[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 4chan pass worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_0162.gif (766 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0162.gif
766 KB, 320x240
Is 4chan pass worth it?
>>
File: 1447331166263.jpg (85 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447331166263.jpg
85 KB, 500x375
It depends. In your opinion, is posting without CAPTCHA worth $20? If so, buy one. If not, don't buy one. It's really that simple.

For what it's worth, $20 for a year without CAPTCHA is very useful. Sometimes when I'm posting, I just don't feel like filling out a CAPTCHA, especially with all the recent 'select all images' bullshit. You'd also be supporting the site you browse, so there's also that.
>>
moot never liked the idea of taking money from his users, I agree with him on that much
>>
I use this site almost 16 hours a day, unless you're regularly doing photo dumps of some kind don't bother
>>
>>346179
You must just be very patient. I think anyone who likes the site enough to use it for that long should have no problem tossing some money at it to support it and be allowed to post even faster.
>>
File: 1420220388544.gif (1 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1420220388544.gif
1 MB, 360x270
Captcha gives me that extra second to rethink about the dumb shit I'm about to post, so I like to keep it.
>>
>>346138
As long as we're on reCAPTCHA, I refuse to buy one on principle. Making the site randomly unusable without paying money isn't something I want to encourage.
>>
Yes. Besides, would you rather be an unpaid Google slave (you might have no idea how much it costs to get human-annotated datasets) or give $20 to a website you like to be free of bullshit for a year?

What else did you spend all of $20 on in the past year?
>>
>>346437
This exactly.

I'd be more likely to buy a pass if they implemented their own non broken captcha than I am to ever buy one right now.
>>
I somehow glitched the captcha the other day and my posts skipped like I had a pass for a few minutes. It was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>346545
that glitch means the feds have tapped your internets.
microwave your harddrive before it's too late.
>>
I've had one since they were implemented, it's a nice convenience and a way for me to support the site. If you want one then get one, if you don't then don't.
>>
>>346203

>and be allowed to post even faster.

4chan's not a chatroom. Posting fast means nothing and just leads to a rise in shitposting retardation.

I got a pass and hardly ever used it. Logged out all the time and just went vanilla without extensions. And when I get some more spare cash I'll probably do the same. I just use it like a donate button than anything.

But the reCaptcha shit gets on my nerves. Lots of other captcha systems exist that are effective at stopping spam and don't require Google to be up my ass. I think I heard something about them paying sites that used it, but come on. You can't be that much of a pennypinching faggot. Let's be real.
>>
>>346738
>Lots of other captcha systems exist
There are zero that are hosted on scalable architecture like jewgles is. Self-hosting the CAPTCHA would triple the server bills at minimum.
>>
>>346138
it certainly makes 4chan a little less rage inducing
if you don't post often, it's probably not worth it
if you'll get a warm feeling from giving a little money to 4chan to help keep it alive and smoothly functional, then it's worth it.
if you block ads and want to rationalize the extra cost you're putting on the servers, it's worth it.
if you don't really like 4chan and don't understand the practical side of running a website, it's not worth it
>>
>>346138
No, you can't evade bans with it
>>
>>346138
Depends how much you post and how annoying the captcha is to you. 20$ is not much anyway for a year so it does not matter much.
>>
>>346871
Oh yeah forgot to say it is a big hassle without static IP every day.
>>
>>346138
IMO it's worth it
with no newfriends the pass-only board are the best.
I think it will just show a 404 for you guys but the board name is /pass/, notice how it takes slightly longer to load than regular 404 pages.
>>
>>346138
Depends on how often you use 4chan. I am on 4chan for hours on days where I have a lot of free time so it really comes in use.
>>
>>346900
Holy shit!! I didn't know that board still exists. Thanks for reminding me Anon.
>>
>>346900
delete this
>>
I'd say yeah its annoying as fuck to use the CAPTCHA
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.