[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Auto-ban refers that come from https://www.reddit.com/r/4cha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15
File: 1446783690404s.png (25 KB, 250x212) Image search: [Google]
1446783690404s.png
25 KB, 250x212
Auto-ban refers that come from https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/
How fucking hard is it?
Ban them forever.
>>
yes, permaban them desu senpai
>>
Obviously this is the best solution to the cancer that is reddit.
It can also be used to kill off other websites but I don't think they link as much.
>>
>>328403
>solution to
>>
>>328399
>autoban referers from a site that doesn't link here
You sure are smart, aren't you?
>>
>>328399
Fucking this! Better yet just mark any link that comes from Reddit as spam>>328401
>>
>>328399
I don't think you know what referrals are or how they work on the internet

There aren't any direct links to 4chan.org on /r/4chan, or at least not very many. They host pics and screenshots on imgur. Even those don't link back to 4chan.
>>
>>328423
Doesn't matter. They are the ones invading 4chan. Literally start marking linked shit from Reddit as spam
>>
>>328403
Reddit is a superior website to 4chan right now. I mean seriously, in the past year and a half, we've had flocks of storefront, gamergaters and fappining kiddies flood the site just to meme as hard as they possibly can. I would be surprised if the beta uprising brought some people here too. This only way to fix the site is to kill the fun for the newfags, and I have no clue how to accomplish that.
>>
>>328448
>Reddit is a superior website to 4chan right now
In much the same way that 9001 is greater than 9000 "right now"
>>
File: Untitled.png (31 KB, 883x826) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31 KB, 883x826
Look at this gay shit, why does reddit do this all the fucking time, like 1 guy makes a stupid kinda funny post and then there are 10 brainless circlejerk retards that post the same thing with a little variation after
>>
>>328463
Also what's the point of hiding post scores. if a post is at the top you know it got a billion ebin upboats anyway so you know which posts are supported by the hivemind

fuck sake reddit is so shit
>>
File: 1426562433975.png (276 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1426562433975.png
276 KB, 1280x720
Why do people on 4chan blame reddit for posting stupid comments when posting stupid comments is something 4chan has always done?
>>
>>328463
>>328467
spot the assblasted niggers with -9001 karma
>>
>>328472
reddit's shitty upvote system means these stupid comments are not only encouraged, but always upvoted to the top because of karma circlejerking

4chan's system is oldest > newest no matter the content and is far better
>>
>>328452
Actually no, its vastly superior to 4chan right now. This place is a used meme garbage dump, Reddit actually has good discussion in some of the more niche boards. Mind you, I still think reddit is putrid shit but it's still better. The filters were a step in the right direction. Just look at how many newfags are still bitching and trying to circumvent them. Even complaining about weebs has gone up significantly, it's working, the more newfags start to hate this place, the sooner they'll leave it.
>>
>>328472
>Why do people on 4chan
>"""""""people""""""" on 4chan
channers live fractal lives; they're holed up online in this shithole while being holed up in their semen-stained bedrooms, which leads them to believe that they're misunderstood geniuses in both worlds.
>>
File: 1396080268992.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
1396080268992.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
>>328478
Yes, but why do people on 4chan complain and blame reddit for making these comments, when 4chan has always made these comments long before reddit even existed?
>>
>>328481
>This place is a used meme garbage dump, Reddit actually has good discussion in some of the more niche boards
So you don't browse /his/, /sci/, or /lit/? Or any of the other niche boards on 4chan?
>>
File: FhqEatb.jpg (51 KB, 521x521) Image search: [Google]
FhqEatb.jpg
51 KB, 521x521
>>328486
>/his/, /sci/, and /lit/
>good
>>
File: 4000upboats.png (43 KB, 1164x907) Image search: [Google]
4000upboats.png
43 KB, 1164x907
>>328484
Because reddit humor is dad humor. 4chan humor is vulgar humor. They attract two different types of people.
>>
File: sorted by.png (98 KB, 907x443) Image search: [Google]
sorted by.png
98 KB, 907x443
>>328478
how do you get through life being so retarded that you can't figure out how to click on a drop down list?
>>
File: le redditor has posted.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
le redditor has posted.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>328487
>>
>>328490
Most upvoted is the default thing everyone sees. Resulting in the same circlejerking regardless of how you sort posts.
>>
>>328481
/v/ is still horrible though despite all that. We need massive changes
>>
>>328481
Also how long will the filters last is the question? I mean if we can get a Reddit and Tumble filter that would go a long way
>>
>>328495
>damage control
Precisely why do you care about what "everyone sees" when you yourself claimed that they're contemptible fucks? Or do you actually lust for that sweet karma while pretending not to on this Kamchatkan kabuki board?
>>
>>328481
Also if we added a loli board in and unlisted /s4s/. That would really piss people off
>>
>>328501
Because the default formatting everyone sees encourages karma whoring.
>>
>>328505
Again, why do you care about others karma whoring? You can easily nullify the influence of karma by sorting the posts in chronological order.
>inb4 b-but the karma whoring shits up the whole thread!
Much like shitposters here, only reddit actually gives you the option to filter those fucktards.
>>
>>328492
that show is such dog shit
>lol hai guyz i am gurl how dos scnice
>lol autism
>BOJANGLES
>>
>>328481
Still got some things we have to do. For example:

