[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a faggot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1405825958897.jpg (40 KB, 449x647) Image search: [Google]
1405825958897.jpg
40 KB, 449x647
How do I stop caring about things?

I fear I might legitimately have autism because I can't help thinking that there are "correct" ways of doing everything, and all issues people fight over here, like whether a new board should be created, something should be banned, what constitutes "shitposting", etc.. have black and white solutions even if I'm just too dumb to see it.

So I continually subject myself to this shithole hoping to find definitive answers to everything so I can stop thinking about it, instead of spending my time just visiting enjoyable threads on boards I like, like I used to.

Am I the only one? How do I make it stop?
I-I just want to have fun again. But something keeps nagging at the back of my mind telling me to solve the puzzle of how a perfect internet community should be
>>
>>394574
How old are you, Anon? Are you between the ages of 18 and 24? I'm afraid you're just gonna have to wait. People usually learn to accept that life is full of people with different views that can't really be changed around 25.

The only thing you really need to do is just be humble. You're clearly most of the way there, you just need to start applying it. Respectfully acknowledge that you've got really really good software running in some buggy piece of shit Ape hardware and gaslight yourself into not trusting your gut anymore. Accept that things that are bad are still things, just bad versions of them. Lots of people make the "No True Scott" fallacy to exclude things they don't like from groups of things that they do like. For instance, "The Mona Lisa is a well made painting but... is it ART?" You need to not be a person who thinks that quality is objective. Kick Pirsig to the curb and accept that absolutely everything is relative. There may be a universe that is concrete and real, but you can't possibly perceive it, nor can anyone else. We can trust our scientists but even they agree that they had to form their foundations based on evidence-less assertions.

And that's all okay. You can still like things. Your experiences are valid. It's just that other people's experiences are valid too.

By the way, "Perfect" just means "I like it and don't hate it" so just make your own chan and ban everybody you dislike from it.
>>
>>394574
fuck, I have the same problem, always pondering about the "correct" way to do stuff.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.