[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Webm's with audio, an appeal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: webm-558x156.png (39 KB, 558x156) Image search: [Google]
webm-558x156.png
39 KB, 558x156
I would like to address Hiroyuki Nishimura regarding allowing Webm's with audios being made available throughout the whole site. His response was, as I recall, that people can just link a video from youtube.

However, this is not why most people want Webm's with audio. Here I will list a few points as to why.

1. Anons want to share only a small part of a video, not the whole video.

Sure you can link a youtube video in your post, but most of the time people just want to show people a small clip of the video, ranging from a few seconds to a minute in length. Usually that small part involves something funny or interesting, and the rest of the video is irrelevant. It would be easier to just

2. Youtube can take shit down

And not just NSFW stuff. If you have ever watched a youtube poop video (where people take a cartoon/movie/tv show and remix it to something usually funny), you will notice that youtube shoots them down and removes them all the time because companies like viacom DMCA them. Uploading Webm's to 4chan doesnt face this problem, and the clips can be downloaded by other anons, avoiding censorship and greedy corporations

3. You cant embed NSFW/controversial content, especially from youtube

Forcing us to show each other videos using youtube clips means that ultimately, youtube is in control over what we can show and what we cant show
I would like you to consider these points and please reconsider allowing webm's with audio on all boards
>>
>>393141
Webm's are nothing more than a updated form of gifs. It doesn't need sound, 4chan is a image board, not a video board
>>
>>393150
Why do /gif/ and /redditapprovedgif/ allow sound webms? Asinine arbitrary rule enforcement is destroying this site. See sound threads on /a/ and the absurd crusade against them. The original complain about bandwidth is irrelevant now that massive webms exist and that passes have made the site more financially secure. Moot just dislikes sounds on boards for some reason while adding them to two non-discussion boards, and the new moderation is standing by it.

Strange because a lot of moot's other autistic hate-targets have since been reintegrated (r/a/dio threads and whatnot).
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.