reports for GR 3/Board Rule 5 violations on every single EqG post. Giving people a way to voice why they are reporting would enable abuse of the feature to get shit they don't like banned.
>>
>>362622
Most people who actually report things already do both of those, I'm proud to say I'm one of them. The little notes would make it easier then because the mods would then know why faggots are reporting instead of doing just plain guesswork and then handing out warnings for things like reporting eternal generals that contain nothing but pure cancer
>>
>>362529

Have an optional checklist with all the rules and the user can simply check whichever rule(s) they believe to be broken in the post. This would give insight on what's going on and it's pretty simple.
>>
>>362529
good idea
but doesnt help some of us out if the mods of a particular board allow some violations and turn their head away to my reports
>>
>>362645
This used to be the norm, but it got removed.
>>
>>362697
Oh, really?

I wonder why...
>>
>>362568
>New report filed
>Comment : YOU DO IT FOR FREE
>HOT POCKETS
>YOU'RE A SHIT JANITOR
>THIS DOESN'T BELONG ON THE BOARD
>Some guy sending an essay through multiple reports
>>
>>362838
People can already do that through the feedback page though.
>>
>>362840
Feedback doesn't go to the Janitors, and desu there's nothing to really indicate they bother reading it with how few responses there are so people wouldn't feel the same satisfaction

With a report a Janitor practically has to read it, it's their job
>>
>>361823
Can I have mod of /tv/ hiro senpai
>>
>>361861
lol
>>
>>361823
Do we need to buy you better internet you god damn gook? Jesus shit how little did moot hock us off for if you could afford the whole site but not a decent connection?
>>
>>361823
OOOOOOOOH MY GOD
>>
Hiro how are you doing?
>>
>>362382
fix things? like what?
>>
>>362857
He's currently in France, he's probably using cheap hotel connections
>>
>>362838
People already mass send in reports for opinions and things they don't like, this won't even increase report usage. It'd be nice if it did, since it seems a lot of people seem to not know how to report. The only thing it'll do is add a space to give a reason and people will add witty or insulting notes. Either-way, the chances of the mods/jannys reading them is low and when they do they won't give a fuck and will just scan them. Having it is still better than me getting banned for reporting rule breaking content because the mods haven't read the thread
>>
>>362912
I report a lot of things and aside from those posts occasionally not getting deleted, I have yet to even get warned for abusing the report function. Which leads me to believe the people who do get warned or banned are using it to report shit they don't like that is perfectly within the rules.
The real issue here isn't just users who break the rules, but also users who flood the report queue with unnecessary crap. Giving them a way to write out why would ultimately slow down moderation by causing them to have to read through snippets of complaining. In a perfect scenario the mods and janitors picked from their respective boards have enough understanding of the content of said board that they wouldn't need an explanation given to them to spot a post breaking a rule. I understand that this isn't quite the case, but slowing them down by forcing them to read is even less ideal when it's better they focus on deleting what's readily apparent as disrupting the board..
>>
>>361135
dudes like 60 irl hes probably at the nursing home and his mean nurse wont let him on the computer.
>>
>>361823
please lubricate my anus my rabbit overload. I lust for your sticky semen in my hikikomori mouth. I love you, never forget that.

Best regards,
xXxTRIPFAGxXx
>>
>>363432
>I report a lot of things and aside from those posts occasionally not getting deleted, I have yet to even get warned for abusing the report function. Which leads me to believe the people who do get warned or banned are using it to report shit they don't like that is perfectly within the rules.
Try reporting the eternal generals on /a/, or reporting Daiz when he's shilling out Fakku, they hand out a warning 1/3 of the time for the former and like 90% of the time for the latter

The thing is, we know the mods won't read the snippets most of the time anyway. So, when would they read it? When they aren't sure why is was reported. Unless Hiro adds a stupid rule were they HAVE to read them, they won't unless they aren't sure about the context of the post. We all know the mods can get pretty lazy and this wouldn't be a exception
>>
>>362529
I've always wanted this because sometimes I feel my reports are somewhat vague (eg. if I report someone for being underage because they were x age when they watched y movie, if the mod doesn't know when the movie was released then they wouldn't understand the report). It would definitely be heavily abused though but might at least be worth a trial period.
>>
File: 1399091140086.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1399091140086.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
Having a normalfag life and being the businessman that he is.
Jesus christ, stop being such cargo cultists. The guy is 40 years old and understand/cares little about this community. He's here to keep the lights on and be a service-provider, not to be your friend and post alongside you about otaku shit which he disdains.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.