>Add a loli board to piss them off even more. Sides its been requested for years now
>Filter the word Reddit to 4chan, SJW to whiner, JUST to stop, you know stuff like that
>Increase moderation. Start banning e-celeb threads on /v/ along with horrible console war threads and LOL threads.
>Any link to Reddit or Tumblr will be marked as spam
>>
>>328448
>Reddit is a superior website to 4chan right now.
>a website thats core design is something that supports circlejerking and echo chambers to the extreme
>being better
It's not, and it never will be regardless of how much 4chan falls
>>
>>328604
Also

>Ban Pepe posting outside of /r9k/. Or at least get a warning when you try and post one from a janitor or mod
>>
>>328627
I think it'd be pretty humorous if there were a pattern recognition script to replace every frogpost with a mlp image (even funnier if Rule 15 were to stay in effect)
>>
>>328463
wew lad
>>
>>328463
Honestly how pathetic is your life that you go on Reddit and roleplay as 4chan users? These people need to be euthanised.
>>
>>328481
>wahh, why does nobody want to read my gay erotic roleplaying with anime avatars?

Kill yourself.
>>
>>328788
>>>reddit.com/r/killthosewhodisagree
>>
>>328819
Found the retard that comes to 4chan to see "memes" that he can take to Reddit and spam for "le karma". Kill yourself redditor.
>>
>>328828
>>>reddit.com/r/cringepics
>>
>>328828
Go cry into your pillow, you useless NEET. We will post whatever we like and there is literally nothing you can do about it.

Stay mad :^)
>>
>>328836
Nice meme usage. Did you see it on /r/4chan? Epic!
>>
>>328838
Capping this post and putting it on /r/cringeanarchy right now. So cringy!
>>
>>328838
>he is crying right now because Redditors are actually beating him in the argument
>>
File: reddit frog.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
reddit frog.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>328839
Epic my man! Here's another post for you to cap and post for le karma! I believe he is called "le dank rare paypay"! Enjoy it
>>
>>328845
>behind this post is an angry manlet, breathing heavily, running out of possible ways to beat Reddit
>he will forever be a veteran of the 4chan/Reddit wars, which will be remembered for Reddit's outstanding triumph
>>
>>328848
Epic meme text my man! Le Reddit Army wins again!!! I'm capping this and putting it on /r/4chan!!
>>
File: 4.jpg (29 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
29 KB, 500x381
>>328853
>it's actually this easy to trigger a /qa/tard
>>
>>328853
Lads, I think we've broken him
>>
>>328853
This but unironically
>>
>>328467
It's for downvotes. If the hivemind sees someone at -2, they're much more likely to keep downvoting them to fit in. Hiding scores minimizes this effect.
>>
>>328794
Oh look, the homogay shitposter from the other thread. Shouldn't you be sucking dicks right now?
>>
>>328481
>>328481

this is an actual reddit opinion

autoban reddit now
>>
>>328481
It's fine dude, so can you just stay over there then and take all your friends with you?

How much of an asshole do you have to be to keep a presence on a site you think is inferior all while knowing the users of that site who call the place home think your presence is a problem?
What are you getting out of being here? and more puzzling to me is why you're even hanging out in meta threads on a site you don't consider your primary source of discussion in the first place?

Do 4chan users go over to readdit and post about how much better they think 4chan is in your meta threads? I honestly don't know, but I sure hope not.
If this site isn't as important to you as another one, then seriously why can't you just leave this place to the people who do consider it to be one of the most important sites they visit?
>>
>>330139
Is obtusesness one of the defining characteristics of "proud channers"? Why do every one of you underage cretins cling to this absurd notion that 4chan and Reddit are pitted against each other in a holy war, or that it's impossible for a person to be well-versed in the cultures of multiple online communities?
Seek psychiatric help lad. Being so devoid of a life that you define yourself with a Burmese bitch-breeding board is absolutely pitiable.
>>
Yes, because that wouldn't make us something awful
>>
>>330235
Because people who come from reddit bring their disgusting culture with them and then refuse to adapt to the culture already here and instead try to force their own. Redditors are the ultimate newfags, because reddit by design is a echo chamber
>>
>>330235
I asked a legitimate question and you didn't answer it.

_Why_ do you still like coming here if you think it's an inferior site? and _why_ the fuck would you waste your time in meta threads on a site you think is inferior?
Would you want people coming to your favorite sites participating in meta discussions about what the site is or should be arguing against you thinking they know better than you do, only then to realize they don't actually give 2 shits about the site anyway because they prefer another one?

At least have the decency to keep your nose out of meta threads
>>
>>328604
>LOL threads
nah, they are fine
>>
>>330330
>I asked a legitimate question and you didn't answer it.
Wrong. You asked a loaded question that was framed with a strawman then loaded once more with all the buckets of semen your mum gargled last night.

>_Why_ do you still like coming here if you think it's an inferior site?
This place has danker memes and much better banter than reddit. Those are literally the only reasons why I still come here.

>and _why_ the fuck would you waste your time in meta threads on a site you think is inferior?
To improve it. If you had a pair of functioning neurons you would have figured this out already.

>Would you want people coming to your favorite sites participating in meta discussions about what the site is or should be arguing against you thinking they know better than you do, only then to realize they don't actually give 2 shits about the site anyway because they prefer another one?
Of course, because I am of a sound enough mental state to understand that I'm not in a position to implement changes directly. The most I can do is advise. If the powers-that-be are too stupid to identify shortsighted proposals then there isn't much I can do to change that. I won't throw a tantrum like a buttblasted child and demand limits on free speech. Especially on an anonymous board where there is no way to verify the experience of self-proclaimed oldfags like you.

>At least have the decency to keep your nose out of meta threads
>I a-am the g-gatekeeper of muh precious club!
top kek
>>
I don't fully agree with this, only Lets Play e-celeb threads are shit. Ones from good channels like MatthewMatoisis or whoever can provide insight critcism and such can bring on good discussions. Also LOL threads are fine as long as they're kept to a few a day and don't hit filename thread level quantity.
>>
>>330339
What the fuck, why did over half my post get wiped.
4chanX has been shit for days now, it's almost impossible to post.
>>
>>330285
>what is selection bias
>>
>>330338
>This place has danker memes and much better banter than reddit
How about you fuck off instead. You're kind isn't welcome here and only decrease the posting quality
>>
>>330338
>I won't throw a tantrum like a buttblasted child and demand limits on free speech
I'm not the OP, I never asked to ban you faggots. I was simply wondering what kind of asshole needs to change a site to fit his needs when he already has another one he likes better, especially when the site he's trying to change is home to a lot of people who _don't_ have an alternative and don't want the site to be what you want it to.
>>
File: 1435901231946.jpg (27 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1435901231946.jpg
27 KB, 512x384
>mfw there are a shitload of Redditors on 4chan right now who aren't revealing their power level and are watching this thread with glee
>mfw 90% of 4chan users browse Reddit
>mfw there's nothing you can do about it
me on the right
/qa/ on the left
>>
>>330359
>>>mfw 90% of 4chan users browse Reddit
Good job pulling shit out of your arse
>>
>>330348
>How about you fuck off
As soon as you stop chimping out and learn to handle the banter (i.e. never).

>>330351
>I was simply wondering what kind of asshole needs to change a site to fit his needs when he already has another one he likes better
There's a concept in economics called "diversification". Read up, lil' nigga.
>>
>>330363
> learn to handle the banter (i.e. never).
Yea, I won't learn to handle it, because I don't want to, I want it gone. The majority of the 'banter' is shitposting and is incredibly low quality at that and it should just go the fuck back to reddit. 4chan isn't your toilet for you to shitpost in. If you won't adapt to the culture here and the people who come here not to shitpost, but discuss things, you should just fuck off
>>
>>330363
>There's a concept in economics
this isn't economics so I hope you supply some additional logic that validates your use of it in this context.
Doesn't look like it.

and nevertheless you're trying to make a point that would be ruled out by the point I was making, so it makes no sense to offer that as a counter.
It's ruled out because diversification would simply fall into that category of things you want to change. Read my post again if you need to.
>>
File: dubsman.jpg (10 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
dubsman.jpg
10 KB, 256x256
>>330366
>shitposting is not a part of 4chan culture
>unironically getting dubs as he writes this
>>
>>330370
>>shitposting is not a part of 4chan culture
I never said this, but rather, reddit and modern shitposting isn't
>>
>>330366
>4chan isn't your toilet for you to shitpost in.
But is yours, apparently, as evidenced by all the content-free turds you've dropped in this thread.
>>
>>330372
>modern shitposting isn't
Who died and made you the Grand Arbiter of Culture on this Laotian Lego-diorama board?
>>
>>330374
Nigger text is disgusting and people who use it should kill themselves
>>
>>330375
>believing that your feels should govern board culture
smℏ tbℏ fɑm
>>
>>330373
/qa/ exist just for the sake of having a place for people to complain. In this case, I'm complaining in hopes this is one of the threads Bunny reads and considers the removal of reddit and Japans the site more
>>
>>330338
>>330369
>>330374
The funny thing is, you say you come here because the site has better "memes" and "banter", but that's because it's so different from that other shithole you say is better and the people creating the content here you like are very different from yourself.

So now you want to change it to be more like your other shithole? That's dumb.

If 4chan were left up to people like you, not even you would want to browse here.
So why don't you just lurk and zip your trap instead of trying to turn this place into shit for no reason? Take whatever you want back to reddit I don't care, but you don't need to post your shitty opinions and "banter" here.
>>
File: 1367433486189.jpg (75 KB, 1008x600) Image search: [Google]
1367433486189.jpg
75 KB, 1008x600
>>330380
>and the people creating the content here you like are very different from yourself
>So now you want to change it to be more like your other shithole?
>assumptions
nice logical inferences fgt
>>
>>328399
>he doesn't have a browser extension that blocks referrers
>>
>>330359
>90%
No most of us can't look at reddit without feeling sick, there are a lot of faggots from reddit shitting up the board now though.
Is it because reddit mods keep censoring everything?

https://unreddit.com/r/nottheonion/comments/3rrz2a/sweden_tells_refugees_stay_in_germany_as_ikea/

How can you take a site seriously that deletes most of its comments?
>>
File: This, good. Going to be!.gif (2 MB, 288x540) Image search: [Google]
This, good. Going to be!.gif
2 MB, 288x540
>>328399
>Ban them forever.
this desu
>>
>>330235
>Burmese bitch-breeding board
>>330374
>Laotian Lego-diorama board

Why do redditors like this garbage meme so much? Is it because it is completely unfunny in every way?
>>
>>330610
I don't know, it was funny once or twice. That time has long since passed by, though
>>
>>330377
>>believing that your feels should govern board culture
No anon, its because niggertext is fucking low quality shitposting. It doesn't contribute anything at all, isn't even funny and it falls under GR 6
>>
>>330610
Might have something to do with redditors being incapable of coming up with their own fresh content. So, they just keep repeating the same things over and over and over again, even when its no longer funny
>>
>>328448
Fappening kiddies stayed contained. Gamergaters weren't nearly as much of a problem as the fact that they set up and enabled an environment where NeoGAF, reddit, GameFAQs, and SRS posters all feel welcome.
>>
I agree.
>>
>>328463
Every single front page post has dozens of shitty chains like this. No matter what subreddit it came from.

Thanks for reminding me that this is honestly the thing I hate worst about reddit.
>>
>>330359
>>mfw 90% of 4chan users browse Reddit
Stop trying to fit in, redditor.
>>
>>328463
I don't understand this post system. Why's there a post on the middle of nowhere, while others are making like a diagonal line?
>>
>>330351
honestly is_this a reddit a thing?
or doing /this/ around random words?
I know someone who does this who browses reddit too
>>
>>331565
Use your brain
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.